Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #811
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
That looks really good Chewie. Thank you for posting!! Confession time: I have never had lamb. Maybe mixing it half and half with ground beef would be a good baby step since I'm usually afraid of new things.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning everyone.....

Mona.....I join you. I have never tried lamb. I'm not sure I plan on it at this ripe old age.
Chewie....where do you store all your wonderful sounding recipes???? I hope your hubby and kids appreciate the wonderful cook they have in their kitchen!!!
Crystal......I'm sorry but I don't remember if I welcomed you or not for sure!!!! So may I just say....!!!!!!!!

Good morning to everyone. It's going to be 66 here today!! Spring is coming soon ladies!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I was at Target the other day shopping for baby shower stuff I got myself a present. It was in the clearance section! It's an electric griddle. I used to have one years ago but I think I tossed it when we moved because I didn't have enough counter space. Anyhoop.....DH has decided that he likes thin bacon more than thick bacon (I know, weird...right??) and I can't cook thin bacon in the oven because it burns too fast. And round skillets aren't the correct shape to cook bacon.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #814
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Good morning everyone.....

Mona.....I join you. I have never tried lamb. I'm not sure I plan on it at this ripe old age.
Chewie....where do you store all your wonderful sounding recipes???? I hope your hubby and kids appreciate the wonderful cook they have in their kitchen!!!
Crystal......I'm sorry but I don't remember if I welcomed you or not for sure!!!! So may I just say....!!!!!!!!

Good morning to everyone. It's going to be 66 here today!! Spring is coming soon ladies!!!!!
Sue, I have a file in my em and a folder in my docs. I also print out the ones I'm going to use for the week and put them with my meal plan which I usually write out for the week and post on my cabinet door. I have a few binders that I put the printed recipes in after I hole punch them. The problem with that is that I don't have an index.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
When I was at Target the other day shopping for baby shower stuff I got myself a present. It was in the clearance section! It's an electric griddle. I used to have one years ago but I think I tossed it when we moved because I didn't have enough counter space. Anyhoop.....DH has decided that he likes thin bacon more than thick bacon (I know, weird...right??) and I can't cook thin bacon in the oven because it burns too fast. And round skillets aren't the correct shape to cook bacon.
Awww, you are such a good wife!! I do not have an electric griddle. Always wanted one for making pancakes but don't really have the room for one. Now the kids are past pancakes for the most part. so, I guess I waited long enough. lol
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #816

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Just a quick hello..

Sue.,,,meet you in the office when I come back..

Mona....I am lucky my kid has always hated to miss school...because of the work to make up.....but last night he told me his throat is killing him still...I can't do anything right now cause he is passing on the doctors...hot tea, Motrin etc....congrats on your hub's weight loss...soon you guys will be out dancing!...I am still figuring out my menu LOL.. A lot of last week was a disaster...

Chewie.,,,I hope that boy feels better

Well it's hard to type on this iPad....so let me just say good morning
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That looks really good Chewie. Thank you for posting!! Confession time: I have never had lamb. Maybe mixing it half and half with ground beef would be a good baby step since I'm usually afraid of new things.
I have had it once before a very long time ago (30+ years) and it was delicious, so, at Christmas I bought one that was already packaged in a rosemary type marinade. It was awful! Even my dh who will eat practically anything (growing up poor does that to you) could barely get his piece down. My sister was fixing a leg of lambyesterday in the new crockpot I gave her for Christmas. She fixes it frequently. I shall have to check with her to see how it turned out in a crockpot.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #818

Quote:
Oh I used to have one of these but I gave it to my mil. I have a griddle I can install on my Jennair range top. It also has a grill option too. Love it!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mona, tell the dh we are all happy for him and somewhat envious. Wow, 21 lbs already. Impressive! Are you doing lc with him? Sadly, I went off yesteday at the luncheon and I have a breakfast out today at Bible Study so......I will hop back on tomorrow. Perhaps I will get a couple of weeks under my belt as Spring Break starts next week for us. My kiddos go to school M, T, W next week and then are out until like the 25th or some such.

