Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 224/186/???
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: November 2012
Surprisingly tempted by pie!

I promised my husband that he wouldn't have to give anything up when I went low-carb. Usually I cook LCHF meals for the two of us, but today I made him an apple pie - his favorite!

Usually I haven't had much trouble ignoring high-carb foods - I just haven't craved them since going low-carb. (I know that's not true for everyone; I'm grateful it's been true for me.) Tonight, though, that pie smelled really good. I could see the crust had turned out perfectly - flaky and crisp.

I did think that perhaps, when I'm at goal, I might plan for the occasional high-carb food. But I also stopped and thought that I hadn't planned for this, and I didn't want to be in the position of just reacting to what was around me.

So I had some herb tea with Sweet-n-Low, to have something sweet - and lost interest in the pie. (My backup plan was to brush my teeth - fortunately I didn't have to leave my guests downstairs while I ran up and grabbed a toothbrush!)

I do think I'll make some low-carb cheesecake tomorrow, if I'm still feeling the bite of the sweet tooth!
biancasteeplechase is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
What you might do if have some cooked apples with some apple pie spice, sweetener and cheddar cheese. Just a 1/2 cup or so, might satisfy you. I have a fruit every morning. Gjetost cheese or cheddar goes real well with cooked apples. I have also mixed the cooked apple into Greek yogurt for a breakfast meal.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 224/186/???
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: November 2012
Thanks for the tip! I like cheese with apple pie - or, rather, I did when I was eating apple pie. This gives me one more reason to look forward to Greek yogurt when I'm ready to start climbing the carb ladder!
biancasteeplechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Another suggestion... Get out of the house. Helps me. I go to the dollar store or something and usually am fine when I come back.
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote