Old 01-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
300+ Support Group-Shivering Sweeties-Feb 2013

300+ Support Group-Shivering Sweeties-Feb 2013
We are a group of Men and Women, most of whom weigh or have weighed over 300 pounds at some point. We post here to give or to get support, share our daily struggles and victories. Everyone is WELCOME! regardless of size! or Program! We encourage all you LURKERS to come on in and post!!!
WELCOME!!!

HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #2

FEBRUARY

February is . . . . National Blah Buster Month, National Embroidery Month, National Grapefruit Month, National Snack Food Month, National Weddings Month, Responsible Pet Owner Month, Return Carts to the Supermarket Month, Creative Romance Month, International Twit Award Month, Canned Food Month

Holidays are listed in chronological order. At the bottom are explanations and tips on how to celebrate certain holidays or sites you can link to containing more information on certain holidays. Remember this site is dedicated to bizarre American holidays, so naturally the links are of that nature. Also, you can link to the home page, previous month, or next month.
February 1 is . . . . . Serpent Day

February 2 is . . . . . Purification Day

February 3 is . . . . . Cordova Ice Worm Day

February 4 is . . . . . Create A Vacuum Day

February 5 is . . . . . Disaster Day

February 6 is . . . . . Lame Duck Day

February 7 is . . . . . Charles Dickens Day

February 8 is . . . . . Kite Flying Day

February 9 is . . . . . Toothache Day

February 10 is . . . . Umbrella Day

February 11 is . . . . White Tee-Shirt Day and Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day

February 12 is . . . . National Plum Pudding Day

February 13 is . . . . Get A Different Name Day and Dream Your Sweet Day

February 14 is . . . . Ferris Wheel Day and National Heart to Heart Day

February 15 is . . . . National Gum Drop Day

February 16 is . . . . Do A Grouch A Favor Day

February 17 is . . . . Champion Crab Races Day

February 18 is . . . . National Battery Day

February 19 is . . . . National Chocolate Mint Day

February 20 is . . . . Hoodie Hoo DayMore Info on Hoodie Hoo Day

February 21 is . . . . Card Reading Day

February 22 is . . . . Be Humble Day

February 23 is . . . . International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day

February 24 is . . . . National Tortilla Chip Day

February 25 is . . . . Pistol Patent Day (Samuel Colt)

February 26 is . . . . National Pistachio Day

February 27 is . . . . International Polar Bear Day

February 28 is . . . . Public Sleeping Day

February 29 is . . . . National Surf and Turf Day

<

More Info on Hoodie Hoo Day

This holiday is celebrated in an interesting way. At high noon everyone yells "Hoodie-Hoo" to chase away winter and make way for spring.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #3

Blessings of the growing light
Blessings of the quickening earth
Blessings of the morning chorus
Blessings of the first shy flowers
Blessings of Nature waking
Blessings of Maiden singing
Briganti’s fire light your path
Briganti’s blessings on your hearth

Last edited by debkeversole; 01-31-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #4

Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #5

Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
I'm a ground hog mama!!!! My son was born on GH day!! LOL
Happy soon to be February everyone!!!!!
May February be good to us all and may we kick some of this
winter blues away!!!!!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #7

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Jeese Deb...Already Feb...but in my part of the country is 82 today...LOL!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #8

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Mr. Mike is a valentines day baby

LOL Sue you are lucky he did not come out see his shadow and go back in the hole for six more weeks of pregnancy!

Last edited by Lony; 01-31-2013 at 05:18 PM..
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Ok, so I posted the message below on the other thread in response to Lony's post about her undisciplined snowflakes.

YOu crack me up! I wish you lived near me! It is indeed cold! Man! 14 degrees with windchill like 1 degree. Overnight getting to single digits with below zero wind chill. The two major rescue missions are full and still letting people in to sleep on the floor as there are no more beds. Definitely not good to be outside in this weather for any length of time--not even during the day today.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #10

Ohhhh Kcmama make sure and leave your facuets dripping so your pipes don't freeze!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #11

Deb.....I just had to run in here to tell you..I know it's late there..my boy just came home from the basketball.....checked his email...found out he was accepted by the University of San Fransisco....I am so sad because its quite aways from me...I said were you given any scholarships...but he said he doesn't know..,until they mail the letter....

I am so proud but on the other hand I feel like I want to die.....I better get a grip! Suck it up buttercup....is what I am telling myself....

But I just had to tell you...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Deb.....I just had to run in here to tell you..I know it's late there..my boy just came home from the basketball.....checked his email...found out he was accepted by the University of San Fransisco....I am so sad because its quite aways from me...I said were you given any scholarships...but he said he doesn't know..,until they mail the letter....

I am so proud but on the other hand I feel like I want to die.....I better get a grip! Suck it up buttercup....is what I am telling myself....

Well I know he is hoping for USC (that's the one, right?) but it's nice to know that he's in somewhere! And SF isn't as far away as New York! You should be a proud mama.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:

I am sure it made him feel good to be accepted..really Melinda...and I know you aren't going to believe me.....but, it isn't going to be nearly as bad as you think. You know when you have to go somewhere..to the doctor's or dentist and you worry about it forever and it prays on your mind...and you get there and it goes like a breeze and you wonder why you wasted so much time worrying. I think that is typical of most people. I have a friend who doesn't do that..she just deals with it as it gets there. I have practiced trying to do this..

He probably isn't even going to go there...however, I have been there once and it is a cool city and if you had to go to a city to visit someone, you might as well go to one that is interesting.

You will adjust...try to wait until the times comes to be sad if he goes farther away...but, remember, you could be worrying about nothing and he could be right around the corner calling you to bring him chicken soup...I have experienced both..lol...one was close and constantly called me to come..one came home all the time..one didn't...remember..it's only 4 year's...not a lifetime....and now I will shut up before you whack me upside the head...

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 02-01-2013 at 06:16 AM..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

While I think of it..I heard the other day on the radio that another option to a four year college is an Associate's Degree (two years in a specialized field I believe)...you can google it to find out which jobs are in demand, etc. It certainly is an option, especially if your child should happen to know what they are interested in...which is unlikely I know..lol But, still they might...and they could always go back to school later...some companies actually will pay your tuition
Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #15

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. TGIF I got so mad at dh today. What a stinky way to start my day. When my alarm went off at 6:15, he said ds18 was going to drive ds14 to football so I could work out. Well, I kind of knew that wasn't going to happen AND it didn't. DS18 wouldn't get up so I took him and that set me back on my exercise and timing for work. So of course when lazyhead dh did get up and I was cooling down, we had some nasty words. UGH
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #16

Quote:

Congrats to your ds. I know you're flipping out but it's a good thing.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #17

35 minutes of exercise today!!!! 15 on the dreadmill and 20 on the bike.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #18

Good morning sunshines! Happy Friday!

Melinda that is awesome news about your sonny boy. San Francisco is a wonderful place to go visit

Lynn I hope you have a wonderful day.

Chewie, fingers crossed your day gets way better.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning friends!

Chewie awesome job on the exercise! Sorry you had an argument with DH. But isn't it DS18 you should be mad at, since he wouldn't wake up?

So far tonight I've done 2 loads of laundry, made taco meat, and drank a lot of iced coffee. Now I'm thawing ground beef to make salisbury steaks.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #20

Good Morning My wonderful ladies of the thread et el (LOL)

Thank you so much ladies...I really appreciate it.. I told him how proud I was of him and didn't show a lemon ugly face.. and your right Lynn...(as Sue Knows and Lonykins too) I tend to worry and worry and worry and worry and worry...and it's a good thing that hasn't rubbed off on my son.. I am so serious...if it had I would have died...the good thing is he tells me all the time OMG MOM I could never live like you do worrying about something...

Lynn... I am just going to roll with punches.. it has always bothered me since he was born...that he was going to some day leave...but the way your friend deals with stuff is awesome....I looked at his face and he was so happy and he said to me OMG Momma I am going off to college.. so I don't want to Melinda Moaner is mood...he should be proud of himself.. and that is only 1 out of the 7 schools responding....he said that only USC is the one he applied for that he really didn't have the qualifications for.. he was hoping for a miracle... he was already told by USC last week by mail, that he wasn't chosen for Merit scholarships...

Anyway so Chewie....I too hope your day gets better and Mona are you cooking something today??? I was going to go to Walfarts.. but I would have gotten there at 7:40 and it would have been a mad house...Lynn.. what a beautiful AV...

Ok well I am going to have some V8 juice....it doesn't taste as salty as it once did...
Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #21

OOOH Mona Salisbury Steak, LOVE THOSE!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #22

Lonykins... Good Morning to you.. in my area it's going to be warm for a few days... like maybe 80 warm...bleck..
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning friends!

Chewie awesome job on the exercise! Sorry you had an argument with DH. But isn't it DS18 you should be mad at, since he wouldn't wake up?
Yes and no. My dh has pledged to help me "anyway" that he can with my weight loss/health. I HATE to exercise but know that I have to do it and when I do it first thing in the morning, it really helps me get it done. Otherwise, I dread it ALL day long. DH has been getting up all week till today. It really isn't ds18's responsibility although I guess it could be, especially now that he's not working and it's costing us an arm and a leg. Not to mention my HUGE pay cut too. UGH. I was just mad and took it out on dh. It wasn't really right.
So far tonight I've done 2 loads of laundry, made taco meat, and drank a lot of iced coffee. Now I'm thawing ground beef to make salisbury steaks.
Yum on the taco meat and salisbury steaks.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good Morning My wonderful ladies of the thread et el (LOL)

Thank you so much ladies...I really appreciate it.. I told him how proud I was of him and didn't show a lemon ugly face.. and your right Lynn...(as Sue Knows and Lonykins too) I tend to worry and worry and worry and worry and worry...and it's a good thing that hasn't rubbed off on my son.. I am so serious...if it had I would have died...the good thing is he tells me all the time OMG MOM I could never live like you do worrying about something...

Lynn... I am just going to roll with punches.. it has always bothered me since he was born...that he was going to some day leave...but the way your friend deals with stuff is awesome....I looked at his face and he was so happy and he said to me OMG Momma I am going off to college.. so I don't want to Melinda Moaner is mood...he should be proud of himself.. and that is only 1 out of the 7 schools responding....he said that only USC is the one he applied for that he really didn't have the qualifications for.. he was hoping for a miracle... he was already told by USC last week by mail, that he wasn't chosen for Merit scholarships...

Anyway so Chewie....I too hope your day gets better and Mona are you cooking something today??? I was going to go to Walfarts.. but I would have gotten there at 7:40 and it would have been a mad house...Lynn.. what a beautiful AV...

Ok well I am going to have some V8 juice....it doesn't taste as salty as it once did...
That is Laguna..Melinda.

While your child may not share it..they are excited about going to college...but, they have their own concerns too about going away..making friends...dealing with roommates...laundry...scheduling...waking up on time...all the things that will be new to them...he already knows it is going to be hard on you..so, of course you can let him know you will miss him..but, that you will be fine..and you will. They (he) will ALWAYS call you if they (he) needs you. After the initial change depending on where he goes...you will find you do exactly that...roll with the punches..and you will find you are still dealing with things..just different things.

My kids remember what kind of Mom I was and often remind me...on one of my son's birthday's..he emailed me and said..thank you for having me......and your son will remember too....and yep...they sometimes bring up the stupid things you did..LOL

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 02-01-2013 at 08:45 AM..
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #25

Quote:

oh melinda that is WONDERFUL!!! i am soo soo happy! yeah the scholarships and stuff come in separate letters! is he happY?

vanderbilt is actually saying now that he didn't send in the common app to them and he DID i got a conformation email from it i am just so disappointed that he isn't even getting considered wheaten or not if he actually got in KWIM? i told them maybe one of the numbers was off or somthing ack
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #26

thank you all soo very much for the well wishes for Ken SIGH they guy he was supposed to talk to to get it straightened out LEFT before Ken could get there! i reckon he went off and threatened to call bentonville on them and another supervisor started reviewing EVERYTHING to keep him from calling Bentonville and he looked at Ken and said "This should not even be a Step 2 or even on here" about the mess up a month or so back that Ken fixed before the end of shift so IDK what will happen Monday THAT supervisor said he didn't know anything about the time clock stuff but he would try to find out so IDK if he will be fired Monday or what but at least he got one more shift in

we got a little snow too but all that rain and the cold temp made ICE i should have been out and got my shopping done before the crowds(first of the month and friday EEK) but we also had NO SCHOOL today

Steven's alarm went off and he thought i had not got up so he came upstairs towake ME! he didn't get to sleep in at all
Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #27

Deb, it sounds like one of the supervisor's is doing the right thing here. Maybe it'll all work out. You really can't help anything by worrying, though. I will keep this in my prayers. HUGS
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #28

Lynn you are such an amazing person...you really can see what's inside my head and heart...I know I have given him a good foundation....and independence...a good head on his shoulder, so far knock wood..

I guess it may be time to take up pole dancing!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #29

Deb. he is excited.....but he said that was his last choice....what a time of his life......
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Lynn you are such an amazing person...you really can see what's inside my head and heart...I know I have given him a good foundation....and independence...a good head on his shoulder, so far knock wood..

I guess it may be time to take up pole dancing!
YES!