Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1651
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i am just about outta clothes that fit too! and so is Steven ! UGH i had thrown out all his bigger clothes when we had such success on HCG i just do not know

sitting here crying can't make myself get up and doing anything
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #1652

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I'm running out of steam here. Moved the laundry, made 24 mini cupcakes for tomorrow. Made dss turkey and cheese wraps and now I'm pooped. LOL
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #1653

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Deb--maybe you need to get out in the sunshine and fresh air? Maybe your Vit d is low???
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #1654

been taking 5000- 10000 vitamin D a day for a while now
just need a real person to talk to and giggle with, to just say hey what's up or wanna go to the park or something ya know? and can't come to grips with that part of my life being essentially over with now and some days are worse than others
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #1655

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm running out of steam here. Moved the laundry, made 24 mini cupcakes for tomorrow. Made dss turkey and cheese wraps and now I'm pooped. LOL
OMG Chewie.,you have always done a ton of things!,,m

I cleaned my bathroom....just waiting on the kid to wake so he can sweep....what a battle.
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #1656

Deb.., I feel you. I have been dreading the day my kid goes off to college and leaves.....I just think for me I have to work on me now..take care of one thing at a time....my son told me he doesn't want me to be one of those mothers who waits by the phone for him, lives my life around his life.he said he wants me to maybe take a class....etcetc.,I am serious those were his words to me.., I want to find a job....your much younger than me and time goes by in a blink....you should be enjoying and finding something.,,I know pole dancing.....or belly dancing! LOL my belly drags.LOL..,,you love to read a book club...

Last edited by crazyone; 02-23-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #1657

no book clubs nothing within 50 miles Melinda i know sounds really strange to you in the big city doesn't it? lol i have done my belly dancing dvds i went when they had zumba classes but like everything "differnt" it doesn't last long here i went to the knitting class at the library when they had one other than that NADA and you know how finding even a part time job has been no calls for either n=me or Steven no opportunities to meet people either at least when steven goes to college he will be able to meet new people
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #1658

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Chews, great job at the Tyson store, those are some amazing deals you got. I know I'm a bit late joining the conversation on this one, it happened yesterday.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #1659

howdy Eliza feeling better?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #1660

Deb..,,,I have the same problem here...stuff has been cut..I too have to drive a ways....classes has been cut so bad here..but I am going to keep plugging away....I swear I notice when I am down in the dumps so goes hubs....so for me I am trying to scale it down....my hubs has been having horrible headaches, he can't sleep....now his teaching job boss lady is giving him crap..so that's why I am trying not to be self absorbed with my sadness because it affects hubs....that's just me..,

Last edited by crazyone; 02-23-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #1661

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
The calves already born all made it. There were 5 born last night and 3 made it. I am suprised any of them made it. We still have 180 to calve.

This has been an unproductive day off. I did so much yesterday, I wasn't very ambitious today.
Lucky, I am so very happy that most of the baby calves made it. How is the snow situation today? Hope everything is almost back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
I have been a consumer reports peep for a long long time. The interesting part I have found - when I go to look up their check rated things - and then go to review boards - sometimes it's a completely different outlook. My mom loved her Kirby - my sister thinks the Rainbow is the best. I have to say - I have never had a vac that I could say that about. That's pretty cute though - none can handle your boys and animals. Maybe that's it in a nutshell - just can't be done. I'm almost convinced that just buying a new vac every year is the way to go.

Thanks for your thoughts though - I appreciate it.

Linda
Linda, how are you girl! So nice to hear from you! That business what the bank is so frustrating I don't think anyone ever has a smooth experience when they try to deal with the bank in escrow in signing papers and everybody doing their job correctly. I truly hope everything works itself out very very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So I'm up before the alarm again but that's ok. I have a lot I want to get done today. I have not been napping for the last few days. That is a HUGE difference in my life. I have felt the need to nap for the last 4-5 years. I'm excited. I may actually be getting more energy and feeling better.
Wow, Chewie! I am so happy for you that your energy levels have gone up any get to do so much and you don't even need any naps. This is great news! How are things going with fitting and smaller and smaller clothes? You know you will have to post pictures soon we're all looking forward to seeing the smaller and smaller you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Chewie Congrats and not needing a nap...boy it's 5:57 and I could go back now for a nap.. and I hear you on the bargain shopping.. but you seem to have better bargains than me...

Boy my son at home is the laziest...I swear I asked him before I went to sleep to please sweep the living room and the kitchen...and hang the shower curtain for me...well he had no choice but to hang the curtain as hubs teaches today....Why is my kid so lazy.. if it's for him, boy he will up and move but if he doesn't want to do something...then you have to beg...

My knees and my hand is killing me the last 2 days...boy I think I have a case of fatitis and olditis all in one.. but I can't walk not until the knee thing goes away...

Well I am going to search for another salad recipe before I go to the market...
Melindochka, I think all teenagers are lazy. Mine is for sure. I think we have them spoiled by doing everything for them. My students are 10 years old and they come from other countries and the amount of hard work they have had to do, like a tiny little thing carrying 2 gallons of water over 2 miles so they have drinking water just amazes me. I think my son has led a very lazy and privileged life but I don't think he appreciates it he has nothing else to compare it to. So I don't think we should be too mad at them, we took too good of a care of them.

I am so sorry to hear about your knees, that really sucks! Have you tried massaging the muscles around your knees? I think tight muscles with trigger points involved in moving the area around the knees can cause some knee pain, not just worn out cartilage. Do you wear knee braces? I really wish I knew something that would help with your knee pain..... Don't want our super sexy California lady to be suffering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Mona...two are in their 40's...one is 36... I am missing them. Thinking of going home for Easter...Easter is fun with little ones..(5 grandchildren)...I just hate flying so much...ugh...I am just going to have to suck it up if I want to go though.

Hoping to go to the beach today or tomorrow and just sit and enjoy the sunshine and the ocean view. Haven't been in a while and I miss the tranquility of it..Supposed to be in the low 70's...so, we should take advantage of it..

Slowly coming out of the doldrums from the flu thing...but, I can tell I need a change of scene and some people watching and a few kisses which I have been missing..
Lynn, I cannot believe your children are in their 40s! I hate flying to, mostly due to the tiny seats and being so crammed on the plane.

Glad you are feeling better and recovering from the flu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
omg! why would they do that??

kenny came down cause ashley is at work and they have cleaned out the van and Kennys explorer

i have made a big pot of hamburger veggie soup(Melinda got me thinking of it the other day) and a tuna noodle casserole
ken said he only gets fed when we have company
Deb, when are they moving into their new house? Yummmmm hamburger veggie soup is my favorite wish I were there to have some.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 02-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #1662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Elizakins what are you up to this morning? Probably taking some well deserved rest after your long, hard work week.

KCMama haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well with you and your family. I'm waiting for you to notice my green puppy dog! hahahah.
Mona, I'm excited for you , looks like you are organizing for low-carb! Did you do your shopping yet? When are you guys starting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good Morning Sunshines! It is going to snow today & the hubs is sick. I am sending him back to the man camp on Wednesday with a few bottles of lysol. You have that many people cooped up the are just going to be passing germs back and forth.

Had a great time last night. I was the designated drinker and I took my job seriously. That cherry vodka is very dangerous.

Now to go catch up. Y'all were chatty while I was away.
Ha ha ha, the phrase man camp sounds funny! I agree on the bottles of Lysol you really need to keep it clean when he have so many messy man living together.

I am so very happy that you had a great time last night and that you took your drinking duties so seriously. Never had cherry vodka but it's on my list to try.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #1663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
I am glad Chewie.. I am going to look to see what I lost this week.. this past 2 days I have been terrible.. and not walking due to the knee hurting and shoveling in food.. ..I am going to check I do Saturday to Saturday...

Mon 2/11.....363.8.. That's when I hit a little depression of what I gained...so I went on a diet LOL...it's not funny

Sat 2/16.....349.8

Sat 2/23.....342.4

I probably would have been into the next decade but the last two days.. I have been mowing too much food in...however on Thurs I was 341.4...so the bright side it was just a one pound gain.. instead of what it usually is like 6 pounds...bleck what I do to myself is ridicolous.....
Wow Melinda! The good news is that when you put your mind to it and stick to your plan, you lose weight incredibly fast. Keep up the good work, girly.

So I'm back from the store. $147 dollars later! Gulp. I bought a lot of cheeses, misc. dairy products and veggies. Lots and lots of veggies! I got some new stuff (for me) to try out: eggplant and spaghetti squash. Only meat I got was a small ham and some pork chops. Does anyone else feel sort of smug and superior when your cart is filled with nothing but healthy LC foods and you look around and see all the crap in other people's carts? I do. Tee Hee. I would never say anything or give away my thoughts with rude body language. I'm just saying that the thought flits thru my head: my stuff is better than your stuff. LOL.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #1664

ooh let us know how the spaghetti squash is i have never seen one in the stores here
Old 02-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #1665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Mona, I'm excited for you , looks like you are organizing for low-carb! Did you do your shopping yet? When are you guys starting?
We are starting after we sleep and wake up...which will be something in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Oh, and about my shopping and not buying hardly any meat...I still have a ton of meat in my freezer.

Now I just have to organize my fridge and make room for all these veggies. I swear I need a 2nd fridge. Veggies are big and bulky and take up so much room. On the bright side I won't be taking up space with several gallons of milk and juice that DH used to drink.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #1666

Elizakins....you know my son was never this lazy....it started when he turned 17 I swear....I guess I am lucky cause these things start at what 12 or 13...,now I am just hoping Carlos comes...to check that doggy door today..,he is supposed to be here at 4.....his downside is he is a flake...,he does great work at good prices..

Man my knees have been having no problems for a couple of months..it flared up out of nowhere .I do rub it...wonder if its the cooler weather....

Last edited by crazyone; 02-23-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #1667

Mona..the weight loss will slow to a crawl...then I will get frustrated and binge...I gotta get out of that cycle. But thanks I want to lose 100 pounds by the end of next month.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #1668

Mona enjoy your veggies..

Deb. how s the soup
Old 02-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #1669

Melinda i want to lose a 100 pounds by then too! the soup was AWESOME!

trying to figure out what to wear to steven's play tonight going to be rough with Ken's PTSD and the dark and 3 hours worth of Shakespeare
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #1670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can totally understand this Melinda. There have been so many times I was good on low carb for like, a week, and didn't lose a thing or even gain a pound or two. Then my rationalizing brain says "I might as well have eaten what I wanted this week!" We just have to stick with it. I know easier said than done.

I am purging the fridge of the carby foods. Can you believe I'm sad about tossing out canned biscuits? They aren't even that good!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #1671
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb how did you make your soup? Recipe please.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #1672

not LC ! i got it off the net let me see if i can find it
Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #1673

Quote:
Here's what you are going to need:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup of celery, sliced
2 cans (14.5 ounce each) of stewed tomatoes
1 can (15 ounce) of tomato sauce
2 envelopes of Lipton Onion Soup mix
1/2 tablespoon sugar
16 ounces of frozen vegetables (I use peas, carrots, corn and green beans)
6 ounces (about 1 cup uncooked) elbow macaroni
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups water

Here's what you need to do:

In a large heavy bottom dutch oven over medium heat, brown the ground beef.

Add the two envelopes of onion soup mix.

Mix well.

Add the celery and the water.

Add the stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce.

Add the sugar, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir.

Add the frozen mixed vegetables. No need to thaw. They'll cook right in the soup.

Mix well.

Cover and bring to a boil.

Add the pasta.

Cook until the pasta is tender but not mushy. You'll need to stir frequently, scraping the bottom of the pot so that the pastas doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.

All that's left now is to enjoy this easy version of vegetable beef soup!

**Here's a tip. If you have leftover cooked vegetables from you meals, keep a large freezer bag in the freezer and just keep throwing your leftover vegetables in there until you have enough for soup!
i also cut up an onion and put it in it and used quite a bit of pepper and worchestershire
Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #1674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I can totally understand this Melinda. There have been so many times I was good on low carb for like, a week, and didn't lose a thing or even gain a pound or two. Then my rationalizing brain says "I might as well have eaten what I wanted this week!" We just have to stick with it. I know easier said than done.

I am purging the fridge of the carby foods. Can you believe I'm sad about tossing out canned biscuits? They aren't even that good!
Oooooohhhh but you can make those good,

Your right Mona.its almost like I have to tell myself to act like an adult....don't go on a tantrum and cheat kind of thing....
Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #1675

Deb....its going to be a great night....have the best time..
Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #1676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Deb! I wonder how it would be if I left out the pasta? Then it would be moderately low carb.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #1677

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Good Saturday Morning Everybody!!

It is sunny and blindingly beautiful here. We ended up with a foot of snow here. I shoveled two days in a row. We had to do our cul-de-sac as well with that much snow. Our cul-de-sac goes uphill and you sink in the bottom turning in. Well, most of us do. My neighbor who drives a Toyota Tundra doesn't. LOL My neighbors on either side of me have snowblowers and one across the cul-de-sac as well. However, the neighbor to my left, who is actually the first house on the right as you turn into our street, well, I don't know how to say it, they are lazy? self centered? non community oriented? Most of us were out shoveling but not them. Then the wife left to go to the store and got stuck trying to get back into the cul-de-sac. The new neighbors across the street from them went to help dig her out. I am sorry to say this, but, I told dh that we were not going to go help her (at this point we had been shoveling the street to make clear paths for cars) as her husband and son and his girlfriend were all inside their house and by golly they could come out and clear a path for her. We had been shoveling for 3 hours at this point! She tried again and got right up to three feet from her driveway and got stuck again. After finally shoveling with the neighbors, she went inside her house.

About 30 minutes later her husband and son and his girlfriend came out to shovel. Now, my neighbor on the right saw their snowblower in their garage and asked them why they weren't using it. The husband said it wouldn't work so my neighbor who is very mechanically inclined looked at it, drained the old gasoline, cleaned the carburetor and got it working. They used the snowblower on their driveway and then went back inside!!!!!! Meanwhile my dh and my good Samaritan neighbor where using his smaller snowblower and shovels to keep trying to clear the street. What is up with some people? Even if they didn't want to do the work, couldn't they have offered to let another neighbor use the now repaired snow blower? Is it bad of me to think such thoughts? Even my (normally self centered, self absorbed teen age) son and his friends ended up helping a few drivers shovel out when they were out and about.

Anyhow, I have some sore muscles from all the shoveling. Definitely proving how old and out of shape I am. but
Wow, KC, that was quite the workout you got! Those neighbors to the left of your sound like not very nice people they wouldn't even help their own mother when she got stuck in the snow. And then after someone cleaned out and fix their snowblower, they wouldn't let anybody else to use it. They should've left this woman walked out of her car and walked through the snow to her house because it seems like she was not very grateful, either.

So, you're still snowed in, I can believe you are out and about driving in the snow and taking the kids to all of their activities.

When there is snow and ice here I always stay home, I'm super scared of driving out on the highways.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #1678

i left out the pasta but i thought the mixed veggies were pretty high?/ it was good without the pasta

Steven just called and said he left us 2 free tickets at the door! whoohoo saved 20 bucks!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #1679

Quote:
MonaBona... lets see....Menu Subject to change.. but....

Fruit Salad.. got some strawberries and blackberries and pineapple and Mandarin oranges...

Marinated salad... cukes, tomatoes, olives, arthichoke.. red wine vinegar dressing

Cauliflower Ranch salad.. cauliflower, olives, bacon and a dressing with 1 tablesoon of mayo and 1 tablespoon of sour cream and a couple shakes of the Hidden Ranch, Ranch dip mix. mix it all together...

Potato salad.. 4 New red potatoes.. green onion. I think this time egg.. mayo....

Pork Crusted oven fried chicken.. I know not your favorite...

Deli Roast beef.. I bought some deli roast beef.... and I am going to make a gravy with beef stock, beef bouillon, sour cream and HWC, shallots and mushrooms...I hear people all the time say they use Deli Roast beef for different recipes.. so this is one I made up in my head...

Lony's Hotdog, bacon and Cheese.. couldn't find the string cheese.. but they had Muenster on sale.. and I love Muenster when it melts... LOL...

Asian Noodles.. a recipe I found.. I am going to cook some Top Ramen in the water, very little and use all the soup packets in it to make the noodles strong with flavor.. and then you take your stir fried veggies...got some trader hoes sitting in my freezer..and cook those and mix the noodles with the veggies with some Hoison sauce.. it says to add chicken.. but I am not going to sweat that...

Baked Chicken in creamy tomato sauce .. which is the chicken with tomato, basil.. hope the dry kind is ok and Mascarpone cheese....

Trader Joes....Barbecue Teriyaki chicken.. I know I know but I couldn't resist!!!

Mexican Pie.. which is simple ground beef, couple shakes of taco seasoning, corn and tortillas and cheese and tomato sauce layered.. that is more for my baby...a small one is what I will make...

Crockpot barbecue beef.. it is supposed to be made with Pork Country Ribs...did you know Pork Country ribs is just cut up pork chops.. I saw that on America's test kitchen.. anyway so I bought an on sale chuck roast I will cut it up in chunks, and the other ingredients are onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, paprika, pepper.. see how that comes out.. I bought a tiny roast...

Hot chocolate brownies.. I got the mix in the 99 cent store...

Ice cream

I am hoping that will be enough....

That's my menu..
Melindochka, Wow, you are cooking so much! And such a diverse spread with all kinds of things in it! Keep up the good work, girly! I am in awe of you.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #1680

I forgot too with the leftover corn tortillas i am going to make some quesadillas too....it's good for my kid he loves to take them to school...