Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie, you know how they say there are certain things that happen that you still think about and it's just as funny or sad or whatever.. well that one always cracks me up.. and she wouldn't believe it either.. my hubs was pleading with her telling her it's true it's true we both saw it...

Hubs loves room service, when he goes to Vegas..I mean more than anything there, that is his favorite luxurious thing.. so we stay at this hotel, cause everything was booked up.. and it was a Country and Western Music hotel...it's still there with a name change though..it's now called the Silverton..beginning of the strip.. filled with country and western music.. which should have been our first hint.. anyway so we go to the room.. and he orders room service.. I am expecting the whole 9 yards.. them wheeling in the big table with the silver covers... he is all ready.. we just drove the 4 and a half hours.. knock knock knock...I have already ripped my clothes off.. cause I hate clothes.. but anyway he goes answers the door.. and then I heard oh thank you very much.. I am thinking, what??? no table with the silver covers...maybe he is wheeling it in himself...you know we need the whole routine, where the guy takes the covers off and shows you and gives you the miniature catsup or hotsauce or whatever.. well here walks my husband back with a brown paper bag with handles...I swear to you I laughed so hard that I heard something like pop in my head.. OMG the look on my hub's face was priceless.. oh goodness to this day we always reminisce about that... and we have never stayed there again and my hubs will curse that hotel when we drive by it LOLOL..
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #572
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. It's gray here and drizzly.

My prayer meeting got canceled for today. That's ok cause I wanted to leave early and go to my fav thrift store. I broke one of the 2 wine glasses I have left. Our parents both drink some wine on Sundays so I need some glasses. One is not going to work. Hopefully I can get 2 or more.
Dollar Store..if you have one near you..always has wine glasses..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #573

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I tell you Lony.. when I think about that.. I can rile myself up to laughing as hard as back then...

Then oh get this...when he proposed to me.. he got down on one knee in Beverly hills cause he was taking me to a play there...and I said OMG cause I can't handle that.. I am not one those women, who like to stand out and people see...so he proposes, gets on his knee.. says he loves me, couldn't imagine spending his life without me.. I am so beautiful.. I was dying cause people were clapping.. and I said OMG get up off your knees and I called him the wrong name, not once, not twice, but 3 times.. and none of the names made sense.. OMG I am telling you I laughed for 4 hours straight, while we were driving to the theater.. people were looking at me like I lost my mind.. in the theater...at the valet to get the car....on the way home, when I opened my door.. in bed before I went to sleep...OMG
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #574
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good morning....,

Ugh....my kid got horrible last night....I am hoping its the get worse and wake up better thing that happens sometimes ....I hear him coughing now....but he doesn't want to stay home today...seniors start later.....boy he must be tired of Gatorade and soup,,,

Then I had pepperoni and pickle.....couple handfuls of popcorn and a couple of lemon ookies. Dumb TOM and willpower...

So I will be back later to read the posts
When I had the flu (I am assuming that's what it was)...I coughed for two weeks and felt like SUCH a load of crap, Melinda...DBF made me chicken soup and then beef barley soup...I am sure it helped...the cough was unbelievable...my daughter was sick much less time with it...so, maybe youth is on his side..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #575

Quote:
I tell you Lony.. when I think about that.. I can rile myself up to laughing as hard as back then...

Then oh get this...when he proposed to me.. he got down on one knee in Beverly hills cause he was taking me to a play there...and I said OMG cause I can't handle that.. I am not one those women, who like to stand out and people see...so he proposes, gets on his knee.. says he loves me, couldn't imagine spending his life without me.. I am so beautiful.. I was dying cause people were clapping.. and I said OMG get up off your knees and I called him the wrong name, not once, not twice, but 3 times.. and none of the names made sense.. OMG I am telling you I laughed for 4 hours straight, while we were driving to the theater.. people were looking at me like I lost my mind.. in the theater...at the valet to get the car....on the way home, when I opened my door.. in bed before I went to sleep...OMG
Awwwwww that is so sweet, wrong name and all!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #576

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Every day starts with coffee in this house!
Yes, in my house too.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #577

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Dollar Store..if you have one near you..always has wine glasses..
Oh, I had not thought of that. Great idea, thanks.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #578

Melinda---hope your ds feels better soon. Coughs are so hard because they don't allow you to get the rest you need to get better.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #579
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Chewie, you know how they say there are certain things that happen that you still think about and it's just as funny or sad or whatever.. well that one always cracks me up.. and she wouldn't believe it either.. my hubs was pleading with her telling her it's true it's true we both saw it...

Hubs loves room service, when he goes to Vegas..I mean more than anything there, that is his favorite luxurious thing.. so we stay at this hotel, cause everything was booked up.. and it was a Country and Western Music hotel...it's still there with a name change though..it's now called the Silverton..beginning of the strip.. filled with country and western music.. which should have been our first hint.. anyway so we go to the room.. and he orders room service.. I am expecting the whole 9 yards.. them wheeling in the big table with the silver covers... he is all ready.. we just drove the 4 and a half hours.. knock knock knock...I have already ripped my clothes off.. cause I hate clothes.. but anyway he goes answers the door.. and then I heard oh thank you very much.. I am thinking, what??? no table with the silver covers...maybe he is wheeling it in himself...you know we need the whole routine, where the guy takes the covers off and shows you and gives you the miniature catsup or hotsauce or whatever.. well here walks my husband back with a brown paper bag with handles...I swear to you I laughed so hard that I heard something like pop in my head.. OMG the look on my hub's face was priceless.. oh goodness to this day we always reminisce about that... and we have never stayed there again and my hubs will curse that hotel when we drive by it LOLOL..
LOL...that is funny...the last time I was in Vegas with the damn flu...it was the first time EVER I ordered room service..I contacted my "guy" there and please send up toast and orange juice cause I am about to die..lol...got the whole nine yards..carafe of orange juice in a bucket of ice...warm toast wrapped in a white napkin that had been in a warmer under the table and then he took it out when he wheeled it in...two little "jars" of jam..two round pats of butter...it saved my life actually...I was thinking..this room service thing is kinda nice...

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #580

Girls, I need to ask for a few prayers and happy glitter today.

Little Carol has an appointment at children's hospital. Her eyes shake really bad and she can't track anything. There is a chance that she could be blind. Just some good mojo out into the universe for her would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #581
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Have you gotten his name right yet...

Occasionally, I call DBF by my husband's name..not lately thank goodness..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #582

Quote:
When I had the flu (I am assuming that's what it was)...I coughed for two weeks and felt like SUCH a load of crap, Melinda...DBF made me chicken soup and then beef barley soup...I am sure it helped...the cough was unbelievable...my daughter was sick much less time with it...so, maybe youth is on his side..
That cough lasts for weeks.. but the young ones bounce back...he just said after he drank the tea.. he felt better... maybe because his mother made it!!!! I think it's the cough that makes it even the more miserable.. you have to forever keep popping some kind of aspirin, as the chest gets so sore.. and the stomach as well.. Lynn I hope your feeling better..

Oh I love beef barley soup OMG...yummmo!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #583
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Girls, I need to ask for a few prayers and happy glitter today.

Little Carol has an appointment at children's hospital. Her eyes shake really bad and she can't track anything. There is a chance that she could be blind. Just some good mojo out into the universe for her would be greatly appreciated.
Oh dear, Lony...will pray for her.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #584

Thank you so much Lynn.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #585

Quote:
LOL...that is funny...the last time I was in Vegas with the damn flu...it was the first time EVER I ordered room service..I contacted my "guy" there and please send up toast and orange juice cause I am about to die..lol...got the whole nine yards..carafe of orange juice in a bucket of ice...warm toast wrapped in a white napkin that had been in a warmer under the table and then he took it out when he wheeled it in...two little "jars" of jam..two round pats of butter...it saved my life actually...I was thinking..this room service thing is kinda nice...
WOW look at you!!!! that place stink when your sick.. cause I get a runny nose sometimes up there.. but who cares..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #586
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That cough lasts for weeks.. but the young ones bounce back...he just said after he drank the tea.. he felt better... maybe because his mother made it!!!! I think it's the cough that makes it even the more miserable.. you have to forever keep popping some kind of aspirin, as the chest gets so sore.. and the stomach as well.. Lynn I hope your feeling better..

