Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #1981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
To those dealing with the snow.............you can have it. As a former Ohioan - I know all about the snow/drifts. While it is beautiful coming down initially, the aftermath is just so yucky to deal with. Hate dirty snow - and it just seems to stay around so long, piled along the roads and in the parking lot where they shoved all of it. Sure did like looking at KC's pictures from her garage, that is enough of snow for me.

KC - we have only had about an inch of snow this year. Now, having said that - we'll probably get hit by a big one. Sure hope not. We're very close to the Chesapeake, so even when Baltimore has been hit big even D.C., we usually don't.

Linda
Linda, Ohio, oh my goodness. I can understand why you might not be so thrilled by the prospect of snow! However, we do not usually get a lot of snow. We may get one or two snow events most years and they are usually no more than 5ish". So a foot last week and 10 additional inches this week are truly incredible for us! Last year we only had about 3 inches total all winter. Of course, a year or two before that we did have an awesome snow year as well. We are also thrilled as this will help with the drought. 10" of snow is the equivalent of only 1" of rain.

Oh, roof on a big furniture store in Warrensburg, Mo area has collapsed.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #1982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
KC - nice to know I'm not the only one electronically challenged. I barely manage to use the cell phone. Sometimes that's even a big challenge.

Linda
Amen! And technology keeps changing so rapidly. I might finally learn how to operate one item/system and then new technology comes and I fall further behind on the learning curve.Saw a segment on Google Glass on the Today show this morning. Not sure I like that advancement.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #1983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Do you use bouillon? lol - that sounds like an advertisement. I rarely use it - used to get Trader Joe's - and they are no longer carrying it, but - like to have it available for 'just in case' recipes. Any suggestions?
I like to buy granulated bouillon. Usually lasts me a very long time though as I don't use it often. Tend to go more with broth.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #1984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Another question............anyone ever used the new Kraft indulgence cr cheese mixes and/or the Kraft creamy cooking sauces? The reviews on the indulgence were all good - sounds like it's more like candy. Just curious.
Sorry, no I haven't. But I have heard that they are good from some friends if that helps.

WEll, the washer is done so I shall go transfer clothes to dryer. Need to think about going out to shovel.......don't really want to......
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #1985
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
275 days until THANKSGIVING DAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Melinda, it is just so beautiful outside. Another thing I like when it snows is the sound or lack thereof maybe outside. The snow tends to absorb, dampen sound. Yet, you can also hear the snow and the silence at the same time. It is hard to describe but so so peaceful and comforting!

oh yes a wonderful hush comes over the world

OH MY that is a lot of snow whew! hope everyone stays safe and warm i can't keep from thinking of the baby calves
60s and rain here today they said we might see snow friday

Mona congrats to your DH
MELINDA omg snow cream was a staple here when i was growing up! honestly for years it was the only type of ice cream i ever had
about bouillon i like the beef and chicken bases from sam's but wal mart carries the better than bbouillon and i like that too

oh goodness those roofs!

another local bomb threat! UGH i hate these rednecks monkey see monkey do first it was Jellico HS 6 miles to the south of me then williamsburg plastics a factory close to Steven's school last night it WAS steven's HS ugh i hope they catch these idiots and no nothing found just people pulling pranks
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #1986

i can do the technology stuff SIGH but i sure can't knit! i can really use netflix like a pro
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #1987

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Do you use bouillon? lol - that sounds like an advertisement. I rarely use it - used to get Trader Joe's - and they are no longer carrying it, but - like to have it available for 'just in case' recipes. Any suggestions?
I get what's called "soup base" at Sam's club. It comes in both chicken or beef. I have both. Thye are a paste and must be refrigerated. Love them---really tasty and not as salty as boillon.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #1988

Quote:
Uh-oh. Now problems with buildings/roofs(ves) collapsing. I heard Sedalia, MO has had more problems with this already and some homes have had trees/large branches come through their roof. Unfortunate consequence of the heavy and wet snow. They are now monitoring another building in Belton, Mo not that far from us.
This is also happening in NW Oklahoma.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #1989

Quote:
Another question............anyone ever used the new Kraft indulgence cr cheese mixes and/or the Kraft creamy cooking sauces? The reviews on the indulgence were all good - sounds like it's more like candy. Just curious.
Nope.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #1990

Quote:
Amen! And technology keeps changing so rapidly. I might finally learn how to operate one item/system and then new technology comes and I fall further behind on the learning curve.Saw a segment on Google Glass on the Today show this morning. Not sure I like that advancement.
I can barely operate our tv system. Of course, my gadget crazy dh has all kinds of stuff hooked up and there are 4 remotes. We usually only need one on a daily basis but not if you want the surround sound louder or to adjust it, or watch movies or netflix or Youtube. I can't even manage putting on an exercise dvd. I have to call one of my boys.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
275 days until THANKSGIVING DAY!

oh yes a wonderful hush comes over the world

OH MY that is a lot of snow whew! hope everyone stays safe and warm i can't keep from thinking of the baby calves
60s and rain here today they said we might see snow friday

Mona congrats to your DH
MELINDA omg snow cream was a staple here when i was growing up! honestly for years it was the only type of ice cream i ever had
about bouillon i like the beef and chicken bases from sam's but wal mart carries the better than bbouillon and i like that too

oh goodness those roofs!

another local bomb threat! UGH i hate these rednecks monkey see monkey do first it was Jellico HS 6 miles to the south of me then williamsburg plastics a factory close to Steven's school last night it WAS steven's HS ugh i hope they catch these idiots and no nothing found just people pulling pranks
I use the Tone's brand, it's excellent.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #1992

Gee--talking to myself here. I came home and was really hungry or so I thought. Started nibbling on leftover cold chicken. NOT a good idea at all. I got sick. Bleck! Not good. I haven't been sick in weeks. So mad at myself---what a dumbhead!!!! Now my back hurts too---it's like a stabbing pain.

I did get a crockpot full of chicken cooking. I just seasoned it with Good seasons dry dreswsing and am letting it cook. I will use it for quesadillas and the taco soup later. Also got a chicken cordon blue casserole working----put in the frig cause we're out of ham. Plus I have to toast the subs and cheese rounds from the last few days to make the lc stuffing that goes on top. I have to get to the local store soon. As soon as I feel a little better.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #1993
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
I bought the beef flavor "better than bouillon at costco. Seems to taste pretty good. Only downside is you have to keep it in the fridge once you open it.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #1994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here Chewie. =) Sorry you got sick. A lot of sleevers say they can't eat chicken for a really long time. I didn't have any problems with any foods....I think it's because my surgeon made my sleeve a little on the large side. Has it's pluses and minuses...because now I can eat a pretty good portion. I still don't drink with meals though.

Can you please share that bread recipe you made? Or if it's a PITA to retype can I just google the name? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1995

Mona---no prob on the recipe. Here it is. Also on her blog, she has a good video.
"HEALTHIFIED" SUB
1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (or 1/2 cup coconut flour)
5 TBS psyllium husk powder (no substitutes)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
3 egg whites (8 egg whites if using coconut flour) (My eggs are large sized on average)
1 cup BOILING water (or MARINARA - for more Tomato Basil Bread!)
OPTION 2: Use 2 whole eggs (Almond flour version) or 4 whole eggs (coconut flour version). If you are having trouble with it rising using whole eggs you can try egg whites.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, psyllium powder (no substitutes: flaxseed meal won't work), baking powder and salt. Mix until dry ingredients are well combined. Add in the eggs and mix until a thick dough. Add boiling water or marinara into the bowl. Mix until well combined and dough firms up.
Form into 4 to 5 mini subs (the dough will rise about 2 to 3 times so I start mine as a 1 inch disk, see picture below) or one large sub/loaf and place onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 65 minutes (50 minutes for smaller shapes like buns). Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely. Cut open with a serrated knife. Fill with desired fillings. Makes 5 servings.
NOTE! If you get a hollow bread, use less psyllium. We found that even within the same brand of psyllium (Jay Robb in our case) it can vary by how much it will rise. It there is a bubble the psyllium is too active and wants to rise too much. We had to cut back to 2 Tablespoons in our case and then it was great. The batter will be pretty sticky and almost runny but it will work (you can add an extra 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond flour if you want a less sticky dough and maybe slightly denser result).
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Traditional Sub Bread = 198 calories, 6g fat, 4g protein, 41 carbs, trace fiber (41 effective carbs)
Almond Flour Sub = 205 calories, 14g fat, 8.4g protein, 10.9g carb, 7.6g fiber (3.3 effective carbs)
NOTE: SOME psyllium powder will turn your baked good a "rye bread" color. I have found that Jay Robb psyllium husks (ground into a powder) doesn't cause this to happen. Also, Bob's Red Mill Almond flour doesn't work. It is different than other almond flours.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #1996

Mona--I can usually eat chicken but if it's at all dry or leftover, it doesn't seem to agree with me. I can't eat plain roast either.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #1997
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks chewie! So you said your family really liked the rolls? they look like "real bread". I wonder how they taste. DH is so fussy. He won't usually try any of my LC creations.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #1998

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning Linda!! still morning here....LOL

I use both bouillon and soup base..I love them both.. the soup base has tons more flavor....

Mona.. My husband can be picky too OMG.. he had to tell me on Sunday a million times how much he hates wheat pasta.. good lord he wouldn't stop.. but he can tell with the spaghetti but he can't tell with the shells...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #1999

I have a bajillion and 3 things to do.. it's almost noon time.. and I have only done 3.. .clean the bathroom, make my hub's lunch and a sandwich for tomorrow for my kid.. and I got the gummy worms in a bowl and chocolate chips and peanuts in a bowl for the hot chick....I don't feel like doing a thing.. but hiding my head...it's getting warm outside...sorry ladies.. but it feels like 80 something...

My son's school his basketball Varsity teams are both in the city championship game... tomorrow and Saturday... very exciting.. if they win they are city champs.. an both teams will be invited to the state championships...So the boys, this is the first time in 10 years... they have had made it this far.. and the girls this is the first time ever.. pretty exciting.. go GIRLS!!!The girls are supposed to be fantastic.. so I hope they win it all.. so he will playing for the girl's team in the band...they have to go all the way down a very long ways.. which means I will have to to pick him up from school at around midnight I bet.. cause it is far...and so you know me I am thinking about hot weather equals crickets....!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #2000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning Linda!! still morning here....LOL

I use both bouillon and soup base..I love them both.. the soup base has tons more flavor....

Mona.. My husband can be picky too OMG.. he had to tell me on Sunday a million times how much he hates wheat pasta.. good lord he wouldn't stop.. but he can tell with the spaghetti but he can't tell with the shells...
Yea, DH won't even eat white bread that tastes the least bit fibrous. He calls it woody. That's why he doesn't like any LC breads. You just have to enjoy it for what it is, and not expect Wonderbread or anything like that.

How exciting for the basketball teams! Hope they win. You know, I don't know why it's OK for the schools to schedule games so that the kids have to stay up so late?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #2001

What's really bad is the bus ride is longer than the game.but as a senior for him to partake in this is pretty cool...

Last might he was telling me that all of his friends have taken up pot and drinking....especially the football team.,,.i asked him not to do that..all I can do is pray man...
Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #2002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ommm nom nom! We just had chicken parmesan and green beans on the side. I pounded the chicken breasts flat, dipped in beaten egg and then in a crumb mixture of 1/2 LC bread pulverized, and 1/2 Kraft parmesan cheese, and a few Italian spices (oregano, parsley). Fried in light olive oil, sprinkled with some grated mozzeralla cheese (broiled), added a dollop of warmed up canned spaghetti sauce, and finished with a few grates of block parmesan cheese. So yummy! The hard part is pounding the breasts and I have 4 more ready to go so that will be another 2 meals for DH and I.

Last edited by Mona; 02-26-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Ommm nom nom! We just had chicken parmesan and green beans on the side. I pounded the chicken breasts flat, dipped in beaten egg and then in a crumb mixture of 1/2 LC bread pulverized, and 1/2 Kraft parmesan cheese, and a few Italian spices (oregano, parsley). Fried in light olive oil, sprinkled with some grated mozzeralla cheese (broiled), added a dollop of warmed up canned spaghetti sauce, and finished with a few grates of block parmesan cheese. So yummy! The hard part is pounding the breasts and I have 4 more ready to go so that will be another 2 meals for DH and I.
NOM NOM NOM!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #2004

i reckon Steven's school is out the rest of the week due to illness
Old 02-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #2005

Mona that sounds Delish.....

Deb.....is Steven ok?
Old 02-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #2006

yeah foot still sore and propped up LOL not breaking his her that scjhool is canceled LOL he will still have college Wed and Fri

winds here are crazy! we have had terrible downpours of rain and now the sun is out

hope everyone in the snow's path still has electric and internet
i think your DS will enjoy the bus rides Melinda and hey if it is midnight maybe all the bugs will be asleep???
Old 02-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #2007

I hope so Deb....I am easily freaked over bugs.....he has taken these long bus rides before.,...he absolutely hates long rides.....but it's a good thing.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #2008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i reckon Steven's school is out the rest of the week due to illness
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that everyone in Steven's school is sick so they are canceling school? How many kids go to his school?
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #2009

the whole DISTRICT is out! 9 schools i think if a certain percentage of kids are out they lose too much money and so call off school until the germs have time to retreat
that is one reason why i thought it was really strange cause Steven said NO kids were absent in any of his 5 classes today and that school seemed normally full IDK
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #2010

i think there are about 900 in his high sschool