Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
Hello friends! Just woke up. I slept kinda crappy because I kept waking up and flipping a zillion times due to back pain. It sucks not being able to sleep on my sides anymore....and then my lower back starts hurting from being on my back all night.

KCMama I've seen that pink Himalayan salt at Costco but I was wondering if it would really taste any different, too? Sorry your daughter is in so much pain b/c of her braces. Hope it eases soon.

Lony and Focus....great job on staying on plan!!
My fellow back pain sufferer.......it really sucks. Google "strain and counterstrain" - it's an osteopathic technique that allows you to relax a spasming muscle by simple folding into the spasm and holding the position for 90 seconds or more. May help, no special equipment required. It is widely used by physical therapists.

Quote:
Strain counterstrain is a manual massage technique for relieving musculoskeletal spasms and pain. A positional release technique, SCS was developed in 1981 by the osteopathic physician Dr. Lawrence Jones. It is a gentle and safe technique that relieves spinal or other joint pain by passively shortening the affected muscle areas.
Repetitive or acute strains can lead to the development of painful tender spots. Dr. Jones identified the most common tender points that result from an abnormal reflex or unnatural movement. SCS focuses on correcting abnormal neuromuscular reflexes by finding the client’s position of comfort and determining at what point his/her tenderness diminishes. SCS involves:

Having the client hold his/her position of comfort for approximately 90 seconds
Then, the client is slowly brought out of this position, allowing the body to reset its muscles to a normal level of tension
SCS is well-tolerated because it positions the recipient opposite his/her restricted barrier and towards the position of greatest comfort
An Explanation

Various scientists have offered explanations as to why SCS is so effective. Written in the 1970s, Irwin Korr’s work on muscle spindles and facilitated segments provides a solid rationalization for SCS. According to Korr, the counterstrain point is on the opposite side of a strained or suddenly stretched joint, otherwise known as the over-shortened side. The physiology that actually occurs on this side is a sudden shortening followed by a rapid return to normal length. On the strained side, the muscle spindles are recruited to protect the rapidly lengthening muscle from damage, creating an immediate reflex contraction. This muscle can then get stuck in a functionally shortened position.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rDgd9...%3DrDgd9YbO3L0

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 02-09-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #512

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Well day one on the "plan"

I was battling my sugar cravings so I ate too many almonds and my carb count for the day was 14

Day two,

So far so good. Two cups of coffee. One had 2 Tbs of coconut oil. I took all my vitamins and my raspberry ketones. 32 oz of ice water in! I also walked 1/2 mile. Not much but it was in the cold so that burns more calories.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post

I was battling my sugar cravings so I ate too many almonds and my carb count for the day was 14

Day two,

So far so good. Two cups of coffee. One had 2 Tbs of coconut oil. I took all my vitamins and my raspberry ketones. 32 oz of ice water in! I also walked 1/2 mile. Not much but it was in the cold so that burns more calories.
Great job today, Lony! You're kicking butt!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #514

Melindaaaaaaaaaaaa! Where are you!???
Old 02-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #515

Lony, for the gluten sensitive lady.....can she not give up grains altogether?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #516

Having a leisurely morning drinking coffee and chatting with DH.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Great job today, Lony! You're kicking butt!
Not really, if I was I would be at my goal by now.

I get so mad at myself. All these years of on and off the wagon... I know I am a strong person in every other aspect of my life. Time to pull my head out of my tookus and do something.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #518

Quote:
Lony, for the gluten sensitive lady.....can she not give up grains altogether?
I have no idea. They asked me for some gluten free recipes so that is what I gave them.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #519

Quote:
Not really, if I was I would be at my goal by now.

I get so mad at myself. All these years of on and off the wagon... I know I am a strong person in every other aspect of my life. Time to pull my head out of my tookus and do something.
I think you've done great maintaining, many would've regained after all this time. And that alone is a huge win for you. Also, remember, it's not just a matter of willpower, of which you've exhibited plenty, but also of hormones and other physiological factors over which you have no control.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #520

Stupid hormones! They gave me a ton of hormone stuff before and I felt worse on them than I did without them.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:

Day two,

Awww look at Fred, enjoying the sunshine.

Great job staying on plan Lony! I know you were shooting for 10, but 14 is awesome too.

I had a bad blood pressure night last night. Headache, nausea. Took one of my super BP pills that normally takes it right down but it took about 2 hours to kick in this time. I was in agony with my head pounding. I was finally able to fall asleep with my mask on (don't want to just nap on the couch without my mask because sleep apnea raises BP as well). So now I'm awake and I have to drive into town to pick up a refill for my BP meds. The soonest I was able to make an appointment with my doctor was Tues AM. This "wait and see" attitude is now over. If she doesn't increase my doses of my meds I am going to be looking for another doctor.

So I feel like I've slept my entire weekend away. Blah! I have to put a load of work pants in the washer before I leave for town so I have some pants to wear for work tonight. Bye for now!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #522

Quote:
Stupid hormones! They gave me a ton of hormone stuff before and I felt worse on them than I did without them.
Girlie, check out your Fb for a link to free LC baking Kindle book. Don't know if any of it is gluten free though.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My fellow back pain sufferer.......it really sucks. Google "strain and counterstrain" - it's an osteopathic technique that allows you to relax a spasming muscle by simple folding into the spasm and holding the position for 90 seconds or more. May help, no special equipment required. It is widely used by physical therapists.

YouTube
Eliza thank you so much for this info! I had never heard of it before.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #524

Quote:
Awww look at Fred, enjoying the sunshine.

Great job staying on plan Lony! I know you were shooting for 10, but 14 is awesome too.

I had a bad blood pressure night last night. Headache, nausea. Took one of my super BP pills that normally takes it right down but it took about 2 hours to kick in this time. I was in agony with my head pounding. I was finally able to fall asleep with my mask on (don't want to just nap on the couch without my mask because sleep apnea raises BP as well). So now I'm awake and I have to drive into town to pick up a refill for my BP meds. The soonest I was able to make an appointment with my doctor was Tues AM. This "wait and see" attitude is now over. If she doesn't increase my doses of my meds I am going to be looking for another doctor.

So I feel like I've slept my entire weekend away. Blah! I have to put a load of work pants in the washer before I leave for town so I have some pants to wear for work tonight. Bye for now!
Mona, so sorry about the BP Have you tried these in addition to your meds: magnesium citrate 500 mg or more, cayenne, ACV, hibiscus tea, liquid stevia? They are all reported to reduce BP.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I had my granddaughters last night and my grandsons today. Nana loves them, but I am ready for a rest. I need to get started preparing lunch for them. Papa was supposed to let me know if I am going to have extra hands for lunch by 11:00, but haven't heard from him yet. I just found out I have to have crocheted doll clothes done by March 1st. I thought I had a lot more time. I better get that hook cracking.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #526

Quote:
Eliza thank you so much for this info! I had never heard of it before.
Hope you get to try it and it helps. I started doing it at home and it helped with my back spasm on my left side. If you can't find enough free info on google, I can type the procedure out for you from a book I got ( it was free a few days ago, but now I see its back to $9.98) called Muscle Pain Relief in 90 seconds by Dale L. Anderson.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #527

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I had my granddaughters last night and my grandsons today. Nana loves them, but I am ready for a rest. I need to get started preparing lunch for them. Papa was supposed to let me know if I am going to have extra hands for lunch by 11:00, but haven't heard from him yet. I just found out I have to have crocheted doll clothes done by March 1st. I thought I had a lot more time. I better get that hook cracking.
Lucky is that when you need the stuff for the auction?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #528

I can't find my straight pins...What the heck. Ok off to get some
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #529

Where's everybody? sleeping it off after last night's partying?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #530

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Where's everybody? sleeping it off after last night's partying?
Nope. Cleaning. Accckkk. Started on my coffee cabinet which has all our drink mixes like crystal light, hot cocoa, teas, etc. It was a wreck. Spent about an hour on that. Then put all the dishes away---counter and d.w. Started cleaning the frig and decided it was time to wash all the glass shelves and drawers today. WHAT A JOB!!!! I also cut up 7 colored peppers for the boys for snacks and chopped up some leftover ham for a quiche. I cut up the leftover pork roast for quesadillas or wraps and cut up the leftover chicken for Cleo's pizza crust. Phew!!!! Plus all that created tons more dishes so I did those too. My back is not happy with all this twisting, wiping, etc.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #531

Lucky---enjoy your grandkids. I know they can tire one out pretty quick.

Mona---I hope your dr takes you seriously.

Eliza---what are you doing today? I haven't even begun my normal cleaning yet. Although the stuff I did do needed to be done in a pretty bad way.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm back from picking up my meds. I really didn't wanna go, but glad it's over. I have called in sick for work tonight. I'm not feeling very well and can feel another slight headache coming on, plus I feel super tired and a bit nauseous.

Wow Chewie you are on a cleaning kick! I wish I had some of your pep.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Yay for staying on plan! I hope you can stay strong tomorrow at the family gathering.

What type of foods have you been eating? Do you tend to eat the same foods each day or mix it up? Do you eat out much?
hi kcmama,

Managed to stay on plan today however i know i would have consumed higher amount of carbs than normal as the scales have gone up this morning (probably tomo as well) could be too many carbs or too much salty food. I struggle to drink enough water when im at home.

I do tend to eat the same sort of foods with the odd new meal here and there. havent ate out that much this year to be honest. Just going to take each day as it comes.

Going to drink some more water now as my head is started to hurt, a sign i havent had enough liquid in me today.
focus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #534

I ventured out for straight pins By the time I got home I was hungry. (need to up coconut oil in coffee)

For lunch I had 8 slices of salami extra crispy with 1 oz of cream cheese.

Mona I hope you start feeling better. Super high BP is scary.

Chewie you super woman!

Focus, I hope you start feeling better as well.

I now officially have a pink glitter cell phone case with a cupcake and lots of rhinstones. Man is it tacky but I LOVE it!

Last edited by Lony; 02-09-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're going to need a photo of your glittery phone case.

Focus good job staying on plan another day! Drink drink drink that water!! I need to take the same advice. I've been drinking too many diet sodas and iced coffee and not enough regular old H2O.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope our friends in the NE are doing OK after that huge snowstorm. Linda lives there....anyone else I'm not remembering right now? My brain is fuzzy on these BP meds. hehe.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #537

TaaaaaaaDaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 02-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #538

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Just saying hello...mentally I am not feeling So hot....so I need a few days to kick my own ass. Have a good weekend ladies luv you guys..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #539

Lony---I love it. So cute.

So I made a quiche and it's cooling. I baked Cleo's chicken pizza crust and it's also cooling. Made a cheese dip for tomorrow---gave my boys a small container to eat with the pepper strips. I'm getting tired. I still want to make some hard boiled eggs but I think that will wait till after naptime.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #540

Melinda!!!!! Miss you girl. Hugs