Oh I love beef barley soup OMG...yummmo!!!
That was the thing that killed me..on the way home from the airport I got a coughing fit..and had no water....by the time I got home my stomach felt like it was being ripped apart...so, for the next week...if I felt a cough coming on in bed..which was often..I had to jump up..well..try to jump up..and pull my knees to by chest or I about died.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #587

Quote:
Have you gotten his name right yet...

Occasionally, I call DBF by my husband's name..not lately thank goodness..
I call my son and my hubs by my hub's name...I don't feel like thinking and hubs was here first.. LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #588

Lony you know I am sending massive prayers and good wishes...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #589

Quote:
That was the thing that killed me..on the way home from the airport I got a coughing fit..and had no water....by the time I got home my stomach felt like it was being ripped apart...so, for the next week...if I felt a cough coming on in bed..which was often..I had to jump up..well..try to jump up..and pull my knees to by chest or I about died.
I learned from experience, if I am going to be coughing, I head for the aspirin....cause I bruised my ribs and had to go to urgent care.. cause I couldn't handle the pain..I don't even want to imagine some poor person with broken ribs..that coughing is the worst.. it batters the body I swear..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #590
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
WOW look at you!!!! that place stink when your sick.. cause I get a runny nose sometimes up there.. but who cares..
I normally always feel better there...could be cause I am not paying attention to myself...not this time...I stayed in the room for two days...with the blinds drawn...that is UNHEARD of... DBF always get dry lips...being the desert and all I guess.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Lony, I will certainly be praying for Baby Carol, her parents, and her loving grandparents.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #592

Ok I gotta go recipe search..and today my food ads come out.. only a fat fatty fatterson would be happy about that!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #593
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Is the Silverton the one with the gigantic fish tank?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #594
Big Yapper!!!!

I think..and Melinda might know better than I...that they have made huge improvements in the LA Zoo...I have never been there.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #595

I get the dry lips too and really really really thirsty.. I am not a drinker.. if I do drink it's usually a virgin bloody mary.. but boy I down a ton of tea up there...

I am not sure.. my husband was livid the entire weekend and to this day years later.. he hates that place.. but it's right next door to a RV selller...if your coming in from Los Angeles.. it is just before the strip...on the left side..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #596

Quote:
I think..and Melinda might know better than I...that they have made huge improvements in the LA Zoo...I have never been there.
You know us here...we go down to San Diego.....but I don't like zoos.. it has too many bees flying around...

Ok I am wanted for tea duty..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

Just to hopefully ease your mind a bit, Lony..eye rolling in infants is not uncommon...especially if there are no other symptoms. Good that there is a Children's Hospital there to have it checked out.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #598

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Lony, I will certainly be praying for Baby Carol, her parents, and her loving grandparents.
Thank you Lucky!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #599
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I get the dry lips too and really really really thirsty.. I am not a drinker.. if I do drink it's usually a virgin bloody mary.. but boy I down a ton of tea up there...

I am not sure.. my husband was livid the entire weekend and to this day years later.. he hates that place.. but it's right next door to a RV selller...if your coming in from Los Angeles.. it is just before the strip...on the left side..
I just googled it...yep..it's the one with the giant fish tank.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #600

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Hi everyone...
Melinda and Chewie....both of the recipes look yummy!!
Lynn....don't forget that they are shooting up the cows
with growth hormones and other goodies. It would be nice
to be able to buy beef from a local farmer that you know who
doesn't do that. When I was growing up my folks used to get
a half side of beef from a local guy. It was such good meat!

Melinda.....I was reading on leg cramps. I'll send you something they
had to say about diabetics trying for the pain.

The lady finished my bear made from my mama's little jacket. She sent me this picture. I cried of course. The heart picture was the last picture we took of her on the day my sis and I took her out for lunch a month before she passed. Of course she had her little jacket on. The lady also used her pocket to make a place I can put her glasses. I am just so pleased with the little bear. She is 15 inches tall. I have my daddy's brown swede sweater I have kept in my hope chest for the past 30 yrs. I still get it out every once in awhile if I feel like I need a hug from him. I plan on having her make a bear out of it also. Here is a picture of my little sweet bear.

oh Sue that is beautiful!!

the meat we got Friday is locally grown field raised
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote