Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #1231
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
ya know Lonykins.. only you would know what I mean!!!! LOL!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #1232

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Baby I am funny and Sexy and the perfect women!! LOL (COUGH COUGH COUGH).. there is just a tad too much of me...
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #1233

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
I wouldn't say gutter.. I would say more Sexy!!!!! and the meat is the perfect accessory..
I'll be like Lady Gaga and her meat dress, only mine will be smoked meat.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrystal View Post
if you have a Best Buy they have a recycle program for old TV's (well a lot of them do you can check their site to see). the larger tv's I think they ask for $25 but they give it right back to you in store credit. I shop there a lot (i'm a techie) so to me it's very worth it (especially to just get rid of the tv by recycling.)

And some communities have recycling programs as well (some are free).
Hey Thanks Crystal...I should check it out.. I bet my son would move, if we got cash on that!! LOL..
Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I'll be like Lady Gaga and her meat dress, only mine will be smoked meat.
No Elizakins.. I said the perfect accessory not a dress!!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #1236

Quote:
ya know Lonykins.. only you would know what I mean!!!! LOL!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #1237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
No my stats are a lie........I am up to 230 I have a plan in place for when Mike leaves next Wednesday. LOL My Birthday is Sunday so I am going on a spree!

I wanted to go to Cheyenne but I guess we have other plans
The minute I saw this post I got to thinking about this recipe I saw for red velvet pancakes...OMG.. I passed that sucker so fast...
Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #1238

Do you know in less than 12 hours.. will start my let's get to 60 minutes of walking again....LOL...
Old 03-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #1239

Quote:
I wouldn't say gutter.. I would say more Sexy!!!!! and the meat is the perfect accessory..
If you have seen me au naturel, you wouldn't think sexy.....it will be more like everyone faints at that sight, and we spend our time reviving them
Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #1240

I certainly will not faint!!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #1241

So you know I opened that Facebook page for one day and never went back.. so I get this email saying someone left me a message.. so I got curious and forget the password yada yada...so I see this message is from a chick I went to high school with and is one of the last people on earth I would want to hook up with...OMG..
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #1242

Quote:
No Elizakins.. I said the perfect accessory not a dress!!!!
Hahaha.....it will have to be a pretty huge accessory to satisfy our appetites.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #1243

Quote:
I certainly will not faint!!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #1244

Quote:
Hahaha.....it will have to be a pretty huge accessory to satisfy our appetites.
Well you can wear it as a necklace!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #1245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Quote:
Quick question.. I found this recipe that calls for wine.. but I hate wine...any ideas for substitute???
Didn't say what type of wine but based on recipe probably red:
(there are tons of different types of wine but usually best to know if you are needing red or white, sweet or dry (tart)). I've seen tons of recipes that just say wine ...argh.. and since I don't cook with wine I need to know if it's just a flavor chase or to tenderize, etc. ... anyway I digress as usually back to the original question:

Red wine - typically ... can use red grape juice mixed with some red wine vinegar
......................or use some cranberry juice (the less sweet the better to get that tart taste if the wine was supposed to be a dry wine).

White wine - white grape w/white wine vinegar, some use unsweetened apple juice.

I suppose you could also just use broth with vinegar (as someone mentioned).

webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #1246

Thanks Crystal......it's a tomato based recipe.. so I am thinking red wine....all these suggestions is going to help me and I thank you for it...

I am getting the munchies.. so I have to stay away from the kitchen.. or else it's not going to be pretty.. my son downloaded for me a game where there is 4 pictures and letters and you pick from the letters, to made a word, as to what the pictures have in common.. he says that is good for my old mind.. and he downloaded for me this Angry Birds.. so I better get to playing those...
Old 03-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #1247
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post

<snip>This dress is looking so stinking cute though! It is a hot pink with butterflies all over it and the butterflies have bright yellow, neon green, bright blue, bright orange all over them. But if I don't hurry up and finish it no one is ever going to get to wear it!
Hahaha this made me laugh so hard (at myself).. I had such grand plans to sew for my daughter. pffft. made only a couple of things . still have tons of old patterns for like toddlers to girls sizes. She's now 13 and wears a women's large. (she's pretty tall and avg size). sigh. so much for that. oh and tons of fabric ... only consolation is that she'll probably use some of the toy/doll patterns to make stuff herself in sewing class. I probably should look and see if the patterns are still in one piece and sell them or get rid them. (I'd better not have any grandkids any time soon!) lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #1248
Senior LCF Member

BTW - congrats to everyone on the kids and hubby getting better, the leg crossing, walking, weight loss, and other happy stuff.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #1249
Senior LCF Member

peanut butter fudge

ok .. not sure who said it or on what page but someone posted that they were making pb fudge? (I think Chewie or Crazyone/Melinda).

Is it low carb? Is the recipe online somewhere? I'd have to sub sunflower butter but I need a good recipe as a starter. I know I could find some online but if you've tried it - its probably good (there are some pretty awful recipes out there!).

(of course then again some people like wheat grass juice )
Old 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #1250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
<snip>
I am getting the munchies.. so I have to stay away from the kitchen.. or else it's not going to be pretty.. <snip>...
This made me think of something I read once... this women who said that she decided to go on a diet one day when she was sitting on a chair in front of the fridge with the door open cleaning it out (I'm assuming she had some difficulty standing and doing it) and her son walks in and says "Having lunch Mom?".

I know it's bad but it still makes me giggle.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #1251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
if you have a Best Buy they have a recycle program for old TV's (well a lot of them do you can check their site to see). the larger tv's I think they ask for $25 but they give it right back to you in store credit. I shop there a lot (i'm a techie) so to me it's very worth it (especially to just get rid of the tv by recycling.)

And some communities have recycling programs as well (some are free).

Plus, in many areas it is illegal to dump toxic materials even if they have a huge dumpster unless it is designated for electronics and/or hazardous material. A tv and computers are consider to have hazardous/toxic material in them and usually are required to dispose of in certain ways. Though not everyone does.
If caught you can face fines.

also if you are in California I don't think they charge the $25 fee and will take tv up to 32" ... if you buy a large new tv they might pick up larger ones free and haul them away.
Hey Crystal,

Thanks for the info. I know our city does the electronics recycling a couple of times a year but you are correct in that we have to pay about $25 and the same for the monitors from desktop computers. I shall definitely have to check out our local Best Buy here to see if they take these old tvs. What do you like to buy from Best Buy? I generally do not buy anything there unless one of my kids' friends wants a gift card from there for their birthday. I stopped shopping there many years ago because they had bad ratings for customer service after purchase.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #1252

Crystal you should check out the recipe section on this board. They have lots of amazing things.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #1253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
No my stats are a lie........I am up to 230 I have a plan in place for when Mike leaves next Wednesday. LOL My Birthday is Sunday so I am going on a spree!

I wanted to go to Cheyenne but I guess we have other plans

Oh. So sorry to have mentioned the stats then. Awww, seriously, no trip to Cheyenne? This guy is supposed to be good and cute.Well, hopefully, Mike has something big planned for your birthday then. what do you want to eat for your birthday? Or maybe Mike is taking care of that and taking you someplace.

Quote:
I think Lony's sister should have called her... if she is missing her sister so much.. it would have been nice to hear her voice.. and when that wicked witch up there in Vegas sends my son anything I make him pick up the land line and call...maybe a co worker or an acquaintance is different.. I don't know.. I am technology naive... so I would always pick up a phone..
Agreed! Who wouldn't call their sister after she sent flowers from out of the blue? Even if it was her birthday.....

Quote:
I hope your sonny boy heals soon....
Thanks, me too. I can't believe he went to swim practice tonight.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #1254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Crystal......it's a tomato based recipe.. so I am thinking red wine....all these suggestions is going to help me and I thank you for it...

I am getting the munchies.. so I have to stay away from the kitchen.. or else it's not going to be pretty.. my son downloaded for me a game where there is 4 pictures and letters and you pick from the letters, to made a word, as to what the pictures have in common.. he says that is good for my old mind.. and he downloaded for me this Angry Birds.. so I better get to playing those...
That is a fun game! It has been the rage here. My son and his friends played it. Youngest finished it in two days....A couple of weeks ago in the waiting room at the dance studio a bunch of the girls were playing it on their smartphones/iphones. When they got stuck they would bring their smartphones/iphones over to me and somehow it was always something I could figure out pretty quickly. Needless to say I have risen quite high in their eyes now! They kept asking how I could do that==then told my daughter that I am quite amazing. Who knew I had such talent?Sadly, It doesn't pay well, though.....It is fun, Melinda!Seriously one of the few games on the phones that I can actually do.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #1255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hahaha this made me laugh so hard (at myself).. I had such grand plans to sew for my daughter. pffft. made only a couple of things . still have tons of old patterns for like toddlers to girls sizes. She's now 13 and wears a women's large. (she's pretty tall and avg size). sigh. so much for that. oh and tons of fabric ... only consolation is that she'll probably use some of the toy/doll patterns to make stuff herself in sewing class. I probably should look and see if the patterns are still in one piece and sell them or get rid them. (I'd better not have any grandkids any time soon!) lol.
Ooooooooor, you could make dresses for Dress a Girl Around the World. I have started doing that with a group at a church where I am doing Bible Study. But you can google that for basic pattern and tips, like making sure the fabric is not too sheer, etc. I think the dress is the basic same pattern as the Pillowcase dresses, except you have to put in a hem, and sew an extra seam.

My daughter is 13 also and in 7th grade! She will be taking sewing again next year. Really, she doesn't have that many options since she doesn't want to do choir, orchestra, band, computers, or preengineering.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #1256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Crystal,

<snip> What do you like to buy from Best Buy? I generally do not buy anything there unless one of my kids' friends wants a gift card from there for their birthday. I stopped shopping there many years ago because they had bad ratings for customer service after purchase.
I've bought a lot from there a few computers, peripherals, tvs, dvd, vcr (yea I been shopping there a long time ... plus my kids movies, game stations and associated games (though I prefer to get used games when I can). (not all the stuff I've bought has been for me - some for friends and some family, etc. - gives me points and I get them what they need).

I haven't really had a hard time with customer service - well not more than any other store anyway. Of course I'm sure that varies by the area - my mom won't shop their because they couldn't get any service and that was when they were trying to buy!

Also since I'm a techie I know what I want and the requirements, and I don't need their support (for the most part) for software issues. Any hardware issues have been fixed/replaced ok. although I was really ticked when I found out their Geek Squad can't fix warranty pc/laptops they have to send them off. what the heck is that?! I'd be really annoyed to be working as a tech and told .. uhm you aren't qualified to fix our stuff! sheesh.

Anyway for the most part I find I get pretty good prices. They'll also price match, etc. I could go over to Walmart but they already get enough of my money so I spread the wealth (so to speak as there's not much wealth here )
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #1257

Quote:
Oh. So sorry to have mentioned the stats then. Awww, seriously, no trip to Cheyenne? This guy is supposed to be good and cute.Well, hopefully, Mike has something big planned for your birthday then. what do you want to eat for your birthday? Or maybe Mike is taking care of that and taking you someplace.

Agreed! Who wouldn't call their sister after she sent flowers from out of the blue? Even if it was her birthday.....

Thanks, me too. I can't believe he went to swim practice tonight.
Oh it is ok. I am going on a liquid diet for two weeks when Mike goes back on his hitch. That should get something jump started!

Mike does not like to go out much. We have never gone to the movies in the 11 years we have been together. No going out drinking or dancing, sometimes it gets frustrating!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #1258

Haha, Crystal, that's the spirit.....spreading the wealth is socially responsible
Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #1259

Lony, I'm thinking on going on a fat fast as soon as i feel better.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #1260

Quote:
Lony, I'm thinking on going on a fat fast as soon as i feel better.
How long do you plan on staying on it? I thought about that too but we know what happened last time.