Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Hey Lony....

Mona.. pass me a plate!!

Kcmama..Since the girl's basketball team only lost like 1 game.. they will be able to start the playoffs at home at the school...I think if you lose your out.. the hot chick my son was tutoring that day.. won the MVP at her championship game.. and I remember her telling me, that they will play the next 3 games at home during the state finals.. that's if they keep winning.. then I guess that trims the field down and then they will go to a venue.. cause I could have sworn my son once telling me that it may be held in Sacramento....but I could have been on crack.. LOL...the girl's soccer team won the city champs as well.. so they too are invited to the state finals.. and as I told you the irony is I know one of the girls on the team.. my son went to pre school with her.. she used to be so tiny and so short.. and now she is muscular and 5'7"... good thing the kids are getting older not me though!!!!!!!

Deb.. you knitting some booties???
i can't KNIT!! LONY HELP!

BUT i have been trying to find crib tents(still have my Jenny lind crib) for when i set our crib up in our bedroom one that won't let the cats get into it at all
AND kenny's old room here has a GOOD sized closet and i am thinking of doing this in it we cut the wall soo the whole room can't be a bedroom anymore but i think i can do this just in case

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #872
Way too much time on my hands!

Quote:
In the meantime.. my baby sonny boy isn't feeling so hot.. but he doesn't want to go to the doctors...and he got short with me for no reason this morning.. I just asked what time he is done with school today.. and he answered back in a smart assed tone.. but I didn't say anything.. usually I do..and then 2 seconds later he apologized to me.. so I think that was the first time ever for that!!!! LOL

I gotta get my food plan for Sunday and a list for the other things.. I just don't feel like it.....wished I could blink my eyes and a Chef appears in the kitchen...
Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #873

Strep is going around at Steven's HS but they had school
Laurel county schools were out again this week today and tomorrow because of it
Old 03-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #874

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hahaha Deb, if you want to knit a scarf, dish cloth or blaket I am your woman. Booties are beyond me. Kcmama is the master knitter of the group!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #875
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
lucky....Pintrest is where I came up with most of the patterns. Thanks for telling me anyway.
Deb...I'll go and check your pins out. Those little socks and leggings are really cute! They look easy and I am all about easy!!!
Mona.....I made cole slaw today also. I didn't make a mess because I did it the lazy way. My cabbage came from a bag cut up! I'll trade my yucky fish for your wonderful sounding ribs!!!!
Melinda....don't take the word of a teen aged boy. Get a flash light and check his throat out for white spots.

I have been sewing all day and my neck is killing me now!!

Hi to all........have a great evening!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i can't KNIT!! LONY HELP!

BUT i have been trying to find crib tents(still have my Jenny lind crib) for when i set our crib up in our bedroom one that won't let the cats get into it at all
AND kenny's old room here has a GOOD sized closet and i am thinking of doing this in it we cut the wall soo the whole room can't be a bedroom anymore but i think i can do this just in case

That is a really great idea Deb!!!!!! It would be really cute!!!
Sounds like you are thinking like a grandmother!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #877

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. Went to the hospital to see ds's friend. The spider bite started the whole thing but it ended up as a staff infection. It is pretty bad and he's on all kinds of different antibiotics by IV. Poor kid is bored out of his head. He will be there till Saturday. Crazy stuff!!

I just put the lamb ribs in water to simmer and get some of the fat out. Then I will season and bake them crispy. I hope I can eat them. Sometimes crispy and my tummy do not agree. I have soup and chicken if there is a problem. Luckily I will know right away and just stop.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
That is a really great idea Deb!!!!!! It would be really cute!!!
Sounds like you are thinking like a grandmother!!!!!
Heck i been thinking like a memaw(nana, gramma, granny, oma whatever the kid says before PAPAW!) since Kenny was a baby one i could spoil and send home with the noisy toys

just wish the situation with Ashley's parents were different

ok just measured the closet and it is 3 ft deep and 4 ft wide really good size

Ashley called and she is having pains in her side SIGH if it was 2nd trimester i would think round ligament stretching i didn't know what to tell her BUT i tiold her STOP lifting stuff for the move and watch for spotting and if the pain keeps recurring to get to ER or call me and i would take her gah i never had side pains that early has anyone any ideas?? the only thing i could think of was ectopic but maybe it is just hormones???
Old 03-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi. Went to the hospital to see ds's friend. The spider bite started the whole thing but it ended up as a staff infection. It is pretty bad and he's on all kinds of different antibiotics by IV. Poor kid is bored out of his head. He will be there till Saturday. Crazy stuff!!

I just put the lamb ribs in water to simmer and get some of the fat out. Then I will season and bake them crispy. I hope I can eat them. Sometimes crispy and my tummy do not agree. I have soup and chicken if there is a problem. Luckily I will know right away and just stop.
will they let him have his computer or ipad in the hospital?/
Old 03-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #880

maybe this??
Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #881

oh Melinda!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #882

Quote:
will they let him have his computer or ipad in the hospital?/
Yes, he has his phone and computer but is pretty limited cause he has an IV. He hasn't even been able to shower yet. We brought him a chocolate milkshake.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #883

is this too close to a panna cotta?/ it sounds yummy

Quote:
JOSIE'S CREAMY EGG CUSTARD
4 eggs
2 cups Carb Countdown milk or heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or cinnamon

Whisk all of the ingredients, except the nutmeg or cinnamon well; strain into a shallow baking dish. Set the dish in a larger pan filled with water to go up side of dish 1 inch. Bake at 325║ 30 minutes or until set. Chill well before serving and sprinkle each serving with nutmeg or cinnamon.

Makes 4 servings
Do not freeze

Made with Carb Countdown milk:
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 155 Calories; 9g Fat; 12g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 143 Calories; 9g Fat; 12g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

Made with heavy cream:
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 501 Calories; 49g Fat; 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 489 Calories; 49g Fat; 9g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

I made this in a shallow baking dish, but it took mine way more than the suggested 30 minutes to set up. Mine took about an hour and 10 minutes. If you want to make this in custard cups, the 30 minutes may be long enough. This is a very nice custard with just the right sweetness. Click the photo to see a close-up.

UPDATE: I got a correction from the author of this recipe. The oven temperature should be 325║ and not 300║ like I had here originally. Start checking the custard after 30 minutes and bake until set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #884

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Deb..that is pretty.....

Deb...my son heard from the second school out of seven, he applied to.....he got accepted! But no mention of scholarship...he said he had to go online to check....

Sue...good point, I will have hubs check that...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #885

Quote:
Heck i been thinking like a memaw(nana, gramma, granny, oma whatever the kid says before PAPAW!) since Kenny was a baby one i could spoil and send home with the noisy toys

just wish the situation with Ashley's parents were different

ok just measured the closet and it is 3 ft deep and 4 ft wide really good size

Ashley called and she is having pains in her side SIGH if it was 2nd trimester i would think round ligament stretching i didn't know what to tell her BUT i tiold her STOP lifting stuff for the move and watch for spotting and if the pain keeps recurring to get to ER or call me and i would take her gah i never had side pains that early has anyone any ideas?? the only thing i could think of was ectopic but maybe it is just hormones???
Sorry, I have no idea. Hope it's just gas or something. She needs to make an appt w/ob-gyn for confirmation and prenatal vits anyway.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #886

Quote:
Deb..that is pretty.....

Deb...my son heard from the second school out of seven, he applied to.....he got accepted! But no mention of scholarship...he said he had to go online to check....

Sue...good point, I will have hubs check that...
congratulations on the acceptance has he thought which one he would like better? is he feeling better this afternoon?

we went ahead and scheduled Steven's early High Achiever orientation at Eastern Ky SIGH kicking myself because i missed the first date of April 20th and it will be May 29th
Old 03-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #887

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Sorry, I have no idea. Hope it's just gas or something. She needs to make an appt w/ob-gyn for confirmation and prenatal vits anyway.
March 20th was the first ob/gyn date she could get she has an appointment with her regular GP Monday i told her any change call me and we would figure something out
Old 03-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #888

His eyes are blood shot, his throat still hurts....but he isn't laying in his bed...,so he is able to do things., ,like push my buttons.

Deb..,,the only school he really wants to go to is USC.....I keep thinking about that strapping huge loan and he does not care.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #889
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Crib Tent

https://www.loklokinc.com/shop/index...id=55&parent=9

I think the makers went out of business ... so this one is like $85 (note I do not know anything about the seller.)
webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #890

oh SUE!

tutorials for all
Shoregirl's Creations: American Girl Doll Fun

i made Ashley's little sisters purses(different pattern) the money, scarves and gloves and they were pleased sigh they are too old for them now trying to remember if i made the wallet hmm??
oh and this is cool ! cut off reg hanger for the AG doll hangers
gah pic from pin teres t won't post but you cut regular plastic hangers just past the 2 dips? and they should be perfect sized
Old 03-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #891

Quote:
His eyes are blood shot, his throat still hurts....but he isn't laying in his bed...,so he is able to do things., ,like push my buttons.

Deb..,,the only school he really wants to go to is USC.....I keep thinking about that strapping huge loan and he does not care.
has he heard from them?? maybe he could get some work study to help pay it?? with his grades SURELY they will give some sort of scholarship??
i hear you on the loans CRAZY
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #892
Senior LCF Member

Clinics

Crazy - some Walgreens also have what's called a Take Care Clinic.
Its kinda like CVS's version. If you look on their site and find location it's an option you can check to see if one is near you. They are usually walking and are often "reasonably" priced as usually its a Nurse Practitioner and they do limited things like flu, cold, strep, etc. If you have insurance they might cover it. Hope you son gets better.

Things he might consider are: tea w/honey (soothes throat), zinc (boost immune), and one thing many don't consider is a netti-pot or nasal rinse. This will rinse the sinuses and lessen the nasal drainage that often causes sore throats (esp at night as one lies down). It's amazing what they can get out (bleh).

Old 03-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #893

Crystal that is the exact one i was looking for!
while i probably wouldn't need it while the baby was ever here i really could use it for keeping the kittehs out in between times kittehs really like a soft comfy enclosed place LOL and already think everything in the house belongs to them LOL
now to come up with the MONEY UGH
Old 03-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #894

AG laptop anyone??

Crafts 4 Dolls: How to make a Doll Computer
Old 03-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #895

Thanks Crystal I will definitely look into that.....at least he is drinking tons of tea...

Deb....nope haven't heard from USC...,, I am so worried about Syracuse.....don't want him to go, to the opposite end of the country....booooo.....but I can't stop it...
Old 03-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #896

Quote:
Crystal that is the exact one i was looking for!
while i probably wouldn't need it while the baby was ever here i really could use it for keeping the kittehs out in between times kittehs really like a soft comfy enclosed place LOL and already think everything in the house belongs to them LOL
now to come up with the MONEY UGH
The best way to keep the cats out is to cut a piece of cardboard just bigger than the top of the crib. Make a lid for it, so to speak. Then cover the entire thing with duct tape, sticky side up. Trust me, they will hate it!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #897

oh gosh when Kenny was little i made one of these for his GI JOEs SIGH i bet i still have it in the GI JOE box
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
The best way to keep the cats out is to cut a piece of cardboard just bigger than the top of the crib. Make a lid for it, so to speak. Then cover the entire thing with duct tape, sticky side up. Trust me, they will hate it!
Squeak weighs 18 pounds think the cardboard would hold if he jumped up there?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #899
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the Welcome everyone. Someone asks about me....
I'm a mom to two kids (boy-15, girl-13 going on 21).
Son has PDD-NOS (rather like Asperger's), gifted, dyslexic, dysgraphic, eats mostly gf and dairy free (occasional cheese).
Daughter is a high maintenance drama Queen, dyslexic. Carb Princess.
Both are ADD and have the attention span of a gnat unless it's something they want to do or are interested in. sigh.
Me. Old, cranky, Carb Queen.
Both the son and I have Hyperinsulinemia and have to watch our carbs. So far I've staved off Diabetes <knock, knock> but haven't really lost a whole bunch of weight. sigh. My son is now starting to pack on the pounds (muscle according to him ) so it's difficult to get him to be compliant so I've decided to crack down and work with him more - get him involved,etc. It is hard due to how he is.

I live in Kansas. In the KC metro area . Pretty much it
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #900

Quote:
Squeak weighs 18 pounds think the cardboard would hold if he jumped up there?
Double layer it. He won't be on it long with the tape.