Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #2041
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Gnite! Though no doubt your all sleeping already....sweet dreams
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #2042
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello everybody! Happy Wednesday.

I have a follow-up doctor appointment (with my new doc!) this morning at 8am. I'm guessing he's going to want to increase my dosage of meds again as my BP is still tending to be too high. Luckily I haven't had any spikes the past 2 weeks or horrible headaches.

How awesome is my husband? Yesterday UPS knocked on the door and delivered a package for me. This is what was inside. DH was listening when I was grumbling about my dire lack of refridgerator magnets. I love walking by the fridge now....the angry birds make me smile. The little clippy ones are really strong.

Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #2043
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
the whole DISTRICT is out! 9 schools i think if a certain percentage of kids are out they lose too much money and so call off school until the germs have time to retreat
that is one reason why i thought it was really strange cause Steven said NO kids were absent in any of his 5 classes today and that school seemed normally full IDK
I understand now. What you are saying....never once happened when I was attending school in SoCal. Not sure they would ever do that. Melinda have they ever done that during your boy's school career?

Melinda it sounds like your son's study date with the "hot chick" went well. I don't know why he's so adamant about you not offering guests in your home any refreshments. Crazy kids.

How are all the snowed-in people doing today? Digging your way out, I hope!

Lony I hope you've been enjoying time with your hubby.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #2044
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Melinda I was wondering, what do you do with the dogs when your son has friends over? Didn't you say they wouldn't let anyone in the house?
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #2045
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
LOL! I found this gem while I was browsing thru Yahoo. I wonder if this is a misquote, because I can't believe that Jenny McCarthy believes that she is an A-list star.

'Dancing With the Stars': Celebs Who've Turned Down the Show | Photo Gallery - Yahoo! TV
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:38 AM   #2046
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Good morning, everyone, have a great day!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 AM   #2047
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Mona, how sweet of your husband

Deb, hope Steven's foot is better.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 AM   #2048
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning Eliza!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #2049
Junior LCF Member
 
csrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 18
Gallery: csrich
Stats: 317/290/250
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3/5/2013
Restarting soon

I was doing well, and stopped doing the LC by the book. I added a little of this and a little of that. then a little more, or the heck with it a lot of all the stuff I shouldn't have eaten. I haven't been on a scale in a month, but I was 312 at the docs. I will be restarting induction on Monday, as Sunday is my 50th birthday and don't want to not follow the plan so soon for one day.
My goal is 250.
Just wanted to stop in and say hi.
csrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #2050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Howdy csrich. Welcome!!

Boy, I sure know how THAT goes. Carb creep, I mean. Wishing you much success back on plan. I think all of us here have restarted our plan-of-choice within the last week or so. Come on in and pull up a chair.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #2051
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines! Happy Wednesday.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #2052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning MsLonypants! You are up with the chickens this morning! Errr, wait you are on mountain time, right. So it's about 6:30 am over there. I'll bet the sun isn't even up yet though. Did you get Mike all ready to go? I'm having iced coffee right now. Have you had your cuppa yet?
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #2053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
OMGosh these are the most adorable little pot pies I've ever seen! Maybe one day I will try them with LC crust....but I dunno, that is a very high ratio of crust to filling and it might not turn out so well.



Mini Chicken and Broccoli Pot Pies

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis


Serves:
12 mini pies

Ingredients

Vegetable oil cooking spray

Pot Pie Filling:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole milk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 small store-bought rotisserie chicken breast, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup meat)
1 cup broccoli florets, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces, steamed (about 2 ounces)

To Assemble:

All-purpose flour, for dusting
Two 10-inch round unfold-and-bake frozen pie crusts, thawed
1 large egg
Special equipment: 12-cup mini-muffin pan; 3-inch round cookie cutter; 2-inch round cookie cutter

Directions

Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-count mini-muffin pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.

For the pot pie filling: Melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Simmer over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the sauce is thick and smooth, about 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the salt, pepper, Parmesan, chicken and broccoli.

For assembly: On a lightly-floured work surface, roll out the dough 1/8-inch thick. Using the 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 pieces of dough. Using the 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out another 12 pieces of dough. Press the large rounds of dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spoon the sauce into the pastry.

Combine the egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl, using a fork. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture and place the remaining pieces of dough on top. Lightly press the edges of the dough together to seal. Press around the edges of the pies using the tines of a fork. Brush the tops of each pie with the beaten egg. Cut a 1/2-inch-long slit into the top of the pies using a paring knife. Bake until the tops are golden and the filling is bubbling, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #2054
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Good morning MsLonypants! You are up with the chickens this morning! Errr, wait you are on mountain time, right. So it's about 6:30 am over there. I'll bet the sun isn't even up yet though. Did you get Mike all ready to go? I'm having iced coffee right now. Have you had your cuppa yet?
The sun is just coming up. The old man heads back out today for another 15 days. He has to be at the shop at 8am so I am making sure he has everything.

I am working on my first cup of coffee. I cannot function until that is in me.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #2055
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrich View Post
I was doing well, and stopped doing the LC by the book. I added a little of this and a little of that. then a little more, or the heck with it a lot of all the stuff I shouldn't have eaten. I haven't been on a scale in a month, but I was 312 at the docs. I will be restarting induction on Monday, as Sunday is my 50th birthday and don't want to not follow the plan so soon for one day.
My goal is 250.
Just wanted to stop in and say hi.
Welcome to our craziness and happy early birthday!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #2056
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning everyone.....

Mona.....even when I was going to school...I can't recall ever any school closings...the dogs go into my son's bedroom....the girl dog loves everyone.,...but my boy dogs, if we took the dogs out of the house they are great.,,,,but not if you come in here....you know I don't mind that...especially the way hubs woks....

Csrich.....good morning....

Ok time to grab my bra and dress""
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #2057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Time for me to get cleaned up and head out for my doctor appointment.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #2058
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Mona.. Good Luck at the doctor's...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #2059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,378
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good morning and welcome csrich.
Nothing going on here. I am getting ready to head into the kitchen to make another batch of the Make Believe Bread. It's quick and easy to make. Melinda....there is NO way you can't make this. Hubs is loving it as a bun on his sandwiches for lunch. Melinda....my mom used to tell me that can't never could do anything!! If you have a hand mixer you can make them. You know I don't do hard when it comes to cooking.

Mona.....good thoughts for you today at the Drs.. Isn't it great when our hubby surprises us with doing sweet things!! Man...once again you are kicking my butt in the Words game. I just keep trying. I played with a lady once maybe a dozen times. She finally quit playing me. I have no idea why but I would beat her each time. We still play other games together but she won't play Words now.

Deb...how is Steven's foot today?

Lony....So what is your plans for the next 15 days?

Morning Eliza......

Hi to everyone else. Have a good morning!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #2060
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,345
Gallery: lucky51
I made it in to work today, barely. The roads are treacherous. We had another 3" overnight. My husband brought me in and is spending the day at work with me. Why do I think this won't be a productive day?
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #2061
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Sue my mom used to say can't never did anything, Did done it all. Thanks for the grammer lesson mom!

Hummm the next 15 day... Low carb and excercise. That is my job now! It is going to be 52 this weekend so I am going to go out and enjoy some sunshine.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #2062
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I made it in to work today, barely. The roads are treacherous. We had another 3" overnight. My husband brought me in and is spending the day at work with me. Why do I think this won't be a productive day?
Awwww Lucky, good luck!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #2063
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Lucky.. be safe...as I said your weather out there is breaking news here..

SUE!! The love of my life....!!! I have literally tried those things several times...and they do NOT come out...last time I made them they came out crumbly, I tried to pick them up and they crumbled in my hand.... though I never tried them with sour cream....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #2064
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,378
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
How would you mom's feel if the school sent a note home informing you that your child is overweight and needs to see the dr. for some help? I see where that is going on in a school now.
My first thought is for the child. A lot or all of the kids are going to peek and see what the letter says. How degrading for the child! That child will always remember that. I know how it feels as a teen to be pulled out of class for a speech therapist class. It used to be so embarrassing to be one of two kids pulled out of class. I had trouble saying my "S's" and "Th's". I had a thick tongue I guess!! Yes the therapist helped but it could have been handled differently. I was in high school when this happened and you know how teens can feel different than others anyhow!! It would have been better if this would have happened maybe when I was 6, not 16!! It was myself and the boy who had a hearing problem that was only called out of class.
As a mother I wouldn't need a note from the school telling me my child was fat. As if I wasn't aware of the problem? Just teach the children as you should and leave my child alone when it comes to his/her weight problem please. If you want to help please encourage fun games with lots of moving for all the kids at school. Encourage ALL the kids to get out and up when they are at home to play out doors for awhile each day IF possible. Don't send a note telling me the obvious. Geez....just my thoughts.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #2065
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,378
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Sue my mom used to say can't never did anything, Did done it all. Thanks for the grammer lesson mom!

Hummm the next 15 day... Low carb and excercise. That is my job now! It is going to be 52 this weekend so I am going to go out and enjoy some sunshine.
HAAAAAAAAAAA!!! That is so funny because my mom never put the "did done it all on the end of it!!!! That makes more on sense. I'm going to use that with the your addition with little Eli. I told him the other day when he said told me he couldn't do it that can't couldn't never could do anything!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #2066
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Oksue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,378
Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I made it in to work today, barely. The roads are treacherous. We had another 3" overnight. My husband brought me in and is spending the day at work with me. Why do I think this won't be a productive day?
I'm sorry. I just have this picture of you trying to work with hubs there!

I hope the roads get better for you!! The temps should be going up so hopefully all will get better soon.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #2067
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,345
Gallery: lucky51
My granddaddy said "can't never tried."
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #2068
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
How would you mom's feel if the school sent a note home informing you that your child is overweight and needs to see the dr. for some help? I see where that is going on in a school now.
My first thought is for the child. A lot or all of the kids are going to peek and see what the letter says. How degrading for the child! That child will always remember that. I know how it feels as a teen to be pulled out of class for a speech therapist class. It used to be so embarrassing to be one of two kids pulled out of class. I had trouble saying my "S's" and "Th's". I had a thick tongue I guess!! Yes the therapist helped but it could have been handled differently. I was in high school when this happened and you know how teens can feel different than others anyhow!! It would have been better if this would have happened maybe when I was 6, not 16!! It was myself and the boy who had a hearing problem that was only called out of class.
As a mother I wouldn't need a note from the school telling me my child was fat. As if I wasn't aware of the problem? Just teach the children as you should and leave my child alone when it comes to his/her weight problem please. If you want to help please encourage fun games with lots of moving for all the kids at school. Encourage ALL the kids to get out and up when they are at home to play out doors for awhile each day IF possible. Don't send a note telling me the obvious. Geez....just my thoughts.
I had that same problem with the S's and T's and I had to go to a speech therapist... provided by my elementary school...I am sure that was cut here..anyway I think that is nothing short of horrendous.. to get a letter saying your child is overweight.. I am sorry...that's something that is between the parent and the doctor and not the schools...so many people want the "GOVERNMENT" out of their lives and yet this is allowed to happen.. I don't know call me nuts and stupid..but I am appalled of the idea of getting a note saying my child is overweight...and how ironic when P.E. was cut here so bad.. I don't think there is any...It's hard to play outside with all the crime now and stuff..

However what I do blame the parents for his using schools as babysitters.. not making their kids work hard at school and for homework and extra things like reading.. you bet...I made my son read 25 pages a day during elementary school.. and if I thought he was lying to me.. I made him read it out loud to me.. and during the summer, I went to K mart and for 1.29 I got the work book of the year he was going to be in school...so if he was going to be in the 2nd grade come Sept and it was June I bought the 2nd grade workbook and made him do 2 pages a day during the summer.. just so he knew what was coming up....that irks me more than having to send home notes for a child's weight.. I know everyone will disagree.. but grrrr.....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #2069
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
There is this little 6 year old boy out here and his friend suffers from a million in one disease.. I think of the liver.. not sure...and since there is no research being done.. or money.. this little boy wrote a book called Chocolate Bar to raise money for his friend...and I guess Whole Foods donated the actual chocolate bars..that is so awesome.. I swear.. made me cry...how proud must these parents be of this little 6 year old boy...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #2070
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I had that same problem with the S's and T's and I had to go to a speech therapist... provided by my elementary school...I am sure that was cut here..anyway I think that is nothing short of horrendous.. to get a letter saying your child is overweight.. I am sorry...that's something that is between the parent and the doctor and not the schools...so many people want the "GOVERNMENT" out of their lives and yet this is allowed to happen.. I don't know call me nuts and stupid..but I am appalled of the idea of getting a note saying my child is overweight...and how ironic when P.E. was cut here so bad.. I don't think there is any...It's hard to play outside with all the crime now and stuff..

However what I do blame the parents for his using schools as babysitters.. not making their kids work hard at school and for homework and extra things like reading.. you bet...I made my son read 25 pages a day during elementary school.. and if I thought he was lying to me.. I made him read it out loud to me.. and during the summer, I went to K mart and for 1.29 I got the work book of the year he was going to be in school...so if he was going to be in the 2nd grade come Sept and it was June I bought the 2nd grade workbook and made him do 2 pages a day during the summer.. just so he knew what was coming up....that irks me more than having to send home notes for a child's weight.. I know everyone will disagree.. but grrrr.....
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.