Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #1561
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I wouldn't have a problem with Hummus...cause I wouldn't have any!!! bleck!!!!

But even if you have more than 2 tablespoons.. it can't be all that bad...

I was having a pretty good morning.. even though it's 7:37 only.. and in the car my son said that I have called him fat.. which is a balled faced lie I would never in a million zillion years ever call him that.. cause of my own upbringing...and I stopped talking to him...I told him that hit me in a spot..and that is an untruth.. so he said well if you know it isn't true than why get mad.. and I had to really laugh to myself.. because while my son was dating his girlfriend, he said the most awful things about her...I would tell him that, it was not nice and if you feel this way then you have to cease the relationship....last night my hubs mentioned her name and he really got bent out of shape....I mean angry...and about 3 weeks ago I asked him, do you talk to her and you would think I asked him the most horrible of questions, he got so angry.. and I said to myself oh oh that has become a sore spot to him.. for some reason.. I mean he has done a complete 360.....so it's funny with teens and people in general, how they can do and say things...it's ok...just pissed me off royally...he told my hubs last night.. GOD POPS your mean why do you say things.. I had to blink my eyes when he said well if you know it's the truth than why get mad OMG!!!!! GRRRR...

So I am going to the 99 cent store and hoping there are so good deals and finds there.. unlike last week...wish me luck...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #1562

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Melinda--kids are crazy! Good luck at the 99 cent store.

I'm debating on going up to that tyson store. I don't have much freezer room but they do have deli sliced turkey or chicken for only $3 for 2 lbs!!! That is a staple in our house.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #1563

Time for me to start my weekend. Woohoo!!! Guess I'll go home, get organized and then head out for errands, etc.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #1564

Thanks Chewie.....all I found was snaks for my kid..llbut I did get a few of my essentials...
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #1565
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
QUESTION for everyone......all most every time I make pumpkin anything I bite down and get these tiny little bites of what feels and sound like glass or something!! I have wondered if it comes from the pumpkin or maybe the cinnamon. I couldn't even eat my LC pumpkin tonight because it was so bad! I never can retrieve a piece of it because it is so tiny. It is almost like eating a tiny, tiny piece of sand. Does anyone else experience this ever?
Hi Sue, Yes, this happens to me all the time too. Thought it was just me. Hate that mouth feel it gives you. I really like crab - and living so close to the water here in Maryland - but I always get a little tiny piece of shell - never fails. Funny- I just asked my dh about the pumpkin - he loves all things pumpkin - and he said - no he's never noticed. Which makes me wonder - we are eating the same thing - is he just not chewing it? What about your dh - have you mentioned it to him? I've always wondered too if it could be the cinnamon or the pumpkin pie spice I used. Or.......are we such delicate flowers - much like the princess and the pea - and nothing but nothing gets by our senses?

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #1566
Major LCF Poster!

Today was the LAST eye doc apt for the cataract surgery........she says everything looks good - pressure is great - don't even need glasses to drive anymore. How about that? Still need a small correction for reading, so all in all - great report. I'm done with drops..............whoooooooooooooooo.

I'm still reading all the posts...........you know it's just so nice how we can go in/out and still catch up on all that's happening with each other. A nice comfy place. You're all the best medicine around.

Linda
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #1567
Major LCF Poster!

Vacuum cleaners you love or hate....especially with dog hair.......would you buy it again? Noisy? Bagless or bag? Everyone with dogs - how do you handle the wood floors? Sounds like I'm taking a survery - lol - I am. Wondering if there is a wonderful vacuum that I'm missing. HELP ladies..........I'm not Mrs. Clean here or anything, but surely there is a better way.

Linda
Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #1568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hi Linda! Glad you got a good report from the eye doctor, and that you are done with your drops.

I have a Eureka upright with a bag. I purposely bought one with a bag because I don't like the bagless. It's a mess trying to dump out the loose debris into a trash can. I think I bought it at Walmart years ago for around $100. It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #1569
Major LCF Poster!

LOL- as usual - once I start talking I don't stop.

Lony - know that you are having a terrific time on your romantic get away with your sweetie. I'm sure Fred isn't all that happy with the situation, he'll be a happy lil puppy when you pick him up.

Sue - the pictures of Eli and Layla are just so beautiful. Same with Lony's pictures of her lil grandbabies - been a while since we've seen Lony jr. Such sweet faces - always loved the 'dairy queen' rolls of fat on their little legs. Congrats on getting back on the LC wagon. I so need to do that too. I know I feel better - being more accountable. Writing it down is always the best way - works much better for me too. Good that your dh is on board with it. Mine is a carb junky - problem is - he doesn't have a problem processing them like I do. If I ate all the carbs he does I'd weigh 500 lb without a doubt.

Mona - sure sounds like you are enjoying your staycation.........hope your bp gets regulated very soon. Nice when you find a doctor that you relate more to. Hard enough going to the doc - and having to feel even worse when you come out just because it's so hard to connect with them. Get back on that LC eating with dh real soon.

Melinda - you know - you keep moving every day - going to your stores for the specials and such. That along with your walking at home, I think you are doing good. I thought of you this morning when I was in Trader Joe's. Got some almond flour - and yes - it's 3.99 here too. Also - walking down the frozen food aisles - kept trying to remember some of the ones you get. Nope - couldn't do it. Do you have favorites that you buy often?

Eliza - I have a niece that lives in Austin. She loves Texas too. Have you ever read the book by Dr. Kessler - think he was former surgeon general? About the processing of our foods. I think I'm going to get it from the library and read it again - it was really interesting. I have to ask - just how do you go about getting in the cayenne and ACV? not together surely? All I could think of was - oooooh - her poor tummy.

KC - where has KC been lately? Did I miss her posting? Although - she's such a busy gal - amazes me what she gets accomplished - not only for your family, but your volunteer work. I miss that. Since we moved here I haven't done any of it - not the abuse center, not the food bank. Kept thinking I'd wait till we got moved into our house and then I'll get involved with it again.

Which brings me to the house situation............so freaking frustrating. If I never had to do business with a bank again I wouldn't You cannot tell me - if people were doing their jobs that this couldn't have been done in a more timely manner. Now they are moving the closing up to the end of March - to mid April. Whether it's a short sale or foreclosure - this just should not be. We bailed them out - and they're still calling all the shots. Meanwhile a house sits empty - just waiting to be vandalized. Ok - I'm done with my rant...............I'll step down off my lil pedestal. Although - given the state of the Congress and Senate I might just get back on. Same thing - if they would just do their job - compromise - whatever - ..............lol - sorry - I did say I was stepping down............

Linda
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #1570
Major LCF Poster!

continuing - see - told you once I start I don't stop. Almost done.......bare with me.

Chewie - Are you still exercising? They say that should help with the extra skin too. How is it going - you cooking so much - and being able to eat so little. I know a lot of my eating is vision oriented - you know - see food - eat food........and not stopping soon enough. Sounds like you have found a way to curb that in your head. I know you said you have gotten sick if you eat too much. Good to hear that your boys are doing LC again too. We both know - this weight is lots harder to deal with the longer you carry it. I know I always watched my boys weight, and thankfully they do not have weight issues. They're big guys, but look very good. I'm very thankful of that.

Deb, Deb, Deb.........I think about you so often.........I worry about you too. You are such a sweet soul and help all of us so much with your pictures and information you find for us. So glad that Steven is involved with the play. Opening night last night - bet he was excited and exhausted. I think it's wonderful that he's found a love of drama - you never know where that might lead - it's such a great way to express and get rid of stress in his life. I'm excited to think of him out of HS and on his way to being a great college guy. Still keeping Ken in thought and prayer with the job situation. And you - know how you worry, stress, and stew over your guys. We are Moms and Mothers - it's what makes us tick. Drives us crazy/nuts - but it is what it is.

Lucky - that was some storm you had. Thanks for not sending it east - think it's going north. Although they did say we might have some rain/black ice tonight, nothing like the snow and drifts. Good that you were able to stay home and out of it. How's your dh since cataract surgery - did his eyes get a lot better vision wise? I've been very pleased with mine. Had my last visit this morning - and all was good news.

Hi Cinnamon - I always think of you and Melinda out there in beautiful California - all that sunshine - mountain vistas. One of these days I'm going to make it out there for a trip. Been as far west as Colorado Springs - it was beautiful. Lived there 2 years - sure can see why people love it out west.

Hi Focus - nice to see a new face posting. You're already on the right track, getting back to eating LC. Keep it up - and post often - let us know more about you.

Ok - I think I'm talked out...............for a little while anyway......\

Linda
Old 02-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #1571
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hi Linda! Glad you got a good report from the eye doctor, and that you are done with your drops.

I have a Eureka upright with a bag. I purposely bought one with a bag because I don't like the bagless. It's a mess trying to dump out the loose debris into a trash can. I think I bought it at Walmart years ago for around $100. It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done.
Thanks Mona - Right now I'm using a bagless Dyson. Don't really think you have to spend that much money for a good vac though. I conquered the 'mess factor'. Got a compactor - love that thing - it makes emptying the bagless so easy - just compact everything - layer with newspaper and compact again.

Someone mentioned your avatar. He is the cutest lil pup. You can go monthly with a different color/theme and it would never get old. I remember when people had those ducks by their doors - dressing them in holiday finery or rain gear. Get dh to get artistic for you. He does a good job of it.

Linda
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #1572
Major LCF Poster!

Ok - I'll quit - guess I scared everyone away! My daddy used to tell me that I talked faster than he could listen.............oh my - how I miss that man. Always will. sigh.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #1573
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Ok - I'll quit - guess I scared everyone away! My daddy used to tell me that I talked faster than he could listen.............oh my - how I miss that man. Always will. sigh.
LOL...that's a good one...talking faster than he could listen...

Yes..we have sunshine..today is beautiful...it seems to be extraodinarily beautiful until someone comes to visit...

Glad your eyes came out so wonderfully...even it it isn't a word..
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #1574
Big Yapper!!!!

Speaking of weather...my son sent me a video this morning of him flying down a hill in New Hampshire on a sled....(he is 41..lol)...he must have taken it with his cell phone...I still laugh when I think of it...especially at the end where he almost crashes into a bush...brought back SUCH memories of sledding...me as a kid and then with my kids. They are in NH for a little vaca with the kids..he sent me a little video yesterday of two of the kids flying down the hill...he took it from the top..but, this one was so funny...because you can hear him comment just like a little kid......so, glad they are having so much fun...warms my heart.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 02-22-2013 at 12:01 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #1575

Linda.. I am so glad to hear all is ok with your eyes...that is wonderful....Hubs and I keep putting off going to the bank to see if we can refinance to a lower rate... but at our age we would only go 15 years.. anyway we are dreading that cause we have a feeling they won't be able to help us.. and I really hate banks to begin with....bleck....I hear your frustration...I can scream for you I swear.....

I use a Dyson as well.. I have the first one ever made.. I only have carpets in the bedrooms...that Dyson cost me over 300 bucks..and we have Pyrenees so their hair OMG an ordinary vacuum wont pick it up...then the vacuum broke down after probably 6 years.. so we took it to the vacuum shop and it fixed for 125.00...he said to my husband boy you have the first model ever LOL!! Hubs wants one of those Dyson's bladeless fans.. why I have no idea.. cause it's a gadget..anyway I am the opposite of Mona, we used to drop so much dust from the bag...and the belts...now my son just takes it right to the garbage can outside and pushes the button and it's all gone...but we still have that problem where dreck catches on the bottom if you know what I mean...

As for Trader Joes...I love their Potstickers.. OMG I can open a can of campbell's chicken noodle soup and pour in the entire bag I swear.. and my son loves their California Suishi...I really love frozen asparagus and Artichokes...and those buttered corn and the mixed veggies.. hubs loves every flavor of their enchiladas...their meat is way too high for me...and so is there fruits...and don't ask about the chocolate covered raspberry jelly candy LOLOL!!! and oh my son really loves their frozen orange chicken is it...and cream cheese and laughing cow is cheaper there...and I saw the last time, they had pizza dough already made in a seran wrap.. so you I guess just roll it out and make your own pizza...I am dying to try that...but most of all my favorite thing there and which I am going to buy tomorrow for Sunday...IS MASCARPONE CHEESE!!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #1576

Lynn....I am glad he is having a good time.. been watching how much snow everyone is having everywhere..
Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #1577
Big Yapper!!!!

I am headed to the chiropractor...but, now I think I have to stop at Trader Joe's on the way home...LOL We also have a Sprout's that is supposed to open any second right down the street...I wish it would hurry up. Heading to Whole Foods this weekend also...I enjoy these stores SO much more than regular grocery stores...seems like a special event instead of the drudgery of looking at...umm...crap?..lol

The only time I go to other stores is to get meat...do you have Fresh and Easy near you, Melinda?...I think I may have already asked you that.

Last edited by CinnamonSpice; 02-22-2013 at 12:12 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #1578

Yeah Fresh and Easy...is away a ways.. but I wouldn't have any problem getting there.. except they are in big trouble I hear.. their stores aren't too popular in California and they will be closing...and they admitted putting arsenic on their lettuce in their salads.. to keep it from wilting....man that just stinks... you know when Bill Maher says on his show that we are sicker because of the chemicals in our food.. man he is so right...

Man I love Sprouts.. too rich for my blood.. but sometimes they have these great fresh veggies on sale or eggs and I march down there..... and then let's not talk about the bulk bins OMG those are addicting.. but I just love what they have to offer in them besides the candy and nuts....
Old 02-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #1579

Quote:
Today was the LAST eye doc apt for the cataract surgery........she says everything looks good - pressure is great - don't even need glasses to drive anymore. How about that? Still need a small correction for reading, so all in all - great report. I'm done with drops..............whoooooooooooooooo.

I'm still reading all the posts...........you know it's just so nice how we can go in/out and still catch up on all that's happening with each other. A nice comfy place. You're all the best medicine around.

Linda
That's fantastic, Linda.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #1580

Quote:
Vacuum cleaners you love or hate....especially with dog hair.......would you buy it again? Noisy? Bagless or bag? Everyone with dogs - how do you handle the wood floors? Sounds like I'm taking a survery - lol - I am. Wondering if there is a wonderful vacuum that I'm missing. HELP ladies..........I'm not Mrs. Clean here or anything, but surely there is a better way.

Linda
I have been married going on 35 years in June. We have not been able to keep a vacuum for very long at all. We have had oodles and oodles of different brand names and none are very good, from Kirby, Hoover, Oreck, etc I like the Oreck but even that can't handle my boys and animals very well. Maybe look on consumer reports for the most reliable one?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #1581
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, we are waiting on a report from Steven's opening night.

Linda, my husband is doing great. He doesn't need glasses anymore, but he has some readers he uses when he is reading. Glad your's came out well.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #1582

So I ran a bunch of errands. I did go up to the tyson store--couldn't help myself. Got 10 packs of the lunch meat---5 of turkey and 5 of chicken breast, 2 lbs each so 20 lbs of meat now in my freezer for $1.50 a pound. Plus they had those tequila lime wings that walfarts carries and 2.5 lbs of boneless breasts for only $4.50 so I got 2 of those too. Plus 10 lbs of bacon for only $22!!!!!!!!!!! After that I stopped at a consignment store I like up that way and found 2 tops for me, a leopard print satin blouse, a nice glass bowl and a ls dress shirt for ds18--all for $21. Then off to Big Lots. Picked up some needed stuff like soap, pantiliners, etc. After that was Target for chobani yogurt---they have 4 packs for $2.50 and I found $1 coupons so I got 4-4 packs for only $6. Also stopped at the bank to dep my paycheck and the local Chinese place to pick up that soup that dh loves---hot and sour. I am DONE. Tired now.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #1583

Linda, cooking is a necessary evil. I enjoy it most of the time because it's for my boys and their health. I do eat a tiny portion and it's almost silly. If it were just me, I'd probably be eating frozen lean cuisine or off a rotisserie chicken all week long.

I have not gotten sick in weeks so I'm learning how much my small tummy can handle. I have no problems getting in my water either. I do miss my afternoon coffee pick me up but I limit myself to only 1 cup in the morning.

Oh and thanks for asking--you are so sweet. HUGS
Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #1584

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:

Linda
oh i am so glad to hear from you!! i have been worried! i am glad t=your appointment went well!!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #1585

Quote:

Linda
no advice just HUGS cause i am being overwhelmed wioth dust and fuzz lately i use my reg vac even the SHOPVAC and a swiffer and broom AGUH i do not know what i am doing wrong my mom never even had a vaccuum and her place was never this dusty
Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSpice View Post
Speaking of weather...my son sent me a video this morning of him flying down a hill in New Hampshire on a sled....(he is 41..lol)...he must have taken it with his cell phone...I still laugh when I think of it...especially at the end where he almost crashes into a bush...brought back SUCH memories of sledding...me as a kid and then with my kids. They are in NH for a little vaca with the kids..he sent me a little video yesterday of two of the kids flying down the hill...he took it from the top..but, this one was so funny...because you can hear him comment just like a little kid......so, glad they are having so much fun...warms my heart.
sounds like soo much FUN! no way uyou have a 41 year old Kid!!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Deb, we are waiting on a report from Steven's opening night.

Linda, my husband is doing great. He doesn't need glasses anymore, but he has some readers he uses when he is reading. Glad your's came out well.
it went well! and he got out at 11PM dumb me didn't ;eave the house until then but hey first time he got to bed this week before midnight
have you all been able to go out and check on the calves??
Old 02-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
So I ran a bunch of errands. I did go up to the tyson store--couldn't help myself. Got 10 packs of the lunch meat---5 of turkey and 5 of chicken breast, 2 lbs each so 20 lbs of meat now in my freezer for $1.50 a pound. Plus they had those tequila lime wings that walfarts carries and 2.5 lbs of boneless breasts for only $4.50 so I got 2 of those too. Plus 10 lbs of bacon for only $22!!!!!!!!!!! After that I stopped at a consignment store I like up that way and found 2 tops for me, a leopard print satin blouse, a nice glass bowl and a ls dress shirt for ds18--all for $21. Then off to Big Lots. Picked up some needed stuff like soap, pantiliners, etc. After that was Target for chobani yogurt---they have 4 packs for $2.50 and I found $1 coupons so I got 4-4 packs for only $6. Also stopped at the bank to dep my paycheck and the local Chinese place to pick up that soup that dh loves---hot and sour. I am DONE. Tired now.
i am soo jealous 65 dollars at wlly world today and i got nada really
Old 02-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #1589
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
sounds like soo much FUN! no way uyou have a 41 year old Kid!!
I have three...the oldest is actually 44...
Old 02-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #1590

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
I am home for the moment. LOL We just got here and got a call to come to sheridan for a BBQ at 7. Lucky for me spinach dip is fast and easy. I will try to catch up tomorrow and give a full report.

Yahoos for those that need them

& Hugs for those that need those as well.

Missed you girls!!!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote