Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #1951
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Mona.. come make me sausage and eggs too!!! I will take 3 of each...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #1952
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
You got some snow for sure kcmama!!!! My sis says they can't get the back or front doors open due to so much snow. No electric for them also. At least they have a fire place to keep warm by. Now she is trying to figure out how to make some cowboy coffee over the fire place!
Melinda.....you are such a good mama for cleaning and fixing some snacks for that sexy woman coming over!!!! LOL
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #1953
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
I agree with Sue, you are a wonderful, thoughtful hostess Melinda.

I made DH 3 eggs and 4 sausage patties. We have been having non-stop meals since starting LC. You know how you just ate but an hour later you feel hungry? Just your brain's way of trying to trick you into eating sugar. We aren't following "Atkins" rules perse, but I do remember he said eat Lc foods when you are hungry in the beginning so we are doing that. Eating whenever necessary and not worrying about calories right now. DH is already down 7 pounds.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #1954

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post

I made DH 3 eggs and 4 sausage patties. We have been having non-stop meals since starting LC. You know how you just ate but an hour later you feel hungry? Just your brain's way of trying to trick you into eating sugar. We aren't following "Atkins" rules perse, but I do remember he said eat Lc foods when you are hungry in the beginning so we are doing that. Eating whenever necessary and not worrying about calories right now. DH is already down 7 pounds.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
You got some snow for sure kcmama!!!! My sis says they can't get the back or front doors open due to so much snow. No electric for them also. At least they have a fire place to keep warm by. Now she is trying to figure out how to make some cowboy coffee over the fire place!
Melinda.....you are such a good mama for cleaning and fixing some snacks for that sexy woman coming over!!!! LOL
Yeah and he says to me and we are going to have lots of sex!!! LOLOL!!! I said you know I am in the next room going to be watching Dance Moms!!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #1956
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:

Bravo!Great job! I do remember that too about eat as much lc as you need in the beginning so you guys are on track! Whoohoo 7 lbs. What kind of scale do you have Mona?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #1957
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, Lony, I will send a couple more pics. It is hard to tell on my phone as the image is small. I opened my garage door and took some. We have more snow than I originally thought!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #1958

Quote:

LOL thanks but that title goes to Chewie...I am just buying chocolate chips and mixing with peanuts and tossing it on the table in here...OMG I want what your hubs had.. that sounds so good.. I love sausage...Congrats on his 7 pounds.. that is terrific....

Ever feel like not cooking cause you don't want to dirty a pan???
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #1959

Kcmama...I know it must be freezing cold.. but those pics are fantastic....
Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Ok, Lony, I will send a couple more pics. It is hard to tell on my phone as the image is small. I opened my garage door and took some. We have more snow than I originally thought!
Hahaha I am going to have to teach you how to post your pictures

My poor rosebushes are flattened! Hope the recover. Normally, they are taller than I am.

From my open garage door.

Trees are so pretty. Looking at pics on the news. Two city buses stuck in snow. One has slid off hwy 152.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #1961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
LOL thanks but that title goes to Chewie...I am just buying chocolate chips and mixing with peanuts and tossing it on the table in here...OMG I want what your hubs had.. that sounds so good.. I love sausage...Congrats on his 7 pounds.. that is terrific....

No but plenty of times I haven't felt like cleaning the pan I left sitting on the stovetop to cook something new.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #1962

WOW I am sorry for the trouble that weather causes.. but the tree and basketball picture is amazing...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #1963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow KCMama that is a lot of snow!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #1964

Quote:
No but plenty of times I haven't felt like cleaning the pan I left sitting on the stovetop to cook something new.
LOLOL I Heard that. I buy throw a way tins for Sunday and sometimes I line them with foil.. to see if I can use them again for next Sunday...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #1965

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
My weather:

Wed Mostly Cloudy Hi:40°Lo:24°
Thur Partly Cloudy Hi:41°Lo:23°
Fri Snow Hi:39°Lo:24°
Sat Mostly Sunny Hi:40°Lo:21°
Sun Mostly Sunny Hi:50°Lo:32°
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #1966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Kcmama...I know it must be freezing cold.. but those pics are fantastic....
Melinda, it is just so beautiful outside. Another thing I like when it snows is the sound or lack thereof maybe outside. The snow tends to absorb, dampen sound. Yet, you can also hear the snow and the silence at the same time. It is hard to describe but so so peaceful and comforting!

Do you have anymore of the almond bark? Fast and easy to melt it and pour it over pretzels, cheerios, chex mix, broken up oreos, peanuts, etc. I made homemade granola bars Sunday night. They were delicious and fast. My son who said, "Why do you keep making bar cookies? I told you that I don't like cookies in bars." has eaten half....... oldest actually spoke to me (she really hasn't in a week, cuz she is mad at me) and told me they were good.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #1967

I have to put snow on my bucket list...I swear...I haven't ever bought that almond bark before.. I need to try that cause my snackoholic son will love it...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #1968

Quote:

That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpjoy :
Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #1969

I miss snow. Sigh. Hard to believe I just wrote that though. LOL Although it wasn't me that wanted to move to warmer weather. It was dh.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #1970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony, thanks for posting the pictures. I don't know that you can teach me. I can't even figure out how to turn the TV on if anyone has been on Netflix or the dvd player or xBox. Neither can I figure out how to get Netflix to come on from the TV. I have been wanting to get rid of my Christmas lights in the siggie thing and can't do that either. However, I can knit. LOL

Thanks again, really!!! You are so awesome!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #1971

Quote:
Lony, thanks for posting the pictures. I don't know that you can teach me. I can't even figure out how to turn the TV on if anyone has been on Netflix or the dvd player or xBox. Neither can I figure out how to get Netflix to come on from the TV. I have been wanting to get rid of my Christmas lights in the siggie thing and can't do that either. However, I can knit. LOL

No problem, I was just teasing you.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #1972
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Yes, on a daily basis........ I have a couple of stainless steel pans that I cook with as if they were cast iron. In other words, I don't wash them after each use before the next use. I just wipe them out with a paper towel. They clean beautifully because I use Pam and butter so cleanup is a breeze. Then I spray again before next use and heat up the pan before putting food in. Figure the temperature kills germs and fortunately we have never gotten sick.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #1973
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have to put snow on my bucket list...I swear...I haven't ever bought that almond bark before.. I need to try that cause my snackoholic son will love it...
He will love it. I would be shocked if he didn't. My kids and their friends devour it. I also took some to my nephews and my dad as part of their Christmas gifts. They were ecstatic. I was their favorite Aunt! The fact that I was also their only Aunt present has no bearing on it!!!

I also do it with Semisweet, or white chocolate chips. The easiest recipe is to take a package of any flavor Oreo cookies and break them into pieces, melt whatever flavor of chocolate chips and poor over the cookies, spread on wax paper lined cookie sheet and they are ready usually within an hour. Of course, it is colder here than where you are so may take more time to set up for you. Or melt chocolate and put out pieces of fruit, prezels, potato chips, pound cake and let the kiddos dip in the melted chocolate themselves. Boy do they love that! You are such a great mom!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #1974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
No problem, I was just teasing you.
Are you and Mike feeling better today? How much snow are you supposed to get out of this next storm? Will it be a big one? We might have another snowfall tonight but I think only 2-3 inches.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #1975
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
To those dealing with the snow.............you can have it. As a former Ohioan - I know all about the snow/drifts. While it is beautiful coming down initially, the aftermath is just so yucky to deal with. Hate dirty snow - and it just seems to stay around so long, piled along the roads and in the parking lot where they shoved all of it. Sure did like looking at KC's pictures from her garage, that is enough of snow for me.

KC - we have only had about an inch of snow this year. Now, having said that - we'll probably get hit by a big one. Sure hope not. We're very close to the Chesapeake, so even when Baltimore has been hit big even D.C., we usually don't.

Linda
pansies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #1976
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

KC - nice to know I'm not the only one electronically challenged. I barely manage to use the cell phone. Sometimes that's even a big challenge.

Linda
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #1977
Major LCF Poster!

Do you use bouillon? lol - that sounds like an advertisement. I rarely use it - used to get Trader Joe's - and they are no longer carrying it, but - like to have it available for 'just in case' recipes. Any suggestions?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #1978
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh-oh. Now problems with buildings/roofs(ves) collapsing. I heard Sedalia, MO has had more problems with this already and some homes have had trees/large branches come through their roof. Unfortunate consequence of the heavy and wet snow. They are now monitoring another building in Belton, Mo not that far from us.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #1979
Major LCF Poster!

Another question............anyone ever used the new Kraft indulgence cr cheese mixes and/or the Kraft creamy cooking sauces? The reviews on the indulgence were all good - sounds like it's more like candy. Just curious.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #1980
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Mona, congratulations to your husband.

I think some snow ice cream is in our future. I've never made it with condensed milk, but that sounds good. I use cream, sugar, and vanilla.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote