Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Thank you so much for the prayers ladies!!!!

The doctors dialated her eyes and they said she has a strong optic nerve. Since she has had it since birth they think it will gradually subside. She is going for 3 month check ups for a while.

The doctor said if she had suddenly started doing it then they would be doing the MRI's and CAT scans.

Such a huge weight off my shoulders!
Yay!!!!!!So nice to get good news isn't it? Anymore whenever the phone rings I always say a prayer first if my kiddos aren't at home. So happy for all of you!

Oh, that was a neat pic of the frozen puddle waves!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Betty was right!!!

So I told hubs about my no loss. He says yes but you say yourself how much more energy you have and how much better you are feeling. He is right. I'm just going to hang in there. I do wonder if being the wonderful old age that I am if I may have to cut back and watch the calories a little closer. Time will tell.
Melinda.....I think I will head on into the office.

Everyone in the line of snow and bad weather stay safe!!
So you have a NSV to report today instead! Congrats!! Stick with your plan and it will come off. BTW, you going to work for Blue Bell again this year? If so, when would you start?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #693
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Grief! I am talking to myself again, apparently! LOL

It looks like a beautiful sunny and cold day here. We missed out on the storms. It was very cold and windy here yesterday but no precip. Lucky, did you all get snow?

I talked with my sister yesterday. They are leaving Houston on Friday and driving to Breckenridge. She is really worried because they don't have some kind of drive (4WD, AWD?) on her Infinity SUV and her friend's house is way up a mountain. Apparently they got more snow and are expecting more snow. Her dh and boys are excited about all the snow for skiing but she is worried about not being able to get up the mountain. They may have to park at the base in town and friends will have to come and get them. Shuttle service so to speak. LOL

She also told me that she was talking with my dad and he told her that my mom fell the other night. So I called her last night while waiting for my daughter outside of her dance studio. Her fall happened as she decided to take off her leg wraps for her lymphadema while in the bathroom instead of sitting down on her bed. The wrap is sort of sticky and was stuck on her pants leg so she also tried to take those off and in pulling somehow lost her balance and fell into the bathtub!She says she kept calling for my BIL to come and help but the couldn't hear her. She hit her head on the wall but not too badly, PTL. She finally managed to get herself turned around enough to get on her knees to push herself up. Her knees are badly bruised and swollen. She sounded good and it could have been so much worse. I wish she would have gone to the doctor but she didn't. I am hoping she didn't damage something that hasn't shown up yet.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #695

Awww Kcmama I am sorry about your mom. That is just awful. Prayers for a speedy recovery!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #696

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Hey girls, having some anger issues today from the DH's job.

I walked 4 miles and then blew it by eating a bag of microwave popcorn.

Now we wait for news about Miss. Carol.
Sorry about the job issues. Good job on the walking even with the silly popcorn!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #697

Quote:
Lony....I just want to sit here and cry for your baby Carol. I pray they are wrong and all will be ok. Listen, if pop corn is the worse thing you could come up with you are doing ok.
I hope all is ok with your hubby's job.

Chewie....What ages are your boys? You may have said but I was reading so fast since I haven't been on today that I could have missed that part.
We do have a nice zoo for sure. The aquarium is on the south end of town around Jenks. Jenks is a neat little town if you are into antiques! They have a neat little down town. Jenks has the River walk area that has shopping and eats. I have never been there. They have the Melting Pot which I understand is a really neat place to eat. It's a fondue place. It's not real cheap but a fun and good place to go they say.
There is Incredible pizza that older kids love. They have games and fun things like that. We do have a couple of nice museums but I doubt that kids would be to excited about that! Other than that I really can't think of anything else. If they are into malls the Woodland Hills down south off of 169 on 71st is the place to go. There are a ton of places to stay and lots of eating places down in that area. 169 will also take you right on around to the exit for the aquarium. I don't know if there is ball base started up by then or not. We have a great base ball field by down town Tulsa. Lots of eating places down there also.

Ok.....I weighted this morning and was expecting a good loss because I have been really really good!!! I didn't lose a pound!! I'll wait a day or two and weigh again to see it I drop some.

It's time for supper and I need to get busy. I am SO hungry. Nothing but a shake and an apple for lunch!!!!!
My boys are 14 and 18. Thanks for the info. I think we'll do the zoo and the aquarium and I've always wanted to go to the melting pot. They love places like Incredible pizza but I better bring my kindle---I don't do video games. LOL
Old 03-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #698

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
oh WOW i am soo happy about your eyes Linda! and i want to thank you fro when you used to deliver meals on wheels

man there is something brewing up out there! the wind is XRAZY! i swear it sounds like the roof is going to come off and the electric keeps blinking i got my cell and kindle chargesd and have my maglight right next to me

LOL putting on BOOGIE WONDERLAND gets the dishes done! i gotta find a good CD player to put in the kitchen wish the radio reception was better here
I have one of those under the counter radio/CD players in my kitchen. I use it everyday when I'm cooking. Love it.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #699

Good morning. Happy Hump day.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #700

Quote:
Thank you so much for the prayers ladies!!!!

The doctors dialated her eyes and they said she has a strong optic nerve. Since she has had it since birth they think it will gradually subside. She is going for 3 month check ups for a while.

The doctor said if she had suddenly started doing it then they would be doing the MRI's and CAT scans.

Such a huge weight off my shoulders!
Th at is aweomse news!!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #701

Quote:
Wonderful news Lony!!!!!!! Time for a little happy dance for baby Carol and a great big PTL for answering prayers!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
So you have a NSV to report today instead! Congrats!! Stick with your plan and it will come off. BTW, you going to work for Blue Bell again this year? If so, when would you start?
Thanks for reminding me abou Blue bell. Sue, it said you have to call to set up a tour. Can a tour be done with only 3 or 4 people?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #703

KC--sending healing prayers for your mom. Wow, that's scary.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #704

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
So, you have mentioned her and the trial 2 or 3 times. What is she on trial for? Haven't heard anything about her over here.
She stabbed her boyfriend 29 times..,.slit his neck from ear to ear....almost decapitating him.....and put a bullet in his head.....she is claiming self defense.....she is very pretty.....articulate.....hope the jury finds her guilty unlike other court cases.....I think she did it cause he was going to take another women to Mexico....she has accused this man of horrible things.....but it's not adding up....I hope she gets the death penalty....what an evil women....and it's amazing how she can say anything to get out of the responsibility of what she did....I watch all those real life murder shows......this boils down to a women scorned..this guy's family is in court day in and day out..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #705
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Happy news, Lony...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #706

I will be back in awhile just wanted to say good morning.....looks like we are going to school today..
Old 03-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #707

WooHooooo Sunny and 48 today! I better enjoy it because it is going to start snowing again tomorrow night.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #708

Kcmama.. Sending well wishes to your mom...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #709

Lonykins Good Morning I see you have tanning weather!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #710

Quote:
Ugh, the cream center. I can't eat them. It is like sugar coma for me!
I just love to eat only one...as a once a year treat....Though I don't celebrate Easter.. my mother used to buy us all a chocolate bunny... solid. no hollow.. and malted milk balls...I know it's a very important religious holiday....so I don't know maybe it's my pay homage to my mother type of thing....
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I just love to eat only one...as a once a year treat....Though I don't celebrate Easter.. my mother used to buy us all a chocolate bunny... solid. no hollow.. and malted milk balls...I know it's a very important religious holiday....so I don't know maybe it's my pay homage to my mother type of thing....
Aww I think that is so sweet!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #712

Quote:
Lonykins Good Morning I see you have tanning weather!!!
Well, not quite. The gym has tanning though so I will be bronzed in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #713

Crystal.. it is nice to meet you.. and I appreciate very much the information...I went to the store last week and did buy Magnesium......it's just really hard to get my husband to try and do anything like this...the good thing is that the doctor's office said it was ok to try....I was just afraid of the medicine interaction...but I am going to definitely put your information, with Lynn's.... I don't see much of my hubs..Mon to Thurs...but I will ask on Thurs how it's going...but I think he has been A ok with since I told him not to use the Aspartame...I mean he has always had them.. just not multiple ones in a day...as I said I really really really appreciate your help a bunch..
Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #714

Quote:
Aww I think that is so sweet!
When I see Easter candy...it makes me so sad man....but I do have to admit I am one sick chick who loves that original egg LOL!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from taking dh to work. Decided to take the plunge and make up the Panna Cotta recipe. Sadly, I had no unflavored gelatin. So, I decided to throw caution to the wind and use sugar free jello instead. I used the Peach flavor and omitted the Splenda the recipe called for. It tastes yummy! I have it in ramekins and glasses and hopefully it will set up. If not, it will be a good drink! I am not taking it to the luncheon today. I am keeping it for me at home (I may share with the dh). I baked a Coconut Tart last night for the dessert I need to take today.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #716

NO NON SCALE VICTORY!!!! the Scale is going back up up up... I ate all the wrong things last night...OMG....but today is a new day... my child is going back to school...so I can take my Aleve and walk...and stop eating..

I think for the first time.. a bill payment arrived late....there is nothing I can do about it....it hasn't cleared the bank yet.. I mailed it Saturday.. usually gets there in 2 days...that's why I figured by Monday, it would be sitting in the mailbox and it would be early enough that it would get processed for today...this is going to be a credit screwer...ugh!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #717

Quote:
Back from taking dh to work. Decided to take the plunge and make up the Panna Cotta recipe. Sadly, I had no unflavored gelatin. So, I decided to throw caution to the wind and use sugar free jello instead. I used the Peach flavor and omitted the Splenda the recipe called for. It tastes yummy! I have it in ramekins and glasses and hopefully it will set up. If not, it will be a good drink! I am not taking it to the luncheon today. I am keeping it for me at home (I may share with the dh). I baked a Coconut Tart last night for the dessert I need to take today.
OMG the Coconut Tart sounds so good..
Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #718

ok we are going to school.. he is hacking away.. but he doesn't want to miss anymore school he says.. gotta love that LOL!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
My boys are 14 and 18. Thanks for the info. I think we'll do the zoo and the aquarium and I've always wanted to go to the melting pot. They love places like Incredible pizza but I better bring my kindle---I don't do video games. LOL
I think you all will like the Melting Pot. It is fun. My girls and I did it this past summer. There is one downtown KC on the Plaza. Who doesn't like to play with food? Don't forget the charger for your Kindle!!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG the Coconut Tart sounds so good..
Well, my dh and I liked it. It was a recipe that I had to translate from metric to US measurements. I am not sure exactly how it is supposed to taste or the texture but it looked pretty close to the photo and we liked it so I am stopping there. LOL It is neat because it kind of makes its own crust. Since I don't do pie dough I thought that was a really nice feature!

Hope sonny boy does ok at school. Mine will be leaving school early to ride the Spirit Bus to Wichita to cheer on his high school basketball team.