Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #1621
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Eliza---wow, 12 hours! You probably needed it. I hope you can fight off whatever is looming over you. HUGS
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #1622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Good Morning Sunshines! It is going to snow today & the hubs is sick. I am sending him back to the man camp on Wednesday with a few bottles of lysol. You have that many people cooped up the are just going to be passing germs back and forth.

Had a great time last night. I was the designated drinker and I took my job seriously. That cherry vodka is very dangerous.

Now to go catch up. Y'all were chatty while I was away.
Oh no, hope you don't get his sickness. You have had enough this winter. I'm glad you're so good at your job.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #1623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Earlier in the week I had made a chocolate cobbler in the crockpot. It really ends up pretty much a lava cake. Youngest really liked it. The rest of us eat it warm with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on top (think of Sue whenever I get out the Blue Bell) and youngest likes it without ice cream. We made another crock of it last night as she really wanted more. And, who am I to turn down a request from my daughter especially when she wants to actually do work in the kitchen and help make it?!!!! It was a good learning experience for her. She had taken FACS in the fall and during the kitchen/cooking segment they only baked but didn't get to mix cookie dough. This is an interesting recipe. I remember wondering how it would/could work the first time I made it.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #1624

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
MonaBona... lets see....Menu Subject to change.. but....

Fruit Salad.. got some strawberries and blackberries and pineapple and Mandarin oranges...

Marinated salad... cukes, tomatoes, olives, arthichoke.. red wine vinegar dressing

Cauliflower Ranch salad.. cauliflower, olives, bacon and a dressing with 1 tablesoon of mayo and 1 tablespoon of sour cream and a couple shakes of the Hidden Ranch, Ranch dip mix. mix it all together...

Potato salad.. 4 New red potatoes.. green onion. I think this time egg.. mayo....

Pork Crusted oven fried chicken.. I know not your favorite...

Deli Roast beef.. I bought some deli roast beef.... and I am going to make a gravy with beef stock, beef bouillon, sour cream and HWC, shallots and mushrooms...I hear people all the time say they use Deli Roast beef for different recipes.. so this is one I made up in my head...

Lony's Hotdog, bacon and Cheese.. couldn't find the string cheese.. but they had Muenster on sale.. and I love Muenster when it melts... LOL...

Asian Noodles.. a recipe I found.. I am going to cook some Top Ramen in the water, very little and use all the soup packets in it to make the noodles strong with flavor.. and then you take your stir fried veggies...got some trader hoes sitting in my freezer..and cook those and mix the noodles with the veggies with some Hoison sauce.. it says to add chicken.. but I am not going to sweat that...

Baked Chicken in creamy tomato sauce .. which is the chicken with tomato, basil.. hope the dry kind is ok and Mascarpone cheese....

Trader Joes....Barbecue Teriyaki chicken.. I know I know but I couldn't resist!!!

Mexican Pie.. which is simple ground beef, couple shakes of taco seasoning, corn and tortillas and cheese and tomato sauce layered.. that is more for my baby...a small one is what I will make...

Crockpot barbecue beef.. it is supposed to be made with Pork Country Ribs...did you know Pork Country ribs is just cut up pork chops.. I saw that on America's test kitchen.. anyway so I bought an on sale chuck roast I will cut it up in chunks, and the other ingredients are onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, paprika, pepper.. see how that comes out.. I bought a tiny roast...

Hot chocolate brownies.. I got the mix in the 99 cent store...

Ice cream

I am hoping that will be enough....

That's my menu..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #1625

Chewie.. Congrats on your newish car.. use it in good health...(that's a Jewish Blessing)

Sue.....OMG.. I will see you in the office!!!!!

Lonykins.. Sounds like you had an awesome couple of days!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #1626

Melinda--love all your different salads. I can't wait till I can have salads again. Not until after my 3 month checkup the first week of March. Plus with such a small tummy, I will only be able to eat a very small serving but it'll be so good.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Earlier in the week I had made a chocolate cobbler in the crockpot. It really ends up pretty much a lava cake. Youngest really liked it. The rest of us eat it warm with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on top (think of Sue whenever I get out the Blue Bell) and youngest likes it without ice cream. We made another crock of it last night as she really wanted more. And, who am I to turn down a request from my daughter especially when she wants to actually do work in the kitchen and help make it?!!!! It was a good learning experience for her. She had taken FACS in the fall and during the kitchen/cooking segment they only baked but didn't get to mix cookie dough. This is an interesting recipe. I remember wondering how it would/could work the first time I made it.
Yum.

How is your youngest doing with eating and her braces?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #1628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi again. I was an energizer bunny today. lol I cleaned the frig, did 2 loads of laundry--i folded and 1 in dryer, emptied d.w., did all the dishes ds14 brought downstairs(GRRR), cleaned the range, all the counters, made burritos, did the dishes again and put them away, went through the pile of misc mail, paid bills, balanced the checkbook, made a meal plan and a list of things to buy and do this next week. Woohoo!!!

Next I really need to get the sheets in the wash and then remake the beds.

Mona--I have been driving a minivan since we moved here in 2004. I'm tired of it and want a car. We decided to spend the money on a rebuilt engine for my dh's car that died because it's in awesome shape with new tires and every gadget ever made inside like heat warmers, etc. The engine comes with a 3 year warranty and dh found a guy to put it in for a great price, he does this on the side. Dh checked with his references and stuff plus the local tow truck driver knows him too. It will end up costing us a lot less than another used car and we will have a great car. Plus my van is worth more than the car so we'll end up with a little surplus cash too.
My oh my you are the Energizer Bunny!!! I have done very little so far today. I got most all of the laundry done yesterday. I do need to clean the bathrooms today......Sigh. Hate that job.

I love love love my 2000 Sienna Minivan. In fact, I want another Sienna or an Odyssey. My family keep trying to talk me out of it since I don't need to transport so many kids all the time but I really like it. The new vans have the seats that collapse into the floor flat so you don't have to take them out. I keep thinking that I could just use one of those minivans as a travel trailer. Collapse the seats at night, put down an air mattress and sleeping bag and save big time on hotel bills while travelling the country. My entire family thinks I am nuts.I have a friend though whose youngest is the same age as my youngest (they are great friends) and she feels the same way about her Honda Odyssey.

Good thing your husband is so handy. My BIL in Houston is as well. He completely overhauled his old rusted out Camaro or Firebird (I can't keep them straight) and it is gorgeous. He had taken every bolt and every part out of the car. He is now going to renovate his SS 44 (does that sound right?) for his son. We are not handy like that.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #1629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Sounds delish Melinda! I'm especially intrigued by the chicken in creamy tomato sauce. Your salads sound devine.....but unfortunately DH and I are rather picky eaters when it comes to veggies. I like some, he likes even less than me. It's really hard for me to think of side dish ideas. I would be happy with some sort of cooked meat and a side salad. Or even just a salad with meat strips in it. But DH doesn't like salad. I don't know why he keeps insisting on doing LC since he hates most of the food on it.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #1630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, wow, look at the time! Off to get youngest. Have a great day!!!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #1631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
DH isn't even interested in bacon wrapped hot dogs, for pete's sake!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #1632

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
My oh my you are the Energizer Bunny!!! I have done very little so far today. I got most all of the laundry done yesterday. I do need to clean the bathrooms today......Sigh. Hate that job.

I love love love my 2000 Sienna Minivan. In fact, I want another Sienna or an Odyssey. My family keep trying to talk me out of it since I don't need to transport so many kids all the time but I really like it. The new vans have the seats that collapse into the floor flat so you don't have to take them out. I keep thinking that I could just use one of those minivans as a travel trailer. Collapse the seats at night, put down an air mattress and sleeping bag and save big time on hotel bills while travelling the country. My entire family thinks I am nuts.I have a friend though whose youngest is the same age as my youngest (they are great friends) and she feels the same way about her Honda Odyssey.

Good thing your husband is so handy. My BIL in Houston is as well. He completely overhauled his old rusted out Camaro or Firebird (I can't keep them straight) and it is gorgeous. He had taken every bolt and every part out of the car. He is now going to renovate his SS 44 (does that sound right?) for his son. We are not handy like that.
i have the sto and go and it it AWESOME!! we have slept in it like that i have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
even when it is just me and Ken i am keeping my van LOL i go to lowes and haul lumber in it (8 foot lumber even) and go to get the straw for Rexies house anything lie that KWIM? shoot i hauled a large all in one cabinet for a friend in it when the seats are UP you have those deep wells for storage the 2 in the middle hold tons and the one behind the back seat does too
oh and i forgot the back seats make tailgate seats too! LOL you open the hatch and flip the seats down backwards and you can watch fireworks ballgames whatever and are comfortable and outta the rain if it happens
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #1633

Quote:
Melinda--love all your different salads. I can't wait till I can have salads again. Not until after my 3 month checkup the first week of March. Plus with such a small tummy, I will only be able to eat a very small serving but it'll be so good.
I need more good salad ideas though..everytime I thumb thru recipes it's the same ones.. so if you come across something good let me know.. LOL..I don't do lettuce.. because I like it to keep for an extra day or two for hubs..

Its better you wait.. cause the real good veggies are coming back into season.....

Do you ever step on the scale??? OMG how can you not..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #1634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
DH isn't even interested in bacon wrapped hot dogs, for pete's sake!
LOL if I told you the list of things that isn't on my hub's list you would laugh... like he is not a big fan of chili.. unless it's from Der Weiner Schnetzel.. however that is spelled...I think Lony's recipe will be good for hubs..cause it probably reheats well in the micro wave...he hates chicken... he won't even try say creamed spinach...if it has cabbage, forget it.. and the chicken I better have it flavored so well he doesn't taste chicken...
Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #1635

Quote:

My dh and boys are currently restoring a 1985 Camaro Z28. It even has T-tops. LOL Remember those? Dh found some racing seatbelts for it and new leather bucket seats he already installed. It is in our barn but the chrysler engine is just a bit too much for dh to handle. He can do most things but not everything.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #1636

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I need more good salad ideas though..everytime I thumb thru recipes it's the same ones.. so if you come across something good let me know.. LOL..I don't do lettuce.. because I like it to keep for an extra day or two for hubs..

Its better you wait.. cause the real good veggies are coming back into season.....

Do you ever step on the scale??? OMG how can you not..
I will step on the scale once a week or every 2 weeks. It messes with my head too much so I keep it to a minimum. I am finally starting to see it in my clothes alot this past week and having to get rid of stuff almost daily.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #1637

Quote:
LOL if I told you the list of things that isn't on my hub's list you would laugh... like he is not a big fan of chili.. unless it's from Der Weiner Schnetzel.. however that is spelled...I think Lony's recipe will be good for hubs..cause it probably reheats well in the micro wave...he hates chicken... he won't even try say creamed spinach...if it has cabbage, forget it.. and the chicken I better have it flavored so well he doesn't taste chicken...
Oh I'm trying a new recipe this week: creamed spinach soup. I think I could eat creamed spinach every single day!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #1638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Sounds delish Melinda! I'm especially intrigued by the chicken in creamy tomato sauce. Your salads sound devine.....but unfortunately DH and I are rather picky eaters when it comes to veggies. I like some, he likes even less than me. It's really hard for me to think of side dish ideas. I would be happy with some sort of cooked meat and a side salad. Or even just a salad with meat strips in it. But DH doesn't like salad. I don't know why he keeps insisting on doing LC since he hates most of the food on it.
Mona.. no disrespect when I say this....but my husband can eat a whole supermarket in an hour...not like my hubs is going to see this..but it is so hard to make dinner for him.. cause half an hour later he is robbing the pantry...and eating 5 fruits, the nuts in the pantry.....couple or 4 slices of American Cheese...no matter what I make or how much he just doesn't fill up...I told Sue.. I wonder if it's head hunger or something...my kid starts yelling at me.. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA who ate my cookies...not me..cause if it was me robbing the pantry I go straight for the salt LOLOL!!

So I have the toughest time man..it's why I start recipe hunting on Sunday Night.. I swear.. OMG one day I put Turnips in a crockpot roast.. I thought wow that is pretty good.. it tasted like the meat juice.. he said yuck I dont like it blah blah..

I am also thinking of making that cabbage and egg pie.. I really love that so much.. but I may have enough for Sunday...
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #1639

Ok---off to strip the beds and get that load going in the washer. Brb
Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #1640

Quote:
Oh I'm trying a new recipe this week: creamed spinach soup. I think I could eat creamed spinach every single day!!!!!!!!!
You know I love spinach.. they had a bag of organic spinach at the 99 cent store once.. and it was just sonny boy and I home for dinner.. so I took out the spinach and sauteed it in butter.. and I thought I will just eat this for dinner...and my son said can I try that.. cause he kept saying he didn't like it cause of what hubs has said.. he tried it and ate the whole pot... LOL...I love it.. tell me how it turns out...
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #1641

Quote:
I will step on the scale once a week or every 2 weeks. It messes with my head too much so I keep it to a minimum. I am finally starting to see it in my clothes alot this past week and having to get rid of stuff almost daily.
I am glad Chewie.. I am going to look to see what I lost this week.. this past 2 days I have been terrible.. and not walking due to the knee hurting and shoveling in food.. ..I am going to check I do Saturday to Saturday...

Mon 2/11.....363.8.. That's when I hit a little depression of what I gained...so I went on a diet LOL...it's not funny

Sat 2/16.....349.8

Sat 2/23.....342.4

I probably would have been into the next decade but the last two days.. I have been mowing too much food in...however on Thurs I was 341.4...so the bright side it was just a one pound gain.. instead of what it usually is like 6 pounds...bleck what I do to myself is ridicolous.....
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #1642

Ok well I guess I am going to visit my Sue...and say hello to Lonykins..and do some stuff..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #1643

Quote:
You know I love spinach.. they had a bag of organic spinach at the 99 cent store once.. and it was just sonny boy and I home for dinner.. so I took out the spinach and sauteed it in butter.. and I thought I will just eat this for dinner...and my son said can I try that.. cause he kept saying he didn't like it cause of what hubs has said.. he tried it and ate the whole pot... LOL...I love it.. tell me how it turns out...
My boys thought they didn't like spinach also but now I have to keep them away or they eat all of it. LOL I will let you know about my review----I think I make it on Tuesday. I don't remember, how bad is that--I only did the meal plan in the last few hours.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #1644

Quote:
I am glad Chewie.. I am going to look to see what I lost this week.. this past 2 days I have been terrible.. and not walking due to the knee hurting and shoveling in food.. ..I am going to check I do Saturday to Saturday...

Mon 2/11.....363.8.. That's when I hit a little depression of what I gained...so I went on a diet LOL...it's not funny

Sat 2/16.....349.8

Sat 2/23.....342.4

I probably would have been into the next decade but the last two days.. I have been mowing too much food in...however on Thurs I was 341.4...so the bright side it was just a one pound gain.. instead of what it usually is like 6 pounds...bleck what I do to myself is ridicolous.....
One good thing is you lose very fast!!! That's awesome!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #1645

Sheets are washing, made a choc pb protein shake(love that PB2), folded the second load of laundry and I'm back. I need to sew one of ds14's tshirts---a good nike one, he tore it bad. WTH???
Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #1646

Not really Chewie.. my mental block comes when it stops..and it will come to a complete halt. I can't get passed it.. I binge out of frustration...its basically TOM and water loss...

Today I had my water pill, my raspberry ketones and some iced coffee.. just trying to stay away from the kitchen.. just trying to get some liquids in...
Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #1647

Melinda---our minds are so hard to figure out. HUGS
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #1648

For sure Chewie...for sure..and I need those hugs!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #1649

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:

Sat 2/16.....349.8

Sat 2/23.....342.4

debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #1650

LOL Deb... it's nothing to jump for joy about.. considering I still have one dress that fits and My bras don't even fit well anymore..and considering remember I got down to 289 here at one time...

How are you doing???