LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #961
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Well if we don't spend the money by the end of the year you lose it. They won't let you use it to pay off bills other than medical stuff.
Oh yeah, that makes sense. We always go way over on the max amount which is $2500 so we'd use the whole amount anyway.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #962

I think I'm going to go shower and hit the road. We need milk and since I'm heading that way, I'll stop at my fav thrift store. I can purge later. LOL or not at all.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #963
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Melinda!!! I cut and pasted the recipe you and Focus posted this morning.

I am in a sad mood after my argument with my son this morning. I need to go upstairs and clean out the drawers in youngest's desk. They are full of things she doesn't use anymore as she has outgrown them.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well if we don't spend the money by the end of the year you lose it. They won't let you use it to pay off bills other than medical stuff.
Our deal is like yours Lony. Chewie, is yours an HSA vs a FSA?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #965
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
KC--sorry your ds is being difficult. Kids just don't think of anyone but themselves. Glad he made it safe.
You are so right. It is the nature of the teen, self absorbed. He is one of those people who bring up things that happened in the past to throw in your face during an argument. He twists and distorts things to represent himself in the best light. This morning one of the things he threw at me was my not going to all of his swim meets because I had to do other things like take his sister to dance, etc., to my just taking food to swim team dinners and not staying (even though he did not want anyone to see me....), then my not making any friends with the parents at his new high school. His cruelty and insensitivity just amaze me.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #966

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Kcmama you can take some comfort in the knowledge that someday he will have a child just like him!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Kcmama you can take some comfort in the knowledge that someday he will have a child just like him!
Yeah. I vascillate btwn that idea and the thought that truly he shouldn't ever have any kids!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #968

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Melinda!!! I cut and pasted the recipe you and Focus posted this morning.

I am in a sad mood after my argument with my son this morning. I need to go upstairs and clean out the drawers in youngest's desk. They are full of things she doesn't use anymore as she has outgrown them.
Kcmama...I so can relate! Hope you and sonny boy get it straightened out..

Chewie...I will take all hugs, I need it!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #969

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Kcmama big giant hugs.....they know how to get to the jugular....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #970

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi girls!

KC, teenage boys can be quite frustrating, but things get better.

I'm having a quiet Saturday morning trying to shake off the stress from the workweek. Then the usual chore stuff. Kiddo is going to the Military Ball tonight, will be wearing his uniform.

Oh yeah, I know I posted to Facebook, but forgot to mention on here. DS received an acceptance letter from one of his two preferred colleges -UNT.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 02-16-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Lony i made a cake similar to this before. It is yum. Do you guys not like soy? i attempted it with soy and almond flour and it has a slight sweet taste. Lovely for cakes

Welcome to the thread Lola!! I find reading and posting on this site so helpful in keeping me on track. Everyones stat is so motivating x
Focus, anything soy is dangerous due to the havoc it wreaks on our hormones. I don't eat mayo and salad dressing any more because here they make them with soybean oil.

This from an article by Dr. Mercola:
Quote:
One of the primary reasons it would be wise for you to avoid soy is that more than 90 percent of soybeans grown in the United States are genetically modified. Since the introduction of genetically engineered foods in 1996, we've had an upsurge in low birth weight babies, infertility, and other problems in the U.S., and animal studies have shown devastating effects from genetically engineered soy including allergies, sterility, birth defects, and offspring death rates up to five times higher than normal.

Soybean crops are also heavily sprayed with chemical herbicides, such glyphosate, which a French team of researchers have found to be carcinogenic.

Soybeans -- even organically grown soybeans -- naturally contain "antinutrients" such as saponins, soyatoxin, phytates, trypsin inhibitors, goitrogens and phytoestrogens. Traditional fermentation destroys these antinutrients, which allows your body to enjoy soy's nutritional benefits. However, most Westerners do not consume fermented soy, but rather unfermented soy, mostly in the form of soymilk, tofu, TVP, and soy infant formula.

Unfermented soy has the following 10 adverse affects on your body:

1. High Phytic Acid (Phytates): Reduces assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking, but only with long fermentation. High-phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.

2. Trypsin inhibitors: Interferes with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals, trypsin inhibitors in soy caused stunted growth.

3. Goitrogens: Potent agents that block your synthesis of thyroid hormones and can cause hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked with autoimmune thyroid disease. Goitrogens interfere with iodine metabolism.

4. Phytoestrogens/Isoflavones: Plant compounds resembling human estrogen can block your normal estrogen and disrupt endocrine function, cause infertility, and increase your risk for breast cancer.

5. Hemagglutinin: A clot-promoting substance that causes your red blood cells to clump, making them unable to properly absorb and distribute oxygen to your tissues.

6. Synthetic Vitamin D: Soy foods increase your body's vitamin D requirement, which is why companies add synthetic vitamin D2 to soymilk (a toxic form of vitamin D).

7. Vitamin B12: Soy contains a compound resembling vitamin B12 that cannot be used by your body, so soy foods can actually contribute to B12 deficiency, especially among vegans.

8. Protein Denaturing: Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein (TVP). Chemical processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.

9. MSG: Free glutamic acid, or MSG, is a potent neurotoxin. MSG is formed during soy food processing, plus additional MSG is often added to mask soy's unpleasant taste.

10. Aluminum and Manganese: Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum, which is toxic to your nervous system and kidneys, and manganese, which wreaks havoc on your baby's immature metabolic system.

Soy's antinutrients are quite potent. Drinking just two glasses of soymilk daily provides enough of these compounds to alter a woman's menstrual cycle. But if you feed soy to your infant or child, these effects are magnified a thousand-fold. Infants fed soy formula may have up to 20,000 times more estrogen circulating through their bodies as those fed other formulas. You should NEVER feed your infant a soy-based formula!
You know, I fed my kid soy formula and am sooooo upset with myself for doing so. Didn't know any better at the time, thought the vegetarian formula was better for him.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #972

Quote:
Our deal is like yours Lony. Chewie, is yours an HSA vs a FSA?
FSA
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #973

Lola! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #974

Quote:
Oh we go out and play at least twice a day, and he goes for walks. He is older so he likes his naps. He was full grown when we found him 7 years ago.

I think Fred is handling it better than I am
Because Fred is a badass!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #975

Quote:
Happy Birthday to Ken!

Warm belated birthday wishes to Ken!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #976

I'm back. Did pretty good at the thrift store---got a plastic egg plate for Easter--to hold either colored eggs or deviled eggs, 4 or 5 ls tees for me---I like to wear them as pajama tops to match my sleep pants, a really nice red cardigan sweater and a burnt orange hoodie===all for me--only $5.25 for all that. I put it all in the washer already. Then got my milk and eggs at that cheap store I get them at next door to the thrift store. I'm debating with myself if I feel like driving to the health food store again today. Dh and I went Sunday but I didn't get a chance to browse with him---he makes me crazy so I didn't get everything I wanted.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #977

Quote:
I knew a couple in California that made their old barn into an event center. Some of the weddings they had there were stunning. They were not all country theme either. Some were so elegant you would forget you were in a barn.

LOL someday I guess. When I win the lottery.
You are so creative and great at even the tiniest finishes touches, that you will rock at it!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm back. Did pretty good at the thrift store---got a plastic egg plate for Easter--to hold either colored eggs or deviled eggs, 4 or 5 ls tees for me---I like to wear them as pajama tops to match my sleep pants, a really nice red cardigan sweater and a burnt orange hoodie===all for me--only $5.25 for all that. I put it all in the washer already. Then got my milk and eggs at that cheap store I get them at next door to the thrift store. I'm debating with myself if I feel like driving to the health food store again today. Dh and I went Sunday but I didn't get a chance to browse with him---he makes me crazy so I didn't get everything I wanted.
No wonder they say shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden! And about as much fun.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #979

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
KC about your kindle charge it overnight and then HOLD the on button over for over 20 seconds and let it go then try to turn it on it might take you to the screen with the kid under the tree and if it does then it will have reset itself and you can after that screen goes away, see if it works!(might take a long while for that screen to go away) i was reading on that fo rum and loads of people had that work! some had to do the 20 second reset a few times though and some held it for over a minute
Quote:
DEB! DEB! DEEEEEEEEB!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You are amazing!I wish there were a blowing kisses smiley dude! So, just picture me blowing kisses your way! Now to go see what is even on there.......been so long....

I will try that, too, have the same problem as KC. Green light after being on the charger all night, but shows only 1/10 of a charge left on the little battery icon.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #980

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Morning Ladies...

Hope everyone had a good week....I am not mad at anyone or planning to leave...unless I win the lottery.....I get into these deep funks and I need to stay away a bit.. because I am not very motivating when I am in them... it seems the more deep funks I get into the further I fall into them...

I am running off to do some grocery shopping.. I am making Chicken Parm chicken meat balls...found that off of Lony's pin thingy...and my store has the ground chicken on sale for 1.99 a pound.. can't beat that...My diet went completely out of control and I was way back up to a number I hadn't seen in a couple of years, feeling totally ashamed of myself and hatred for my actions.....just threw me into a mental mess.. but I have been real good this week and may have dropped 14 pounds...anyway.. better get my fat behind walking...My goal is 20 minutes per day this week..and I have 10 done...all before 6 am.. not bad...
Love you, friend!

I understand you 1,000%.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #981

Quote:
My sister has found that out as well! She had to go upstairs to her son's room......I don't need to say anymore, do I?

I was awake earlier than I wanted to be because my son was planning on heading to the State Swim Meet today with an 18 year old driver. I was not ok with that especially as we had a little snow last night. There were several accidents this morning and parts of highways shut down. I told him I would drive him and even the friends which caused a massive argument around here. He took off with them when they arrived-- a VW Beetle with 3 girls inside. Uh-huh. I have spent the last hour praying let me tell you. He is an extremely difficult person to live with, my son. Anyhow, at least he sent me a text to let me know he had arrived safely, it is a bit over an hour away. He thinks of no one but himself which is why he cannot understand why I would worry or be concerned.....he talks of being a parent some day, I don't think he will be able to handle it!
I understand. Glad he arrived safely. No wonder he would want to go with friends - 3 girls at that! Hopefully the snow will melt and driving conditions will become safer by the time they need to head back.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
No wonder they say shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden! And about as much fun.
It is just a waste of time.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #983

Girls, Basic Soap Making:All the Skills and Tools You Need to Get Started. by Elizabeth Letcavage is free for Kindle today. 70 reviews @ about 4.8 stars, regular price $22.95

I've been looking into soap making, even have the melter device for glycerin, may be fun to try.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #984

So quiet today.....
Old 02-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #985

Hahaha I am knitting it helps keep me busy.

Ohhhh and I did an experiment today. I mixed one cup of greek yogurt with 1 package of cream cheese and added 1 box of SF cheesecake pudding. OMG So 9 carbs for the yogurt, 8 for the cheese and 24* for the pudding (That is guessing very high because the carb count is only for prepared pudding) 8 servings = 5 carbs per serving...

and OMG it is amazing!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi to everyone.....It's been a busy day here, but now everyone is gone except for hubby and me for the rest of the weekend. I'm sorry the pics are so big. I would make them smaller if I was more computer smart!!
Here are a few pictures from today that our son took. So many to choose from!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #987

Awwwwwwwwwww She is so cute! I love the second to the last one in the black with the pearls.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #988

Awwwwwwwwwww, look at baby Layla
Old 02-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #989

Lony, that LC dessert sounds really good!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Sue, are those your pearls? Wish I had thought of that when my babies were little.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote