Old 02-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Eliza, I have a dumb question. Are you supposed to eat the CO or put it on your hair. My daughter sees 625 students a week and has very long curly hair. She is very nervous during lice outbreaks.
Lucky, this is not a dumb question. What the hairstylist said is that she does a moisturizing treatment on her kids, like put it on their scalp, then let it sit for about an hour, then wash it off. I don't know how much she applies or how easy/tough it is to get it washed out.

She told me a friend of hers' kids had lice and the friend couldn't get them out with multiple treatments available on the market, including a $200 electric comb that's supposed to zap them to death. Then, one treatment with the coconut oil, and they were gone!

Never tried it myself, but good to know just in case. I've heard of many people using CO as hair moisturizer, they say it's really good.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
G'nite friends.

Mona McSleepy Pants, signing off!
Sweet dreams, Mona McSleepy Pants!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #483

Wow, where did everyone go? Must be out partying on Friday night.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #484

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Oh you know how us wild women roll.

Actually I bought some green olives stuffed with feta and I had three of them for lunch. Well let me say.... Chewie, you should get some. They are better than roto rooter.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #485

Eliza is the DH working tonight? Any word on when he will switch to days?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Eliza is the DH working tonight? Any word on when he will switch to days?
Yep, working tonight. No word on the days job

Where is Deb, do you know?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #487

I don't know. No word from her anywhere. I hope everything is ok.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Evening all,

conversation flows quite quickly on here so will try join in when i can. Its late over here, one last browse online before bed time.

Ate loads today, all low carb but still more than usual. Family came over today and another big gathering tomorrow, will seriously try and watch what i eat. Only good note is i managed to squeeze in 30 mins on an exercise bike, will try to do same tomo to make up for all the eating involved.

Have a good night all x
focus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Evening all,

conversation flows quite quickly on here so will try join in when i can. Its late over here, one last browse online before bed time.

Ate loads today, all low carb but still more than usual. Family came over today and another big gathering tomorrow, will seriously try and watch what i eat. Only good note is i managed to squeeze in 30 mins on an exercise bike, will try to do same tomo to make up for all the eating involved.

Have a good night all x
Yay for staying on plan! I hope you can stay strong tomorrow at the family gathering.

What type of foods have you been eating? Do you tend to eat the same foods each day or mix it up? Do you eat out much?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, might be a long night here. Youngest is crying because her mouth hurts so much. She is almost ready for more ibuprofen. I had her using a heating pad which she said helped but when she would switch sides then the other side would start hurting again. Hot cocoa helped a bit too but when she stopped drinking then it hurt anew. It is hard to not be able to do anything else to take away the pain.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post

I was away making lunch and eating. Bacon, spinach, eggs, Swiss cheese, garlic powder, pink salt, cayenne. It was good.
This sounds yummy! Did you make it as a scramble or an omelette? Have you noticed a taste difference with these exotic salts?

Quote:
I only buy from their clearance. Got 3 pairs of nice work pants on deep discount. One was $7.99, one was $11.97, one was $12.62. All 50% off or more. Nice colors, too - black, chocolate, and light beige. Go with all the tops I have.

How is your WL going? Bet you're fitting in tons of new clothes you've had sitting in your closet.
Well, Eliza you had an extremely productive day. Can't believe all you got accomplished before lunch! Good deals on your pants too.

Quote:
I have convinced myself that it is my job to lose weight. I am shooting for less than 10 carbs a day. Going back to coconut oil in my coffee, it gave me lots of energy throughout the day.

Mike told me once I reach my goal for a year he will let me get all my excess skin removed. So this year I am going to hit 160 and stay there.
Wow, less than 10 carbs a day?! Ok what do you usually eat? How long have you been doing this? How much weight have lost this round already?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #492

Usually I will eat 1/2 can of tuna with mayo and pickles. Or meat and a salad. I try to save as many carbs as possible for things like salad dressing or olives.

Today is my first day back on plan so fingers crossed.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #493

Do you have any oral gel? Also some sore throat spray used as mouth wash will help numb her mouth.

Last edited by Lony; 02-08-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
KC, how about nice nutritious soup with finely crumbled hamburger or ground turkey? That shouldn't affect the braces and still give her good nutrition. Does she eat soup?

I don't blame her.....some of those powders do taste like medicine. If you get her pure unflavored whey isolate.....it's totally flavorless and if you mix it with milk it should be better.

Hope you find something she will enjoy eating. How long will these restrictions last?
I had bought some canned chili with meat and beans before they said no meat. I think I may fix some of that for her tomorrow. She really likes chili and from what I remember the meat in that is very small and fairly nonexistant. I have flavored Amplify brand- Vanilla Cream, Chocolate and Cookies and Cream. I used the Vanilla Cream in a berry smoothie figuring she wouldn't even be able to tell but......

She wants pasta and rice but needs protein with it too.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello friends! Just woke up. I slept kinda crappy because I kept waking up and flipping a zillion times due to back pain. It sucks not being able to sleep on my sides anymore....and then my lower back starts hurting from being on my back all night.

KCMama I've seen that pink Himalayan salt at Costco but I was wondering if it would really taste any different, too? Sorry your daughter is in so much pain b/c of her braces. Hope it eases soon.

Lony and Focus....great job on staying on plan!!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #496

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
LOL I guess I scared everyone off with that comment.
It scared me. Just kidding.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #497

Quote:
Chews, have you tried Natural Calm? It's in powder form that you mix in with your water. Nice and fizzy. I like the lemon flavor.
Nope. Maybe I need to order some.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #498

Good morning folks. I want to get all of my list done today so tomorrow will be FREE. I also need to run some errands too.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #499

Quote:
Oh you know how us wild women roll.

Actually I bought some green olives stuffed with feta and I had three of them for lunch. Well let me say.... Chewie, you should get some. They are better than roto rooter.
YUMMMMMMMMM Sounds awesome.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, might be a long night here. Youngest is crying because her mouth hurts so much. She is almost ready for more ibuprofen. I had her using a heating pad which she said helped but when she would switch sides then the other side would start hurting again. Hot cocoa helped a bit too but when she stopped drinking then it hurt anew. It is hard to not be able to do anything else to take away the pain.
I know it is so hard when our babies are hurting. hugs
Old 02-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Evening all,

Have a good night all x
Great job on the exercise.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #502

Good Morning Sunshines. (grumble)

Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

Well, youngest finally managed to fall asleep. Crying herself to sleep. It was so sad. On the plus side, she did sleep through the night and is still asleep. She decided last night to not attend her tap technique, leaps and turns, and ballet classes this morning. She will only go to her musical theater class this afternoon. That is good in one respect as dh would have needed to take her because I am going off in a wee bit to meet up with this group of ladies who are sewing dresses for girls around the world. I am glad to have found this group as I have had fabric for over a year to do this. I have good intentions but they don't count for anything when not carried out. So now here is my opportunity! Yay! I can stop feeling guilty (over that anyway).

Mona, I am so sorry your back was hurting and you couldn't get a good night's sleep. How are the hips? Are you seeing progress? Is your BP still not stabilized? That due to the meds for the bursitis or perhaps due to stress and pain? I know you have been more stressed and tired with all of these appointments, the new training, falling behind on housework, and generally doing it all at home and work. Have you started back on strict lc yet? Isn't Atkins way of eating supposed to help with BP or am I just imaging I read that? I hope you can be pain free today now that you are up and about.

Morning, Lony! How much snow did you get? What projects have you started? Got anymore gorgeous snow photos for us?

Chewie, yes, as you know it is so hard to see our kiddos in pain and know that only time will really help once we have done all we can with meds and hugs.

It is a nice gray day here. I have really been enjoying all of the colors of the sky. We have had absolutely gorgeous, brilliantly blue skies, gorgeous sunsets, and nice cozy gray days as well. A friend quoted a line from an ee cummings poem that described our recent blue skies beautifully--she used to be a teacher. I can't remember the name of the poem.

Ok, I need to skeedaddle. Gotta lug my sewing machine out the door. Have a nice morning!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Happy Saturday everyone!!!!
Kcmama....I have been out of the loop for a couple of days due to grand kids. So what is the problem that DD can't eat? I missed it. I did see where she can't eat much of anything. Could she eat baby food maybe or mac. and cheese blended up a little? I know it breaks your heart to see her in such pain.
Focus.....You will find days where the conversation moves fast and other days we are slow moving. Just hop in and get to know us all. I'm the granny of the bunch I guess. Well me and Linda I guess. LOL I'm 61 and have 5 grand babies. I'm more or less retired and loving it.
The kids are all here so I'll sign off for now. We are having a great time with them all. They have been really good which makes it really nice!
Catch you all later!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #505

Snow report: Just a skiff so far. I guess the three inches they were calling for last night took a detour. Not to worry though it is still snowing and it is susposed to all weekend.

Projects:
Doll clothes. I have everything out staring at me but that is as far as it went. I decided to glitter a cell phone case instead last night First coat is dry and I am getting ready to put on another coat.

I am susposed to head to sheridan today for lunch with my friend but I don't know how that is going to go. We will see about the roads. They close quickly when there is snow and ice.

I am gathering gluten free recipes for one of the guys Mike works with. He is a great kid and his girlfriend has to eat gluten free. She is at the end of her rope so I am compiling some things for her to try. I may have to teach her how to bake.

Kcmama I hope the wee one gets to feeling better soon. I hope it is not this bad for her everytime they adjust the braces. Did she get top and bottom? Did they do them at the same time? My mouth is so small it took them three hours just to put the back brackets on. I still hold the record for 57 dry shots in one sitting!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
Happy Saturday everyone!!!!
Kcmama....I have been out of the loop for a couple of days due to grand kids. So what is the problem that DD can't eat? I missed it. I did see where she can't eat much of anything. Could she eat baby food maybe or mac. and cheese blended up a little? I know it breaks your heart to see her in such pain.
Focus.....You will find days where the conversation moves fast and other days we are slow moving. Just hop in and get to know us all. I'm the granny of the bunch I guess. Well me and Linda I guess. LOL I'm 61 and have 5 grand babies. I'm more or less retired and loving it.
The kids are all here so I'll sign off for now. We are having a great time with them all. They have been really good which makes it really nice!
Catch you all later!!
I am a granny and retired as well. Hahahaha that makes me laugh, retired at 41
Old 02-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #507

Quote:
I hope she stops hurting soon! As a parent it is so tough to watch your baby in pain, and, as you say, not being able to take it away.

How is she doing this morning?

When DS got his braces and was in such pain I was ready to go and have them taken off the next day. Couldn't stand to watch him in so much pain.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #508

Quote:
This sounds yummy! Did you make it as a scramble or an omelette? Have you noticed a taste difference with these exotic salts?

Well, Eliza you had an extremely productive day. Can't believe all you got accomplished before lunch! Good deals on your pants too.
KC, I love the Himalayan salt. Tastes better to me. I'm using it mostly for the health benefits to get some much-needed minerals into my system.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #509

Quote:
Usually I will eat 1/2 can of tuna with mayo and pickles. Or meat and a salad. I try to save as many carbs as possible for things like salad dressing or olives.

Today is my first day back on plan so fingers crossed.
You go girl! May your sailing be smooth.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #510

Quote:
I had bought some canned chili with meat and beans before they said no meat. I think I may fix some of that for her tomorrow. She really likes chili and from what I remember the meat in that is very small and fairly nonexistant. I have flavored Amplify brand- Vanilla Cream, Chocolate and Cookies and Cream. I used the Vanilla Cream in a berry smoothie figuring she wouldn't even be able to tell but......

She wants pasta and rice but needs protein with it too.
Poor baby this is no fun.....

Some ground beef with onions, carrots, celery, etc., slow simmered into a soup would be really good, too......