Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #2251
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good Morning Sunshines! It is a beautiful day.

Chewie sorry about your friends. When I got a divorce I was on cloud 9!

Mona if the former owners had cats that peed on the carpet, it could be in the wood sub floor. That is going to be tough to get out!

Melinda I am very proud of your son! That band teacher is going to get his in the end and I hope that Sonny Boy is driving the karma bus that runs him over.

Have fun shopping Sue!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #2252

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
NSV: yesterday my ds18 had to pick me up when I dropped off my van. I got in his big truck and just put on my seatbelt. He said "Wow, mom, the seatbelt fits and you got in like nothing!" It was awesome! I forgot I could never get up in his truck very easily and could not even fasten the seatbelt. It's a 1996 and the belt kind of sticks and I was so big I couldn't get it over me. How sad is that???? I was happy and he said he was impressed and proud of me. What a sweetie!
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #2253

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
NSV: yesterday my ds18 had to pick me up when I dropped off my van. I got in his big truck and just put on my seatbelt. He said "Wow, mom, the seatbelt fits and you got in like nothing!" It was awesome! I forgot I could never get up in his truck very easily and could not even fasten the seatbelt. It's a 1996 and the belt kind of sticks and I was so big I couldn't get it over me. How sad is that???? I was happy and he said he was impressed and proud of me. What a sweetie!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #2254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Way to go, Chewie!!!
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #2255

Good morning Lucky!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #2256

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Lonykins... Thank you....and Good Morning...and I think I am experiencing a stupid plateau already....and I did my 25 minutes of walking today......and just grrrr to today...

Chewie.. awesome.. congrats...

Lucky.. good morning...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #2257
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Morning all..found this on the Sprout's website...it opened here yesterday...going to go check it out today...

Thought it sounded yummy...

Ingredients

Marinade:

1/4 cup balsamic or red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 Tbsp. dried thyme
1 Tbsp. dried rosemary
1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1 small white or purple eggplant (1/4 pound), sliced into 2-inch-thick rounds
3 baby summer squash
3 baby zucchini
3 baby patty pan squash
1/2 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, left whole
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 2-inch-wide slices
1/2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 2-inch-wide slices
Fresh basil leaves, for garnish

Instructions

1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a glass jar; shake well. (This can be made ahead and refrigerated up to 4 days.)

2. Place all vegetables in a large glass dish or plastic container with lid. Pour marinade over all; toss well to coat. Let sit 30 minutes to 2 hours.

3. Preheat grill to medium-hot. Remove vegetables from marinade and place on grill; use a grilling basket for smaller pieces. Grill until tender, 5-10 minutes per side. Transfer to a large platter. Garnish with fresh basil.

If you can't find baby vegetables, use larger ones and cut into 2-inch pieces. If you have time, salt the eggplant and squash; leave in a colander for 30 minutes to draw out extra moisture, then rinse and pat dry.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #2258

Lynn...that sounds awesome....wonder if it can be just served like a dressing over veggies.. I like Sprouts.. it's a bit overpriced.. well some things alot....but I get their ad paper and they have some berries on sale for .99 cents...and I love the bulk bins....OMG....could stand their for days looking at everything...
Old 02-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #2259
Big Yapper!!!!

I am hoping it is nice...they built it from the bottom up...a whole new building..so, I have lots of this type of store really close..within two miles..and I am hoping the competition keeps prices fairly reasonable......our TJ's is great...F&Easy could be in trouble..there are SO many here..I have about 4 within a 3 mile radius...so, Sprout's is a welcome addition...our Whole Food's is kind of a hike...but, I like to go there anyway...with gas prices so freaking ridiculous...the closer stores might win out for awhile.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #2260
Big Yapper!!!!

I have been to Sprout's at a different location...I found the prices a bit high on some things...more comparable to WF's...where TJ's is much more reasonable...aside from the meat.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #2261

the gas prices are killing us....and I saw where the price of oil dropped 4 bucks and we got a 4 cent hike...it is unreal this time of the year, these prices are unreal.. talk about a gouge.. I swear..
Old 02-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #2262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I have 2 grocery stores in a 13 mile radius of my home.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #2263

I only go to Sprouts if there are things in the ads that are worth it.. we eat a lot of Brussels sprouts, and green beans.. and they always have like butternut squash at an amazing price..their frozen veggies when on sale I hop down there.. but I don't go unless I see the ad paper first.. Sprout's meats are so sky high...so I bypass that.. LOL....but the bins...well those are way too fun..
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #2264

I have 7 markets.. not including the Trader joes, Sprouts....Walfarts....so that's why I scan every ad...speaking of which I better get going to my sale...I know every tom, dick and harry will be at that ground beef one day sale..
Old 02-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #2265

Y'all are lucky ducks! Nothing close here but that is good. Keeps me from running around and spending money.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #2266

Just made my appt for my first ever pedicure. Woohoo!!! It is next Friday at 2! I think I want to get hot pink polish.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #2267

Nice Chewie, if it were me I would add some rhinstones to that hot pink polish
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #2268

I am wearing blue.....and not just ordinary blue....but it is the color of the google blue only brighter....
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #2269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Chewie congrats on your NSV on getting into the truck and using the seatbelt with ease! Enjoy your pedicure!

My DH is so silly. I bought these super tiny tangerines because I thought they would be good portion control. I peeled one for DH and he popped the whole thing in his mouth instead of breaking it into segments. hahah!

Today I'm roasting a random (1) chicken breast I found in the freezer, and along with it I'm roasting some plum tomatoes, red peppers, and garlic to make a sauce. You roast it and put it in the food processor along with a bit of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. It goes on top of meatloaf. Got my ground beef thawing in the microwave now. I also need to make my eggplant dish today before my eggplant goes bad. I read they only keep a few days in the fridge.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #2270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda I'm sorry to hear your DS had another incident with his band teacher. He is almost free of him. Sheesh!

Lony OMGosh I hope the cat pee isn't in the wood. I am going to use my steam cleaner and see if that helps.

Sue enjoy your errands with your DH. Your food sounds yummy. How is your plan going?

Lynn that recipe sounds very healthy! I don't like most of the veggies but I'm sure other people will love it.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #2271

Lonykins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Mona your a cooking machine! I got my ground beef.....and I am going to cook a bunch.....for Tacos tonight.....freeze the rest and be ahead for Sunday.. And I am going to make a few meatballs and freeze for Sunday....

My house has been nice and tidy and it's starting to go back to the other way.....thanks boys....so I am going to retidy as well..
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #2272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I was purging my freezer I found some taco meat and meatballs. Yay! But I need to eat the fresh veggies that I bought first. I also bought some cabbage, some broccoli slaw, and a head of cauliflower. The cabbage is for coleslaw and maybe some stirfries? The slaw is for Crack Slaw. And for the cauliflower I'd like to use half for riced cauli, and the other half for the smoked gouda bake.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #2273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Mona....I worked with carpet guys for yrs. and they always said once you get "pee" in the carpet it goes down into the padding also. There is no way to get it out in the padding and yes it will go on down into the floor. You can hide it with smell good and cleaning the carpet but the smell WILL come back. As far as the eating plan goes....it is going great!! (knock on wood and not to get cocky) I know in a blink of an eye something can set me off and I would be hunting something carb-y to eat! How about you? Are you on the LC eating trail yet?

Lynn....I am going to keep that recipe. It sounds really good!

Melinda....you were talking about Sprouts the other day also and then today. I thought you were talking about the kind of sprouts you eat!! I was going to tell you that I used to grow my own!
Lony....I had fun shopping alright. I ended up buying a new mattress. A king size!! Hubs has always wanted a King so I figure before we both go to the great hunting lodge in the sky we should get us one!! He threw the railing in but now I have to go buy the bedding which doesn't come cheap. I think I'll go look around for some sales or discounts.

It's my lunch time ladies!! It will be a turkey salad sandwich, a few pork rinds (Oink-Oink) and maybe some jello with a cup of coffee.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Oksue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #2274

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie sending prayers to your friend....,you have always tons everyday.....if it was me I would be out like a light...I am a binge/starve person....terrible habit.....it really gets to me when I do really well, walking.....and the scale doesn't move so since teen hood this is the cycle I can't help but go thru....wish I could break it....I do need to stop for sure.....for the past 4 days my body is holding the weight like a glove.....maybe TOM....don't know...

Elizakins....have a great day today..

Good morning everybody.,.

I picked up my son last night...and boy you would think the team lost by a 100 points....he was angry and grumpy....and he proceeded to tell me that he finally had it out with that band teacher.....again he embarrassed my son in front of a bunch of other kids.....my son said he had had it and threw down the tenor harness......at the top of his lungs told the teacher if we can talk privately....went into another room and my son laid into him....of course the idiot band teacher said some horrible things back to him.....but he chose the wrong person this teacher to argue with.....remember my son won the golden gavel for debate.....Inside all of you MoMs, you know I want to go down and rip this man's face off...I told my son I was proud of him for sticking up for himself.....it's something I never had the courage to do.....so when I do now, people don't take me seriously....example like the crap I am going thru with my brother atthe moment....

I hate that man for ruinning the game for him,,,

Well I better get to walking....

mona it could be old urine showing up but it still should have floresed some and some furballs can smell worse than the bathroom stuff i hope you can locate it any luck finding the enzyme cleaners?? i think you can put it in the carpet cleaner too

oh i have read that "anti icky poo" LOL gets the really rough deep oders sorry i didn't remember
Melinda would your DH have any suggestions?? i know they would have to use strong stuff at shelters
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #2275

Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #2276

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I have 2 grocery stores in a 13 mile radius of my home.
i have ONE within 7 miles and then there are 2 in williamsburg 15 miles away
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #2277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

mona it could be old urine showing up but it still should have floresed some and some furballs can smell worse than the bathroom stuff i hope you can locate it any luck finding the enzyme cleaners?? i think you can put it in the carpet cleaner too

oh i have read that "anti icky poo" LOL gets the really rough deep oders sorry i didn't remember
Melinda would your DH have any suggestions?? i know they would have to use strong stuff at shelters
Yes Deb, I did buy some of the enzyme cleaner too. I did spray it on the kitty hairball spot. But I can't go spraying that over the entire carpet. I was really hoping to find some obvious pee spots! I also spent a small fortune on a different type of cat litter box and special litter and attractant...thinking it was Tinycat at fault. But if she's not doing it then I might return the stuff I havent' used yet.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Mona....I worked with carpet guys for yrs. and they always said once you get "pee" in the carpet it goes down into the padding also. There is no way to get it out in the padding and yes it will go on down into the floor. You can hide it with smell good and cleaning the carpet but the smell WILL come back. As far as the eating plan goes....it is going great!! (knock on wood and not to get cocky) I know in a blink of an eye something can set me off and I would be hunting something carb-y to eat! How about you? Are you on the LC eating trail yet?

Lynn....I am going to keep that recipe. It sounds really good!

Melinda....you were talking about Sprouts the other day also and then today. I thought you were talking about the kind of sprouts you eat!! I was going to tell you that I used to grow my own!
Lony....I had fun shopping alright. I ended up buying a new mattress. A king size!! Hubs has always wanted a King so I figure before we both go to the great hunting lodge in the sky we should get us one!! He threw the railing in but now I have to go buy the bedding which doesn't come cheap. I think I'll go look around for some sales or discounts.

It's my lunch time ladies!! It will be a turkey salad sandwich, a few pork rinds (Oink-Oink) and maybe some jello with a cup of coffee.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
SUe sometimes you can catch them on sale i was lucky Betty had given me a set"just in case i ever got one" you should have heard her get on ken that i needed a king in my new bedroom so the day we buried he he went to sams and bought me the king size suite
anyways SOMETIMES you can find the sheets sets on a good sale i got 2 flannel sets for 25 bucks a piece and was tickled to death most of the times they are 100+ for it even more if they have the dust ruffle etc with it i am glad for you! it is a big adjustment though! we got the mattress with the memory foam on top(not all the way through) i can't even tell ken is in the bed LOL(unless he hasn't got his CPAP on
CONGATUALTIONS
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #2279

Hi again. Got some good news---finally. My van only needs an alignment and some new tires. We knew about the tires already. So they are going to do the alignment and dh will get the tires probably online. It's tons cheaper or he might go to Sam's. It's hard when he works 6 days a week though.

I just had some chicken enchilada soup. It was really good cause when I got home the house was only 56 degrees. BRRRR I could only eat a few tablespoons though cause it has a lot of chicken in it. It filled me up quick. I'm going to have some more later.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #2280

LOL Sue you shop like I do!

I got two miles of walking in. Ran to the post office and paid my storage. I need to order some checks for my bank account. I dislike having to go buy money orders to pay the storage. LOL They are the only ones that I can't pay online and they don't take debit/credit cards. What the heck is up with that?!?!?!

I have drank 48 oz of water, two cups of coffee and now I am getting hungry.