Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
I was thinking the same thing KCMama....I'm not sure I would like that sweet sauce on my pork....I was concerned about the honey.

Those rules with the braces....geez! What is she supposed to eat? I would think a soft meat like ground beef would be fine?
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Hahaha all my old undies were size 12 and I could pull them up and tuck them into my bra
OMG!!!! Well, then, it is about time for new undies!!! Now, here is the dilemma. what do you do with the old underwear. I feel so guilty just throwing it away.Seriously. I recycle so much and hate replacing underwear because you can't really give it away (if it is in good condition). I just feel horrible every time I have to throw out a pair.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
OMG!!!! Well, then, it is about time for new undies!!! Now, here is the dilemma. what do you do with the old underwear. I feel so guilty just throwing it away.Seriously. I recycle so much and hate replacing underwear because you can't really give it away (if it is in good condition). I just feel horrible every time I have to throw out a pair.
I cut them up and give them to Mike for gun cleaning

I am old an married so for the most part they are big cotton granny panties!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #424
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Oh no, Eliza. Line after line, huh? Hate that. Hope it goes quick. I have to go to the bank today too. Joy!
It wasn't too bad, especially in comparison with the DMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I made it out of the Walfart alive!! I am shaking my fist at them though....Grrrr how dare they have my favorite comfey tees on sale for $3.00. I only bought two.

I hate it when I am out of all the expensive stuff. Laundry stuff, tp, coffee, meat....You name it and I pretty much bought it. I only bought good low carb foods so here we go, circle the wagons!!

To follow suit of all the wild women in the room I bought some new underwear and a bra! Ohhh and some raspberry ketone junk!
great deals on the tees! New foundation garments yay! I saw the raspberry ketone next to the green coffee bean extract I bought.....more on that to follow. Do let me know if the ketones work.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #425
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Hahaha all my old undies were size 12 and I could pull them up and tuck them into my bra
What! I wear 12s and weigh 100 lbs. more! I have no doubt you could literally tuck them into your bra.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #426
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
I scored on the ketones..Two bottles for $10
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #427
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Morning. Glad it's Friday but it's been a very tough week.

Welcome Focus. Jump in and get to know us. Like Lony said, we're not as crazy as we seem.

DS18 messed up his bank account so bad. We all had a loud discussion last night and it wasn't pretty. It made me sick to my stomach. He's 18 now and not a child but dh continues to treat him like one. I don't think that's a good idea. He needs to be taught budgeting---we definitely failed him on that one, plus he's spoiled. Just like the people that think if they have any blank checks left, they must have money in their account----not true. LOL I gave him a check to deposit and told ds we would discuss this issue tonight. Can't wait.

Chatted with my bff in CT this morning. It already is snowing there and school is closed. She was running to the grocery store to stock up---hope she still has some choices left.
Kids! Hopefully this will be an experience he learns from. He'll get it all figured out. Being an adults with all its requirements is not easy.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I was thinking the same thing KCMama....I'm not sure I would like that sweet sauce on my pork....I was concerned about the honey.

Those rules with the braces....geez! What is she supposed to eat? I would think a soft meat like ground beef would be fine?
My daughter is over here whining and moaning that I should be a "medicine maker" because I am so good at it! Gee I wonder if it is too late to get a job in that field, wonder if they would take me on my daughter's recommendation?!

I did ask about fish and they said as long as it flaked really easily that she could have that. They were not so thrilled about the shrimp. I thought about finely ground beef on the way home. If only I knew how my MIL made her ground beef so fine. Hers is dry and powdery almost. It tastes good but is really fine. Maybe dh knows. Perhaps I shall run to Whole Foods and see if they have some chicken salad or tofu (I am sure the tofu will go over well )

They suggested pasta, applesauce, eggs (she hates eggs, too, of course), protein powder, rice. Mostly carbs.......
__________________
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #429
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Afternoon All. Back from the orthodontist. Because of the weird brackets/bite guards they put on my daughter she is on a stricter "What Not to Eat with Braces" regimen. Get this----no meat for 8 weeks! What?! No meat?! I understand the apples, carrots, hard candy, ice but meat? Ugh. (Ok, Deb, I need a smilie dude banging his head against the wall......)

She is a picky eater anyway. I fixed her a berry smoothie and put in vanilla protein powder and she is in tears refusing to drink it because it tastes like medicine. I told her to learn to like it! Ugh. This is shaping up to be a very long 8 weeks. She is in tears up in her room and her big sister is trying to coax her to drink it.

Mona, thanks so much for the recipe. I think that I will do something similar but probably not the apple sauce it calls for.
KC, how about nice nutritious soup with finely crumbled hamburger or ground turkey? That shouldn't affect the braces and still give her good nutrition. Does she eat soup?

I don't blame her.....some of those powders do taste like medicine. If you get her pure unflavored whey isolate.....it's totally flavorless and if you mix it with milk it should be better.

Hope you find something she will enjoy eating. How long will these restrictions last?
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I cut them up and give them to Mike for gun cleaning

I am old an married so for the most part they are big cotton granny panties!
Ahhhhh, I wear the silky type so my pants slide over them better! I have cut up the kids cotton underwear before for cleaning rags but no one wants to use them cuz they are so "gross". I washed them for pete's sake!! Obviously we are too spoiled here.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #431
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Is this the same little girl who was sooooooooooo excited this morning? It is the price she has to pay.

I had to wear a jaw spreader for six months before my braces that I had to crank open every three days. So I had to break the roof of my mouth twice a week. Good times.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #432
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I scored on the ketones..Two bottles for $10
Great price!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #433
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Ahhhhh, I wear the silky type so my pants slide over them better! I have cut up the kids cotton underwear before for cleaning rags but no one wants to use them cuz they are so "gross". I washed them for pete's sake!! Obviously we are too spoiled here.
Hahahaha well I cut off the elastic and I do cut out the crotch.

Silky underwear makes my pants fall down.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
KC, how about nice nutritious soup with finely crumbled hamburger or ground turkey? That shouldn't affect the braces and still give her good nutrition. Does she eat soup?

I don't blame her.....some of those powders do taste like medicine. If you get her pure unflavored whey isolate.....it's totally flavorless and if you mix it with milk it should be better.

Hope you find something she will enjoy eating. How long will these restrictions last?
She does like soup. She just asked for some Ramen Noodle soup instead of finishing her smoothie. I told her "No" as there is no protein in it. Then it was funny --she went to the kitchen and started pulling out stuff to read if there was protein in it. I made a delicious Sausage Toscano Soup last night that everyone liked but her--she didn't like the flavor of the sausage. You can't see me here but I am hitting my head against the table. It is going to be a long tear filled 8 weeks. She is my drama queen.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Hahahaha well I cut off the elastic and I do cut out the crotch.

Silky underwear makes my pants fall down.
That is why I like silky underwear, well don't like the falling down part, but my pants glide smoothly over and no panty lines!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
kcmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Posts: 4,236
Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Is this the same little girl who was sooooooooooo excited this morning? It is the price she has to pay.

I had to wear a jaw spreader for six months before my braces that I had to crank open every three days. So I had to break the roof of my mouth twice a week. Good times.
Yes, same girl! She had one of those things too and half braces two years ago. Well, I need to get going again. Have to drop oldest off at work and then youngest is going to musical practice while I sit there and sell tickets!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Is this the same little girl who was sooooooooooo excited this morning? It is the price she has to pay.

I had to wear a jaw spreader for six months before my braces that I had to crank open every three days. So I had to break the roof of my mouth twice a week. Good times.
OMG that sounds horrible! Did it hurt....every day? *shudder*

When I got my braces at 18 it was too late to correct my overbite.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #438
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
That is why I like silky underwear, well don't like the falling down part, but my pants glide smoothly over and no panty lines!
I have never had pants tight enough to show panty lines.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #439
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
DMV, bank, Ross, oil change at Walfarts, haircut, Sally Beauty supply, dollar store, Cato

Glad I'm back home and ready for some lunch and rest.

At Ross, I found some nice heavy duty shallow roasting pans -Cuisinart, and a new doggie bed plus some nice fuzzy hangers that don't let your clothes slip off of them.

While getting my hair cut, noticed that in her license picture, the hairdresser looked much bigger. Immediately asked her how she did it. She ascribed some of it on her divorce. She said she has recently lost 16 lbs. after starting to take green coffee bean extract. She said it was the Walmart brand. Since my next stop was Walfarts for an oil change, I got me some to try out. It was $10 for 2 bottles, not sure how many days' supply.
__________________
Eliza


Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #440
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
OMG that sounds horrible! Did it hurt....every day? *shudder*

When I got my braces at 18 it was too late to correct my overbite.
Mona I didn't get mine till I was 20. It was horribly painful. Everytime I bit down on that torture device it would spread my jaw out. Then I got my clear braces and they made me wear 13 neon rubber bands on them. The neon once were stronger. Blah so much for wasting my money on clear braces.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #441
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Hahahaha well I cut off the elastic and I do cut out the crotch.

Silky underwear makes my pants fall down.
I can only stand boring cotton underwear. Silky is so pretty though. I can just imagine my behind sweating in it in the Texas heat.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #442
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
DMV, bank, Ross, oil change at Walfarts, haircut, Sally Beauty supply, dollar store, Cato

Glad I'm back home and ready for some lunch and rest.

At Ross, I found some nice heavy duty shallow roasting pans -Cuisinart, and a new doggie bed plus some nice fuzzy hangers that don't let your clothes slip off of them.

While getting my hair cut, noticed that in her license picture, the hairdresser looked much bigger. Immediately asked her how she did it. She ascribed some of it on her divorce. She said she has recently lost 16 lbs. after starting to take green coffee bean extract. She said it was the Walmart brand. Since my next stop was Walfarts for an oil change, I got me some to try out. It was $10 for 2 bottles, not sure how many days' supply.
I was looking at that too.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #443
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Mona I didn't get mine till I was 20. It was horribly painful. Everytime I bit down on that torture device it would spread my jaw out. Then I got my clear braces and they made me wear 13 neon rubber bands on them. The neon once were stronger. Blah so much for wasting my money on clear braces.
That sounds horrible!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,345
Gallery: lucky51
KC, does she like cottage cheese? My dad broke his jaw and had it wired shut for 6 weeks. I put everything through a blender and he drank it through a straw. I even did roast beef with gravy. I did pumpkin pie one time.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #445
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
BUT my teeth are nice and straight now so it was worth it.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #446
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I made it out of the Walfart alive!! I am shaking my fist at them though....Grrrr how dare they have my favorite comfey tees on sale for $3.00. I only bought two.

I hate it when I am out of all the expensive stuff. Laundry stuff, tp, coffee, meat....You name it and I pretty much bought it. I only bought good low carb foods so here we go, circle the wagons!!

To follow suit of all the wild women in the room I bought some new underwear and a bra! Ohhh and some raspberry ketone junk!
Congrats on new undies!!!! I just folded 4 pairs of mine and 2 of 4 are ripped pretty bad. It is pitiful!!! Yet, my boys have the newest of everything. Mama's sure take a back seat!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #447
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,415
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
I was looking at that too.
Well, hope either of them or both work so we can lose weight!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Mona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Creswell, OR
Posts: 4,189
Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Gosh Eliza, that is a lot of stuff to do all before lunch. Good job! So what's for lunch?

I need to get my oil changed, and I also need a haircut. But I'm just sitting here being lazy.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #449
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Lony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buffalo Wyoming
Posts: 11,679
Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Congrats on new undies!!!! I just folded 4 pairs of mine and 2 of 4 are ripped pretty bad. It is pitiful!!! Yet, my boys have the newest of everything. Mama's sure take a back seat!
Well Miss Chewie, it is time to change that! You need to pamper yourself at least once a month. That is an ORDER
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #450
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Is this the same little girl who was sooooooooooo excited this morning? It is the price she has to pay.

I had to wear a jaw spreader for six months before my braces that I had to crank open every three days. So I had to break the roof of my mouth twice a week. Good times.
Ouch!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.