Old 03-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #1321
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
OMG THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFULEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN...

oops the caps..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #1322
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Lynn.. you are such a beautiful women....
LOL...LOL..

Thank you, Melinda...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #1323

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
You better take some breaks and ice it frequently too. If you don't, it will be all swollen tonight. HUGS
Thanks darlin, will do.

I have the house clean so all I have to do today is sew a BBQ apron for my friends birthday. Oh and I need to do the last little bit of laundry before the king arrives.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #1324

That is breathtaking....OMG let me live on the lawn!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #1325
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks Chewie I am not a lover of cumin...so maybe I can add a pinch to my recipe.. if I choose to make it...
I first read this as saying I am a lover of cumin...need I say more..
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #1326

It is very pretty. Lots of angles and stuff I bet it was a bear to build.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #1327

there is something about cumin, that I don't find smokey it is just agitating...LOLOLOL!!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #1328
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Lynn....why is your hats off to me?? and I am fat and gained a ton of weight.. hats off to Chewie.. LOL!!
Because you never give up....A person that keeps on truckin..no matter the pain or discomfort...gets an A in my book...been there.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #1329

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Because you never give up....A person that keeps on truckin..no matter the pain or discomfort...gets an A in my book...been there.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #1330
Big Yapper!!!!

I know..re the house...the colors of Fall...blend with the house....I asked him to throw in a scooter or golf cart so I would go get the mail...and a house cleaning crew and gardener...lol A single woman bought it actually...(and I love they even decorated the mailbox...but, then I love candy corn..lol)

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 03-12-2013 at 07:54 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #1331

So I am having this chat with my 17 year old boy.. and he said that when he was in middle school.. he used to worry about things weeks before it happened and he considered that a horrible time.. and now he is more mellower and goes with the flow...I told him that was a good thing.. cause that is paralyzing for me lately with worrying about things....hoping KCmom's post and his statement today will make me stop some.. but then we got into other things like he said he isn't ready to have a baby right now, THANK GOD, because he doesn't have the life's experiences.. and then I said well you know there are still tons to learn once you have a baby, please GOD let it be at least 10 years from now.. things you still don't know and he said no MOM.. I don't believe like that.. naturally cause who agrees with their mother at 17.. he said I am going to have a baby when I know I have the wisdom... OMG I can't wait to quote him on this day.. though naturally my son will deny he said that. I said, do you know when pops and I took you home, we put you in the car seat and it took us a half an hour to make sure it was right...LOL kids!!! I was making a point that there is always going to be something to learn...tons and tons..
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #1332

Well you ladies are very kind...but you wouldn't know it by how much weight I have gained...I thank you alot..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #1333
Big Yapper!!!!

Going to add my two cents re worrying about stuff...I met someone who handled things completely differently than me...and after noticing half or actually probably most of the stuff I was worrying about never materialized...I realized I was wasting my energy worrying...it takes a little repetition to change your thought process...rarely does anything happen the way you think it will...occasionally...I say to myself...I knew this was going to be a pain...lol..when I am there and it is totally annoying...but, I try to bring myself back to...this is no biggie..it's the way it's supposed to be to get you where you are going.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #1334

Lynn.. I never used to be a worry kind of person until I had my baby.. but your right, KCmama, even my boy I have to stop or else I am going to find myself with a stroke.. but you know identifying the problem is the first step... I guess..

So right now I am worried because, my son is going to play drums at the girl's basketball playoffs (GO GIRLS).. and I have to pick him around 9:30.. so what do you think I am going to worry about???? crickets.. it's 8:02 am and I am worried about 9:30 tonight.. see.. so I am going to block it out by walking some!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #1335
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
So I am having this chat with my 17 year old boy.. and he said that when he was in middle school.. he used to worry about things weeks before it happened and he considered that a horrible time.. and now he is more mellower and goes with the flow...I told him that was a good thing.. cause that is paralyzing for me lately with worrying about things....hoping KCmom's post and his statement today will make me stop some.. but then we got into other things like he said he isn't ready to have a baby right now, THANK GOD, because he doesn't have the life's experiences.. and then I said well you know there are still tons to learn once you have a baby, please GOD let it be at least 10 years from now.. things you still don't know and he said no MOM.. I don't believe like that.. naturally cause who agrees with their mother at 17.. he said I am going to have a baby when I know I have the wisdom... OMG I can't wait to quote him on this day.. though naturally my son will deny he said that. I said, do you know when pops and I took you home, we put you in the car seat and it took us a half an hour to make sure it was right...LOL kids!!! I was making a point that there is always going to be something to learn...tons and tons..

LOL...First baby...makes a noise in his crib...the two of us nearly knock each other down to get in there to make sure he is okay...

Second baby...slowly get up and go check baby...husband sleeping...

Third baby...poke...poke..the baby is crying...huh?...oh..okay..that's good..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #1336

OK save my seat I am going walking.. I only have 23 minutes done.. and I need to be at 60..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #1337

Quote:
LOL...First baby...makes a noise in his crib...the two of us nearly knock each other down to get in there to make sure he is okay...

Second baby...slowly get up and go check baby...husband sleeping...

Third baby...poke...poke..the baby is crying...huh?...oh..okay..that's good..
LOLOLOLOL... OMG I remember for 2 weeks straight that sister in law of mine would come and sit on the couch from morning to night. just watching us.. OMG..ironically she never had kids...but OMG...
Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #1338
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Lynn.. I never used to be a worry kind of person until I had my baby.. but your right, KCmama, even my boy I have to stop or else I am going to find myself with a stroke.. but you know identifying the problem is the first step... I guess..

So right now I am worried because, my son is going to play drums at the girl's basketball playoffs (GO GIRLS).. and I have to pick him around 9:30.. so what do you think I am going to worry about???? crickets.. it's 8:02 am and I am worried about 9:30 tonight.. see.. so I am going to block it out by walking some!!!
I am not downplaying your cricket phobia...Melinda...but, think..what can a cricket do to you... Just try saying...good evening Mr. Cricket..must be nice just hanging around.. You sorta have to get this cricket thing in perspective... Is it just the look of them?...just curious...trying to help..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #1339

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Wowza! They left you with very little of your stomach! Whew. Sad to hear that you get serious pain if you overeat.
It is not sad, it is a great deterrant. I just need to be aware of each bite. Hopefully it will serve me well when I am in maintenance.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #1340

Quote:
I am not downplaying your cricket phobia...Melinda...but, think..what can a cricket do to you... Just try saying...good evening Mr. Cricket..must be nice just hanging around.. You sorta have to get this cricket thing in perspective... Is it just the look of them?...just curious...trying to help..
I have a fear of bugs.. any bugs.. so that is number one...then the crickets sometimes get in my house and they jump up.. and I literally feel like I am going to die from fright...and I have been good about smashing them, however not the bigger ones...I just freeze with fear...and they are out there hopping around....then my boy tells me Mom don't look down, so what do I do?? I look down.. plus I don't wear tennis shoes.. I wear slip on sandals....I just have a fear of bugs..and the bigger ones OMG OMG OMG like the water bug ones.. I feel like I am going to drop dead.. like I want to leave the house and live somewhere else..

My brother said to me once.. OMG Melinda, you weight a million times more than they do.. but that's my brother who can catch bugs with his hands and not even blink..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #1341

Chewie...can you gain weight after the surgery?? does your tummy stretch?? I don't know much about it...my hub's cousins had the surgeries.....I swear I would be eating melted ice cream thru a straw....
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #1342

26 more minutes to make my 60 minute goal..plus I am fighting off the urge to eat some potato chips...OMG make this stop!!!!!! ok coffee time..
Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #1343

Quote:
First thing I do when I get in the house is close the door lock it and rip the bra off and toss it on the couch for later use....

Gosh Lonykins...I have 37 more minutes left to do.. I am beat...
I used to do this too. Now that I've lost weight, I can wear my bra till bedtime and no biggie. Actually, I have 2 decent bras and both are almost too big now---on the last hook. I used to need an extra piece although I never got one, just took the pinching and tightness.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #1344

Quote:
That is breathtaking....OMG let me live on the lawn!!!
It is gorgeous.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #1345
Big Yapper!!!!

One helpful hint in case you have bright lights outside?

If you have bright lights outside your house, you may want to replace them with low light or “bug” bulbs. Crickets are attracted to bright lighting at night, so having them on is like holding a sign that reads: “Crickets are welcome here.” A trip to your local hardware shop to buy these low-light bulbs will save you the worries of attracting hordes of crickets to your home. Low-light bulbs emit a yellowish glow and are inexpensive. If you can't find them, then keep your bright lights off at night.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #1346

Quote:
I used to do this too. Now that I've lost weight, I can wear my bra till bedtime and no biggie. Actually, I have 2 decent bras and both are almost too big now---on the last hook. I used to need an extra piece although I never got one, just took the pinching and tightness.
It's not the weight issue.. I just don't like the way clothes feel on me, my mother was like that.. and so are my brothers.. we got that gene from Mom.... I have a need to take it off.. I really do..I could be a bean pole and that bra, shoes, dress, slip is all coming off...
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #1347
Big Yapper!!!!

Cricket traps..who knew..

Cricket Traps – Cricket traps are best used outside the house to prevent them from coming in. They can be placed near windows and doors, or in those small crevices where crickets can sneak in.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #1348

Quote:
Chewie...can you gain weight after the surgery?? does your tummy stretch?? I don't know much about it...my hub's cousins had the surgeries.....I swear I would be eating melted ice cream thru a straw....
Yes, you can gain weight and the stomach will stretch too. It is all about the habits you create. I am happy with the new habits I have now and hope/plan to continue them for as long as I live. Many weight loss surgery patients learn about what they call "slider" foods and if they eat them, they can eat lots more than normal. I have read that popcorn is one of those. Also, grazing is a GIANT NO NO. I don't do that and really never did that. I am not a taster when I cook. I usually call my ds14 to come taste the food for seasoning. LOL He's learning about spices just from that.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #1349

Quote:
One helpful hint in case you have bright lights outside?

If you have bright lights outside your house, you may want to replace them with low light or “bug” bulbs. Crickets are attracted to bright lighting at night, so having them on is like holding a sign that reads: “Crickets are welcome here.” A trip to your local hardware shop to buy these low-light bulbs will save you the worries of attracting hordes of crickets to your home. Low-light bulbs emit a yellowish glow and are inexpensive. If you can't find them, then keep your bright lights off at night.
we have a motion light on, the garage, no outside light.. I told hubs NO, he isn't allowed to put a bulb in, the light near my front door ever never....cause Moths are attracted to lights too.. and one day one big one came in and you should have seen hubs and I with the broom, I am on moth watch and he is slamming every wall trying to get it.. I told you I have it bad...I can laugh now.. but boy..I was like breathing hard...and sweating LOL.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #1350

Quote:
Yes, you can gain weight and the stomach will stretch too. It is all about the habits you create. I am happy with the new habits I have now and hope/plan to continue them for as long as I live. Many weight loss surgery patients learn about what they call "slider" foods and if they eat them, they can eat lots more than normal. I have read that popcorn is one of those. Also, grazing is a GIANT NO NO. I don't do that and really never did that. I am not a taster when I cook. I usually call my ds14 to come taste the food for seasoning. LOL He's learning about spices just from that.
I am a taster and a grazier.. I would rather graze all day then sit down to a meal...I hope so too Chewie....