Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   Back Again! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/796912-back-again.html)

tgrant0613 02-11-2013 07:03 PM

Back Again!

Hi Everyone! I just seen I haven't signed in since April... Not going to beat myself up over that. Not gonna feel sorry for myself. Just going to go from here. It is now a health issue (diabetes) and I know I have to make changes now. I need a place to give and receive support and encouragement. My life is incredibly stressful and I have to carve out time to plan meals etc. I also need a place to *blog* my day to day stuff; i hope that is ok here. I enjoy reading everyone's posts. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I am a fulltime+ caregiver. I take care of individuals with developmental disabilities about 60 hrs a week plus I take care of my mom who has copd. The hardest thing for a caregiver to do is take care of themselves; but i have got to start! I ate locarb today. That's a start. I joined the YMCA so I can go work out.

Breakfast: Ham & Cheese omelet.
Lunch: was on the go so i just had a ham/chs rollup snack.
Dinner: Ground beef w/ cheese melted on top and spinach.

I am proud of the fact that I want cereal this evening,... but I am refusing to grab a bowl. The little things really do add up (positive or negative) lol.

I drink alot of diet pop. I have been reading many articles about how bad it is for you. I want to start drinking more water and am going to buy some water bottles tomorrow. I really need to stock up on lc snacks.

Thank you for letting me post here. God bless.

*Tammy*

ravenrose 02-12-2013 10:48 AM

good luck, Tammy! it is so important, and you realize that. a lot of life ahead, and you can make the deciding difference in how much your diabetes debilitates you in your later years. don't let it happen!

personally, I would not focus on the exercise at the same time you are trying to get your eating under control. you can lose weight and control your blood sugar without it, though of course it's very healthy too.

the biggest thing is to remember that every mouthful counts. don't go off on a binge if you eat something not on plan. get back on plan with the NEXT mouthful, that you don't eat!

thecloude1 02-12-2013 02:24 PM

:welcome:

Good Luck!

Phranquie 02-12-2013 05:51 PM

Welcome back Tammy. Lots of folks here have returned several times and keep trying until it sticks. With the health incentive I wish your the best of luck changing your life and eating patterns.

Join a dialy thread so people can get to know you and offer daily support, motivation and encouragement. Daily accountability really helps me stay on track.

tgrant0613 02-12-2013 07:29 PM

Ummm..... what is a daily thread??? lol I don't mean to sound ignorant, but i am trying to get this.:stars:

alabama sunshine 02-13-2013 04:09 AM

:welcome:Back.

groovygiirl 02-14-2013 09:53 AM

Hi Tammy, I just started again this week myself :)

Phranquie 02-14-2013 01:36 PM

Tammy, a daily thread is where a group of people touch base daily. There are several here in the Century Club: Daily Weigher, 300lb Support, New Clothes for 4th of July. Also look under the LC Support Groups/LC Challenges, there are lots of daily threads that you can just hop in, introduce yourself and join. Find one that appeals to you and see if you like the flow and rapport of the people. Each group is a little different but there are plenty so you should have no problem finding one that you like.