Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
I thought this was a real eye opener. The measurements down below is in teaspoons of sugar.

Mona is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
She really did!So grown up and red carpet worthy. Gives a mom really mixed feelings, you know? Her date is already working as an accountant. Sadly, he looks to be about 4-5" shorter than her in the pics from last night. Of course, she did have on heels.......I saw her before he came to get her and then had to leave. My dh took pics of them for me. My son said, "And that is the reason I don't bring dates here. You all are too embarrassing."
is that what her degree is in as well??
LOL tell your DS that is your job description as a mom to be as embarrassing as possible to your teens and you take your job very seriously
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #363

Quote:
I sooooo hear you, Mona!!!! I succombed to the call of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (lots more than the 1/2 cup serving size they put on the back!) and key lime chessecake squares (I know they were made with sweetened condensed milk--had the taste and texture).I just kept going back for more and more. Buuuuuuut, today is a new day and I plan to get back on track. Not going to beat myself over the head and chuck it all. I refuse to let food win out.

key lime chessecake squares i couldn't resist them either they sound soo good

Last edited by debkeversole; 03-03-2013 at 09:59 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #364

hey Mona does that show some sugar in the bottled water?? the bag looks like it has some sugar in it too
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #365

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Hello All!

Oldest had a date and it is a very dressy affair. She looked gorgeous in her gold gown. It is a gala fundraiser for Boys and Girls Club in Lawrence, I believe she said. I was talking with a mom at the intermission tonight and there was one here in town last night and a couple of the actors from Modern Family were there. Wonder if they will be at the one tonight as well?One of the guys who plays one of the gay couple from the show is from Kansas.
You must've been such a happy and proud mama! And your baby is all grown up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Eliza I want that dress But I would have to add sleeves!
No way, my skinny friend, sleeveless will do well for you. You will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. Got up yesterday from my nap not feeling the greatest and it proceeded to get worse. I did make the lc yellow cake w/berries, all the dips and the wings. Dh made the creamed spinach soup as I just wasn't up to it. I didn't eat but had about 1/4 cup of soup. I ended up going to bed at 9:15. My stomach still isnt' great today but hopefully that will pass. I would like to have a rib later.
Chewie, my friend, you may have that stomach flu virus that has been going around. Those were the symptoms for some of the students that got it - stomach aches and pains, nausea....Feel better soon!

The bridal shower was a lot of fun. It was all teachers and educational professionals, so all games were teacher-related like tests, etc. We laughed so hard! I got to dress up and wear full make-up with foundation, mascara, etc. People said I should do it every day! I thought..... who has time to put on a full face of make up at 5:30 in the morning?

Quote:
48 for a high today and then 26 for a high tomorrow with more snow I guess this is springtime in Wyoming.
Hahahaha .... springtime in WY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Work was good...a bit slow but it usually is on the weekends at blood bank.

I'm just in a bad mood. I want junk food so bad. I talked myself out of stopping at 3 places on the way home....and then as soon as I got home I wolfed down a bag of candy-coated popcorn I hadn't gotten around to throwing away yet. I hate dieting yet I hate being fat. Blah!
Mona, hang in there! It is tough.....Have you tried l-glutamine? It really helps with sugar cravings.

Quote:
She really did!So grown up and red carpet worthy. Gives a mom really mixed feelings, you know? Her date is already working as an accountant.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote:
Freddie and I are going to Sheridan for a doggie play date! With the rain and melting snow everything is just one big giant mud puddle.
I'm jealous! I want Freddie here on a play date with me...hmmmm..... Vanilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Well I'm going back on my birth control pills. My (old) doctor convinced me to try and get off of them again....there is always the chance of blood clots and other side effects and the chances get worse as we get older. She also said it could be raising my BP a bit. Well it looks like the same thing is happening as Summer 2011 when I tried to stop taking them. I now have the period from hell and I can feel my mood slipping into oblivion. I hate feeling pissy like this all the time. I keep waiting for LC to click but so far it hasn't happened. I don't mean to just whine and whine. I know it's hard for everybody.
Honey, it's just hormones causing your unpleasant moods....Things will get better. I have a friend who got blood clots when she was pregnant, and her gyno recommended an IUD, less hormones in it, I guess.

I am so sorry you are going through a tough time Sending positive mood healing vibes your way. You and DH have been doing great, don't give up!!!!!

As for LC, it does work, it's just so darn tough to truly follow it to the letter 100% of the time. To stay in nutritional ketosis to burn off the fat. I eat a lot of salads and I guess a lot of carbs hide in there. For me it's hit and miss. I am a big believer in recording food intake and keeping an eye on macronutrients - fat/protein/carb ratios and still kinda keeping an eye on calories, too. I am a pitiful example of following through on that, but I know that in the rare occasions I can get myself together and I do, and I stay below 2000 cal and my true carb intake is low, I lose. (which, by the way, hasn't happened in months )

Have you tried one of those food tracking sites where you can record your food intake? I can send you the links in Fb if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
sorry to hear he has a fever Melinda lots of rest and fliuds today!

Stevens closing went well sigh Ken got a few pics after the play but didn't think he was allowed back where they did cast photos afterward soo we didn't get any of those and IDK how to get one from the photgorapher Steven said we could buy a dvd of it for 10 bucks i hope he finds out how cause i really want one the cast photos took an hour and a half AFTER the play Steven was EXHAUSTED

Kenny and Ashley went to the play last night i was soo happy they did! cause for sure he has no other family to go Kens parents could not care less KWIM? SIGH one of the other actors is from Mexico his family FLEW IN thursday to see him in the play. i thought that was WONDERFUL! our relatives can't come 30 miles not to see Kenny graduate COLLEGE even let alone see Steven in a play sooory stepping down from soapbox
steven's foot is still hurting but he has it in an ankle brace and has been rsting it on pillows all morning he and Ken just went out to finish up and get the belt on

HEY it works it works! whoohiooo!!!!!! they started it up NO NOISE WHOOHOO!! i turned all the electrical stuff on AND NO NOISE!!!! i am doing a happy dance! now they have to put everything back together and can come in and get warmed up OH I AM SOO SOO HAPPY!!!!
Deb, glad Steven's resting the ankle and it's healing!
Yay on getting the van working with no noise!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #366

Melindochka, how is your sonny boy feeling this morning? I hope the fever is gone and he is doing much, much better.

It's that darn flu that's been going around. Many kids with high fever in my school.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #367

Eek! Woke up and my right ear is hurting! Being at ground zero for all things flu (read: a classroom full of 9-10 year olds), I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. My throat on that side hurts, too. Doubled up on the Kayolic, olive leaf extract, cayenne, ACV, and have a cotton ball soaked in olive oil in the ear to stop the earache. I think it's already improving.

Gotta be all better and brand new for tomorrow - long work day with a 2-hr meeting after school where I'm presenting, plus a planned visit from the bosses from downtown to our classrooms, plus grades are due by 9 a.m. on Tuesday! So tomorrow will be an extra super busy day.

Now time to rally the troops and get some of the work around the house done.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Eek! Woke up and my right ear is hurting! Being at ground zero for all things flu (read: a classroom full of 9-10 year olds), I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. My throat on that side hurts, too. Doubled up on the Kayolic, olive leaf extract, cayenne, ACV, and have a cotton ball soaked in olive oil in the ear to stop the earache. I think it's already improving.

Gotta be all better and brand new for tomorrow - long work day with a 2-hr meeting after school where I'm presenting, plus a planned visit from the bosses from downtown to our classrooms, plus grades are due by 9 a.m. on Tuesday! So tomorrow will be an extra super busy day.

Now time to rally the troops and get some of the work around the house done.
the olive leaf extract has been a life savor for me
i am glad the party was fun
Old 03-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #369

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Thanks ladies .....he is lying in my bed..drinking Gatorade.....I will probably cut down on some cooking today....I had cooked and froze my ground beef on Thurs. for today....what a difference..and chopped my veggies yesterday,....so I am going to have to do more of that....

Deb I am glad the family got to see Steven......my sister in law wants to come down here to sonny boy's graduation.....haven't told him....that isn't exactly good news for us....LOL...I do hope his ankle gets better....

Last edited by crazyone; 03-03-2013 at 10:40 AM..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Deb, so glad Kenny and Ashley went to support Steven, especially since you couldn't go. Whoohoo on the car repair!! You are so blessed to have such a handy husband let me tell you! But, I am sure you know that already!! Hope they finish soon so they can get inside where it is warm and rest.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
is that what her degree is in as well??
LOL tell your DS that is your job description as a mom to be as embarrassing as possible to your teens and you take your job very seriously
Deb. Apparently, he thinks we do that job too well!!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Eliza, hope the ear pain and associated germs get wiped out of your system quickly! Wow, presenting tomorrow. What is the topic? Have you seen your new "frenemy" yet since the betrayal? Did she say anything to you?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #373

Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #374

I forgot I add also that I hope you feel better Elizakins....
Old 03-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #375

this is too cool!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
hey Mona does that show some sugar in the bottled water?? the bag looks like it has some sugar in it too
I thought that little thing in the "water bag" was sugar too, but my DH said it's just a bad picture and it's a sticker on the bag or something. One would hope that there would be no sugar in bottled water!

I'm going to bed. Nite All.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #377

Lony...I just saw a commercial for the new Lysol cleaner with hydrogen peroxide......copy cats...

Night Mona
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #378

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi folks. Just baked up 2 pans of bacon for lunch--kids had it with hot dogs and wraps. I made some lc coconut flour pancakes and had 1 with 2 pc of bacon. I have been wanting pancakes for about 2 weeks now. My dh had a pancake and then youngest finished them off. Everyone liked them and it's definitely a keeper. I'll post it below. I used half and half cause I'm out of hwc. I also didn't use the baking powder---saw no use for it.

Candice’s Low Carb Coconut Flour Pancakes
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
2 Tablespoons almond meal
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Vanilla liquid sweeteners syrup(I use DaVinci) *
1/2 teaspoon maple extract(optional)
1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon butter(for frying)
In small bowl mix eggs, sugar free syrup, extract, and whipping cream.Whisk in coconut flour, almond meal, and baking powder. Whisk till mixture is smooth.Let set for 5 mins.
Heat pan, add butter. Then spoon/pour mixture into pan into 4 equal portions.Fry till golden brown, flip and brown other side.DO NOT OVERCOOK or else they will be dry.
Makes 4 pancakes. 1 full recipe: 363 cal, Carb 13 g, Fiber 7, g prot 18 g, Net Carbs 6
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #379

Mona, Eliza, Melinda's ds, Deb's ds---you all feel better soon.

Deb-that was great that Kenny and Ashley went last night. That dvd would be cool to have to watch in years to come.

Eliza--full makeup? I don't even know what that is. I have never done foundation, etc---I just do lipstick, eyeliner and curl my eyelashes and I'm good to go. Sometimes I'll use some mineral powder or blush but that's about it. But it sounds like a fun shower.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #380

I just went through 2 big bins of clothes of the boys. Ended up with a bag of donations and then ds18 took the rest upstairs. I need to purge my stuff again soon. I'm hoping we warm up with spring coming so I can do a winter type purge cause by next winter, none of this stuff will fit me.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #381

I'm making Linda Sue's "fried rice" recipe today with cauliflower. I'm going to spice it up and hope the sesame oil and soy sauce make it edible. I have some stir fry veggies I will add to it too. Dh made a homemade lc bbq sauce and cooked the ribs for a few hours in the oven. They are now marinating in that sauce and then he has to finish them on the grill. They smell good.

The boys both sampled the cheesy biscuits and said they are good. The recipe only made 9 so now I have 7. I had to hide them for dinner. lol
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #382

oh Chewie that sounds soo good we are just reheating leftovers and watching netflix
eek just realized this is the week the kids are moving into that new house
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #383

Well, since I scared everyone off of here, I'm going to go take a nap or read or something.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #384

I'm back. I know my dh works hard and he's tired but man, talk about cranky, whiney,crabhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's yelling at everyone and anything. My boys are hiding upstairs. Too bad I have nowhere to hide. GRRRRRR And he has to go in early again tomorrow so the nightmare continues.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #385

Big hugs Chewie..and thet say we PMS!

Last edited by crazyone; 03-03-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #386

Old 03-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #387

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hi girlies, we are back from the big city. We have a very nice time, my friend even made a low carb lunch...awwww Fred had fun playing with her two fuzz balls.

Now I have to go catch up, but I have to say

Kcmama I love the new ticker.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #388

Quote:
I'm back. I know my dh works hard and he's tired but man, talk about cranky, whiney,crabhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's yelling at everyone and anything. My boys are hiding upstairs. Too bad I have nowhere to hide. GRRRRRR And he has to go in early again tomorrow so the nightmare continues.
I am so sorry.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #389

Quote:
Hi girlies, we are back from the big city. We have a very nice time, my friend even made a low carb lunch...awwww Fred had fun playing with her two fuzz balls.

Now I have to go catch up, but I have to say

Kcmama I love the new ticker.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #390

Quote:
I just went through 2 big bins of clothes of the boys. Ended up with a bag of donations and then ds18 took the rest upstairs. I need to purge my stuff again soon. I'm hoping we warm up with spring coming so I can do a winter type purge cause by next winter, none of this stuff will fit me.
I have this image in my head of you buying back some of the same clothes you donated to the thrift store by accident