Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quick drive by honk honk good morning!!! talk to you all later..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #962

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. I slept in today till 7:45.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #963

Wow, I'm all caught up reading. Quiet night. Where's Ms. Eliza, Lony????

Deb--how's Ashley? Hope Steven can find a job to cover expenses at college. I'm hoping my ds18 finds a job soon too---he hasn't even started looking yet. He's waiting to complete his midterms this week and spring break next week.

Melinda--how is your ds???
Old 03-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #964

I have tons to do today. We have to take my "new" car back to the mechanic---needs to reset the timing and replace something. Then have to go w/ds to pick up the chair and ottoman and then found a rug on craigslist for my kitchen sunroom. We have been looking for a new rug for there for a few months now. Found one I loved, hope it's in good condition. Plus I have to make a meal plan, bake that coconut cream pie, make quacamole and what am I making for dinner tonight???? Accckkk
Old 03-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #965
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning everyone!!!
Chewie....your chair and ottoman looks really nice!! COCONUT cream pie!!!!!! OMG!!!
Melinda.....get in that office and write!!!! LOL
Lony...so what are you up to? Doing any fun hobby type stuff at the moment?
I've been doing a little cleaning since DD and family will be spending the night here tonight. I've also been getting may "mama' bear all dressed up with some of mama's
jewelry. I most likely will bore you but I am going to show you a picture anyway! LOL
I've been making some doll clothes this past week. I have a dress made along with a cute pair of knee shorts and a cute top. It has help to keep me out of the kitchen!!!
OMG....hubs just came up to tell me my dad's sweater that I had in my hope chest for 30 yrs. is NOT in there!!!! What the fudge????????? What would I have done with it??????? See what happens ladies as you start to lose your senses!!!!!! P.S. sorry this picture is so large. Don't know how to reduce it.

Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #966

Sue....I am there now!!! OMG the bear is beautiful Sue!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #967

Hi Sue. Cute Bear, love the bling.

So I cleaned the frig, then made the coconut cream pie, guacamole and hard boiled some eggs. Made wings for the boys too. Plus laundry. It's 64 and my windows are wide open. I am showered and already sweating. The pie will be done in 15 minutes and then ds18 and I are off to take the car, get the chair and go look at that rug.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #968

Here's a pic of the rug I'm going to look at today. It's 6 x 9 and will fit under my kitchen sunroom table. Gee--I'm spending a lot of money lately.
rug.jpg
Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #969

Chewie.. Thank you very much for asking about my son..well he isn't up yet LOLOLOL!! it's 10:09 here..but last night he said he felt better.. so I am so relieved..I just bought 40 bucks worth of different meds at Walgreens.. I was going to take it back.. but he said no...he gets allergies.. and these day and night meds will help with that later down the road...That rug is very pretty.. that rug would be gone by night time here... my dogs would have soiled and not looking nice.. LOL!!! Spend money for me Chewie.. I don't have any...

So I found me a bargain and I am searching like the dickens to find a recipe... I found Marscapone cheese marked down from 5.99 at the grocery store...to .99 cents!! OMG.. all I need is a spoon.. but I want to make a dessert.. but these two aren't going to eat what I am pulling up on the internet..

So onward with my searching....

My fridge light is out...remember in the olden days.. you stuck your hand in back and unscrewed the light bulb?? well now I guess you need a screwdriver...and we don't own a flashlight.. well we did till these 2 moved it... so in order to get the light bulb out you need a light to see.. OMG.. as you can tell we aren't handy dandy..
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #970

Sue.. I love the glasses in the pocket...
Old 03-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #971

Chewie... I am wondering do you have a good Almond flour crust recipe you use??? I can't find one and I want to scream....This is one I dug up but it sounds so simple..

Ingredients:

1 and 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Artificial sweetener equal to 3 tablespoons sugar

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 F. Melt the butter (if the pie pan is microwave safe, melt the butter in it) and mix the ingredients up in the pan and pat into place with your fingertips.

Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After 8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown it goes quickly.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #972

I think I am going to take my Mascarpone cheese and mix with some sugar free strawberry jam or something and throw it in a crust....
Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Bonjour Mes Amis!!!!

How is your Saturday going? Mine is going well so far and had an early start. My Friday went quickly. I meant to come back in to visit with you all but it just didn't happen. It was my day to help with a friend at the IDC working with some darling Down's babies. They were so adorable and we had fun and laughed a lot. Sadly, two of the precious little boys from this group died unexpectedly since the last time I was there. They had a memorial table set up for them and they were so adorable in their pictures. I got all teary.

Then as dh was off work yesterday, I took him with me to check out our new grocery store. I sent him upstairs to check out the whole bar/lounge/monstrous tv. He was very impressed with that and the food. He really liked all the cheese, meat, seafood counters and he talked me into getting salmon steaks for dinner. We also bought a nice looking papaya and some apples that were absolutely huge!

Later, I took daughter and a friend to get some service hours for confirmation. I worked with them at the dessert station at our church's Lenten Fish Fry. We worked from 6:00-7:30 and the place was absolutely packed the entire time! I think we shall go and eat there next week as there was lots of food and 3 kinds of fish to choose from, plus vegetarian pizza, etc. I was good and did not eat a single dessert (or anything else for that matter) and then came home to fix dinner at 8:00 p.m. Dh loved the salmon, rice pilaf and veggies I fixed. I just had the salmon, and then the panna cotta! Spent the rest of the night watching Cold Case and Flashpoint with dh. Couldn't believe it was midnight when I checked the clock after yet another episode. So, I headed to bed.

Woke up around 6:15 and finally got up at 7:00 for coffee and devotionals. Then got dh and youngest up to head to the movie theater. We got free passes to see the 3D version of the new movie The Croods which opens here March 22. We had to be there around 9:30. I had dh come with us as two of youngest's friends backed out deciding they did not want to get up so early after all. I highly recommend this movie. Go see it when it come out and do the 3d version. The visual/scenery stuff is fabulous. The story line was entertaining. Lots of funny and poignant moments and action as well. So, Go See IT! A family friendly movie!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #974

Good Lord KcMom....whew!! I need a nap from all you did!!! I have been craving some fish like mad lately...Now that TOM has graced me with his presence.. I am hoping to get my walking back in check.. starting tomorrow....I really need to get up and tidy up....I need your energy!!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sue, love what you have done to mama bear. Sure hope you find your dad's sweater.

Melinda, I do not know if I have had mascarpone or not. I did see that Aldi carried it in the refrigerated cheeses section. Don't know if it was a special buy for the holidays and leftover or something they carry. I thought of you when I saw it. What is your favorite recipe with the mascarpone?

My, my Chewie, you have been doing a lot of shopping! I am, sadly, currently on a spending freeze. Trying to avoid buying anything. It is tough though!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #976
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Lord KcMom....whew!! I need a nap from all you did!!! I have been craving some fish like mad lately...Now that TOM has graced me with his presence.. I am hoping to get my walking back in check.. starting tomorrow....I really need to get up and tidy up....I need your energy!!
Ha! I need my energy! I am a bit tired today.I am trying to get a dress or two finished today. Yesterday I kept messing up the elastic, twice I let go of it, once when I had stitched down the opposite end already so I had to go rip that out and rethread and resew. I guess that will teach me to try to do it when I am in a hurry.

How do you like to eat fish? I tried an asian style marinade last night on the salmon. It was pretty good but still not as good as the recipe I used to make and lost.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb, how do two young married folk have so much stuff?! Good luck with all that moving and don't get hurt!

Ok, well, I am going to have to get moving again. Have to stop and get a gift card for a friend of youngest as she is going to her birthday party later this afternoon after dance. You all have a great lc day. I am still hungry so I am going to grab bite before I head out.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I have my two grandsons today. There mom is a music teacher and is taking a private voice student to district contests. Their dad is an over the road truck driver and was supposed to be home to keep them, but it didn't work out. We made pink lemonade cookies and frosted them. They wanted toasted cheese sandwiches for lunch. I made them onion dip and they were thrilled. I made a green beard for my daughter's pirate program. Now I need to finish some bunny slippers for my youngest granddaughter's AG doll. I think she will get those in her Easter basket. She is coming home with me after church Sunday. Her big sister is going ice skating and DIL didn't think they could keep up with her on ice.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #979
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, use a big safety pin in a T position across the end of the elastic you don't want going into the casing.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #980

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hi Girls! I hope everyone is having an awesome day. I was up at 6:30 what the heck?!?!

Anyway I did a five mile wog and a fat burning yoga workout I started a few days ago. It feels really good to feel myself losing up! I have also been doing very strict low carb so things are really looking up.

I got six loads of laundry done and I got the car all washed and vacuumed.

I have several crafty projects going on so that has been taking up my time. Between that and the extra workouts I have been busy.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #981

Hi, we're back. Took the car, got the chair and ottoman and stopped at that lady's house that had that rug. I asked her last night what time was convenient for her and she told me 1 pm. We showed up at 12:56---pretty close to 1. No one was home!!! Stupid people. I even asked her to call me if something came up today and she didn't nor did she answer her phone. And I really wanted that rug, it's so pretty.GRRRRR

I just had 2 wingettes and blue cheese dip. YUMMMO

DS18 took dh's BMW to a battle of the bands at the university last night, he drove 3 of his friends. Some of his buddies are in the bands that played but didn't win. Then they all went to IHOP. He was home at 1. We are so blessed cause he's such a good kid. He ran me around today taking the car and getting the chair too.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!

Last edited by chewiegand; 03-09-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #982

Lony--good job on wogging and the video and lc. That's great.

KC--I love salmon.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #983

I think it's nap time. I still have laundry to fold but I'll do that later.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #984

Kcmamai love salmon....I hate tilapia.....it has that purple vein down the middle that grosses me out.,."I rarely buy fish.,...where I shop it's just too expensive.....I have seen that commercial for the Gorton things, the fish in the parchment....looks good...I really do love any kind of smoked fish...
Old 03-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #985
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's all meet at Chewie's for dinner. OMG...so much good stuff.
Melinda....you be sure and make that pie and bring along. I have
never had that kind of cheese before!!
kcmama...you have had a busy day!!! Time for a little R&R I would say.

Hubs found my dad's sweater. It was in a container.
We are off to our DIL's 40th BD party. I doubt that there will be anything
LC on the menu!!! It is being catered and it's Italian. Oh well....
Old 03-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG....does Tilapia have purple veins going down the middle??? If so I most likely am just eating it all!!! Yuck!! I cooked some a couple of days ago and it had a dark looking meat area down the middle. It looked gross.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #987

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi girls I'm taking relaxation very seriously today and doing absolutely nothing but chatting with friends, reading, and watching TV.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
OMG....does Tilapia have purple veins going down the middle??? If so I most likely am just eating it all!!! Yuck!! I cooked some a couple of days ago and it had a dark looking meat area down the middle. It looked gross.
EXACTLY!! IT LOOKED LIKE A PURPLE VEIN AND I SAID NO WAY NOT GOING TO EAT THAT!!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #989

Sue.. Enjoy yourself... diet later.. seriously.. sounds wonderful....and I have no idea how to make this chocolate pie.. I think I am going to use diet Hershey's chocolate syrup and mix.. .and make an almond meal pie crust.. if I can find a recipe...what could be bad about that...

Elizakins keep relaxing..!!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #990

Well let me be first to say good morning!!!!! even with losing an extra hour I am still a friggen early bird... with no worm....LOL..I did some walking.. got a long ways to go..I set myself a lofty goal today...and I want to do some stretching as well.. better get to it.. in between the dishes I am going to cook and make today...up first is the fruit salad...wished there was better fruit this week..last week they had all kinds of berries on sale.. this week non existent...