Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
It is beautiful, but I am ready for some spring. It has been snowing since the first of October Average is two feet, the wind is making some monster drifts though.
Love it!! Ok, that is probably because I am not living through it but..... does Fred have a lot of excess energy? How does he handle being cooped up in your small residence?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #902
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Oh we go out and play at least twice a day, and he goes for walks. He is older so he likes his naps. He was full grown when we found him 7 years ago.

I think Fred is handling it better than I am
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh we go out and play at least twice a day, and he goes for walks. He is older so he likes his naps. He was full grown when we found him 7 years ago.

I think Fred is handling it better than I am
well, I wish we all lived closer to each other for get togethers/meet ups. It is a beautiful, sunny but chilly day here. I think I am going to read my Where To Retire magazine that came in the mail this week. My ds was telling me one of his friend's parents are planning to retire in Colorado. I do not have Colorado on my retirement horizon at this point. Don't think that I will want to be shoveling snow in my old age but I am not totally ruling that out. How about you? Where do you dream of retiring to?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #904
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I dream of retiring to my farm and new home.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #905

I really think we are going to stay in this area. We are looking for property with a big old barn. I really want to set up a rustic event center. Can you imagine having a wedding in an old barn full of of twinkle lights and snow everywhere?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I really think we are going to stay in this area. We are looking for property with a big old barn. I really want to set up a rustic event center. Can you imagine having a wedding in an old barn full of of twinkle lights and snow everywhere?
Ooooooo, yes! I think oldest has talked about a winter wedding with lights. She is more traditional though so the Rustic would not be her thing. That doesn't mean that she doesn't think they are cool settings just that it is not the wedding she has always pictured. Know what I mean? I believe she does have maybe a pinterest wedding board. I know she had bookmarked photographer's websites of weddings they had done. We spent an entire afternoon looking through them a couple of years ago and she had some rustic ones on there that were cool. The theming (sp) was carried out really well.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You could also host baby and wedding showers in that setting, office Christmas parties, corporate retreats.......sounds like a great idea to me!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #908

I knew a couple in California that made their old barn into an event center. Some of the weddings they had there were stunning. They were not all country theme either. Some were so elegant you would forget you were in a barn.

LOL someday I guess. When I win the lottery.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I knew a couple in California that made their old barn into an event center. Some of the weddings they had there were stunning. They were not all country theme either. Some were so elegant you would forget you were in a barn.

LOL someday I guess. When I win the lottery.
Have you thought about working as a Wedding Planner for the time being to get some experience, save money for the property/business, and build a clientele/reputation so that when you do build/remodel you will already have business? Or have you worked as a Planner before?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #910

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
I walked past a pizza place at lunchtime and the smell was amazing! if only i live on just the smell. Even though it smelt heavenly i wasnt tempted a bit. Just had a large leafy chicken salad for my lunch .

We don't have many low carb products in the uk that isnt meat and veg so i ordered a whole load of stuff from a online website. Ordered Da vinci syrup and hersey syrup, cant wait to try them in coffee. hmmmm!! Does anyone know how many carbs are in coffee if any please? x
plain coffee doesn't have any and if you need a pizza fix

Quote:

DEEP DISH PIZZA
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375║ 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep the crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread the chilled crust with the pizza sauce, then the cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375║ about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

I don't recommend making this in a metal baking pan as it will stick making the pizza very difficult to remove and the pan very hard to clean.

I think I may have discovered the secret to a crispy crust. I left the baked crust uncovered in the refrigerator for several hours. I think that allowed it to dry out a bit so that it became crisp during the second baking with the toppings. I was able to pick the pizza up in my hands.

NOTE: If you lightly grease the pan and line it with parchment paper, you'll have no trouble removing the pizza from the pan later. Greasing the pan makes the parchment stick to it so you can easily spread the crust batter.
Linda Sue is a genius!

today is Ken's birrthday and we slept until time to take stven to class and he has been watching tv all day cold dreary and a tease of snow
we are going out to eat when Steven goes to rehearsal
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
plain coffee doesn't have any and if you need a pizza fix

Linda Sue is a genius!

today is Ken's birrthday and we slept until time to take stven to class and he has been watching tv all day cold dreary and a tease of snow
we are going out to eat when Steven goes to rehearsal
Happy Birthday to Ken!!! Where will you go out to eat?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #912

i think mexican we ususally don't go there cause steven doesn't like it much and he will be in rehearsal soo just me and ken
Old 02-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #913

Happy Birthday to Ken!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #914

KC about your kindle charge it overnight and then HOLD the on button over for over 20 seconds and let it go then try to turn it on it might take you to the screen with the kid under the tree and if it does then it will have reset itself and you can after that screen goes away, see if it works!(might take a long while for that screen to go away) i was reading on that fo rum and loads of people had that work! some had to do the 20 second reset a few times though and some held it for over a minute
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 02-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
KC about your kindle charge it overnight and then HOLD the on button over for over 20 seconds and let it go then try to turn it on it might take you to the screen with the kid under the tree and if it does then it will have reset itself and you can after that screen goes away, see if it works!(might take a long while for that screen to go away) i was reading on that fo rum and loads of people had that work! some had to do the 20 second reset a few times though and some held it for over a minute
Thanks, Debaroo!!! I will try that. I did hold it down. For about 5 seconds before. Guess you can tell that I am a bit of an impatient person, eh? Okay, well I shall go up and get it now and try it. I was wondering prior to this post if maybe my battery was just shot and I should get a new one..... I will try your test first. BRB
Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DEB! DEB! DEEEEEEEEB!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You are amazing!I wish there were a blowing kisses smiley dude! So, just picture me blowing kisses your way! Now to go see what is even on there.......been so long....
Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #917
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Way to go Deb!!!
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
DEB! DEB! DEEEEEEEEB!!!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You are amazing!I wish there were a blowing kisses smiley dude! So, just picture me blowing kisses your way! Now to go see what is even on there.......been so long....
Old 02-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #919

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
WHOOHOOO!! i am so glad it worked! i LURVE my kindle!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #920

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi, I am back from running ds14 to gamestop for a used game, got gas($3.53) and stopped at a drive through Chinese place for 2 cartons of sour---egg drop for me and hot/sour for dh. We are having Latin burgers tonight and I can't realy eat much of a burger plus it's cold and I wanted soup. You get 16 oz for only $1.50!!! Quite a bargain for take out.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #921
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
ooooooooo thanks for the recipe deb, i am so going to have to try that one. My list of recipes to do and try is slowly increasing x
focus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
ooooooooo thanks for the recipe deb, i am so going to have to try that one. My list of recipes to do and try is slowly increasing x
Linda Sue's whole site is great the recipes with an * are ok for induction

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes

Chewie that soup sounds great! it has been hailing and it is just a wet cold off to take Steven top rehearsal!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #923

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Deb--drive safe and enjoy your dinner out. Linda Sue has some great recipes.

I did all my vitamins/supps for the week and I caught up on my laundry. Next, I need to look through my new Low Carb Friends cookbook(Vol 1) and plan out meals for the next week.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #924

Going to give this a try tonight.

Microwave almond bread

• Serves/Yields: Up to eight

Ingredients
Wet Ingredients:
2 Eggs (beaten)
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
Dry Ingredients:
4 oz. Almond Flour/Ground Almonds
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
Optional - 1 Tsp. Splenda
(I added a rounded 1/4 tsp. Lawry seasoned salt because I was going to serve this with a dinner salad.)

Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, then add to dry ingredients. Mix until batter is not lumpy. Pour batter into flat microwavable dish, and nuke for about 2.5 minutes until the top is firm and dry to the touch.(Less than two minutes in my 1250 watt microwave) Let cool then slice. Using a microwavable container that is about 6"x6" works well. (I used a greased 9x5" loaf pan and it worked well. ~chefly) This recipe is great and the best part? NO SOY!!! Add a little splenda to make sweeter and it tastes like cake, add some spices and you have foccacha (sp?) bread. This is great with peanut butter. Try it for a pizza crust (should be good)

Nutrition Information
Approx. 4 Carbs total
Old 02-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #925
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaR
Stats: 442 High/408 start atkins/318/ 6yrs later 382
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/6/03/starting again 2/15/13
Hi all, been years since I participated in threads but since I am starting over figured I would drop in.dr said I won't be walking much longer if I don't get knee surgery but my weight prohibits it. Got to do it...know I can! I am here to release this extra weight and keep my mobility! Thanks in advance for the support..I am here for you all as well!
LolaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #926
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaR
Stats: 442 High/408 start atkins/318/ 6yrs later 382
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 10/6/03/starting again 2/15/13
Oops, got to figure out how to fix my stats and picture....my kids are now 12 &10, and I am back up to 382
LolaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #927

Quote:
Going to give this a try tonight.

Microwave almond bread

• Serves/Yields: Up to eight

Ingredients
Wet Ingredients:
2 Eggs (beaten)
2 Tbsp Melted Butter
Dry Ingredients:
4 oz. Almond Flour/Ground Almonds
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
Optional - 1 Tsp. Splenda
(I added a rounded 1/4 tsp. Lawry seasoned salt because I was going to serve this with a dinner salad.)

Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, then add to dry ingredients. Mix until batter is not lumpy. Pour batter into flat microwavable dish, and nuke for about 2.5 minutes until the top is firm and dry to the touch.(Less than two minutes in my 1250 watt microwave) Let cool then slice. Using a microwavable container that is about 6"x6" works well. (I used a greased 9x5" loaf pan and it worked well. ~chefly) This recipe is great and the best part? NO SOY!!! Add a little splenda to make sweeter and it tastes like cake, add some spices and you have foccacha (sp?) bread. This is great with peanut butter. Try it for a pizza crust (should be good)

Nutrition Information
Approx. 4 Carbs total
I put some garlic and parm in it and OMG it is to die for! Oh and the 4 carbs is for 1/4 of the bread.

Last edited by Lony; 02-15-2013 at 05:52 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #928

I had a big sandwich for dinner. Turkey pastrami, provolone cheese...I think this almond bread may have saved my low carb WOL! I am doing the happy dance!!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaR View Post
Oops, got to figure out how to fix my stats and picture....my kids are now 12 &10, and I am back up to 382
Welcome Miss Lola! when was your start date? How much do you need to lose? Do you have an end date in mind for your weight loss and surgery or are you just going to schedule it when you get to the goal weight?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I put some garlic and parm in it and OMG it is to die for! Oh and the 4 carbs is for 1/4 of the bread.
Yay!! thanks glad you liked it and thanks for posting the recipe. I will also give it a try!