Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Lucky I am so sorry to hear about your horrible doctor's appointment. What a rude, clueless lady. I would definitely report what happened to someone higher-up. She needs to learn to keep her unkind thoughts to herself. Reminds me of people who spew whatever they want and then say "just kidding"

Sue your grandkids are so cute.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 04:09 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Welcome Focus!!!!! We hope you stay around and join us!!!

Lucky...I am so sorry about your horrible dr. visit. I have found so many do not have what we call a good bed side manner. It's as if they have no feelings. It makes you wonder how many others she has hurt with her words. Many hugs to you. We all understand your feelings.

Oh Lony....enjoy the snow this weekend heading your wary. I know you must be sick of it already. I wish we could get a little of it here.

Melinda.....I am keeping up with the news on the cop there in LA. It's sad for all the families involved.

Morning Miss Mona!!!!!!!

Is Deb MIA????????????????????????

I think I may go lay back down and get an extra little nap before Eli wakes up.
Have a great FRIDAY everyone!!!!!!!!!
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #393
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Hi All,

New to the boards and currently in the 300s but cant wait to see 299 my goal for Feb. A lil about me, been low carbing on and off for years. At my highest 8 years ago i was 353 and after a year and half went down to 199 but since then have struggled and Jan this year got back on the wagon at my 2nd highest weight of 316.5 (grrrr) currently at 302.5. 3lbs away from my Feb goal for myself. Trying to take each day as it comes and not let anything get me off track. Am not following any plan as i find once i break one of the plan rules i end up giving up completely. Rather do it my own way and even though have a slower loss i can keep it up for longer if that makes sense. Anyway want to make this my year .

Oksue just wanted to say those children are adorable!!

Lucky sorry you had such a horrible experience at the doctors, i agree with others definitely complain, no one should have to put up with that rudeness. I hate people that dont think before they speak and upset others.

Also Crazyone, omg that sounds terrible, hope they catch him soon. be safe and keep us updated x
Focus! Glad you found your way to our little group.

Looking forward to getting to know you. I agree with Mona...Onederland is a dream for many of us here. You got there once, you'll get there again.

I live in a major metropolitan area in Texas. I'm married and have a 17 year old son. I'm also an elementary (grades 4-5) school teacher. Weight is a life-long struggle for me. I've been overweight since age 4 and obese since after I had my kid 17 years ago.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #394

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines! Time to rise and whine.

Focus, come on in and have a seat. Honestly we are not nearly as crazy as we seem!

Mona, good luck getting back on plan. I know that you can do it. That is what I am doing too. Headed to the big city today to get all stocked up before the snow flys.

Sue I will share all the snow you want. It hardly gets off the roads before bam, we are hit again.

Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #395

Ok time to rise and whine! I am wide awake and full of pep!

LOL I am killing time till I can leave. If I go now I will just have to fight the deer.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #396

Lony, if you fight the deer, think you'll definitely win.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #397

Staying home today, going to DMV to renew driver's license, then for an oil change. What an exciting day!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #398

Hurray for a day off! We are a bunch of wild women I tell ya. Doctors, DMV and oil changes. Grocery and then naps to top it all off.

Ahhhhh to be young again.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Lony, if you fight the deer, think you'll definitely win.
Not if they come through my windshield!!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Hurray for a day off! We are a bunch of wild women I tell ya. Doctors, DMV and oil changes. Grocery and then naps to top it all off.

Ahhhhh to be young again.

Also, need to stop by bank to check on replacement for lost debit card. Excitement to the max!

I better get going before the DMV fills up.

You drive safely, girl.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #401

You too my dear doofus
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #402

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Sue those are some super cute grandbabies!
Ditto
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Goooooooood Morning my Peeps!!

It is a bit overcast and chilly here. My ds and I are quite envious of the northeast with their predicted snowfall. I know that sounds weird but we love snow and the inch or two we have managed to get with the 2-3 snowfalls we have gotten this season are abysmal and not meeting our snow needs. LOL Okay, I don't want 2 feet and neither do the folks in the northeast which is why it would be nice if we could get some of their snow and then we would all be happy.

I will be taking youngest later this morning to get her braces put on. She is excited. It is so funny as she is pretty much the last one in her friend group to get them. Everyone at her lunch table already has them. Then I will head to her school to help take ticket orders and assign seating to the musical the end of this month.

Need to figure out what to fix for dinner tonight with a pork sirloin roast that I bought yesterday. I actually bought two of them as they were around 1.49/lb. Anyone have any ideas? It looks like a tenderloin cut almost. Guess I should try to go research that particular cut of meat.

Sue, loved the pics of Eli and Layla. They are beautiful children. Hope you feel energized after your nap.

Dh, ds, youngest and I were up until about 11:30 last night. We were watching Leno and trying to help ds fill out his class schedule for Senior year. His College Algebra teacher is recommending he take either AP Statistics, Honors Pre-Calc Trig, or Honors Accelerated Pre Calc BC. My son has opted to forego all math. He has to take CA IV, American Govt and one semester of some other Social Studies class so he needs to fill all of the other hours. He was looking at Choir, Cheerleading, Dance Team and Sophomore Band. He says he would make Cheer or Dance Team because the district requires that a boy be on the team if he tries out for it. It is all a big joke to him. Sigh. Although, the cheerleaders get scholarships to Univ. to cheer so maybe not such a bad idea....... Not sure how that would go over with his swim coach when he gets an injury during cheer or dance that prevents him from swimming! LOL Anyhow, he will be taking Cooking Essentials, Culinary I, Weights, and Accounting instead. Took us an hour to finalize his schedule. As you can see he has high aspirations. NOT!

Welcome to the group Focus! Looks like you have made a good start on your goal! I am seriously considering restarting LC myself. I just need Melinda to publish an ecookbook with all the LC recipes she has been copying from posts. It would take me forever to go back through all the years of threads to find recipes.

Ok, I am off to have breakfast, take a shower and pick up the kiddos rooms/make beds, etc. Y'all have a great day!!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Oh, Lucky! I wish i were there to punch that woman in the face and tell her to f*** off.

It is very unprofessional and unkind to make such comments to a patient in a vulnerable position. This woman had diarrhea of the mouth. It was none of her business. Her business was to do the cancer screening. Nothing more.

Many hugs. I totally understand. I've been there. For all it's worth, your body has served you faithfully all these years. It carried and delivered your children. It took you everywhere you had to go. It did the work necessary to maintain a home for your family, a farm, and a job. It hugged your loved ones in happy times and sad, it changed diapers, put food on the table, and nursed others to health. And, for that, I would consider it beautiful just the way the Lord made it.
I agree with everything Eliza said. Unfortunately people are so stupid and judgemental. Your experience made me cry for the pain it brought you and the pain I have also experienced from this. I am so sorry. HUGs and prayers. God made you a beautiful child of His in His image and it doesn't matter what she said or thinks. You are His child.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #405
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Lony, just sent you an email with the requested links! Sorry to be so slow about it.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #406

Thank you!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Thank you ladies for your kind words. You validated my thoughts that it was not just me wearing my heart on my sleeve, although I tend to do that. I don't think I can ever go to a medical professional again without the thought that they are thinking the same thing this lady said, just not vocalizing it. I am considering writing her a letter, but will have to get over some of my raw feelings first.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #408

Morning. Glad it's Friday but it's been a very tough week.

Welcome Focus. Jump in and get to know us. Like Lony said, we're not as crazy as we seem.

DS18 messed up his bank account so bad. We all had a loud discussion last night and it wasn't pretty. It made me sick to my stomach. He's 18 now and not a child but dh continues to treat him like one. I don't think that's a good idea. He needs to be taught budgeting---we definitely failed him on that one, plus he's spoiled. Just like the people that think if they have any blank checks left, they must have money in their account----not true. LOL I gave him a check to deposit and told ds we would discuss this issue tonight. Can't wait.

Chatted with my bff in CT this morning. It already is snowing there and school is closed. She was running to the grocery store to stock up---hope she still has some choices left.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #409

Off to the grocery. We are only getting one foot of snow not several like those poor people on the east coast. Linda I have you in my thoughts.

Lucky you are not wrong at all! You are WONDERFUL!

Chewie, good luck with your "discussion" I hate those. I always say Mike puts the Cuss in Discuss.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #410

Stuck at the DMV, arrrrgh!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #411
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, again. I just woke up from a long nap. I had to take my extra BP med and it makes me sleepy.

Eliza, sorry you are stuck at the DMV. That brings back memories of when I lived in Southern California, going to the DMV was an all-day affair. There would literally be 100 people in line. The first time I went to the DMV here in Oregon, I walked in and there was hardly anyone there. I walked right up to the counter. What a surprise!

Lony I hope you get all stocked up and back to your warm home before the snow hits! We are just getting rain. Lots and lots of rain.

Chewie sorry to hear your DS18 messed up his account. Yea, he's young and he probably doesn't know any better. Hopefully your DH can tone down the yelling and you can actually teach your son what needs to be done. Overdraft fees are SO expensive.

KCMama I didn't get braces until I was 18. LOL. I had very crooked teeth and I had developed a habit of covering my mouth everytime I laughed.
So I looked up Pork Sirloin Roast on the internet and there are tons of cooking options but this one really caught my eye. It looks delicious: Roasted Pork Sirloin « The Domestic Man
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Mona, that looks delicious. Let us know how it tastes.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Mona, that looks delicious. Let us know how it tastes.
Unfortunately I do not posses a pork sirloin roast to cook. I was posting it for KCMama. Maybe she will tell us how it tastes?

I'm looking at some of the other recipes on that blog. I love seeing pictures of food. haha. Some of them look really tasty.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #414

Well, out of DMV and now waiting in line at the bank. Hoy vey!

Hi Mona
Old 02-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #415

Oh no, Eliza. Line after line, huh? Hate that. Hope it goes quick. I have to go to the bank today too. Joy!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #416

I made it out of the Walfart alive!! I am shaking my fist at them though....Grrrr how dare they have my favorite comfey tees on sale for $3.00. I only bought two.

I hate it when I am out of all the expensive stuff. Laundry stuff, tp, coffee, meat....You name it and I pretty much bought it. I only bought good low carb foods so here we go, circle the wagons!!

To follow suit of all the wild women in the room I bought some new underwear and a bra! Ohhh and some raspberry ketone junk!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

New undies! Yay!

Where is Melindapoo Today?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #418

I dunno, watching the coverage on the psycho cop that won't be found?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
New undies! Yay!

Where is Melindapoo Today?
Hahaha all my old undies were size 12 and I could pull them up and tuck them into my bra
Old 02-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Afternoon All. Back from the orthodontist. Because of the weird brackets/bite guards they put on my daughter she is on a stricter "What Not to Eat with Braces" regimen. Get this----no meat for 8 weeks! What?! No meat?! I understand the apples, carrots, hard candy, ice but meat? Ugh. (Ok, Deb, I need a smilie dude banging his head against the wall......)

She is a picky eater anyway. I fixed her a berry smoothie and put in vanilla protein powder and she is in tears refusing to drink it because it tastes like medicine. I told her to learn to like it! Ugh. This is shaping up to be a very long 8 weeks. She is in tears up in her room and her big sister is trying to coax her to drink it.

Mona, thanks so much for the recipe. I think that I will do something similar but probably not the apple sauce it calls for.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote