Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #1591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
The calves already born all made it. There were 5 born last night and 3 made it. I am suprised any of them made it. We still have 180 to calve.

This has been an unproductive day off. I did so much yesterday, I wasn't very ambitious today.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #1592
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I have been married going on 35 years in June. We have not been able to keep a vacuum for very long at all. We have had oodles and oodles of different brand names and none are very good, from Kirby, Hoover, Oreck, etc I like the Oreck but even that can't handle my boys and animals very well. Maybe look on consumer reports for the most reliable one?
I have been a consumer reports peep for a long long time. The interesting part I have found - when I go to look up their check rated things - and then go to review boards - sometimes it's a completely different outlook. My mom loved her Kirby - my sister thinks the Rainbow is the best. I have to say - I have never had a vac that I could say that about. That's pretty cute though - none can handle your boys and animals. Maybe that's it in a nutshell - just can't be done. I'm almost convinced that just buying a new vac every year is the way to go.

Thanks for your thoughts though - I appreciate it.

Linda
pansies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #1593
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Linda I found that vacuums lose their suction after the first time I use it...if I had no animals,it would be different...but my dogs shed...sometimes each as big as a basketball....plus the 3 of us has very long hair...hubs, sonny boy and I our hair is down the middle of our backs.....psssst plus I don't really like to vacuum which means I don't do it as much as I should
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #1594

LONYKINS!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #1595

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #1596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Hi Sue, Yes, this happens to me all the time too. Thought it was just me. Hate that mouth feel it gives you. I really like crab - and living so close to the water here in Maryland - but I always get a little tiny piece of shell - never fails. Funny- I just asked my dh about the pumpkin - he loves all things pumpkin - and he said - no he's never noticed. Which makes me wonder - we are eating the same thing - is he just not chewing it? What about your dh - have you mentioned it to him? I've always wondered too if it could be the cinnamon or the pumpkin pie spice I used. Or.......are we such delicate flowers - much like the princess and the pea - and nothing but nothing gets by our senses?

Linda
I guess I am glad to hear someone else has noticed this also. I have used the cheap cinnamon and the expensive one. I know yesterday I grabbed the cheap bottle. I'm thinking this may be the problem. Hubs did say he noticed it but he didn't seem to think it was bad. Each and every bite I took had the tiny pieces of whatever in it! I finally gave up and dumped mine out. I still have some but I am not touching it! I did use pumpkin spice and the cheap cinnamon yesterday. Now I made a pie at TG and it wasn't like this. It just seems to be hit and miss. I think I will dump the cheap cinnamon.
Chewie.....I use Splenda as my sweetener.

lucky.....so glad to hear all the calves made it!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #1597

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Linda I found that vacuums lose their suction after the first time I use it...if I had no animals,it would be different...but my dogs shed...sometimes each as big as a basketball....plus the 3 of us has very long hair...hubs, sonny boy and I our hair is down the middle of our backs.....psssst plus I don't really like to vacuum which means I don't do it as much as I should
We have a shark vac with a pet hair attatchment and OMG it is amazing!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #1598

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
i am soo jealous 65 dollars at wlly world today and i got nada really
If I didn't bargain shop like this, I don't know how we would get by--truthfully. And it's tight now even with all the bargains I find.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I am home for the moment. LOL We just got here and got a call to come to sheridan for a BBQ at 7. Lucky for me spinach dip is fast and easy. I will try to catch up tomorrow and give a full report.

Yahoos for those that need them

& Hugs for those that need those as well.

Missed you girls!!!
Did you have fun? Are you still all pruned up from being in the tub so long?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
The calves already born all made it. There were 5 born last night and 3 made it. I am suprised any of them made it. We still have 180 to calve.

This has been an unproductive day off. I did so much yesterday, I wasn't very ambitious today.
Wow, that's a lot of calves. I'm glad they made it. The worst of winter should be over now.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
I have been a consumer reports peep for a long long time. The interesting part I have found - when I go to look up their check rated things - and then go to review boards - sometimes it's a completely different outlook. My mom loved her Kirby - my sister thinks the Rainbow is the best. I have to say - I have never had a vac that I could say that about. That's pretty cute though - none can handle your boys and animals. Maybe that's it in a nutshell - just can't be done. I'm almost convinced that just buying a new vac every year is the way to go.

Thanks for your thoughts though - I appreciate it.

Linda
I have to agree with you on that. Dh is forever fixing our vacuum---almost on a weekly basis. Lucky that he's so handy.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #1602

So I'm up before the alarm again but that's ok. I have a lot I want to get done today. I have not been napping for the last few days. That is a HUGE difference in my life. I have felt the need to nap for the last 4-5 years. I'm excited. I may actually be getting more energy and feeling better.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #1603

It's only 27 and I LOVE our fireplace. It is instant warmth and comfort.

Oh, the tow truck took dh's chrysler to the mechanic on Thursday to get it's new engine. Dh went over yesterday and the engine is out of the car already. I'm excited. I can't wait to have a car!!!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
We have a shark vac with a pet hair attatchment and OMG it is amazing!
When I had my first 3 dogs.. their hair was nothing like these dogs I have now.. OMG..Each gives off a mound of hair like as big as a basketball....this is without the summer when they shed like a beyotch..OMG that is worse.. and that just causes the vacuum to lose suction...that's why we tiled most of our house except the bedrooms.. it became a major pain in the butt...I would love to get a hand held something that would suck up the dirt....
Old 02-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #1605

Chewie Congrats and not needing a nap...boy it's 5:57 and I could go back now for a nap.. and I hear you on the bargain shopping.. but you seem to have better bargains than me...

Boy my son at home is the laziest...I swear I asked him before I went to sleep to please sweep the living room and the kitchen...and hang the shower curtain for me...well he had no choice but to hang the curtain as hubs teaches today....Why is my kid so lazy.. if it's for him, boy he will up and move but if he doesn't want to do something...then you have to beg...

My knees and my hand is killing me the last 2 days...boy I think I have a case of fatitis and olditis all in one.. but I can't walk not until the knee thing goes away...

Well I am going to search for another salad recipe before I go to the market...
Old 02-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #1606

My boys just asked for breakfast burritos. There are 3 of them--ds14 has a friend over. I guess I better get cooking.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #1607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Good morning everyone!

Chewie there seems to be a lot of good things happening for you right now. Yay for more energy! Yay for all the bargains you scored! Yay for your "new" car! What have you been driving before?

Has anyone used the Dyson vacuums? When I used to watch TV a million years ago I remember seeing commercials with that guy with the British accent promising that the Dyson will never lose suction ever....and it was guaranteed.

Lucky I'm glad that most of your calves made it. Poor lil' guys. Is it still storming in your area? Are you digging out yet? I grew up in SoCal and never experienced snow until we moved to Portland, OR in 2004. It only snowed real big a couple of times per Winter....but Portland isn't really equipped to deal with snow. So when it snowed it caused a lot of headaches. The biggest snow we had was 18 inches over about 2 days. I literally couldn't get out of the parking lot of my apartments. LOL.

Lony I trust that you had a great time luxuriating in your giant bathtub at the hotel. Hope you had some quality time with your hubby. Wow off to a BBQ now! How far of a drive is it to Sheridan?

Deb I'm so glad to hear that Steven's opening night for the play went well. Too bad he's up so late though. Poor kid must be tuckered out. It's such an awesome opportunity for him though.

Sue I don't have canned pumpkin all that often but I don't remember any hard granules in it. I know that pumpkin can be very fibrous. Maybe you just got a bad batch? Unless it's happening all the time with every can. In that case, yes, you might want to start looking into the spices or sweeteners.

Melinda OMG Fresh and Easy was putting arsenic on their lettuce? Someone(s) should be going to jail for that!! I can't believe it. So inquiring minds want to know...what are you fixin' to fix this Sunday. I am totally up for stealing everyone's ideas. I'm having a hard time thinking of LC stuff to cook and stock up on.

Lynn, I also cannot believe you have 3 kids in their 40s. I hope I can lose some weight and do fun, active things like you do all the time.

Well I did Round 1 in the kitchen. Now I'm going to take stock of the food I have and put together a grocery list. No more pussyfooting around!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #1608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Elizakins what are you up to this morning? Probably taking some well deserved rest after your long, hard work week.

KCMama haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well with you and your family. I'm waiting for you to notice my green puppy dog! hahahah.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #1609

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good Morning Sunshines! It is going to snow today & the hubs is sick. I am sending him back to the man camp on Wednesday with a few bottles of lysol. You have that many people cooped up the are just going to be passing germs back and forth.

Had a great time last night. I was the designated drinker and I took my job seriously. That cherry vodka is very dangerous.

Now to go catch up. Y'all were chatty while I was away.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #1610

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Elizakins what are you up to this morning? Probably taking some well deserved rest after your long, hard work week.

KCMama haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well with you and your family. I'm waiting for you to notice my green puppy dog! hahahah.
Monakins, so sweet of you to ask. Came home last night and felt soooo sleepy. Went for a nap at 5:30 telling DS I'd set my alarm for 6:30 so I can spend time with him before he goes to work. Lo and behold, my alarm went off, turned it off but fell back to sleep. Just remember DH coming into the bedroom to give me a kiss before he left. Next time I woke up was 5:36 a.m., almost 12 hrs later.

Most kids and adults around me have been getting sick. Sinus infections, flu, stomach problems, ear infections. weather has been changing and temps dropping and going up then down by 20-30 degrees within hours. Causing havoc with our systems. I've been keeping up with the ACV and cayenne and Kayolic garlic immune formula, so I'm not as sick as the others, but still was getting something. Hence, I think, the need for 12 hrs of sleep.

Anyway, since I woke up so early, I went to Walfarts, then Albertsons for their meat sale and am finally home to hang out with DH.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday, I need to go chop up some of my veggies and stuff and will be back.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #1611
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Mona...two are in their 40's...one is 36... I am missing them. Thinking of going home for Easter...Easter is fun with little ones..(5 grandchildren)...I just hate flying so much...ugh...I am just going to have to suck it up if I want to go though.

Hoping to go to the beach today or tomorrow and just sit and enjoy the sunshine and the ocean view. Haven't been in a while and I miss the tranquility of it..Supposed to be in the low 70's...so, we should take advantage of it..

Slowly coming out of the doldrums from the flu thing...but, I can tell I need a change of scene and some people watching and a few kisses which I have been missing..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #1612

Quote:
So I'm up before the alarm again but that's ok. I have a lot I want to get done today. I have not been napping for the last few days. That is a HUGE difference in my life. I have felt the need to nap for the last 4-5 years. I'm excited. I may actually be getting more energy and feeling better.
WHOOHOO! i am jealous again

sigh even if i had enough never to DO it our insurance will not pay for anything to do with weight loss especailly surgery!

KUTGW!!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #1613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Melinda OMG Fresh and Easy was putting arsenic on their lettuce? Someone(s) should be going to jail for that!! I can't believe it.
omg! why would they do that??

kenny came down cause ashley is at work and they have cleaned out the van and Kennys explorer

i have made a big pot of hamburger veggie soup(Melinda got me thinking of it the other day) and a tuna noodle casserole
ken said he only gets fed when we have company
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #1614

Old 02-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #1615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good Saturday Morning Everybody!!

It is sunny and blindingly beautiful here. We ended up with a foot of snow here. I shoveled two days in a row. We had to do our cul-de-sac as well with that much snow. Our cul-de-sac goes uphill and you sink in the bottom turning in. Well, most of us do. My neighbor who drives a Toyota Tundra doesn't. LOL My neighbors on either side of me have snowblowers and one across the cul-de-sac as well. However, the neighbor to my left, who is actually the first house on the right as you turn into our street, well, I don't know how to say it, they are lazy? self centered? non community oriented? Most of us were out shoveling but not them. Then the wife left to go to the store and got stuck trying to get back into the cul-de-sac. The new neighbors across the street from them went to help dig her out. I am sorry to say this, but, I told dh that we were not going to go help her (at this point we had been shoveling the street to make clear paths for cars) as her husband and son and his girlfriend were all inside their house and by golly they could come out and clear a path for her. We had been shoveling for 3 hours at this point! She tried again and got right up to three feet from her driveway and got stuck again. After finally shoveling with the neighbors, she went inside her house.

About 30 minutes later her husband and son and his girlfriend came out to shovel. Now, my neighbor on the right saw their snowblower in their garage and asked them why they weren't using it. The husband said it wouldn't work so my neighbor who is very mechanically inclined looked at it, drained the old gasoline, cleaned the carburetor and got it working. They used the snowblower on their driveway and then went back inside!!!!!! Meanwhile my dh and my good Samaritan neighbor where using his smaller snowblower and shovels to keep trying to clear the street. What is up with some people? Even if they didn't want to do the work, couldn't they have offered to let another neighbor use the now repaired snow blower? Is it bad of me to think such thoughts? Even my (normally self centered, self absorbed teen age) son and his friends ended up helping a few drivers shovel out when they were out and about.

Anyhow, I have some sore muscles from all the shoveling. Definitely proving how old and out of shape I am. but

It is absolutely gorgeous here. Dh and ds left at 6:30 this morning for MSV Div II West Championship Swim Meet. My son only has one race this morning and 3 tomorrow. He worked 12 hours yesterday at the indoor community pool as they were desperate for lifeguards. He got time and a half and lunch and dinner was provided. His normal pay is $9/hr so time and a half is what $13.50 maybe? He was quite happy when he got home last night. He will have to go from his meet to Core Training this afternoon.

I have taken youngest out to dance classes and then after getting home turned around to take oldest in to work at Macy's. I should be taking a shower but am checking in here instead!

Lucky, saw at the top of this page that some of your calves didn't make it. I am sorry to hear that. I am glad that most of them did. That is a lot of hard work you all do!

Sue, yes, that has happened to me when I make the lc pumpkin recipes. I had ground up my own cloves though in a coffee grinder and figured it was the cloves. Don't know that I have noticed that with cinnamon. I don't like it either. Who wants to feel like they are eating sand or crushed glass? It sounds loud in your head, too.

Mona, I am glad you kept the puppy!!!! He is soooo cute. Waiting to see what your dh comes up with next for Easter. Maybe a pastel tye dye?I shall be waiting.......

Ok, I am sure that this post is long enough. I shall type another later! And yes, that is a threat!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #1616

Lonykins.. Welcome back you sexy thing.. it seems like weeks since you have been here!!!! hmmm sounds like I have heard that from somewhere....

Lynn.. Weather is getting warmer this week.. maybe that will lift you up some....I tend to be the opposite.. I get more depressed as the weather gets hotter....

Elizakins..Good Morning Ms Texas cutie..

Deb..I am so glad the kids are coming over...I love the soup.. but these two won't eat it as a meal...they would laugh at me.. and then trade me in.. but for me.. I have always loved that meal in a cup kind of thing....I pretend the ribbons of cabbage is noodles!! LOL... enjoy your visit debdoodleydoodoo....

LindaBinda.. I gotta tell you.. so my Smart N Finals.. which is like a mini mini mini Costco and some things are way overpriced there and some things aren't..is right next door to my Trader Hoes...so I got there and Smart N Finals was open and Trader Hoes opened in 20 minutes.. so I took a look see in my Smart N Finals and noticed they had the same brand of Marscapone cheese as does Trader Hoes.. so I thought OMG OMG OMG SCORE!!!! so I ran over there and their price was 5.99.. so after I picked myself up from the floor.. I got the VAPORS!! LOL....I got some lunchmeat they had on sale and and some granite cleaner..I hope that works.. cause I only like the one from Lowes.. but didn't want to fork over the 9 bucks for it.. and I checked out of there.. and went to Trader Hoes.. and got my Marscapone Cheese same brand mind you for 2.99...I got my baby a tri tip wrap sandwich and I shouldn't have to be honest.. cause he didn't sweep the floor for me.. so he better get on it when he wakes up...I had to bypass the chicken potstickers.. those are my favorite.. their brand..other brands have big ole crunchy things in them and they are much higher and not as good as...so thank you for mentioning Trader Hoes LOL!!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #1617

Kcmama.. this is the reason why I hate neighbors.. that really stinks...seriously...I am sorry that happened.. how terrible...
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #1618
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
It's only 27 and I LOVE our fireplace. It is instant warmth and comfort.

Oh, the tow truck took dh's chrysler to the mechanic on Thursday to get it's new engine. Dh went over yesterday and the engine is out of the car already. I'm excited. I can't wait to have a car!!!!!
Yeah, it was sunny and around the mid 20s here yesteday. I was sweating while shoveling and had to take off my coat and gloves! The sun is powerful. When you think about how things freeze at 32 degrees and below it is kind of interesting and amazing to see snow melting in 20 degree temps. Who knew?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #1619

Hi again. I was an energizer bunny today. lol I cleaned the frig, did 2 loads of laundry--i folded and 1 in dryer, emptied d.w., did all the dishes ds14 brought downstairs(GRRR), cleaned the range, all the counters, made burritos, did the dishes again and put them away, went through the pile of misc mail, paid bills, balanced the checkbook, made a meal plan and a list of things to buy and do this next week. Woohoo!!!

Next I really need to get the sheets in the wash and then remake the beds.

Mona--I have been driving a minivan since we moved here in 2004. I'm tired of it and want a car. We decided to spend the money on a rebuilt engine for my dh's car that died because it's in awesome shape with new tires and every gadget ever made inside like heat warmers, etc. The engine comes with a 3 year warranty and dh found a guy to put it in for a great price, he does this on the side. Dh checked with his references and stuff plus the local tow truck driver knows him too. It will end up costing us a lot less than another used car and we will have a great car. Plus my van is worth more than the car so we'll end up with a little surplus cash too.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #1620
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KCMama it's hard not to think bad thoughts about neighbors like that! I'll bet you are pooped with all that snow shoveling!

I'm about ready to get dressed and head out to the store.