Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #2101
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
My day today (prepare to be bored) This is my life, pretty much every day. I should've married a millionaire.

5:35 - get out of bed
5:45 - 6:00 - change kitty litter, make coffee, iron my work clothes
6:00 - 6:30 - let the animals out and back in, pack lunch, refill animals' water, quick check of morning news and Facebook on the iPad, pick up odds and ends around the kitchen so it's nice and clean when I come back
6:30- 6:50 - shower, dress, last calendar check
6:50 - 7:30 - commute to work
7:30 -11:15 - work
11:15 -11:45 - lunch
11:45 - 3:15 - work, first bathroom break for the day at 12:30
3:15 - 4:30 - tutoring
4:30 - 4:50 - waiting outside in the wind for late parents, calling both parents, no answer
4:50- 5:05 - take abandoned student to the office and deal with how we are going to get him home, neither parent answering phone, principal agrees to drive student home
5:05 - 5:45 - commute back home
5:45 - 6:00 - short break and check of Facebook, etc.
6:00 - 6:20 - prepping dinner and putting it in the oven (put some whole potatoes to roast in the crock this morning, so it's just chicken and asparagus that I had to fix)
6:20 - 7:10ish - online test calibration for work (mandatory)
7:10 and beyond - dinner and rest, the timer just went off so dinner must be ready. Hope I can get the guys to clean this once. Thankfully, no papers to grade.

This is my boring life every workday and I'm so tired.
Your making a big difference in these kid's lives.. I would to anything for that....though I understand you want a personal life....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #2102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
A lil rant coming............When did lenses get so expensive. Went to get my new glasses prescription filled. Keep in mind - very simple lens............no frames. $400+ after taxes. This just seems so wrong to me. Just for the lens? I know it's been a couple years, but when I got sunglasses in my prescription about 3 years ago it cost me less than $50. Ok - I'm done. Still have to get them........but still.
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #2103

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Elizakins.. bet it looks so good!!!!! You Texas Cutie!!!

I cannot relate to school closings due to weather or lice.. I am so serious.. our schools are closed for furlough days...but LAUSD is the 2nd largest school district behind New York...I think there are over 800 schools and serves over 700,000 kids.. so I can't see any school closing for weather or lice....
whitley's(steven's) and corbin are out due to illness Kenny said Ashleys' youngest sister has real influenza so that would put her out of school for weeks
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #2104

Oh Jeese Deb.. hope she feels better...

Linda....I hear you.. that's why I go to Walfarts...it stinks....seriously.. medical stuff goes sky high and it makes my brain explode...
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #2105

Quote:
Heya LindaBinda....

Deb.. jeese... how horrible.....It got up to 80 today.. send you my weather??
thanks but i am waiting on a bit of the snow still i sure aint ready for the hot weather back gosh at the weight i have regained whew i really won't be able to breath
Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #2106

Well I walked a total of 35 minutes today.. I just huffed and puffed and did 10 more minutes...

My menu was

Iced coffee
Iced tea
strip of bacon
a few peanuts
a half a cup of ice cream
a cup of soup broth

That's it..wonder if I can move the lousy scale tomorrow morning.. see that's what happens I lose for a week or two and nothing after that unless I starve..I got back down to 341 this morning.. and I don't think I am going to lose 50 by Saturday...
Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #2107

did you guys see where Sis's DH passed away last night?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/be...r-husband.html
Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #2108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
My day today (prepare to be bored) This is my life, pretty much every day. I should've married a millionaire.

5:35 - get out of bed
5:45 - 6:00 - change kitty litter, make coffee, iron my work clothes
6:00 - 6:30 - let the animals out and back in, pack lunch, refill animals' water, quick check of morning news and Facebook on the iPad, pick up odds and ends around the kitchen so it's nice and clean when I come back
6:30- 6:50 - shower, dress, last calendar check
6:50 - 7:30 - commute to work
7:30 -11:15 - work
11:15 -11:45 - lunch
11:45 - 3:15 - work, first bathroom break for the day at 12:30
3:15 - 4:30 - tutoring
4:30 - 4:50 - waiting outside in the wind for late parents, calling both parents, no answer
4:50- 5:05 - take abandoned student to the office and deal with how we are going to get him home, neither parent answering phone, principal agrees to drive student home
5:05 - 5:45 - commute back home
5:45 - 6:00 - short break and check of Facebook, etc.
6:00 - 6:20 - prepping dinner and putting it in the oven (put some whole potatoes to roast in the crock this morning, so it's just chicken and asparagus that I had to fix)
6:20 - 7:10ish - online test calibration for work (mandatory)
7:10 and beyond - dinner and rest, the timer just went off so dinner must be ready. Hope I can get the guys to clean this once. Thankfully, no papers to grade.

This is my boring life every workday and I'm so tired.
Eliza - I am soooooo impressed in all you do. And what you do too. There is no time in there for daydreaming. You are such a busy gal. We are lucky you take the time to give us a shout out...........Yeah Eliza..........we love you!!!!

Linda
Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #2109

Don't who that is Deb.. but I am very sorry for her loss..
Old 02-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #2110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Heya LindaBinda....

Deb.. jeese... how horrible.....It got up to 80 today.. send you my weather??
Melinda - I read your post today about the school sending home notes regarding kids and being fat. Then tonight on the news - they were doing a segment about how so many parents don't see their kids as fat or obese............I literally gaped at the tv - give me a break - there is no way that you can't see it. Maybe they want to sugarcoat how they are feeding their kids/too much drive through - but - yeah - they know. I get so disgusted with the news - wonder why I watch it sometimes.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #2111

Linda..I had to stop watching the news period because of the politics in Washington and the sequester stuff going on.. you know their man made disaster they created....I was getting so angry and just depressed from it.. so now I am spell binded by this Jodi Arias trial...

But to your point to be honest Linda.. I never saw my kid as fat.. my hubs did...he used to tell me that he thought sonny boy was getting too chubby and he was afraid our son was going to be fat like us.. and I used to get livid and angry at my hubs...but I guess I was lucky because my son automatically wanted to do something.. after a comment the doctor made to him...the doctor was subbing for his regular doctor.. and so he during my son's examination....asked him to take off his shirt.. and right in front of him.. he told me that my son was overweight.. and then he made him lift his arm pits and said he was worried because of some discoloration.. and made me take him to the lab downstairs to check his sugar levels and stuff.. and then that afternoon we went out of town.. can you believe how that ruined that poor kid's trip.. I could see all weekend how his face was sad and he was depressed.. and when he came back from the trip is when he decided to put himself on a diet.. it was just after his 8th grade graduation.. but honestly I never saw my kid as fat..I don't know why.. and he was like 5'1 and about 177,,,
Old 02-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #2112

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Melinda - I read your post today about the school sending home notes regarding kids and being fat. Then tonight on the news - they were doing a segment about how so many parents don't see their kids as fat or obese............I literally gaped at the tv - give me a break - there is no way that you can't see it. Maybe they want to sugarcoat how they are feeding their kids/too much drive through - but - yeah - they know. I get so disgusted with the news - wonder why I watch it sometimes.
My cousin had bypass surgery at 16 because he was over 450 pounds. His parents didn't know how it happened.

Really, freakin really?!?!?! I have been at their house when he was 5 with a giant family size bottle of pepsi and a whole bag of cheese poofs. Sitting on the sofa watching tv eating the whole bag of chips and dowing half the soda in one swig...........AT 5 YEARS OLD!

Tell me again how you don't know it happened.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #2113

Now with the band stuff.. he is about 5'11 165.....
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
My cousin had bypass surgery at 16 because he was over 450 pounds. His parents didn't know how it happened.

Really, freakin really?!?!?! I have been at their house when he was 5 with a giant family size bottle of pepsi and a whole bag of cheese poofs. Sitting on the sofa watching tv eating the whole bag of chips and dowing half the soda in one swig...........AT 5 YEARS OLD!

Well that I never did....if anything I did worse I made crystal light instead of soda...I couldn't get him to down milk....
Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #2115

Quote:
Well that I never did....if anything I did worse I made crystal light instead of soda...I couldn't get him to down milk....
Oh I was not talking about you sweet pea!

Oh the bright side, I have no more greys and no green! Just a medium chestnut brown.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #2116
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda - did you say that the schools were in fact sending out those notes about the kids being fat? I cannot imagine how that could and will affect these poor kids. Everyone will know - there is just no way it can be hidden. Kids are very quick to figure things out. Seems to me this could be just another form of bullying - coming from the school. Hopefully someone will see what a mistake this would be.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #2117

LOL I knew that!!! LOL...My kid doesn't eat enough veggies.. unless I stir fry like zucchini so I really try to do that once a week.. and that top ramen recipe with veggies he loved..

NO doubt you look pretty and sexy there!!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #2118

chesnut is the best color on me too lLony! there was one they discontinued SPICY CHESTNUT that i LOVED
but i on purpose had green hair at the punk rock dance in HS KOOLAID did a=n awesome job!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #2119

Quote:
LOL I knew that!!! LOL...My kid doesn't eat enough veggies.. unless I stir fry like zucchini so I really try to do that once a week.. and that top ramen recipe with veggies he loved..

NO doubt you look pretty and sexy there!!!!
just trying to keep up with you darlin!

I was 20% grey and I had not colored it since September.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #2120

Quote:
Melinda - did you say that the schools were in fact sending out those notes about the kids being fat? I cannot imagine how that could and will affect these poor kids. Everyone will know - there is just no way it can be hidden. Kids are very quick to figure things out. Seems to me this could be just another form of bullying - coming from the school. Hopefully someone will see what a mistake this would be.
Someone else made the comment this morning.. I was just commenting on their post......

Maybe that's what I was saying this morning was that, some parents use schools as babysitters instead of making their children do work at home.. when I couldn't afford a lot of food when my son was little.. I used to go to the produce store and buy 5 carrots 5 oranges and 2 chicken breasts and make that last for 5 days for his lunch.. and I might have added fruit snacks in it...you know some parents don't make the effort...and then you get kids.. like we have here in our schools.. our drop out rates are higher, our scores suck...so I can't believe that parents would care about their kid's diet...and to be honest.. the carby stuff is cheaper here...sometimes it's all we can do...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #2121

Quote:
just trying to keep up with you darlin!

I was 20% grey and I had not colored it since September.
Are you kidding me??? your way passed me!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #2122
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I have a nephew that has always been so heavy. They used to laugh at how much he could eat - encourage him as a little one in the highchair. Used to make me so angry at them. These were loving parents too - I thought it was akin to child abuse, still do as a matter of fact. They put this kid - now 31 on a road to being fat the rest of his life...........and yup - he's up/down with weight - granted he's a big guy - but - he's paying for their failure to take care of him. This stuff just makes my blood boil. Sadly you still see it too often.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #2123

Quote:
i think Sue posted about it
Old 02-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #2124
Major LCF Poster!

I was very aware of both my boys when it came to weight. I know what a burden it is and continues to be for me. Never wanted that for my boys. I wasn't that heavy either when they were young. But since I have never been a skinny minnie gal - knew what could happen. They can put on weight - hey - they are their mother's kids after all, but know how to cut back and eat more healthy. I am so grateful for that - and yet - here their mother can't keep to a healthy program for longer than 2 months at a time. Has to be for the rest of my life - when am I going to get that through my hard head???
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #2125

Steven is fat like me sigh always has been i had them check him and check him at WIC and we could not find the reason for it honestly for what he ate the rate of gaining was unbelievable
only thing that worked for either of us was HCG and with all the emotional upheavals over the past 3 years and us eating junk since Ken's accident we are both bigger again soo since Ken's wreck i certainly know WHY but honestly when he was little no big bag chips no sodas except on special occasions i didn't have money to send with either boy for snacks at school

sometimes it isn't that we don't see it it is nothing WORKS that are suggested to us now we get no exercise NADA but then there was a lot
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #2126
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Deb - I do think it was Sue after all too.

How's Steven's foot? Won't be long till his play is over and done with. Glad that you and Ken got to go - no one could have stopped you - right? Loved all those school events - wouldn't have missed them for anything.

Have you ever had success with anything besides hcg losing weight? I can't seem to stay on track with any diet I try. Well - I shouldn't say diet - it has to be a way to eat the rest of my life. Why can't veggies taste as good as bacon? Why can't we crave veggies the way we do sugar/salt/fat? When I figure it out - or you do - I'll let you know - you do the same, ok?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #2127

ephedra and hcg
Steven just texted he re krilled him=s foot

ack going to go pick him up
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #2128
Major LCF Poster!

Deb - we were posting at the same time. I know how you worry about Steven's weight. I know you would do anything in the world to make it easier for him. I know I spend way too much time worrying/trying/stressing over my weight anymore, almost to the point where I find it just makes me not do anything at all. And while I know that's not the answer - and every week there is a new magazine article about how to lose 30-40 lb by such and such, and while mentally I know that's not doable............it just makes me feel so much more like a failure........depression sets in and rarely leaves for more than a few hours or so. Sorry -didn't mean to depress you even more.

Linda
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #2129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
I hate hearing that about his foot Deb!!!
Massachusetts School Sending Parents Letters Letting Them Know Their Children Are Too Fat « Pat Dollard
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #2130

Linda....I failed there as a mother..at first I was angry with the doctor, still am.....but it made my son do something about his weight. He watches himself now very carefully....and the marching band has been a blessing in keeping him Slim and trim....