Your baby shower sounds like it was nice and fun. So glad you got to go to get out somewhere and socialize. I wish I could make it out to Oregon bet it is beautiful.

Oh, my son's high school basketball team advanced yesterday to the semi finals. They are all feeling upbeat about the victory and about the news that the team from Wichita that has won the last 4 years lost yesterday! So, now everyone who is still in it is feeling pretty good about their chances.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #820

Quote:
My dh was talking to the head meat buyer at Sam's the other day. They were talking about the different meats and dh told him he needs to get more lamb products in the store. The guy said there is no demand here. Then dh said he's from the NE and the guy said that explains it, the NE eats a lot of lamb. LOL I guess that's where we learned to like it.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Just a quick hello..

Sue.,,,meet you in the office when I come back..

Mona....I am lucky my kid has always hated to miss school...because of the work to make up.....but last night he told me his throat is killing him still...I can't do anything right now cause he is passing on the doctors...hot tea, Motrin etc....congrats on your hub's weight loss...soon you guys will be out dancing!...I am still figuring out my menu LOL.. A lot of last week was a disaster...

Chewie.,,,I hope that boy feels better

Well it's hard to type on this iPad....so let me just say good morning
Melinda---I hope your ds doens't have strep throat. It is going around here like wild fire. My ds had it a few weeks ago and ds18's friend had it last week.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #822

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Mona, tell the dh we are all happy for him and somewhat envious. Wow, 21 lbs already. Impressive! Are you doing lc with him? Sadly, I went off yesteday at the luncheon and I have a breakfast out today at Bible Study so......I will hop back on tomorrow. Perhaps I will get a couple of weeks under my belt as Spring Break starts next week for us. My kiddos go to school M, T, W next week and then are out until like the 25th or some such.

Your baby shower sounds like it was nice and fun. So glad you got to go to get out somewhere and socialize. I wish I could make it out to Oregon bet it is beautiful.

Oh, my son's high school basketball team advanced yesterday to the semi finals. They are all feeling upbeat about the victory and about the news that the team from Wichita that has won the last 4 years lost yesterday! So, now everyone who is still in it is feeling pretty good about their chances.
That's so exciting. Congrats!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post

Congrats KCMAMMA!!! The boy's here lost by 20 points.. but the girl's won the the whole enchilada!! now they are both going to the state championships....Good luck to your team...

I moved to the desk top...rather than the Ipad....
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #824

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Melinda---I hope your ds doens't have strep throat. It is going around here like wild fire. My ds had it a few weeks ago and ds18's friend had it last week.
I have had Strep 4 times.. and that's why I am trying to get him to go to the doctors.. he told me that in the daytime, it's not so bad.. but at night.. it gets worse...isn't that the truth when your sick.. how it gets horrible at night..
Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I started off with the best intentions of doing strict LC with DH but I was having a hard time sticking with it. Then I went up about 4 pounds which was discouraging. Then I sort of lost steam because I knew this baby shower was coming up...AND I had hormones to boot. (I have lots of excuses!) But I am making a fresh start of it today!!

Just got my country ribs spiced up with some LC dry rub I had in the spice cabinet (just some spices I put together and some SF brown sugar). Got those cooking low and slow in the oven.

KCMama congrats to your son's basketball team.

I wish I still had that brand new George Foreman grill I gave away to Goodwill a few years ago. Didn't have the counter space, but now I do. I miss my tiny little GF grill I had. Was so great for cooking those flat, frozen chicken breasts right out of the freezer.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #826
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I shall officially say Good Morning to everyone!

It is another gorgeous, chilly, dry day although it is supposed to be a bit warmer today. Maybe 50s? My neighbor told me that by the end of next week it could get up into the 70s!!!! I hope I am able to make myself get out and walk at least!!!

Oh, the Panna Cotta recipe I made yesterday was a winner. So, if you are on lc and craving a dessert I would suggest/recommend it. I shared one with dh last night and he loooooooved it. Said it reminded him of an "Esponja". I don't know whether to be happy he and oldest liked it or sad because now I shall have to share.......
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #827
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have had Strep 4 times.. and that's why I am trying to get him to go to the doctors.. he told me that in the daytime, it's not so bad.. but at night.. it gets worse...isn't that the truth when your sick.. how it gets horrible at night..
I had strep throat quite a bit when I was younger and it was worse at night...I would get the chills really bad too. Might not be a bad idea to have your son tested. They can do a rapid test kit that only takes a few minutes.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #828

So for my menu on Sunday.. I am looking and still deciding...but I am definitely going to make my salads...usual, marinated, fruit, the pasta one again for hubs...move veggies than a tiny bit of pasta.. and I know Sue and I seem to be only ones who love Brussels Sprouts...but I found a new recipe to make using them in a salad...I am going to make a nice cookie sheet full of roasted veggies...with a couple of new red potatoes...just 3 small ones.. that's it and the rest veggies.. carrots, I am definitely sprinkling some shallots in there...I wouldn't mind adding some cauliflower.. I will have to see what's on sale..and then a recipe for Baked Spaghetti for my son...off of that website Chewie posted.. the meat recipe I posted here... and the country fried hamburger patties.. I am not using a lot of flour, just a tiny dusting...and I am thinking of making Sue's sausage balls too...and then I am also thinking of making an almond flour dessert..I find when I work with jelly or jam.. it makes a nice dessert because it caramelizes.. does that make sense??? like making a dough out of the almond flour and spreading the sugar free jam on top with maybe a few nuts and baking it...I did that once before and hubs fell over himself when he tasted it. I just have to find the recipe in my folder...so but then I may see something shopping and add that to my dinner..
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well I started off with the best intentions of doing strict LC with DH but I was having a hard time sticking with it. Then I went up about 4 pounds which was discouraging. Then I sort of lost steam because I knew this baby shower was coming up...AND I had hormones to boot. (I have lots of excuses!) But I am making a fresh start of it today!!

Just got my country ribs spiced up with some LC dry rub I had in the spice cabinet (just some spices I put together and some SF brown sugar). Got those cooking low and slow in the oven.

KCMama congrats to your son's basketball team.

I wish I still had that brand new George Foreman grill I gave away to Goodwill a few years ago. Didn't have the counter space, but now I do. I miss my tiny little GF grill I had. Was so great for cooking those flat, frozen chicken breasts right out of the freezer.

Yay, Mona! So, I am considering finally keeping a food journal. I am having trouble losing on lc and wondering if perhaps I am taking in too many calories. Thinking I am carrying that "eat as much as you need to avoid hunger pangs" in the beginning into permanent mode.

I have a George Forman grill. Hmmmm, you can put the chicken breasts on frozen?! Did you season them or anything before cooking? How long would you say it would take to cook them on that grill from frozen?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #830

He should be getting up soon...the good thing is he isn't like me.. he will go see the doctor, I wanted to take him Monday.. and when I called the attendance office on Tues.. the lady was telling me, that there has been nearly everybody who is getting this flu..
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So the sort of breasts I mean are the flat, frozen ones you buy in a big bag from Sams or Costco. They have to be sort of on the flat side. I would take them out frozen and rub a tiny bit of olive oil on them just so the spices would stick (and it also helps them brown I think) and then spice up however you like. Then I would grill them for exactly 10 minutes. Came out perfect every time!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #832

Mona...I hear you...I started off with good intentions...as well...got down on my way...and then boom bang bong.. and add the PMS and everything else..now I can't lose it so quick..with my 6 pound gain...and I am not even looking forward to the scale later today..

By the way.. hubs and I are planning to go out and do something.. then he tells me yesterday morning, we maybe meeting one of his co workers there as well.. so I told him, then you go with the co worker I will do something else.. I don't want to go out and do something and meet a co worker...it just rubbed me the wrong way....when we are away from work we don't need to be with those people.. they aren't his friends...trust me.. hubs has worked there for almost 18 years.. when they need someone to work a shift.. they call trusty old hubs...who does it.. but if he drops a piece of paper, they throw him under a bus..so you know what work is work and play time is play time.. and it pissed me off and as you can tell I still am pissed off..
Old 03-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Congrats KCMAMMA!!! The boy's here lost by 20 points.. but the girl's won the the whole enchilada!! now they are both going to the state championships....Good luck to your team...

I moved to the desk top...rather than the Ipad....
That Girls' team of yours is on a hot winning streak. Good for them! Where do they play the state games in Calif? Will your son go to that game?

I sure hope your son feels better soon. Do you have CVS quick minute clinics there? Would he agree to go to a walk in clinic vs the doctor? Or does your insurance pay better for doctor than a clinic?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So the sort of breasts I mean are the flat, frozen ones you buy in a big bag from Sams or Costco. They have to be sort of on the flat side. I would take them out frozen and rub a tiny bit of olive oil on them just so the spices would stick (and it also helps them brown I think) and then spice up however you like. Then I would grill them for exactly 10 minutes. Came out perfect every time!
Thanks, Mona! Yeah, I know which ones you are talking about. I like them because they are flattened, evened out to cook up evenly timewise. Thanks for the tip. These would be nice to cook up a bunch and put in the fridge to pull out for quick meals.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #835

You know that is a good question...on both...I think they are allowed to bring so many band members.. and since my son is at the top of his crap list.. I am not sure....cause my son had it out with that band teacher last week.. I mean he tore off his drum harness and threw it to the ground and they had it out.. so but I need to ask...I am waiting for him to come out of the shower.. the good thing about him is, that he will go to the doctor.... I had no idea that CVS had a quick minute clinic.. I need to check into that...
Old 03-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They work out great for a quick chicken ceasar salad. Just slice up a breast or a half breast and lay it over your salad (even good when the meat is still warm) and them shave some real parm. cheese over the top. Yum! Real food in 10 mins.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #837

I will speak to you ladies later....gotta put a bra and dress on.. cause I am hitting my ground beef sale today...its going to rain today...
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Mona...I hear you...I started off with good intentions...as well...got down on my way...and then boom bang bong.. and add the PMS and everything else..now I can't lose it so quick..with my 6 pound gain...and I am not even looking forward to the scale later today..

By the way.. hubs and I are planning to go out and do something.. then he tells me yesterday morning, we maybe meeting one of his co workers there as well.. so I told him, then you go with the co worker I will do something else.. I don't want to go out and do something and meet a co worker...it just rubbed me the wrong way....when we are away from work we don't need to be with those people.. they aren't his friends...trust me.. hubs has worked there for almost 18 years.. when they need someone to work a shift.. they call trusty old hubs...who does it.. but if he drops a piece of paper, they throw him under a bus..so you know what work is work and play time is play time.. and it pissed me off and as you can tell I still am pissed off..
Well, I can see how that could be disappointing/maddening if your spouse invites you out and initially presents it as a date night for the two of you and then informs you that you will be meeting up with one or more of his coworkers! Present it that way to begin with if he wants to meet up with coworkers with you.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #839
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You know that is a good question...on both...I think they are allowed to bring so many band members.. and since my son is at the top of his crap list.. I am not sure....cause my son had it out with that band teacher last week.. I mean he tore off his drum harness and threw it to the ground and they had it out.. so but I need to ask...I am waiting for him to come out of the shower.. the good thing about him is, that he will go to the doctor.... I had no idea that CVS had a quick minute clinic.. I need to check into that...
Melinda, not all of the CVS stores do. Only certain ones.

Ok, my friends, I am heading out to Bible Study and then a stop at JoAnnes for bias tape and elastic. When I get home I am going to force myself to do some sewing!!!! Have a great low carb day!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony, how far are you from Cheyenne? My oldest went to a concert last night. A guy from Texas, country singer, name of Aaron Watson from Amarillo. She said he was really really good. He will be in Cheyenne on March 14 at the Outlaw Saloon, door opens at 7:00, opener at 8:00, he is at 10:00. Tickets are 10$. Here my daughter says it was 10$ online and 15$ at the door. She also really loved his fiddler! Will Mike be in town then?

He will be in Stillwater on April 12, Sue. How far is that for you?

Check out AaronWatson.

Ok, seriously, I am off.