Old 02-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #1681
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
My oh my you are the Energizer Bunny!!! I have done very little so far today. I got most all of the laundry done yesterday. I do need to clean the bathrooms today......Sigh. Hate that job.

I love love love my 2000 Sienna Minivan. In fact, I want another Sienna or an Odyssey. My family keep trying to talk me out of it since I don't need to transport so many kids all the time but I really like it. The new vans have the seats that collapse into the floor flat so you don't have to take them out. I keep thinking that I could just use one of those minivans as a travel trailer. Collapse the seats at night, put down an air mattress and sleeping bag and save big time on hotel bills while travelling the country. My entire family thinks I am nuts.I have a friend though whose youngest is the same age as my youngest (they are great friends) and she feels the same way about her Honda Odyssey.

Good thing your husband is so handy. My BIL in Houston is as well. He completely overhauled his old rusted out Camaro or Firebird (I can't keep them straight) and it is gorgeous. He had taken every bolt and every part out of the car. He is now going to renovate his SS 44 (does that sound right?) for his son. We are not handy like that.
I am sorry to say, but I have to side would your family on this one. My personal experience with vans was not positive. I used to drive a van when the kid was little.... Didn't like it at all. It was so difficult to move, steer around, and react fast, especially for city driving. I was ecstatic to get rid of it after three years. And so happy to be making donuts around with my new SUV when we finally replaced the van with it. My van was like a tank, slow on the uptake and a big gas guzzler.

I don't know how safe sleeping in a van is in strange cities and places but I think you have a good idea there you will save a bundle!

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #1682

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Mona.. no disrespect when I say this....but my husband can eat a whole supermarket in an hour...not like my hubs is going to see this..but it is so hard to make dinner for him.. cause half an hour later he is robbing the pantry...and eating 5 fruits, the nuts in the pantry.....couple or 4 slices of American Cheese...no matter what I make or how much he just doesn't fill up...I told Sue.. I wonder if it's head hunger or something...my kid starts yelling at me.. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA who ate my cookies...not me..cause if it was me robbing the pantry I go straight for the salt LOLOL!!

So I have the toughest time man..it's why I start recipe hunting on Sunday Night.. I swear.. OMG one day I put Turnips in a crockpot roast.. I thought wow that is pretty good.. it tasted like the meat juice.. he said yuck I dont like it blah blah..

I am also thinking of making that cabbage and egg pie.. I really love that so much.. but I may have enough for Sunday...
Men! Same thing at my house. We never have any leftovers, because they keep coming back picking and picking until it's all gone.

I've never had turnips in crockpot I wonder they would taste okay.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #1683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
I drove a mini-van once as a loaner when our car was being repaired. I really liked driving it because I was up so high and I felt like I could see everything. I felt like the Captain of the Highway.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #1684

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
ooh let us know how the spaghetti squash is i have never seen one in the stores here
Oh, I like spaghetti squash.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #1685

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I am sorry to say, but I have to side would your family on this one. My personal experience with vans was not positive. I used to drive a van when the kid was little.... Didn't like it at all. It was so difficult to move, steer around, and react fast, especially for city driving. I was ecstatic to get rid of it after three years. And so happy to be making donuts around with my new SUV when we finally replaced the van with it. My van was like a tank, slow on the uptake and a big gas guzzler.

I don't know how safe sleeping in a van is in strange cities and places but I think you have a good idea there you will save a bundle!
now you soun d like you are describing a van NOT a minivan
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #1686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I drove a mini-van once as a loaner when our car was being repaired. I really liked driving it because I was up so high and I felt like I could see everything. I felt like the Captain of the Highway.
my minivan seat is really not any higher than a car??? but then again i am used to the truck and jimmy too but yeah it really isn't any higher than the caballero

Last edited by debkeversole; 02-23-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #1687

Quote:
That's why I like my SUV. I can see everything so well from up above. When I've had to drive cars on a loan I know I never liked being close to the road. But the SUV is times more maneuverable than the van.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #1688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So I'm thinking of trying out this recipe for my eggplant. It's from Ina Garten on Food Network: (and I like the fact that it serves two...so if we don't like it I don't have a ton to throw away!)

Eggplant Gratin

2007, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time:
15 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
30 min

Level:
Easy

Serves:
2 servings

Ingredients

Good olive oil, for frying
3/4 pound eggplant, unpeeled, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 extra-large egg
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup good bottled marinara sauce

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Heat about 1/8-inch of olive oil in a very large frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is almost smoking, add several slices of eggplant and cook, turning once, until they are evenly browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Be careful, it splatters! Transfer the cooked eggplant slices to paper towels to drain. Add more oil, heat, and add more eggplant until all the slices are cooked.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, half-and-half, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

In each of 2 individual gratin dishes, place a layer of eggplant slices, then sprinkle with Parmesan, salt and pepper and spoon 1/2 of the marinara sauce. Next, add a second layer of eggplant, more salt and pepper, half the ricotta mixture, and finally 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan on top.

Place the gratins on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the custard sets and the top is browned. Serve warm.

Last edited by Mona; 02-23-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #1689

Quote:
my minivan seat is really not any higher than a car??? but then again i am used to the truck and jimmy too but yeah it really isn't any higher than the caballero
Mine isn't either.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #1690

Quote:
So I'm thinking of trying out this recipe for my eggplant. It's from Ina Garten on Food Network:

Eggplant Gratin

2007, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time:
15 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
30 min

Level:
Easy

Serves:
2 servings

Ingredients

Good olive oil, for frying
3/4 pound eggplant, unpeeled, sliced 1/2-inch thick
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 extra-large egg
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup good bottled marinara sauce

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Heat about 1/8-inch of olive oil in a very large frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is almost smoking, add several slices of eggplant and cook, turning once, until they are evenly browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Be careful, it splatters! Transfer the cooked eggplant slices to paper towels to drain. Add more oil, heat, and add more eggplant until all the slices are cooked.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, half-and-half, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

In each of 2 individual gratin dishes, place a layer of eggplant slices, then sprinkle with Parmesan, salt and pepper and spoon 1/2 of the marinara sauce. Next, add a second layer of eggplant, more salt and pepper, half the ricotta mixture, and finally 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan on top.

Place the gratins on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the custard sets and the top is browned. Serve warm.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print
Looks good. I love eggplant.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #1691

Quote:
now you soun d like you are describing a van NOT a minivan
This is what I had...a 2005 Kia Sedona ...definitely a minivan

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 02-23-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #1692

i think they have to be thinking of a reg van and not a minivan
my minivan maneuvers just as well and sometimes better than Ken's jimmy an SUV
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #1693

So I remade the bed and got right in. Tee hee I took a nap although I laid there for over 45 minutes before I fell asleep. It wasn't a waste of time though because I was praying. Dh and I are going out tonight. Not sure what we're doing but we need to spend some time together. I wanted to be able to not yawn all night with him.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #1694

Quote:
Not really Chewie.. my mental block comes when it stops..and it will come to a complete halt. I can't get passed it.. I binge out of frustration...its basically TOM and water loss...

Today I had my water pill, my raspberry ketones and some iced coffee.. just trying to stay away from the kitchen.. just trying to get some liquids in...
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #1695

My cupcakes are good, at least according to ds14. He is my taste tester. They are only about 1.4 carbs each although they are the size of mini muffins. I still need to make a lc frosting to put on top. I'll do that tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #1696

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
My boys thought they didn't like spinach also but now I have to keep them away or they eat all of it. LOL I will let you know about my review----I think I make it on Tuesday. I don't remember, how bad is that--I only did the meal plan in the last few hours.
This reminds me of Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham… I don't like it, Sam I am!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #1697

Quote:
i am just about outta clothes that fit too! and so is Steven ! UGH i had thrown out all his bigger clothes when we had such success on HCG i just do not know

sitting here crying can't make myself get up and doing anything
Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #1698

