Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
antiprocrastination day SIGH got laundry going washed dishes got veggies chopped and chili going and i am outta beans!:annoyedstarted the litter pans and getting close time to pack Steven's lunch and take him to college all i want to do is crawl back into bed and cuddle up with my kindle it is pouring the rain

Ken left me a heart shaped box of chocolates in my recliner for me to find this morning he said he made sure while he remembered to put it there poor guy his memory really really is terrible now
What a sweet thing for him to do Deb.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #722
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
antiprocrastination day SIGH got laundry going washed dishes got veggies chopped and chili going and i am outta beans!:annoyedstarted the litter pans and getting close time to pack Steven's lunch and take him to college all i want to do is crawl back into bed and cuddle up with my kindle it is pouring the rain

Ken left me a heart shaped box of chocolates in my recliner for me to find this morning he said he made sure while he remembered to put it there poor guy his memory really really is terrible now
You put beans in chili?

Awww that was so sweet of Ken to leave you candy. I was just thinking this morning it will be the very first valentines day Mike and I have ever spent apart.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #723

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
i adore kidney beans

ken and i have spent tons of holidays apart sigh tomorrow is his 45th birthday and for 4 weeks he is a year older than me LOL
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #724

His birthday is tomorrow? For some reason I thought it was on the 15. We both have Valentines day babies!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good Morning.

I am back from my attempt to attend Mass and from taking youngest back to the orthodontist. I figured I could get both things done this morning. She could go with me to Ash Wednesday Mass as she is going through Confirmation anyway and then we could deal with the lost bite guard and bracket. Unfortunately, we were cutting it close to 8:00 when we got to church and of course it was the service for the Catholic School. Most all of the pews were reserved for the students and the others over on the far sides looked full. So, I said, let's go maybe I'll come back at noon. Then on the way out, I went out a door that I don't usually use and it is at a weird angle and slopes so I ended up tripping, twisting my ankle and falling on my left side onto the concrete. Can't decide if I wasn't supposed to leave church or just shouldn't have gone in the first place! We did have better luck at the ortho though. Then my check tire pressure light came on again while taking youngest to school. It was off the entire way home. Driving me crazy!!!!

Need to figure out what to fix for dinner and for youngest to eat tonight. Anyone have any good fish recipes? I really dislike Lent because I have to deal with fish! Sad, isn't it?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now I want candy thanks to Ken!! Eat a piece for me Deb. The chocolate ones filled with nuts or crispy coconut ones.
When hubs and I were dating back in the late 60's he bought me this HUGE box
of chocolates. I wouldn't even guess what it would cost today. I remember decorating
a shoe box and baking all kinds of cookies for him that year.
Fast forward 40 some yrs. ahead to tomorrow. We plan on having Eli here
so this Valentine Day will be a little different!!
Does anyone have special plans for tomorrow evening?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #727
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Good Morning.

I am back from my attempt to attend Mass and from taking youngest back to the orthodontist. I figured I could get both things done this morning. She could go with me to Ash Wednesday Mass as she is going through Confirmation anyway and then we could deal with the lost bite guard and bracket. Unfortunately, we were cutting it close to 8:00 when we got to church and of course it was the service for the Catholic School. Most all of the pews were reserved for the students and the others over on the far sides looked full. So, I said, let's go maybe I'll come back at noon. Then on the way out, I went out a door that I don't usually use and it is at a weird angle and slopes so I ended up tripping, twisting my ankle and falling on my left side onto the concrete. Can't decide if I wasn't supposed to leave church or just shouldn't have gone in the first place! We did have better luck at the ortho though. Then my check tire pressure light came on again while taking youngest to school. It was off the entire way home. Driving me crazy!!!!

Need to figure out what to fix for dinner and for youngest to eat tonight. Anyone have any good fish recipes? I really dislike Lent because I have to deal with fish! Sad, isn't it?
So sorry about your falling kcmama. At least it sounds as if you are up and going. I know how a twisted ankle can hurt. Another good thing.....at least you didn't fall in front of all of those kids. That would have been my first thought...did anyone see me do this! LOL
I recall back in school we had fish every Friday. We just knew it was because Catholic's ate fish each Friday. Lucky me....I like fish!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #728

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I can't say anything I once used scrubbing bubbles instead of spray starch. Oh and I also used a can of foaming window cleaner instead of hairspray.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Good morning. No snow but we did get some flurries.

A funny: I got up at 5:30 to see snow or if school was delayed. I poured coffee, went to get my coconut milk creamer----ended up pouring some chicken broth in my coffee cause it is the same kind of carton. ROFLOL YUCK! Lucky it was a tiny amount. What a way to start my morning.
Wow, interesting coffee enhancer!I hope the rest of your day goes without a hitch.

Quote:
Did anyone watch te dog show last night??? I love watching it. We all watched--even my boys.
Nope. Didn't even know it was on. Dh watched the President's State of the Union Address. I listened to it on the radio whilst sitting outside the dance studio waiting for youngest in her make up ballet class.

Quote:
Hi again. I went to Walmart. Accckk. I had something to return and wanted to see if there was marked down meat, found the motherlode and filled my freezer!!! Things are just so expensive and with all of us eating lc now---wow. 2 teenage boys eat as much as 3 or 4 regular people. Ran home, put everything away and made it to work at 8 am.

I even did a bunch of dishes this morning from last night. Later, I have laundry to do and some clothes organization/purging.
Well, that is a bonus! Good for you. Yeah, meat prices are so high now which is why I look at the grocery flyers every Wed for the meat deals and buy what is on special. Typically, I should see some fish deals for the next few weeks. Sigh. I don't like dealing with fish....

Quote:

Good for you, Deb, looks like you are up and at 'em this morning. I know how you feel somewhat. I usually have to force myself to get up and do stuff too. I would rather sit and read or knit. My Kindle stopped working! I haven't charged it since about November and got it out of the case the day before yesterday and charged it up. At first it showed the battery with a minuscule amt of charge and never charged. The light turned from yellow to green indicating a full charge but it won't even turn on.

Go Ken!! What a nice surprise. What are you planning to cook for Valentine's Day? Sorry you are out of beans. I use beans in chili too. All of you meat only chili lovers are going to have to eat it only on special occasions with meat prices the way they are. I added oatmeal to mine last week as well to extend the portions. Was really tasty and no one had any idea there was oatmeal in it!

Quote:
After thanksgiving Mike grabbed a suckerware out of the fridge thinking it was mashed taters. It was not till he microwaved his plate that he discovered it was honey butter!
Interesting. Is that better than tupperware? I don't think they sell that around here.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #730

Quote:

How nice of him.

Speaking of Valentine's day, what are you all getting your dh????? I have no idea!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Now I want candy thanks to Ken!! Eat a piece for me Deb. The chocolate ones filled with nuts or crispy coconut ones.When hubs and I were dating back in the late 60's he bought me this HUGE box
of chocolates. I wouldn't even guess what it would cost today. I remember decorating

Those are my very favorite kinds!!! I don't like cream filled. (that is the best "Bleck, bleck" smilie dude I could find.)
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, keep that ankle up today. You don't want it getting worse.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How nice of him.

Speaking of Valentine's day, what are you all getting your dh????? I have no idea!!!
I wasn't planning on getting him anything. I have a nice card for him and cards for the kiddos as well. I am trying to figure out a nice meal to fix. All the work that goes into cooking a special meal is his gift. He mentioned something about Shrimp Scampi last night. I think he was hinting big time.

Although, I might, might get him some Ferrero Rochers as he really likes those. But only if I see them when buying meal fixins.

