Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #781
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I just got home a little while ago. I went to Target after my appointment....and darnit! I keep forgetting I have gift cards to use. Got DH a VDay card and some fun little gifts. Oh, and some cat toys.

Appointment went well. I like this substitute doctor a lot better. LOL. He got it right away....we need to stop my BP from spiking all the time. He increased one of my meds and I have a follow up appt. in 3 weeks. I got a really good vibe from him. My regular doctor just keeps telling me to watch what I eat, eat very low sodium, don't eat processed foods......I just don't think she is living in the real world. I need help NOW with these BP spikes I'm having. "New Doc" said that sudden BP spikes can be caused by an adrenal gland tumor.....but let's hope it's not that. Hopefully this med increase will work.....and there is a 2nd med that we can fiddle with too.

Lony I'm sorry you couldn't find a serger.
Well, I hope the med increase works for you. Did you get that filled today? What is the decision on hiring someone to come in to clean? That might help your stress level some which would then help the BP, right?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #782
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Deb have you checked the cables? Sounds like you might need some new ones.
they looked them over today and said they were ok but if it doesn't cost too much i might have Ken change them anyways they do have over 200K miles on them

Quote:
Yep, a great big one!
WHOOHOOO!!! wonderfu!l that will be amazing and a new serger to bring home! oh and if you like vodka you should get you guys some of that caramel vodka and apple juice
apple pie cocktails
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #783

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Lony, those big jetted tubs can lead to a lot of romance!!!!
I know, but I already told him I get an hour alone before he jumps in.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
they looked them over today and said they were ok but if it doesn't cost too much i might have Ken change them anyways they do have over 200K miles on them

WHOOHOOO!!! wonderfu!l that will be amazing and a new serger to bring home! oh and if you like vodka you should get you guys some of that caramel vodka and apple juice
apple pie cocktails
Mike does not drink, but I have some cherry vodka, sprite and greanadine
Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #785
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, I hope the med increase works for you. Did you get that filled today? What is the decision on hiring someone to come in to clean? That might help your stress level some which would then help the BP, right?
The doc faxed over my order and my new prescription will be mailed to me. But in the meantime I can just double up on the pills I already have to get the correct dose.

I'm not sure my high BP is caused by stress. Both of my super high BP incidents occurred while I was perfectly relaxed, watching a movie in the living room.

I haven't even broached the subject of getting a cleaning service in here. I have to do a lot of pre-cleaning over my vacation just so I can clear the decks for the deep cleaning to happen. I'm looking forward to my vacation time starting on Feb 20th. That is also D-Day. (diet day) LOL.

Last edited by Mona; 02-13-2013 at 01:55 PM..
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #786

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I just got home a little while ago. I went to Target after my appointment....and darnit! I keep forgetting I have gift cards to use. Got DH a VDay card and some fun little gifts. Oh, and some cat toys.

Appointment went well. I like this substitute doctor a lot better. LOL. He got it right away....we need to stop my BP from spiking all the time. He increased one of my meds and I have a follow up appt. in 3 weeks. I got a really good vibe from him. My regular doctor just keeps telling me to watch what I eat, eat very low sodium, don't eat processed foods......I just don't think she is living in the real world. I need help NOW with these BP spikes I'm having. "New Doc" said that sudden BP spikes can be caused by an adrenal gland tumor.....but let's hope it's not that. Hopefully this med increase will work.....and there is a 2nd med that we can fiddle with too.

Lony I'm sorry you couldn't find a serger.
Sounds like your new doctor is good. I would stay with him from now on, especially if you are comfortable. I'm glad dr addressed your bp spikes---that is too serious to wait and see.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #787

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Bummer, Lony. I do most of my shopping on line because I can never find anything locally.
Same here plus a lot of places you don't pay sales tax!!!! Our tax rate is outrageous at 10% even on FOOD.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #788

Quote:
I have not had a soak in a bathtub for two years, gosh darn it I am going to ENJOY it!
Sounds good to me.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #789

Welcome LotsaBoxers. Good luck and jump in and get to know us. We're not as crazy as we seem. LOL
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #790

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Welcome LotsaBoxers. Good luck and jump in and get to know us. We're not as crazy as we seem. LOL
Hahaha speak for your self! I am waaaaaaaaaaaaay crazier than I seem
Old 02-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #791

I've been a busy beaver today. Did 2 loads of laundry, made some almond cheese rolls and a roast beef. I also cleaned te frig and did all the dishes too.

My ds14 has started working out at home now in addition to daily football workout. He said he wants to get skinny. I doubt he'll ever get skinny but he could lose a good amount of fat and look lots better. I know he'll feel better too. Today he ran 1 mile on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the bike.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:
Good morning. No snow but we did get some flurries.

A funny: I got up at 5:30 to see snow or if school was delayed. I poured coffee, went to get my coconut milk creamer----ended up pouring some chicken broth in my coffee cause it is the same kind of carton. ROFLOL YUCK! Lucky it was a tiny amount. What a way to start my morning.
Lony - your fumble was tastier than mine this morning. I was hungry for something sweet with coffee - so I thought - cinnamon/sugar (splenda) on a piece of Eziekel bread.............so I toast my bread - use a little margarine and spread liberally with..................not cinn/sugar mix but garlic powder. I'm thinking as I'm making it - hmmm - the cupboard is smelling like garlic - must have spilled some.................and proceeded to take a big bite......ewwwwwwwwwwwwww and I'm chewing away - and it dawns on me -I mean - I LOVE garlic toast............but when you're expecting sweet cinn/sugar..................talk about a fast wake up............ugh. It took me hours to get that taste out of my mouth.........bet the next time I will make sure to look at the label and not the shape of the bottle..........Have to say though - that's a first for me with something like that. Lesson learned!!!!

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #793

Quote:
Hahaha speak for your self! I am waaaaaaaaaaaaay crazier than I seem
Just the way we like you.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #794

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
Lony - your fumble was tastier than mine this morning. I was hungry for something sweet with coffee - so I thought - cinnamon/sugar (splenda) on a piece of Eziekel bread.............so I toast my bread - use a little margarine and spread liberally with..................not cinn/sugar mix but garlic powder. I'm thinking as I'm making it - hmmm - the cupboard is smelling like garlic - must have spilled some.................and proceeded to take a big bite......ewwwwwwwwwwwwww and I'm chewing away - and it dawns on me -I mean - I LOVE garlic toast............but when you're expecting sweet cinn/sugar..................talk about a fast wake up............ugh. It took me hours to get that taste out of my mouth.........bet the next time I will make sure to look at the label and not the shape of the bottle..........Have to say though - that's a first for me with something like that. Lesson learned!!!!

Linda
Old 02-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #795

Quote:

Linda
Well on the bright side, you had a vampire free day!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #796

Quote:
I've been a busy beaver today. Did 2 loads of laundry, made some almond cheese rolls and a roast beef. I also cleaned te frig and did all the dishes too.

My ds14 has started working out at home now in addition to daily football workout. He said he wants to get skinny. I doubt he'll ever get skinny but he could lose a good amount of fat and look lots better. I know he'll feel better too. Today he ran 1 mile on the treadmill and 30 minutes on the bike.
Dang Chewie, McSkinny pants. I still have not done my laundry. I just buy new underwear.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:43 PM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Now I can't even read the posts right - that was Chewie that tried making milk out of chicken broth - not Lony........sorry..............

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #798

Quote:
Now I can't even read the posts right - that was Chewie that tried making milk out of chicken broth - not Lony........sorry..............

Linda
Is it your eyes or your brain???? Just kidding.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #799

Quote:

Linda
Thats ok, it is something I would do!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
I am back from picking up youngest from musical practice and took her to dance. She managed to scarf down her dinner in the car in the 12 mins it takes to get to dance studio. I have a cheese pizza in the oven with a veggie delight to follow. Ds went to swim practice with the Elite level team so I imagine he will be tired and hungry when he comes in in a bit. He is going to be very disappointed with these pizza selections, but, what can you do? It is Ash Wednesday. I cracked. Couldn't take it any more. I ate one very small sugar cookie that I made this afternoon. I plan to have pizza tonight. I have a brunch and a coffee meetup after the brunch tomorrow and then it is also Valentine's Day. I can't take the pressure!!!! I shall have to start back up lcing on Friday.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #801

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I am back from picking up youngest from musical practice and took her to dance. She managed to scarf down her dinner in the car in the 12 mins it takes to get to dance studio. I have a cheese pizza in the oven with a veggie delight to follow. Ds went to swim practice with the Elite level team so I imagine he will be tired and hungry when he comes in in a bit. He is going to be very disappointed with these pizza selections, but, what can you do? It is Ash Wednesday. I cracked. Couldn't take it any more. I ate one very small sugar cookie that I made this afternoon. I plan to have pizza tonight. I have a brunch and a coffee meetup after the brunch tomorrow and then it is also Valentine's Day. I can't take the pressure!!!! I shall have to start back up lcing on Friday.
Soooooooooo what are you giving up for lent?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #802

Just me again tonight huh.. Well poo.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #803

i took steven to practice and came back home i am just skiddish of the van and i hate feeling that way here i have the truck or even the caballero if it won't start when i need it tonight and gah gas prices soo not the time to be doing extra driving
stopped by wally world to pick up somethings to make lasagna WHOA! soo many people and outta control! what is wrong with people?/ there is a reason i normally go about 7 AM and all valentines stuff already gone Easter already packs the shelves
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 02-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #804

Awww Deb, I am sorry. It was crazy at the walfart today here too. Now it is snowing like a mad man so we will see what transpires from that.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #805

SNOW!! we were promised snow today but only COLD rain sigh
these people were crazy and no one seems to pay any attention to what their kids are doing anymore?? what is up with that?? and saw a girl that used to help babysit my oldest DS man oh man she is only about 32 and has only 3 rotten teeth left on the bottom and honestly looks older than me and i am almost 45 i just don't know made me soo sad

and yeah people shopuld have been taking pics for "people of walmart tonight
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #806

Deb is there a big drug problem there? Or a big Mountain Dew epidemic?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #807

yeah to both and that is what i first thought of when i saw her soo sad and she has an 11 year old and a 9 year old
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #808

That is sad. I was watching something on TV about how certain regions drink mountain dew in excess and their teeth are rotting out. So so sad
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #809

Time to bundle up and go dig out the potty path..........again
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #810
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51