Quote:
Deb--maybe you need to get out in the sunshine and fresh air? Maybe your Vit d is low???
I think going outside among nature and moving about will be really helpful. Even if you are by yourself, unfortunately. I just read that synthetic vitamin D is not nearly as good as the stuff we make through our skin..
Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #1699

Quote:
This reminds me of Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham… I don't like it, Sam I am!
It is sad but I have to hide food in my house. Like right now, I have 2 bags of cheddar goldfish on top of my jewelry box in my bedroom. The boys know they are there but won't take them. LOL My friend from prayer group has 3 boys and she hides food too. Another friend has only 1 boy and 2 girls and she didn't understand this.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #1700

Quote:
howdy Eliza feeling better?
Hi Deb, I'm feeling much better, thank you so much for asking!

As with everything else, I am answering this late because I am behind on all the posts here, and I have been working myself through a few pages in order.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #1701

Quote:
It is sad but I have to hide food in my house. Like right now, I have 2 bags of cheddar goldfish on top of my jewelry box in my bedroom. The boys know they are there but won't take them. LOL My friend from prayer group has 3 boys and she hides food too. Another friend has only 1 boy and 2 girls and she didn't understand this.
Chewie, On Pinterest I saw this funny picture of this poor mother hiding food insidel empty tampon boxes. She had to resort to that because she knew the men in the house would never look in there.

I'm planning on doing the same thing. Unfortunately, it only works with non-perishables, or they will wonder why Mama keeps tampons in the refrigerator!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #1702

Quote:
Mona..the weight loss will slow to a crawl...then I will get frustrated and binge...I gotta get out of that cycle. But thanks I want to lose 100 pounds by the end of next month.
Don't we all!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #1703

Quote:
i left out the pasta but i thought the mixed veggies were pretty high?/ it was good without the pasta

Steven just called and said he left us 2 free tickets at the door! whoohoo saved 20 bucks!
It will be a great experience, Deb! So excited for you! Have you decided what you are wearing yet?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #1704

Chewie, is it time to pretty up to go out with your DH yet?
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #1705

It's the weekend, and lo and behold, DH is working again therefore currently sleeping. DS is is at Cisco computer competition in Waco and currently traveling back home, so the only excitement I've had today is to go shopping. What an exciting life I live! Not!

On the bright side, my lesson plans are done, my shopping is done, and some of my laundry is done. So, for tomorrow, I just need about two hours cleaning done in the morning and then I am absolutely free for the rest of the day.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It's the weekend, and lo and behold, DH is working again therefore currently sleeping. DS is is at Cisco computer competition in Waco and currently traveling back home, so the only excitement I've had today is to go shopping. What an exciting life I live! Not!

On the bright side, my lesson plans are done, my shopping is done, and some of my laundry is done. So, for tomorrow, I just need about two hours cleaning done in the morning and then I am absolutely free for the rest of the day.
Good job Eliza!!

I just got all the fruits/seeds out of 3 pomegranates. I tried some tips I read on the Internet but they didn't really work as planned so I stood there for about 30 mins painstakingly taking them apart like I always do. haha! I didn't want them to go bad and I needed the room in my veggie bin anyhow.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #1707

Quote:
Chewie, is it time to pretty up to go out with your DH yet?
Yes and he's already home. He's going to cook some steaks for the boys. Gotta go.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #1708

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Mona, I saw on TV once, where they cut the pomegranate in half, Then the Guy turned the side with the seeds in it over a howl...he hit it a few times with a wooden spoon....and it came out after like 4 bangs...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #1709

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Elizakins......at least you can relax...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #1710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Mona, I saw on TV once, where they cut the pomegranate in half, Then the Guy turned the side with the seeds in it over a howl...he hit it a few times with a wooden spoon....and it came out after like 4 bangs...
That's what I tried. Except I didn't remember the wooden spoon part. I was just wacking it with the heel of my hand. Maybe that's why it didn't work. I also read to get rid of the pith to put them in a bowl of water and the pith will rise to the top. Well it didn't work so hot..and I nearly froze my hand off in that cold water trying to clean off all the pith.