Last edited by kcmama; 02-13-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #734
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
KC, keep that ankle up today. You don't want it getting worse.
Interestingly, the ankle, which I felt buckle under, doesn't hurt as badly as the heel of my left hand, my left arm and my left hip..... I must be getting old.Fortunately I did not hit my head on the concrete!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #735

Quote:
Interestingly, the ankle, which I felt buckle under, doesn't hurt as badly as the heel of my left hand, my left arm and my left hip..... I must be getting old.Fortunately I did not hit my head on the concrete!
Ohhhhhhhh my, you better be careful dear. You do way too much to be laid up.

Suckerware....Cheap tupperwear knock offs.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #736

Quote:
How nice of him.

Gun parts Nothing says I love you more than gunpowder and lead.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Now I want candy thanks to Ken!! Eat a piece for me Deb. The chocolate ones filled with nuts or crispy coconut ones.
When hubs and I were dating back in the late 60's he bought me this HUGE box
Just me and a big bowl of ice cream
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #738

Quote:
His birthday is tomorrow? For some reason I thought it was on the 15. We both have Valentines day babies!
ack it is the 15th i swear i am loopy! i guess getting the chocolate today had me messed up sorry! i soo need a nap!
still raining no snow
Old 02-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #739

Quote:
Good Morning.

oh i hope your ankle doesn't hurt too bad!

i LOVE chowder! what kind of fish are you allowed to have?

this is good adjust the amounts to what you need lol it is an hcg recipe
Quote:
Asian Lime Whitefish

100g whitefish of your choice
1 1/2 t liquid aminos
1/4 t grated fresh ginger
lime wedge(s)
sea salt & pepper

In a small shallow bowl, mix together the marinade of lime juice (from lime wedge or two - I'll use up to half of lime), liquid aminos, and grated ginger.
Place the fish in the bowl and coat both sides with marinade and desired amount of sea salt and pepper.
Cover with saran wrap. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Preheat non-stick pan over med-high. Pour marinade & fish into pan. Cook about 3-6 mins each side, depending on the thickness of the fish, until browned or done to preference.
Serve immediately.
Quote:
Lemon Oregano Whitefish Packet w/ Asparagus

100g whitefish
asparagus (allowed amount)
juice of one lemon
1 t oregano
salt/pepper

Preheat the oven to 400F.
Snap off woody ends of asparagus and discard.
Tear off a large sheet of non-stick aluminum foil.
In the center of this sheet, place asparagus spears and sprinkle with salt/pepper.
Place whitefish on top of asparagus.
In small bowl, combine lemon juice & oregano, and pour over fish.
Fold up edges and completely seal packet on all sides.
Bake 10-20 mins, until fish flakes.
Serve.
Quote:
Spicy Cilantro Whitefish

100g fish
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 c cilantro - pack measuring cup with cilantro leaves (remove from stems)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 T sambal oelek
1 T water (as needed)
red pepper flakes (optional)

Preheat oven to 400.
In food processor, combine cilantro, garlic, and sambal oelek.
Start to pulse and add water as necessary until reaches desired consistency.
Place fish in baking dish or non-stick baking sheet.
Squeeze on fresh lemon juice, then top with cilantro mix.
Bake for 10-20 mins depending on thickness, until fish flakes.
Top with red pepper flakes (optional).
Serve.
now the sambol oelek is like MAJOR SPICY! so subbing your favorite hot(or mild even) sauce will work
Old 02-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #740

Well girls, I am going to get a serger. I can't stand sewing without it.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #741

Quote:

Good for you, Deb, looks like you are up and at 'em this morning. I know how you feel somewhat. I usually have to force myself to get up and do stuff too. I would rather sit and read or knit. My Kindle stopped working! I haven't charged it since about November and got it out of the case the day before yesterday and charged it up. At first it showed the battery with a minuscule amt of charge and never charged. The light turned from yellow to green indicating a full charge but it won't even turn on.

Go Ken!! What a nice surprise. What are you planning to cook for Valentine's Day? Sorry you are out of beans. I use beans in chili too. All of you meat only chili lovers are going to have to eat it only on special occasions with meat prices the way they are. I added oatmeal to mine last week as well to extend the portions. Was really tasty and no one had any idea there was oatmeal in it!

Interesting. Is that better than tupperware? I don't think they sell that around here.
ooh the oatmeal might be a good idea! i do need it to stretch . Ken works on Thursdays soo we won't be doing anything i GOTTA figure out a cake for his birthday hard to top last years though. he gets paid tomorrow so i was going to get the stuff for lasanga and that will last us a couple days for leftovers
i got him a cupholder fo valentines LOL
LISTEN call amazon & tell them about your kindle! they are in the book selling business and MIGHT replace it because of the potential for you to buy books i have heard a lot of people say they do if nothing else i bet they can tell you how to fix it me i would leave it charging for a few days too so that it might get that batterey back from the dead
all of your books are in the cloud on amazon anyways and easy peasy to get them downloaded to a new one if need be!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Chewie, your post made me think of my husband. We went to a Prime Rib supper that one of the companies we buy from provides. (I tell my husband it costs us $15,000 a plate.) The light was low and they had horseradish. My husband thought it was slaw and helped himself accordingly. He doesn't like horseradish and complained for the rest of the night how it had ruined his Prime Rib.
Wow, I could see how that would be a problem.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #743

Oh--KC, sorry about your fall and your check tire light. What a pain. Maybe you should ice your ankle before it swells up too much. I love fish so I am happy when/if there are specials on fish. Walmart had their wild salmon fillets for only $3.50 a pound today--frozen. I have to get 2 lbs though cause of the boys. I can't even eat one fillet but they will eat 2 or more if we allow it.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #744

No special Valentine day plans here either. I will make a lc chocolate pie though for dessert for all of us although I will only eat one bite or so. Dh went to a pain specialist yesterday and he has to go for some kind of shot at the hospital tomorrow morning---I think it's steroid---to help his back and leg pain.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #745

That candy in the fancy heart box reminds me of when I was little. All the pharmacies back then(All independent then) had these fancy lacy boxes and every year, I would drool over them. My sweet dad used to get me one every Valentine's day and he got my mom one too. Good memories.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #746

Quote:
Gun parts Nothing says I love you more than gunpowder and lead.
My dh would love this but I have no clue so not going to happen.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #747

Quote:
Just me and a big bowl of ice cream
I told you NO MORE ICE CREAM, MISSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #748
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Mona, 300-500 mg of magnesium citrate are optimal, watch out for loose stools, everyone reacts differently. I would start with 300 and go up from there. Take it before bed, that way if you need to poo, at least you won't be at work.

Sorry about the ACV....taste is not the best. I dilute 2 tbsp in 16 oz water bottle. Braggs tastes more like apples to me.
Hmmm, I already have a *ahem* loose stool problem. It's from my high dose of metformin....and also I don't have a gall bladder and sometimes it seems like food goes right thru me. Sorry if TMI. But I will try it! Who knows maybe they will have an opposite effect. Tee Hee!

I have the Bragg's ACV as well...with the mother in it. I just really can't stomach it.

So I'm home relaxing....catching up on the posts. Had a super busy night tonight! So glad it's my Friday. In about 90 mins I drive back into town for my doctor appointment. Either he will increase my doses to what I was taking 6 months ago or I will stomp my feet!

Lony those dresses are so cute! I like the ruffles on the first one. I think it would be so fun to make tiny little doll clothes. I don't even know the first thing about sewing. Well that's not true....I do know how to sew on a button.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning. No snow but we did get some flurries.

A funny: I got up at 5:30 to see snow or if school was delayed. I poured coffee, went to get my coconut milk creamer----ended up pouring some chicken broth in my coffee cause it is the same kind of carton. ROFLOL YUCK! Lucky it was a tiny amount. What a way to start my morning.
Whoopsie!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #750
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Those are my very favorite kinds!!! I don't like cream filled. (that is the best "Bleck, bleck" smilie dude I could find.)
I'll take all the creme filled.

I am going to stop by Target while I'm in town for my appointment and see if I can pick up something for DH. A card and maybe a "last hurrah" valentine's candy. I'll see what I can find.