Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
LOL we don't go to thesuperbowl partyt for the GAME LOL Ken's friend's wife is all into it but we will be playing pool

we didn't fix anything up for his 50th birthday either
Have fun playing pool! Deb, at least you are amongst people, not hiding indoors like me.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #152

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Wow, things have been pretty quiet around here lately.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Eliza I know you will do great. I think it is just the name Observation Week, kinda like people who freak out on tests. You know your stuff and you are a great teacher.

ME on the other hand would probably have my skirt tucked into my pantyhose with a big hunk of TP haning off my shoe during the whole thing.
Awwwwww, You're so sweet and supportive!

I sometimes do freak out and I hope that's not one of those times.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I hear ya Chewie. My paycheck is lower, as is everyone's now. Just got the electric bill. I thought the summertime was going to be our highest electric usage with the A/C. $100-110 was bad enough which is what we were paying thruout the end of summer, early fall. But now that it's been cold and the heater is on all the time, last month's bill was $196! I was pretty shocked when I opened it.

Chewie to answer your question, I like working at both labs about the same. They are different and interesting in their own way.

Well time for me to go to sleep. Bye for now!
Mona, power bills are high… you're lucky you don't live in Texas. My power bill runs between $200 in the winter because we heat with gas..... And $400 in the summer because the central AC runs on electricity.

I've always wished we could have some kind of set up with solar cells or wind power that we generate our electricity ourselves but the initial investment is very high.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, the boys are 7 and 11.

We don't do Super Bowl. The only time I am a sports fan is when the grandkids are playing or the Cardinals are in the World Series.

Eliza, in MO, one teacher observation is completely unannounced.

Here in Texas, we get visited frequently without any warning for 10-15 minutes at a time. However for this formal 45 min observation, we're told which week we're going to be visited, but not the day or time.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 02-03-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #156

Quote:
My daughter and SIL are making a trip to Iowa City to pick up his things. It's about a six hour trip. She had to go 80 miles to pick him up at a bus station. I have the boys so they wouldn't have to make the long trip. Please pray for him as he tried to find a job. Mo teaching jobs don't pay much. Since he lost his job, the boys are eligible for free lunches.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #157

Quote:
My son in law was fired from his job over sliding off the highway on the snow. It happened in Iowa City, they took him to Nebraska and fired him there. He has to buy a bus ticket home and then go to Iowa City to get his things off the truck. He also has a ticket for not keeping his truck under control. My daughter is about to lose it.
Many prayers going their way!

That was not fair what they did to him. Obviously he was not careless.... it just happened ......Some people cannot control a car in snowy icy conditions. I can only imagine how unbelievably hard it is to control an 18 wheeler.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #158

Good night everybody! Hope we all have a wonderful week and things get better and better for each and every one of us and our families.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #159

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning....it is 4:47 am and I have been up since 3:22 I must be nuts....

Elizakins I hope you have a wonderful successful week...Your going to do awesome!!!

Lucky....I have never ever driven or seen snow..and never an icy street.. I wouldn't know what to do....I hope this week they will hear some good news...Speaking of prices.... last week gas prices here was 3.59 a gallon.. then a week later it popped up to 3.87...give or take a few cents.. but I thought winter was supposed to be lower...and that's the cheap gas station.. the Chevrons etc...all of their gas is over 4 bucks... boy they can't wait to raise prices man..

My power bill in the summer was 788.00 dollars...I never ever get caught up with that...ever...every month the department of water and power sit before the Los Angeles city council and moan about how they MUST raise their prices.. and they ok it..once upon a time, my base, meaning the refuse pick up, etc etc was about 75 bucks.. but now from all the raises they have ok'd it is literally 300 bucks.. not including water and power...and they never give me a break they demand their money unlike other people..that is why I wait till the last minute to put on the air conditioning in my house...solar would be awesome....but it costs an arm and a leg to set it up.well anyway...

That was some football game...after the blackout when San Francisco started to come back.. my son started yelling and moaning and groaning about his Ravens.. just like my sore loser older brother LOL!!!

Linda.. Congrats to your city!!!!!!!

Ok well now I am just rambling...so I just want to say good morning to you ladies....

Anyone hear from Seth???
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Good Monday Morning....
Melinda....it sounds as if DS might take after his uncle!!!! Oh my!!! LOL You asked about Seth. Nope...haven't heard from him. Many months ago I sent him a private note on FB but didn't hear back.
Eliza. Good luck this week. You will do fine!

Have a good Monday all!!!!! I'm going to work on cleaning up my little hobby room. It looks awful!!! I still have Christmas party and bows all over it.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #161

Good Morning Sue!!!!! Oh My God my son yesterday...started cursing out all of his players on his Ravens....he is like GOOD I AM GLAD YOUR RETIRING RAY LEWIS LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said to myself shades of my childhood. when we were playing Monopoly.. and my older brother was losing and he accused everyone of cheating!! LOLOL..
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #162

Good Morning Sunshines!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #163

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. Raining here and it fits my mood. Things went from bad to worse. I took a short nap and got up to an awful burning smell. My vacuum died and started smoking when dh went to use it. Just great. Plus he went outside with older ds to take down the christmas lights and found the hot water heater was leaking hot water out the excess drain---like it was turned on. So now the hot water heater is going---it's been on it's last leg for about a year now. I couldn't even shower today. So I didn't even work out cause I have to wash my hair after 35 minutes---my head gets soaked with sweat. I don't know what dh is going to do but he said he's going to fix it. Don't know when though since he works till 7 or 8 pm every night this week. He's supposed to have Thursday off. Who knows???? I hate everything today. Oh, plus younger ds is home sick with maybe the flu, sore throat and cough. Wonderful---I'll probably get that now too.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #164

Chewie....Big Hugs.. sounds like an off to chart crapometer day for sure...importantly though I hope your son feels better and you don't get sick....the water heater is a pain in the ass for sure..
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #165

Morning Lonykins....
Old 02-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #166

Wow Chewie, and I thought waking up with a bloody nose was bad. Try to look at the positive and not focus on the negitive.

Good morning Melindapoo! I bet your house was a madhouse yesterday.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Wow Chewie, and I thought waking up with a bloody nose was bad. Try to look at the positive and not focus on the negitive.

Good morning Melindapoo! I bet your house was a madhouse yesterday.
Thanks, Lony. I hate to be a gloomy gus but I'm so annoyed about life. GRRR I'll try and change my attitude.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks, Lony. I hate to be a gloomy gus but I'm so annoyed about life. GRRR I'll try and change my attitude.
I know how you feel I really do. Life has a way of saving everything up and then hitting you with it all at once. Breath deep and remember this too shall pass.

Until then here is a shark eating a weiner dog.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Chewie, sorry about your rough day. When it rains it pours.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #170

Oh the first half of the game sonny boy was happier than a pig in slop....after the blackout he was cussing and yelling at his team OMG...at one time according to him they all were no good over priced LOLOL!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Oh the first half of the game sonny boy was happier than a pig in slop....after the blackout he was cussing and yelling at his team OMG...at one time according to him they all were no good over priced LOLOL!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #172

Quote:
My ds18 was also yelling but no cussing cause the grandparents were over. LOL But when they left . . . until the end when the Ravens won!!!! Woohoo.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #173

My hubs had to tell him to stop cussing already....it was funny how that black out just changed the dynamics of the game...

I wonder if next year.. he will come back home and watch the super bowl with me....he wants to say on campus so bad.. well we will see how that works out...some colleges out here, you are required to stay on their campus for a year... and others you don't have to..housing is thru the roof boy.. anyway...
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #174

So what are you all making for dinner tonight? I have to make ds14 some chicken noodle soup(using shirataki noodles(no carbs)) and making a pernil(Puerto Rican pork roast). YUM Dh seasoned and marinated it yesterday so it should be good. I was kind of debating if I should wait one more day though----might end up doing chili dogs if I do change my mind.

Tomorrow I have to take ds18 to the dr. Although he's 18 and could go alone, he wants me to go. He wants to go back on his ADD meds. He went off since last summer but since he's expected to get all A's this semester, he thought it might be a good idea. LOL
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #175

Leftovers in my house...

Why is your son expected to get all A's???????
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning everyone. Gosh, if it wasn't for you gals I would have no idea who won the Superbowl. God forbid Yahoo News actually reports some news that people want to read. It's all about the entertainment and what Beyonce wore for her show and blah blah blah. I could not find one story about who won the damn game! I don't really care that much but I just wanted to know, ya know?

So Melinda your sonny boy must be happy. I don't know what you mean about a blackout?

There is a sign in town at a gas station that says "buy your gas now, prices are going UP". Oh that's just great.

I just got home and inhaled a bag of chips. Man I'm so stressed out right now. I had a very stressful day. Training a new person. On my feet literally all of my 10 hour shift except for lunch. Then I barely hobble out to my car and I start to look forward to going home....when I realize I have a physical therapy appointment. Yea, more exercise and going up and down stairs was not on my list of things to do today. I'm also angry and stewing about something irritating that a co-worker did today. I was extremely busy training the new person and the day shift gal comes in and decides that right then she's got to loudly correct me about something. She made it sound like I don't know what I'm doing. I do know what I'm doing....I thought I was going to perform a test myself and I set things up a little different. But she came in and did it because I was really busy and then she came over in front of the trainee and had to explain how I was wrong. She always does stuff like that. She likes to be bossy and tell people what to do. It was just a minor thing but it really rubbed me the wrong way and I can't stop thinking about it.

Chewie I'm sorry you are having a bad day too. I hope your DH can get the water heater fixed. At least your hubby sounds handy. When anything breaks at our house we have to hire repairmen.

Yea, I know that some of you gals have outrageous power bills and I feel bad complaining about my $196 bill, but I was used to paying about $50 for electric and $20-$50 for gas (higher in winter for the heat) at my smaller rental house. I'm sure if we put new heating ducts in there and had them insulated it would help a lot but that is a big project for far off in the future.

Lony I love your shark canine picture.

Last edited by Mona; 02-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: typos
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #177

Quote:
Leftovers in my house...

Why is your son expected to get all A's???????
Because my dh will kill him if he doesn't.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #178

So, for anyone that watched the superbowl, what was your favorite commercial? I loved the doritos and the goat screaming one. It was so funny, it cracked me up. Plus I liked the dodge ram one about farmers although it was much more serious.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #179

Mona--sorry about your know it all co-worker. Hate when people do that stuff. Try to let it go or definitely plan to say something to her and plan it out.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Mona--sorry about your know it all co-worker. Hate when people do that stuff. Try to let it go or definitely plan to say something to her and plan it out.
Can't I just anonymously send her 100 magazine subscriptions?
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote