Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
OMG Lony....I went to get something out of my cubby hole in my vehicle today and there was the little home made thank you to you from all my grand kids. Geez!!!!!
It is going to be way late but I am still sending it!! I recall putting it in there thinking I would get a stamp and mail it but guess what.....yup. I forgot about it. Out of site...out of mind.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Thats just what we always use. Keeps the membranes moist.
I should give it a try.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post

Good one Mona!

Lucky....I'm so glad he got another job so quick. If it is a driving job it doesn't surprise me. Lots of good drivers are needed.

Chewie...I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
Eliza...... We told you that it would all turn out good for you!!

Hi to everyone.....I got my room cleaned today! Well kind of....it still looks like I need to do some touch ups on it. Sweet dreams to all!!!
Thanks, Sue!

on the room cleaning!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #214

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
OMG Lony....I went to get something out of my cubby hole in my vehicle today and there was the little home made thank you to you from all my grand kids. Geez!!!!!
It is going to be way late but I am still sending it!! I recall putting it in there thinking I would get a stamp and mail it but guess what.....yup. I forgot about it. Out of site...out of mind.
I never thought twice about it.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Hello Everyone!!!

I was going to say, "How the Heck are You?!" but I read through some posts and apparently some of you are not doing so great.

Mona, I am sorry your workmate had to do that! on her (in my mind that smilie dude is blowing raspberries) I hope your day goes better tomorrow. Any difference in the bursitis?

Chewie, when it rains it pours.Hope it is a cheap and easy fix on the water heater. Hope ds feels better soon.

Lucky, so glad to hear someone has a job! Now, this is your son, right? It was your son in law who was the truck driver? How is he doing?

This weekend seemed to fly by. Friday I had tons to do before getting to ds' regional/divisional swim meet. He did great in the prelims on Fri night and qualified to race in all the finals of the events he did in the prelims. He did drop some more time but sadly still did not get a state qualifying time although he was very close. He was happy with his performance and with his decision to switch high schools. His former team was there and had he still been on that team he wouldn't have been able to participate in the meet this weekend. His former team has too many good swimmers and each school is only allowed 3 maybe 4 swimmers per event. My son was happy because he got to be in it and dropped time.

Watched the Super Bowl last night. My son also wanted the Ravens to win. My favorite commercial was the Tide Commercial where the guy spilled salsa on his 49ers Jersey and it left an image of Joe Montana, then the wife (a Ravens fan) washes it in Tide to get the "stain" out.That was a good one cuz it zinged you right at the very end!

I have been cleaning/vacuuming, doing the daily chores and going through knitting supplies. Starting a pair of socks now that I have finished the cowl/infinity scarf. I can't get the guage right and may have to go buy the double pointed needles in a larger size.

I am also trying to print off 42 Oil Lamps for a Lenten Ornament Exchange this week. It is not an easy task especially as my tech skills are seriously limited. Fortunately, oldest came home and kinda came to my rescue. Now dh is trying to figure out how to format the page so the image is the size I want. The picture program in windows either had 9 per page or the next level of 35 and of course I need something in between! LOL

Have a good night/week everyone! Going to be in the 50s here all week long.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #216

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Kcmama....I loved that commercial as well lolol. Awesome job your son did congrats.".,

Eluzakins!!! I knew you would do fantastic!!

Last edited by crazyone; 02-04-2013 at 07:24 PM..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

kcmama...I also liked the Tide commercial. I liked the Paul Harvey on Farmers also. I didn't care for the women kissing the young guy or the nursing home one either. But then maybe I am just a Susie downer because I thought the half time show was awful. Geez...just what every young girl should be watching. Half naked woman spreading her legs open on national tv. And we wonder why our girls have self image problems. I know.....I'm old and not hip! I disliked Madonna last year also.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #218

BIG NEWS!!!! .

Fallout Boy is coming out with a new album!! Sonny boy is happy!!

lOL
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been looking up recipes for cup cakes using cake mixes that you add things to. Now I want cake at 10:00!! LOL I hope to have all the grand kids here to spend the night Friday and we are going to decorate Valentine cookies and cup cakes. I think we will do individual little home made pizzas for supper. They can all fix their own. Breakfast will be heart shaped pancakes I think. I found an easy way to fix them on Pintrest of course!! LOL
I'm sure by noon on Sat. I will be ready to send them all home!!!!
Lony....if you get a minute go check out the 2 cake mix recipes I found. Let me know what you think. The first one with the yogurt would be really easy. The second one that taste like a wedding cake would be wonderful also. They are on Pintrest.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #220

I want r
To be your grandkid! How much fun!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #221

Quote:
I've been looking up recipes for cup cakes using cake mixes that you add things to. Now I want cake at 10:00!! LOL I hope to have all the grand kids here to spend the night Friday and we are going to decorate Valentine cookies and cup cakes. I think we will do individual little home made pizzas for supper. They can all fix their own. Breakfast will be heart shaped pancakes I think. I found an easy way to fix them on Pintrest of course!! LOL
Lony....if you get a minute go check out the 2 cake mix recipes I found. Let me know what you think. The first one with the yogurt would be really easy. The second one that taste like a wedding cake would be wonderful also. They are on Pintrest.
Sue the wedding cupcakes look good. It is pretty much how I do wedding cakes but instead of the oil I use 1 cut of melted butter (YES one cup per cake mix). So two thumbs up on that!

Last edited by Lony; 02-04-2013 at 08:50 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #222

Up for another day! DH has the day off and because he works the night shift, he stays up at night. This man roams about the downstairs like a bull in a china shop. I have asked him to stay upstairs in the game room where there is another TV, or in his music room, but no.... ....he has to absolutely roam through the kitchen, which is downstairs close to the master bedroom, and open and close cabinets and drop stuff.

Woke me up twice, I'm a light sleeper. The second time it was at 3:26 am and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't fall asleep again. I lost 2 hrs. of sleep!

Everyone have a great Tuesday!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning and "thanks" Lony. I like the butter idea. Anything is better with butter. Do you use this in any type of cake? I was thinking of maybe a stawberry cake. I know they like that flavor. When we were waiting for Layla to arrive we stopped in at a cup cake shop. OMG.....I have never had such wonderful tasting cup cakes. I don't know what or how they make them taste so good. Not to mention how pretty they are.
Melinda...you can come be one of my grand babies any day!!
Eliza.....Pay back at the right moment. That will help him understand maybe.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Up for another day! DH has the day off and because he works the night shift, he stays up at night. This man roams about the downstairs like a bull in a china shop. I have asked him to stay upstairs in the game room where there is another TV, or in his music room, but no.... ....he has to absolutely roam through the kitchen, which is downstairs close to the master bedroom, and open and close cabinets and drop stuff.

Woke me up twice, I'm a light sleeper. The second time it was at 3:26 am and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't fall asleep again. I lost 2 hrs. of sleep!

Everyone have a great Tuesday!
ELIZAKINS!!!!! I woke up early too and I wanted to run in here and say good morning first to you!!!! I am sorry about your hubs....my house is so small that I can hear when hubs comes home, how many times he opens the fridge and then eating sunflower seeds.. so I feel you on that sister...I hope your day is fantastic.....and you make up for that lost rest tonight....
Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #225

Lucky.. by the way congrats to your son in law.. that is wonderful news....

Sue...I swear if my time comes to be a grandmother I have to mold myself after you...well I can't do crafts but I swear your like the best grandmother ever...so I read a few places that people who are doing low carb..put butter in their coffee.. I read that 4 times....imagine????

Lonykins.. I just picture in my mind you being the best baker and cook.....

Deb...I just had to tell you, I hope you read this.... that gas has gone up 59 cents here from last month, and so far this month in the last 4 days.....26 cents....some places even the regular unleaded is over 4 bucks.. and they say it's because the tensions in the middle east....which is every day.. so why now the hike??? the investors are investing earlier they say...how %*$*$ing absurd....and here it's not going up 2 cents.. it goes up like 15 cents at a pop.. well anyway I just had to tell you, I don't know if your experiencing that there...

So it's 5:16 am and I have been up like Elizakins since 3:23 am..and boy I need my beauty sleep...
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 AM   #226

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning. Today is going to be a good day. I am going to be positive.

DS14 is still home sick. I gave him some cold med and he went back to bed. I have to take older ds for a refill on his ADD med at 10:20. I might take younger one to the walk-in later for a strep test. I don't know yet. Crazy!!!!

Today I'm making that Puerto Rican marinated pork---it has to cook 6-7 hours. I will get it going about noon. YUM

We had chili dogs last night. I ate about 1/2 or a tad more. LOL I always think I can eat more which is still a pretty modest amount and then I can't even finish that. I don't like the feeling I get if I take a bite or 2 too many. I get bad pains in my upper stomach---it is not fun at all and sometimes I have to stand by the sink or trash can cause I have throw up a few times too. I try to avoid that feeling everyday, every time I eat. Whoever thinks that surgery is the easy way out is dead wrong. It is hard.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #227

Quote:
Many many hugs, Chewie!

Are you working out on the bike? Great job! 35 min is a lot!
I try to do more on the treadmill and then finish on the bike. I sweat up a ton though cause I am so out of shape. What shape???? A circle.
Hope all appliances get fixed and back to normal in no time.
I don't know when he's going to fix it(He said he might work ot on Thursday) but come to find out, there is hot water just not a ton so quick showers are a necessity. I wish I knew that yesterday. Oh well, no biggie.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #228

Quote:
Well, what do you know....I was the first one to be observed this morning. School day starts at 8, she came in at 8:25. Went well, already got the feedback she filled out online, so I have calmed down.
That's great.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #229

Quote:
Oh how fun. You are such a great gma!!!!!! I am also making pancakes on Saturday. I've been craving them and now that both boys are on lc, I'm making them lc with almond flour. I hope I can find some fresh blueberries for them.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #230

Oh no, sorry about your lost sleep, Eliza. It's going to be a long day for you. HUGS

Melinda--gas prices are crazy again. It seems it goes up every single day.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #231

NSV: a new blouse to me that I wore 2 weeks ago is noticeably larger on me!!!! Almost too big now. LOL I am in-between sizes and have nothing to wear. 18/20 is a bit too tight but next up size is too big. WTH??????
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #232

Quote:
Good morning and "thanks" Lony. I like the butter idea. Anything is better with butter. Do you use this in any type of cake? I was thinking of maybe a stawberry cake. I know they like that flavor. When we were waiting for Layla to arrive we stopped in at a cup cake shop. OMG.....I have never had such wonderful tasting cup cakes. I don't know what or how they make them taste so good. Not to mention how pretty they are.
Melinda...you can come be one of my grand babies any day!!
Eliza.....Pay back at the right moment. That will help him understand maybe.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Sue it does work with flavored cakes. It will just not have as strong of a flavor because of the added ingredients. I am thinking about playing around with adding jello powder or kool aid to the mix to give it a stronger flavor. I have not done it yet, but I think I will give it a shot.

I use that basic recipe for all of my cakes. It is super wonderful!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #233

Good morning sunshines. It is going to be another beautiful day. Last day of having the hubs home and then he leaves for two weeks.

Sounds like today is going to be a better day for everyone but Eliza.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good morning sunshines. It is going to be another beautiful day. Last day of having the hubs home and then he leaves for two weeks.

Sounds like today is going to be a better day for everyone but Eliza.
Enjoy your good weather and your last day with Mike.

I'm leaving to take ds to the dr. BBL
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning! It's raining here after being dry for awhile.

KCMana, bursitis pain still there but not as bad in some ways. Still can't sleep on my side for very long though. That sucks. I hate sleeping on my back.

Lony I hope your enjoy your day with the DH before he has to leave for 2 weeks.

Sue those pix of the cakes look so good! Good on you for getting your craft room cleaned up. When I have my vacation time at the end of the month I plan on getting my "2nd" living room unpacked and dejunked. It's sort of become our catchall for crapola.

Chewie I'm sure your pork will turn out fabulous! Hope your DS14 gets well soon.

Eliza I'm sorry your DH woke up up during the night.

Lucky that is great news that your S-I-L got a job so soon.

What is everyone up to today? After I relax for a bit I'm going to make us some tacos. I need to use the taco meat from the fridge and freeze the rest. I might make myself half a tostada though....DH is more into tacos.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
NSV: a new blouse to me that I wore 2 weeks ago is noticeably larger on me!!!! Almost too big now. LOL I am in-between sizes and have nothing to wear. 18/20 is a bit too tight but next up size is too big. WTH??????
Just for you Chewie!!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the info on the cake Lony.
The birds are once again singing as if Spring is here. It's going to be in the mid 60's again today. Squirrels are running everywhere out back here in the pecan trees!!
Melinda.....OMG....butter in coffee???? Why I wonder. I am crazy enough to just go try it. It sounds awful.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Chewie congrats on your clothes being bigger. Yea!!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #239

Quote:
Just for you Chewie!!
Thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #240

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the cake Lony.
The birds are once again singing as if Spring is here. It's going to be in the mid 60's again today. Squirrels are running everywhere out back here in the pecan trees!!
Melinda.....OMG....butter in coffee???? Why I wonder. I am crazy enough to just go try it. It sounds awful.
You know when people are on low carb and they say they aren't getting enough fat.. so I have read on different sites where people drop butter in their coffee.. I don't have the heart to waste my butter!!! LOLOL! or my luck it will taste so good, I will get addicted....

OMG Sue.. I found this recipe.. that I am going to show you at the office...I am telling you.. people are evil!!! LOL!!