Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #1711
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Free for Kindle today...

Quote:
Caveman Family Favorites: Indulgent Paleofied Dessert Recipes For One Amazing Month [Kindle Edition]
by Lauren Pope

Quote:
Dare To Eat Dessert Every Day Of The Week Without Feeling Guilty

Dessert no longer needs to be on the naughty list! When made with natural, whole foods and free of health-killers, dessert can become a regular part of your vocabulary -- without an impact on your waist line! This indulgent edition of Caveman Family Favorites has Paleofied versions of all of the most tempting desserts, like cookies, cakes, and custards. Every recipe in this book is:

Gluten-free
Grain-free
Dairy-free
Peanut-free
And free from processed sugars

So be a good caveman and let them eat cake!

Lauren Pope will show you that dessert and healthy can go hand-in-hand.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 02-23-2013 at 04:54 PM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #1712

Also free for Kindle....

Quote:
Homemade Change: Money may not grow on trees, but it lives in your home--A guide on how to make money from home and declutter your life. [Kindle Edition
I surely have lots of stuff to get rid of.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #1713

Also free...

Quote:
The Amazing Paleolithic Cookbook: Over 120 Gluten Free Recipes To Satisfy Your Primal Cravings (Paleo Recipes Made Easy) [Kindle Edition]
Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #1714

Lony, hope Mr. Mike is feeling better.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #1715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Chewie...at some point when you feel the time is right you will have to post some skinny pictures!!
It's been a busy day here!! We cleaned in the extra bedroom and set the baby bed up for Layla. I also cleaned out drawers and we moved things around in the dinning room.
This morning I made the cream cheese muffins! YUM!!!! Before baking them I put a little No Sugar strawberry jam on top. I also baked some Make Believe buns for sandwiches and burgers. Hubs really liked them. So did I!

It will soon be a week since I have been off sugar. I can already tell the difference in the way I feel. I'm not wanting to sleep all afternoon!! I only had 1 bad eating day and that was my second day back on LC. That was fine and I had already expected it. I knew it would take me a few days to get back with the program! One thing I didn't do was weigh myself last week. Now I don't know if I want to go ahead and weigh or just stay away from the scales and go by how my clothes fit. I swear I have so many nice blouses that are just a "little" too tight to wear at the moment. It will be nice to get back into them
Deb.....Do what I did. Just start looking over LC threads and recipes. It helps to get your mind in the right direction. Last week when I went grocery shopping I just decided this was it! I am making a change. I so wanted to buy some junk food but I just decided I wasn't going to let myself!!
So far....so good!!
Does anyone get Golden Flake brand of Pork rinds in your area????? OMG...they are really good!!! The are made in Alabama.

Hi to everyone......have a great night.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #1716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Eliza....thanks for the free books info!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to go check them out!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #1717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Chewie...at some point when you feel the time is right you will have to post some skinny pictures!!
It's been a busy day here!! We cleaned in the extra bedroom and set the baby bed up for Layla. I also cleaned out drawers and we moved things around in the dinning room.
This morning I made the cream cheese muffins! YUM!!!! Before baking them I put a little No Sugar strawberry jam on top. I also baked some Make Believe buns for sandwiches and burgers. Hubs really liked them. So did I!

It will soon be a week since I have been off sugar. I can already tell the difference in the way I feel. I'm not wanting to sleep all afternoon!! I only had 1 bad eating day and that was my second day back on LC. That was fine and I had already expected it. I knew it would take me a few days to get back with the program! One thing I didn't do was weigh myself last week. Now I don't know if I want to go ahead and weigh or just stay away from the scales and go by how my clothes fit. I swear I have so many nice blouses that are just a "little" too tight to wear at the moment. It will be nice to get back into them
Deb.....Do what I did. Just start looking over LC threads and recipes. It helps to get your mind in the right direction. Last week when I went grocery shopping I just decided this was it! I am making a change. I so wanted to buy some junk food but I just decided I wasn't going to let myself!!
So far....so good!!
Does anyone get Golden Flake brand of Pork rinds in your area????? OMG...they are really good!!! The are made in Alabama.

Sue! Glad to hear you are feeling better now that you are off sugar. Great motivation to keep with it!

Is "make believe buns" the actual name of the recipe? I will google it and see what pops up.

I've been hearing about these cream cheese muffins for years. I should make some! Especially since I have about 6 packs of cream cheese in the fridge. I pick them up when they are on sale and I forget how many I have sometimes.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #1718

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hi girls, sorry Mike has shared his cold and we are grouchy.

The wind is blowing really hard and it is snowing like crazy and I keep losing internet.

I wanted to say night night to you beautiful people.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #1719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lony, sorry that you and Mike are both sick. Feel better soon.

Oh Mah Gah! I need to go to sleep!! I'm so tired. I just keep looking up one more recipe!

G'nite all.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #1720
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Wow, KC, that was quite the workout you got! Those neighbors to the left of your sound like not very nice people they wouldn't even help their own mother when she got stuck in the snow. And then after someone cleaned out and fix their snowblower, they wouldn't let anybody else to use it. They should've left this woman walked out of her car and walked through the snow to her house because it seems like she was not very grateful, either.

So, you're still snowed in, I can believe you are out and about driving in the snow and taking the kids to all of their activities.

When there is snow and ice here I always stay home, I'm super scared of driving out on the highways.
Back from helping out at a Girl Scout mtg. Learned we are supposed to get hit with another big snow storm Monday night into Tuesday. At least as much snow as this last one. Hope my roof will survive the weight! Anyway Eliza, I do not like to go out either when there has been ice and snow. I didn't go out really until today. The main roads were in great condition. some of the neighborhood side streets have some slushy parts. Of course, the areas where people park on the street instead of in their driveways......really why don't they park in the driveway so the plows can clear the streets? they would also have less snow to shovel off their driveways.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #1721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Lony, sorry that you and Mike are both sick. Feel better soon.

Oh Mah Gah! I need to go to sleep!! I'm so tired. I just keep looking up one more recipe!

G'nite all.
Night, Mona!! Sleep tight!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #1722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

The wind is blowing really hard and it is snowing like crazy and I keep losing internet.

Oh, No! Not again. Sorry.Hope this one won't be as bad and won't last as long as the last one.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #1723
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melinda, meant to tell you that your upcoming menu looks good. How bout the recipe for the cauliflower? That sounds good to me.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #1724

Quote:

Oh no! Hope you both feel better soon! Sweet dreams!
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #1725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Hey Everyone,

Just been lurking these past few days. Not much to report. Have lost a couple of weighs. Been doing as much exercise i could handle right now. Suddenly come down with a cold. Just going to try rest loads and drink plenty of water to get rid of it. x
focus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 AM   #1726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to hear that you are sick as well, Focus. Hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are plugging along. Good job!

OK so I woke up a little while ago and weighed myself. Official start weight 287.6 I plan on having bacon, splenda-sweetened full fat yogurt with toasted pecans, and a handful of pomegranate seeds. I have to have some with each meal so I can whittle down the huge bag I have. LOL!

My next meal will be pork chops and salad. Since DH doesn't like salad I think I'll make him some green beans.

Also have some chicken wings thawed in the fridge. I will spice those up and bake them in the oven. Yummo!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #1727

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good morning.

That was an interesting evening. My dh rented a hotel room, stocked it with shrimp cocktail, bought me a beautiful necklace and va va voom! LOL It was really relaxing and nice. No pressure but he's a nut.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #1728

Quote:

So far....so good!!

Awesome job. I don't even look at regular recipes anymore. Why tempt myself? Plus it puts you in a bad frame of mind thinking you can't have it whereas if you look at healthy stuff, you can have it, you just need to make it.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #1729

Quote:
Eliza....thanks for the free books info!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to go check them out!
Thanks from me too.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #1730

Quote:

Oh no, poor Lony!!!! Sorry. Get some rest and make some chicken soup.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #1731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning.

That was an interesting evening. My dh rented a hotel room, stocked it with shrimp cocktail, bought me a beautiful necklace and va va voom! LOL It was really relaxing and nice. No pressure but he's a nut.
Wow! How romantic. I'm slightly jealous. My DH has never done anything like this.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 AM   #1732

Quote:
Wow! How romantic. I'm slightly jealous. My DH has never done anything like this.
It was a little odd but fun anyway. He even found a classic rock radio station to listen to and we were guessing all the bands.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #1733

FYI: The Amazing Paleolithic Cookbook is not free anymore but I got the other 2.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #1734

Good Morning Sunshines.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #1735

Also free for kindle: 49 Slow Cooker Paleo Recipes for the Caveman Diet
Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #1736

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I just wanted to say good morning to everyone...of course Carlos was supposed to be here at 4pm yesterday.. but he did come at 5:30... Good Gravy... but he does right by us..anywho so he is coming back today.. we happen to have had a new doggy door in the closet.. and he is going to have to install it but of course the old one takes up more room then the new one.. so he is coming back today "around the same time"...to get a piece of wood so he can put in the new one.. amazing how these dogs have destroyed things...my house the doggy door my stuff all of it..

SO I have to get cracking with my cooking...and try to maintain a tidy kitchen.. how in the heck is that possible....

So feel better to those that are sick... and Mona, Good Luck!!!!! I am with you.. I think I may have dropped a pound, but weigh in isn't until 9am...you ladies that had a wild weekend with your hubs!! how wonderful!!!

Kcmama.. are you talking about my cauliflower ranch salad??? well if you are.. the recipe I originally saw.. because you know there are tons out there.. was cauliflower, olives, ham and ranch dressing...so that was ok.. so I changed it to Cauliflower, olives and bacon.. and if I am cutting tomatoes I may throw that in there too.. and then I like to take a packet of Hidden Valley dressing.. this time I could only find the dip packet.. and I take equal parts mayo and sour cream.. sprinkle some of that in...taste it.. make sure it's good...and don't tell but sometimes I put a little bacon drippings in that as well.. mix it up.. pour it over the cauliflower mixture...snap on my container lid... shake it and toss in the fridge.. that's how I make mine.. I don't pre cook the cauliflower either...

So I have almost 3 of my salads made...when I come back I am going to complete the 4th one..I am going to have to do a reheat of everything I make.. cause only the good Lord knows when this man is coming...

So enjoy the day guys.. be back a little later..to make sure your all behaving yourselves....

Last edited by crazyone; 02-24-2013 at 06:33 AM..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #1737
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Things could be worse, Melinda

Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #1738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning Lony! How are you feeling today?

I am currently taking a break (and trying to warm up my hands) because I am purging my freezer of all the carbs. Mostly bread that was freezer burned anyhow. Tossed some Totino's pizzas. OMG they were really bad. I bought some a few weeks ago because I remember how much I used to like them in my 20s. Either they've really changed their recipe or my tastes have moved on from 99cent frozen pizza.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #1739

Quote:
Things could be worse, Melinda

Old 02-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #1740

I am feeling better thank you for asking. Hopefully it is short lived. I am making a giant pot of chicken soup today.