LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi everyone...
Melinda and Chewie....both of the recipes look yummy!!
Lynn....don't forget that they are shooting up the cows
with growth hormones and other goodies. It would be nice
to be able to buy beef from a local farmer that you know who
doesn't do that. When I was growing up my folks used to get
a half side of beef from a local guy. It was such good meat!

Melinda.....I was reading on leg cramps. I'll send you something they
had to say about diabetics trying for the pain.

The lady finished my bear made from my mama's little jacket. She sent me this picture. I cried of course. The heart picture was the last picture we took of her on the day my sis and I took her out for lunch a month before she passed. Of course she had her little jacket on. The lady also used her pocket to make a place I can put her glasses. I am just so pleased with the little bear. She is 15 inches tall. I have my daddy's brown swede sweater I have kept in my hope chest for the past 30 yrs. I still get it out every once in awhile if I feel like I need a hug from him. I plan on having her make a bear out of it also. Here is a picture of my little sweet bear.

Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #542
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Sue - this is such a wonderful gift to yourself...........oh my - wish I had done something like this when my Mom passed.........just beautiful. Thanks for putting up the picture. Such memories....

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #543
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Sue, ,that bear is so beautiful.....it literally made me cry....just wow...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 AM   #544

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning and Happy Tuesday. So sleepy!

Chewie, congratulations on the 52 lbs lost! You must be so proud!

Sue, I saw the bear on Fb. A wonderful way to have something from your Mom with you always.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Morning all.....just a quick hi. I have 2 little ones on their way to Nana's.
Have a wonderful day.
Morning Eliza! Have a great day at school!
Chewie.....I think I forgot to say WTG!!!!!!! 52 pounds is wonderful! Now to just get you
to feeling better!!!!!
It was 73 here yesterday and today it is COLD and windy!!!!

Hi to all!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #546

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. It's gray here and drizzly.

My prayer meeting got canceled for today. That's ok cause I wanted to leave early and go to my fav thrift store. I broke one of the 2 wine glasses I have left. Our parents both drink some wine on Sundays so I need some glasses. One is not going to work. Hopefully I can get 2 or more.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good Morning!!

It is a pretty but chilly morning here. I have not even looked at my calendar today to see what is on tap for the day. I should probably do that soon.

I have managed to be good on lc for two whole days. Yay! If I can continue to rein myself in today, then it will be 3 days. Tomorrow and Thurs will most definitely be problem days for me though. Tomorrow I have a luncheon and it is my table's turn to provide the food. Our table voted on Italian. I am making a Pasta Alfredo and I have to take a dessert as well. I think one or perhaps two women will also bring salads in addition to their pasta dish. I am considering doing a lc dessert that way I can eat salad and dessert maybe and not ruin what I have done so far. What do you think? Think it would be ok to take something made with Splenda? I would like to take something creamy, cuz that is what I am wanting right now! Any ideas besides Panna Cotta maybe?

Then Thurs I have a breakfast and I know that will be hard to stay on plan with. As a society pretty much everything we do revolves around food. Ugh.

Chewie, I don't know if I have posted since you posted your most recent loss but congrats! Seems to me that you shouldn't have any trouble making your 6 month weight loss goal if you continue following the eating plan. Good luck!

Linda, wow, seems to me like the dh would be number one suspect! So sad to hear this about the missing woman. How old was she? I hear ya on the food/weight issue. I am trying to get in a good mindset to lose weight/stay on plan/exercise but it is really hard. As I posted above, I am on day 3 of this go round.Don't know if I will ever get to my goal! I keep sabotaging myself.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
You know Chewie - I have wondered how you do this too. I give you credit though - cause I know I could not - nor would I do all that cooking when I can't eat nor enjoy it. This is the time you need to be thinking of yourself first. Aren't you feeling like they could make a few concessions too while you are going through this life-changing time? You are way stronger than I, and I know you will figure it out. You've done so well these past 3 months. Congratulations - you deserve it.

Linda
Thanks. I do it for my boys. They are both trying to lose some weight and doing lc now. Maybe it is too much though as my younger son told me he didn't lose this week. He was probably eating too many carbs although it's lc, you still have to limit it. I think I will reduce the baking and see if that helps.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #549

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sue, that bear is so amazing! What a wonderful idea. I keep thinking that would be a great thing to do especially for a child that has lost a parent. She did a great job.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #551

Kc--what about a cheesecake? They are easy and satisfying--even a small piece.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks. I do it for my boys. They are both trying to lose some weight and doing lc now. Maybe it is too much though as my younger son told me he didn't lose this week. He was probably eating too many carbs although it's lc, you still have to limit it. I think I will reduce the baking and see if that helps.
Reducing the baking will be good for both of you. He will take in less calories and hopefully see loss begin again and you won't be so fatigued from the work involved. A win-win, right? I can see how that lc baking would be helpful when starting lc so you don't feel deprived and stick with the WOE but now that the boys have been on it 2-3 weeks then ideally they shouldn't need those food items, right? If an individual is on strictly lc/atkins then shouldn't their body be burning the fat and they aren't needing as many calories? Has he been eating whether he is hungry or not? Maybe he needs to ask himself if he is hungry or just eating from boredom, etc? Is he open to analyzing his eating patterns? It must be hard for teens cuz when they get together they like to snack or go out to Sonic, Red Robin, etc. Could be all he needs is a simple tweak and he will begin losing again. But it is so hard, don't we all know it?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #553

Sue--we have spring break in 2 weeks. I told younger ds I'd take him somewhere. Thinking about Tulsa, love the zoo and they have new animals opening March 16. I also know there's a nice aquarium there somewhere too. What else is there we can do? We will probably stay only 2 nights or so. Not yet sure. He might bring a buddy too---oh joy, 2 adolescent boys and me!!!! LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines!
Good Morning, Lony? Did you have to hose Fred down before letting him into the house after his outing yesterday?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Reducing the baking will be good for both of you. He will take in less calories and hopefully see loss begin again and you won't be so fatigued from the work involved. A win-win, right? I can see how that lc baking would be helpful when starting lc so you don't feel deprived and stick with the WOE but now that the boys have been on it 2-3 weeks then ideally they shouldn't need those food items, right? If an individual is on strictly lc/atkins then shouldn't their body be burning the fat and they aren't needing as many calories? Has he been eating whether he is hungry or not? Maybe he needs to ask himself if he is hungry or just eating from boredom, etc? Is he open to analyzing his eating patterns? It must be hard for teens cuz when they get together they like to snack or go out to Sonic, Red Robin, etc. Could be all he needs is a simple tweak and he will begin losing again. But it is so hard, don't we all know it?
Last night he told me he was going to limit his portions and we discussed that. I explained how lc works and told him basically I thought he wasn't eating enough during the week and then pigging out on the weekends. That doesn't work.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Sue--we have spring break in 2 weeks. I told younger ds I'd take him somewhere. Thinking about Tulsa, love the zoo and they have new animals opening March 16. I also know there's a nice aquarium there somewhere too. What else is there we can do? We will probably stay only 2 nights or so. Not yet sure. He might bring a buddy too---oh joy, 2 adolescent boys and me!!!! LOL
I am hoping the weather will be nice enough here for us to do the KC Zoo one day as well. We have a new female Polar bear and we want to see the progress on the Penguin house that is supposed to open later this year. The KC Zoo is very big and they have been making tremendous improvements, like the Skyfari. If the weather cooperates is is great exercise, too.

My goodness there are quite a few birds in my backyard. The snow is melting so I think they are all hunting for worms/bugs.....
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #557

Quote:
Good Morning, Lony? Did you have to hose Fred down before letting him into the house after his outing yesterday?
LOL he wasn't that bad. I just wiped off his little feet. He does not like to walk in the mud so he stayed on the snow for most of his adventures.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #558

Good morning....,

Ugh....my kid got horrible last night....I am hoping its the get worse and wake up better thing that happens sometimes ....I hear him coughing now....but he doesn't want to stay home today...seniors start later.....boy he must be tired of Gatorade and soup,,,

Then I had pepperoni and pickle.....couple handfuls of popcorn and a couple of lemon ookies. Dumb TOM and willpower...

So I will be back later to read the posts
Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #559

Quote:
I am hoping the weather will be nice enough here for us to do the KC Zoo one day as well. We have a new female Polar bear and we want to see the progress on the Penguin house that is supposed to open later this year. The KC Zoo is very big and they have been making tremendous improvements, like the Skyfari. If the weather cooperates is is great exercise, too.

My goodness there are quite a few birds in my backyard. The snow is melting so I think they are all hunting for worms/bugs.....
KC--I was thinking of possibly coming to KC but it's a longer drive and since it's just me, I'm not sure. Besides the zoo, what else is there to do with 2 teen boys?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #560

Kcmom..A panna cotta sounds great.. I made one once!!! but a cheese cake is always a show stopper too...it's been warm here.. I have found my 2nd bug.. grrr I am not looking forward to spring or summer.. I hate these 2 times of the year.. and I hate putting the clocks forward... but I tell myself Melinda.. that means it gets darker later and so more time before the bugs come out cause they come out in the dark...

Chewie...I always remember years ago, going to the Los Angeles zoo with hubs.. over 20 years ago.. and there is a crowd of us looking at an animal.. don't remember which one and I glanced over and saw the gorilla.. he wasn't inclosed.. he was outside.. by the way the Los Angeles Zoo is so pathetic.. but anyway this gorilla digs up a wad of grass and threw it at our direction and hit this women.. I thought I was going to pee in my pants from laughing so hard...OMG..hilarious...

Lonykins.. Good Morning my Wyoming Wild women....

I gave my baby the last of the cough syrup and made some hot sugar cookie tea and put it in his Baltimore Ravens (pssst Linda LOL) hot and cold cup.. that his aunt bought him...and he took it to his bedroom.. said he was up all night coughing.. wondering if I should go back to the store for more Gatorade and cough syrup.. at some point to me cough syrup ceases working I swear...I should go up to Walgreens now.. but the work traffic is beginning, so I will wait until 9am... I need stamps anyway.. so I will walk back into the store I was yesterday!! again!!! it's better I go to Walmart...but it's too late for that mad house.. and they have nuts on sale for hubs... wouldn't want to forget his nuts...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #561

Deb.. I was researching for sherry vinegar replacement.. and most said red wine with a pinch of sugar.. they all said apple cider vinegar is good to.. so I thank you...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #562

Good morning to you the Little California Hottie!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #563

Ya mean little California fatty...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Kcmom..A panna cotta sounds great.. I made one once!!! but a cheese cake is always a show stopper too...it's been warm here.. I have found my 2nd bug.. grrr I am not looking forward to spring or summer.. I hate these 2 times of the year.. and I hate putting the clocks forward... but I tell myself Melinda.. that means it gets darker later and so more time before the bugs come out cause they come out in the dark...

Chewie...I always remember years ago, going to the Los Angeles zoo with hubs.. over 20 years ago.. and there is a crowd of us looking at an animal.. don't remember which one and I glanced over and saw the gorilla.. he wasn't inclosed.. he was outside.. by the way the Los Angeles Zoo is so pathetic.. but anyway this gorilla digs up a wad of grass and threw it at our direction and hit this women.. I thought I was going to pee in my pants from laughing so hard...OMG..hilarious...

Lonykins.. Good Morning my Wyoming Wild women....

I gave my baby the last of the cough syrup and made some hot sugar cookie tea and put it in his Baltimore Ravens (pssst Linda LOL) hot and cold cup.. that his aunt bought him...and he took it to his bedroom.. said he was up all night coughing.. wondering if I should go back to the store for more Gatorade and cough syrup.. at some point to me cough syrup ceases working I swear...I should go up to Walgreens now.. but the work traffic is beginning, so I will wait until 9am... I need stamps anyway.. so I will walk back into the store I was yesterday!! again!!! it's better I go to Walmart...but it's too late for that mad house.. and they have nuts on sale for hubs... wouldn't want to forget his nuts...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #565

Did you see that commercial for Ragu....they tell you how to make Ragu Chili Mac...they go ground turkey+macaroni+ragu equals Chili Mac.. am I the only one who is wondering where the chili part is?? LOL..sorry..
Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #566

Quote:
Ya mean little California fatty...
Nope, I don't mean that!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #567

Chewie, you know how they say there are certain things that happen that you still think about and it's just as funny or sad or whatever.. well that one always cracks me up.. and she wouldn't believe it either.. my hubs was pleading with her telling her it's true it's true we both saw it...

Hubs loves room service, when he goes to Vegas..I mean more than anything there, that is his favorite luxurious thing.. so we stay at this hotel, cause everything was booked up.. and it was a Country and Western Music hotel...it's still there with a name change though..it's now called the Silverton..beginning of the strip.. filled with country and western music.. which should have been our first hint.. anyway so we go to the room.. and he orders room service.. I am expecting the whole 9 yards.. them wheeling in the big table with the silver covers... he is all ready.. we just drove the 4 and a half hours.. knock knock knock...I have already ripped my clothes off.. cause I hate clothes.. but anyway he goes answers the door.. and then I heard oh thank you very much.. I am thinking, what??? no table with the silver covers...maybe he is wheeling it in himself...you know we need the whole routine, where the guy takes the covers off and shows you and gives you the miniature catsup or hotsauce or whatever.. well here walks my husband back with a brown paper bag with handles...I swear to you I laughed so hard that I heard something like pop in my head.. OMG the look on my hub's face was priceless.. oh goodness to this day we always reminisce about that... and we have never stayed there again and my hubs will curse that hotel when we drive by it LOLOL..
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Nope, I don't mean that!
We need to look at what WLS patience eat.. so we can imitate that...Chewie says she eats a bacon and an egg...and then a protein shake...I will have to look it up.. Since nothing fits anymore... I will just wear something that has gotten too small I swear.. I blew it last night, but I didn't gain..and thank goodness I walked buy whoa my knees..

A new day today.. and I started it off with coffee...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #569
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Lynn....don't forget that they are shooting up the cows
with growth hormones and other goodies. It would be nice
to be able to buy beef from a local farmer that you know who
doesn't do that. When I was growing up my folks used to get
a half side of beef from a local guy. It was such good meat!

I know..I rarely eat beef anymore..but, when I do I try to get grass fed.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #570

Quote:
We need to look at what WLS patience eat.. so we can imitate that...Chewie says she eats a bacon and an egg...and then a protein shake...I will have to look it up.. Since nothing fits anymore... I will just wear something that has gotten too small I swear.. I blew it last night, but I didn't gain..and thank goodness I walked buy whoa my knees..

A new day today.. and I started it off with coffee...
Every day starts with coffee in this house!