Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   Onderland and one hundred pounds lost! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/796697-onderland-one-hundred-pounds-lost.html)

fluffylumkins 02-08-2013 02:11 PM

Onderland and one hundred pounds lost!

So where's my party?

First of all "Hi Guys!!" :hiya: I haven't posted in quite a while. I'm one of those types of forum posters that comes and goes through the years and never really gets too active so some of you may know me and some may not. I've been at my *latest* weight loss journey for around 3 years pretty consistently now so that's a lot of coming and going. This morning, I finally reached 199.8 on my bathroom scale and I promised myself that the day it happened, I would make it a priority to sit down and post. Why? Because when I was 297lbs., 285lbs., 248lbs., and so on, it felt like I would NEVER get here and when I started to give up or feel weak, I read success stories and it kept me on track. As I sat at my computer screen in tears, I was able to pull it together for just one more day/meal/minute and that was long enough to push through the weakness and continue on my journey. It was and still is very important to me that I share my story with you in the hopes that it may provide someone out there reading it with a little bit of hope.

So, my story is a long one but I don't want to bore you guys to death so I will just give it the super quick run down. In my early 20's I hit 203lbs., felt enormous and lost down to the mid 180's before I met my husband, fell in love and had a son. By the time I was 9 months pregnant, I weighed in at 297lbs. Through breastfeeding and a low-ish calorie diet, I was able to lose down to around 260. Some big moves and major life changes hit me hard and I found myself depressed and approaching 285lbs. in mid-2009. This is when my latest journey began. I started with low calorie, even though I know low carb is the life for me, because it was easier at the time to pop a lean cuisine in the microwave and by doing so, lost 40 lbs. rather quickly. Being as far from perfect as I am, I then did a little backsliding, some stalling and then, after several attempts at losing the same 10 lbs. 50 or so times, I managed to get myself down to a new low of 203.x late last year on a LC lifestyle. I was SO pumped to get to Onederland by Christmas and I just knew I could do it. Of course life happened and I did a little more backsliding and so on but I'm back at it and have a great momentum going right now.

It's been a struggle. I mention this because some times people find weight loss easy. A lot of times, people find weight loss too hard and therefore never finish, leaving stories like mine (and like yours?) all the more rare. If you're like me and it's taken 3 years to loose 100lbs. and in that time you've lost at least 500lbs. if you count all those darn ones that you have to do over and over again, I want you to know that you're not alone. It's not a question of will-power usually, because when I'm on plan I'm a machine, I think it's more a matter of life interfering and getting comfortable. But anyway. So the holidays were rough for me this past year and I ended up gaining around 10 lbs. back from what I had lost previously. I was back up to 215. About 3 weeks ago I started back up full force again and now here I sit: 199.8 thankyouverymuch

It was more anti-climatic than I thought although if I'm being honest I did get a little choked up followed by a fit of giggles. :D It's been a long time coming, and I still have a ways to go, but I'm here. It's possible, guys. I'm sitting, living, breathing proof that it's possible and that you can do it too. Because honestly, there were so many times that I wanted to give up, and so many times that I *DID* give up, but I always stood up, dusted myself off and got right back on track. That's all we can do. Because no one is perfect but if we're honest with ourselves, and gentle with ourselves when we make a mistake, it doesn't have to be the end of the world or the end of our diet. It can just be a little blip on the radar and you can get back up and keep on keeping on, don't let anyone (including yourself!) tell you otherwise!

So. Thanks for reading and woo for 199!! :jumpjoy:

p.s. yes, it's only really 98 lbs., but come on, it's so close and the title works!! ;)

kitnmom 02-08-2013 04:56 PM

Did you really say only 98lbs? You have done amazing!

stepinthyme 02-08-2013 05:21 PM

:goodpost:

Wow--what a wonderful post, and thank you so much for writing it! Sometimes I think we get too impatient with ourselves, and if we aren't losing more than 3 pounds a week, we get frustrated or give up. Your story is a very important reminder to us all that diligence and patience pays off.

biancasteeplechase 02-08-2013 06:33 PM

Congratulations! That's wonderful news - and I'm so glad that sticking with it has finally paid off for you!

MaryMary 02-08-2013 07:15 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Jazlyn 02-09-2013 08:10 AM

You deserve a party!

krazy cat 02-09-2013 08:25 AM

Congrats Fluffy! :clap: That's a huge accomplishment! Good for you for continuing to jump back on the wagon no matter how many times you got derailed! KUTGW!!!!

LadyN 02-11-2013 06:40 AM

:clap::clap::clap::high5: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

What I like about your story is that you kept getting back up and PROGRESSING!! WTG!!!!

alabama sunshine 02-11-2013 09:40 AM

:jumpjoy::congrats::congrats::congrats:

tgrant0613 02-11-2013 07:14 PM

Way to go!!!! THank you for taking the time to post!! Very encouraging!

Mina Vendetta 02-12-2013 02:00 PM

What an inspiration!! Your progress is my goal!

Jigsaw 02-12-2013 06:50 PM

:jumpjoy: Wow, that is amazing! Congrats on 100 lbs gone! No matter how long it took it is a major accomplishment! :jumpjoy:

Britt1975 02-13-2013 08:10 AM

Congratulations Fluffy! What a happy and motivating post to read today! I'm so looking forward to the day when I can come here and declare myself in onderland - it's so fantastic to see that dream come true for someone!!!

Go you!!!:jumpjoy:

Chris 232 02-18-2013 06:50 AM

Thanks for posting and encouraging the rest of us. Like you lately I've been regaining some wieght loss, but only have about 2 lbs to get back into the 190's. Probably by next Monday. Then 16 more to lose to get my my weight from Thanksgiving. It is a personal struggle but we can all get there together-enjoy the journey.

Sleepy 02-19-2013 08:54 AM

fantastic :up: welcome to the club :high5:

Portia 02-19-2013 09:01 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post! Great job on the weight loss.

2f2f 02-21-2013 01:27 PM

Way to go!

Jess70 02-27-2013 01:36 PM

Congrats

Congratulations, now go reward yourself with something pretty.

sherlocklabs 02-28-2013 08:52 AM

:yahoo::congrats::yahoo::congrats::goodpost: :clap::clap:
Wow!! You are an inspiration...truly! Congratulations!!
I really enjoyed reading your post....thank you so much for sharing your story!
WTG!! Keep up the great work!

trishthedish 02-28-2013 03:54 PM

:birthday:
You have done an amazing job! Thank you for sharing your story. :clap:

Rebecca1979 03-10-2013 12:07 PM

Congrats!!! I remember you!!!!

sharkini 03-16-2013 06:28 PM

CONGRATS!! :up:

cfine 03-24-2013 10:56 AM

I love your story. Thank you for sharing. I know that someday, I WILL make my goal. I tend to do really good, and then have a little backslide, and then pick up again. I could have lost 100lbs by now if I had been 100%compliant but that's not always real life. Thanks again.

heidihoopi 03-25-2013 03:42 PM

What a gal, big hug, pat on the back and a bouquet of roses!

What you've said is so so important-we are all human and will backslide, don't let it go too long and never give up. I know of no one who makes goal without struggle and tears and without like you said probably actually losing about double the lbs on the journey.

One day at a time, look no further ahead.

I applaud you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

~

sillykimmie 03-25-2013 03:56 PM

:kicking::kicking: Congratulations!! What an awesome accomplishment!.
Thanks for sharing your story. You are right about what a great 'place' LCFs is. We all lend our help and advice,
comfort each other and cheer each other on when someone has a fabulous story, like yours!
Keep up the good work!

RhondaR 04-06-2013 08:23 AM

What an incredibly inspiring story...thank you for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Parisfox 04-06-2013 11:21 AM

..........http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...W/AWOOHO12.gif....................http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...ulations-1.gif

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...EXCELLENCE.jpg