Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   What Would You Do...??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/796441-what-would-you-do.html)

raini 02-05-2013 06:56 PM

What Would You Do...???

If you woke up tomorrow and you were at your goal weight, what is the first thing you'd do (other than scream hysterically and jump up and down?) You know, like something you've wanted to do for a long time and couldn't because you were overweight?

I'm hoping that thinking about what I can do at goal weight will help motivate me in the right direction!

biancasteeplechase 02-05-2013 07:15 PM

I'd put together a costume for GenCon!

trishthedish 02-05-2013 07:16 PM

I'd go skydiving!!

thecloude1 02-05-2013 07:18 PM

Climb a mountain with my son!

Mistizoom 02-05-2013 08:09 PM

Go skiing, haven't been in years and my parents have rented a condo at a ski resort this winter.

Low Carb Librarian 02-05-2013 09:47 PM

Walk around in the buff! (After the kids have gone off to school, of course!
:)

shamblyn 02-06-2013 04:03 AM

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping I would definitely need clothes :)

trishthedish 02-06-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamblyn (Post 16242645)
Shopping, Shopping, Shopping I would definitely need clothes :)

:goodpost: Yes, that too!!

raini 02-06-2013 02:14 PM

I'd take my Aqua Pod for a few spins around the lakes by our house... maybe out in the Sound if I stayed kinda close to shore.

Mrs S 02-06-2013 02:21 PM

I know this will sound like a contradiction but I'd spend a lot of time naked and go shopping for new clothes, just not at the same time.

raini 02-06-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs S (Post 16244113)
I know this will sound like a contradiction but I'd spend a lot of time naked and go shopping for new clothes, just not at the same time.

Good to know!!! :rofl:

raini 02-06-2013 02:50 PM

I'm wondering how I will feel about new clothes. I don't care much one way or another right now, as long as they are clean and they fit- and in the winter that they are warm enough or in the summer that they are cool enough. And I have new clothes all the way down about four sizes from where I am right now. Maybe it's just because life here on the island is pretty laid back and informal, or maybe I will get excited when I actually need smaller clothes. We'll see!

Hot Tamale 02-09-2013 10:17 AM

I'm planning to go swim with dolphins sometime soon...

And, although I am not at goal yet, I can tell you buying clothes now that I am close was really difficult at first. After literally a dozen years buying my first choice of the generally awful clothes in catalogs, to go into a store and have that many choices was overwhelming! I walked out the first few times pretty much empty-handed. I did, however, get much better at it and I'm a pro now! ;)

raini 02-09-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Tamale (Post 16249766)

And, although I am not at goal yet, I can tell you buying clothes now that I am close was really difficult at first. After literally a dozen years buying my first choice of the generally awful clothes in catalogs, to go into a store and have that many choices was overwhelming! I walked out the first few times pretty much empty-handed. I did, however, get much better at it and I'm a pro now! ;)

Hmmm... swimming with the dolphins might be my second choice, and horseback riding the next one. Funniest thing - when I told my dh about the question, he immediately said, "I know what your answer would be" and I asked him what he thought it would be. He replied, "You want to take your aqua pod out on the lakes!" WOW! He DOES pay attention!

Mistizoom 02-09-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Tamale (Post 16249766)

I'm doing swimming with dolphins in March! But I did not sign up for the one where the dolphin lifts you out of the water. There was no weight limit listed for that but I felt bad for the poor dolphins ;).

Hot Tamale 02-09-2013 10:24 PM

Mistizoom - Where are you doing that, may I ask? I guess I need to look into what is available! :)

AmelieWannabe 02-10-2013 12:24 AM

Two words ... Victoria's Secret!

~PaperMoon~ 02-10-2013 02:06 AM

My first thought was clothes, clothes and more clothes! :up:

Mistizoom 02-10-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Tamale (Post 16250696)
Mistizoom - Where are you doing that, may I ask? I guess I need to look into what is available! :)

I'm going on a Western Caribbean cruise. Will be doing a dolphin encounter at Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan, Honduras. There were also options for dolphin swims at a couple of the other ports we are going to. I will admit one the the reasons I picked the one I did is that it doesn't appear they require the use of a life jacket...didn't want to have to worry about them not fitting me or DH! :o

Hot Tamale 02-10-2013 08:15 AM

I totally understand! I am not looking forward to wearing a wetsuit - I thought that was required - or I think it is at Discovery Cove in Orlando, where I may be going... In any case, have fun - I think it will be awesome for both of us!!

biancasteeplechase 02-10-2013 09:45 AM

I keep waiting for someone to chime in about which of these things we could be doing right now.

In my case, I actually am going to be in costume at GenCon - I'd just be wearing something different if I was at my goal weight.

Jigsaw 02-12-2013 07:00 PM

Make a trip to Cedar Point and ride every roller coaster! :lol:

Britt1975 02-13-2013 08:03 AM

:goodpost: Amen to the roller coaster agenda!!!

Well - first I would have to go shopping, because I think the only clothes I have that will fit me at my goal weight are a pair of suede shorts from my senior year of HS (circa 1993) that are horribly out of date and are only being held on to for sentimental reasons.

As soon as I get done shopping though I'm heading directly to Islands of Adventure to explore the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and ride the fantastic rides. After that I'm going to go to Wet and Wild and spend all day enjoying myself instead of declaring myself 'cooler guardian' because I'm too embarrassed to wear a bathing suit.

Mistizoom 02-14-2013 08:15 AM

Yes! When I lose enough weight, roller coasters and water parks here I come! :jumpjoy: I have done some water slides recently but I am always afraid I generate so much momentum I will fly off and die! :o

groovygiirl 02-14-2013 09:55 AM

oh, gosh, too many things to choose from. I'd go buy clothes and I'd go swimming with my kids. Then, I'd definitely go ride rollercoasters!

raini 02-14-2013 03:32 PM

I've got another one - white water rafting! Oh yeah!!!

sherlocklabs 02-14-2013 04:35 PM

I would go shopping....(right now I truly dislike clothes shopping...catalogue or store...very little that I actually like...or that fits properly). I L-O-V-E :heart: clothes/shoe shopping when I am out of the plus sizes.
Second....horseback riding! Oh, how I would love that! The farm near me has weight limits...and even if they didn't, I just cannot picture myself hoisting myself up onto the horse (not at the moment anyway...it wouldn't be pretty)
Definitely motivation to succeed! ;)

Lavender Blend 02-14-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raini (Post 16242214)
If you woke up tomorrow and you were at your goal weight, what is the first thing you'd do (other than scream hysterically and jump up and down?) You know, like something you've wanted to do for a long time and couldn't because you were overweight?

I'm hoping that thinking about what I can do at goal weight will help motivate me in the right direction!

This is a great question, but I can't even imagine what I would do.

Go shoe shopping maybe. My feet have gotten so fat that I can't wear all the cute shoes I wish I could.

sillykimmie 02-14-2013 09:15 PM

I would dance and shout all the way down Main Street!! :jumpjoy:

SINDERELLA 02-15-2013 02:31 PM

I would be sitting on a tropical beach with an umbrella drink in the sun!!!