Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
KC, some of the youth from my church made the pillowcase dresses and sent them with another church group near us who were going to Haiti at Christmas. After I saw the price of pillowcases, I thought they should just start with fabric. Hope your son find his keys. I know the new keys are really expensive to get copies made.

Chewie, we have all of our vehicles back and operational. It did make me feel young to have to beg for rides like a teenager. My husband is fine, if I don't kill him today. I took the morning off work to get my farm taxes ready to take to the accountant. I have 20 W-2's, 1099's, and 1098's to balance with my accounts. My husband interrupts me every 2 minutes to tell me about the weather or to complain about politics. Like we can do anything about any of it. Thank goodness his brother came and got him to go to pick something up. Since I do accounting all day, this isn't much of a vacation, but I will have my grandsons this weekend, so couldn't do it then.

Melinda, how are you doing with the Raspberry Keotenes? It has really helped my appetitie and I am losing a little.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
KC, some of the youth from my church made the pillowcase dresses and sent them with another church group near us who were going to Haiti at Christmas. After I saw the price of pillowcases, I thought they should just start with fabric. Hope your son find his keys. I know the new keys are really expensive to get copies made.

Chewie, we have all of our vehicles back and operational. It did make me feel young to have to beg for rides like a teenager. My husband is fine, if I don't kill him today. I took the morning off work to get my farm taxes ready to take to the accountant. I have 20 W-2's, 1099's, and 1098's to balance with my accounts. My husband interrupts me every 2 minutes to tell me about the weather or to complain about politics. Like we can do anything about any of it. Thank goodness his brother came and got him to go to pick something up. Since I do accounting all day, this isn't much of a vacation, but I will have my grandsons this weekend, so couldn't do it then.

Melinda, how are you doing with the Raspberry Keotenes? It has really helped my appetitie and I am losing a little.
I was thinking unless I can find pillowcases for super cheap it might be better to use fabric too lucky. Thanks for the tip.

Holy cow woman you have a busy day ahead! Better you than me though. haha I like just using the turbo tax and poof done.

I think I am going to get some raspberry junk tomorrow when I go to Sheridan.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #363

Back from storage Hurray! I did something today.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #364

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Back from storage Hurray! I did something today.
Woohoo!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

I got all taxes ready for accountant. Now I am of to shower and get ready for Mammogram and Pap. Do I know how to have a fun day??? I thought my husband could go with me since he's not working and we could go out to eat. He is still with his brother, so I am not counting on that.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #366

Lucky it is not going to be a FUN day but it is a necessary day.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #367

Hey Chews!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #368

Quote:
I got all taxes ready for accountant. Now I am of to shower and get ready for Mammogram and Pap. Do I know how to have a fun day??? I thought my husband could go with me since he's not working and we could go out to eat. He is still with his brother, so I am not counting on that.
You are just the party girl!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #369

Quote:
Hey Chews!
Yeah, still here trying to make up my time from the dr time yesterday. I think I'll stay till 1 and then go home for lunch and a nap.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Yeah, still here trying to make up my time from the dr time yesterday. I think I'll stay till 1 and then go home for lunch and a nap.
Yeeee Haaawww, you are a wild woman like Lucky!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello girls! I just got home from shopping and got all the food put away. I got some bargains at 2 grocery stores, then went to Costco and got gas and bought a bunch of stuff we were out of. They had take n' bake pizzas for only 5 bucks so I've got that in the oven now. I wanted to get some canned tuna and my goodness was it expensive. $15 for an 8-can pack. I will have to treasure it. LOL. I also got myself a little present. I got a brand name salad spinner that was about $15 after instant rebate. I've been using this 3 dollar special I got from Walmart for about 10 years now. And it's a PITA to use! LOL. I think I'm really going to enjoy my new one. The water reservoir is self contained....unlike the Walmart one.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #372

Hello, is this thing on?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Hi to all.....just a quick drop in.
Here is what I have been doing today!!!

Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #374

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Sue, you lucky grandma!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #375

Sue those are some super cute grandbabies!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Sue, those grandkids are darling.

I went for cancer detection today, and usually don't mind it. It is all women and you are examined by a very kind nurse. Today was horrible. I was examined by the nurse practicioner who seemed very nice. When she was doing the skin check, she asked me if my arms had always been like "that." I said yes and tried not to let it bother me. When she went to examine my legs, she said I had the strangest legs she had ever seen. They are "normal" on the bottom and so big on the top. I burst into tears. She just kept going on instead of letting it drop. Said they looked uncomfortable. She said she didn't mean to hurt my feelings, etc, etc, etc. I finally told her I was fat and I knew it. She finally shut up and finished the exam. Then she started in on what a good person I was and not to let the way I looked influence anything. I told her she didn't know me so how could she say that. She kept apologizing and saying she didn't mean it the way I took it. I have never been as upset at a doctor's visit as I was at this one. It wouldn't have been so bad if she had just dropped it, but I was so embarrassed. I know what my legs look like. My orthopedic doctor had to operate on them twice and never made a comment like that. She kept saying she thought it might be something that had gone undiagnosed. I'm crying just writing this out, but you are the only ones who would understand. My husband probably thinks I have cancer because I was so upset when I came out of the office.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #377

Quote:

I went for cancer detection today, and usually don't mind it. It is all women and you are examined by a very kind nurse. Today was horrible. I was examined by the nurse practicioner who seemed very nice. When she was doing the skin check, she asked me if my arms had always been like "that." I said yes and tried not to let it bother me. When she went to examine my legs, she said I had the strangest legs she had ever seen. They are "normal" on the bottom and so big on the top. I burst into tears. She just kept going on instead of letting it drop. Said they looked uncomfortable. She said she didn't mean to hurt my feelings, etc, etc, etc. I finally told her I was fat and I knew it. She finally shut up and finished the exam. Then she started in on what a good person I was and not to let the way I looked influence anything. I told her she didn't know me so how could she say that. She kept apologizing and saying she didn't mean it the way I took it. I have never been as upset at a doctor's visit as I was at this one. It wouldn't have been so bad if she had just dropped it, but I was so embarrassed. I know what my legs look like. My orthopedic doctor had to operate on them twice and never made a comment like that. She kept saying she thought it might be something that had gone undiagnosed. I'm crying just writing this out, but you are the only ones who would understand. My husband probably thinks I have cancer because I was so upset when I came out of the office.

Oh, Lucky! I wish i were there to punch that woman in the face and tell her to f*** off.

It is very unprofessional and unkind to make such comments to a patient in a vulnerable position. This woman had diarrhea of the mouth. It was none of her business. Her business was to do the cancer screening. Nothing more.

Many hugs. I totally understand. I've been there. For all it's worth, your body has served you faithfully all these years. It carried and delivered your children. It took you everywhere you had to go. It did the work necessary to maintain a home for your family, a farm, and a job. It hugged your loved ones in happy times and sad, it changed diapers, put food on the table, and nursed others to health. And, for that, I would consider it beautiful just the way the Lord made it.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,500....and over 3,000,000 steps
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #378

Quote:

Oh Sweetheart! I am so very sorry. You might want to contact the head office and file a complaint. No one should be treated that way at a doctor appointment. I am at a loss for words. Sending you hugs and happy glitter and prayers for the quick soothing of your soul.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Oh, Lucky! I wish i were there to punch that woman in the face and tell her to f*** off.

It is very unprofessional and unkind to make such comments to a patient in a vulnerable position. This woman had diarrhea of the mouth. It was none of her business. Her business was to do the cancer screening. Nothing more.

Many hugs. I totally understand. I've been there. For all it's worth, your body has served you faithfully all these years. It carried and delivered your children. It took you everywhere you had to go. It did the work necessary to maintain a home for your family, a farm, and a job. It hugged your loved ones in happy times and sad, it changed diapers, put food on the table, and nursed others to health. And, for that, I would consider it beautiful just the way the Lord made it.
YES THIS! It made me cry!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #380
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:

Oh, Lucky, I am so sorry! How unprofessional of her!! Although, I should not be surprised. My sister gets treated like this by doctors and so she continues to suffer through ailments and avoid the medical professionals as much as possible. Not all act so rudely but she just never knows when it will happen. She will call me in tears and it breaks my heart. I get angry on her behalf all the time. I am so sorry you had this experience. Wish I could turn back time and change the outcome for you. I don't know what to say really just want you to know I am on your side.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #381

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Lucky....I just read your post and honestly I am in tears too...that is why I don't run to doctors because of disrespectful crap like that..I agree with Lony you call and get that beyotch out on her ass.,how dare she....who in the Heck does she think she is..,I am seriously very angry about this.sending you many hugs...boy my obgyn did that same crap to me when I was 7 months pregnant...my hubs made a trip down there and told him one more comment like that and he was going to kick his ass..don't listen to that hefer, Lucky ,,
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #382

Quote:
Oh Sweetheart! I am so very sorry. You might want to contact the head office and file a complaint. No one should be treated that way at a doctor appointment. I am at a loss for words. Sending you hugs and happy glitter and prayers for the quick soothing of your soul.
Good idea! God knows how many have suffered at the hands of this woman. She must be stopped for the sake of her future patients.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #383

Sorry everyone....I am on edge here due to this manhunt here..been glued to the TV since 10 am....everyone out here is nervous...hope he is caught before he kills more people...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #384

I don't know why people think it's OK to comment rudely on an overweight person's body. To our face. Like we are subhuman and don't deserve common courtesy.

We are not lazy! We simply are battling a hormone issue we didn't ask for. We work harder at living than the metabolically gifted.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Sorry everyone....I am on edge here due to this manhunt here..been glued to the TV since 10 am....everyone out here is nervous...hope he is caught before he kills more people...
Melindochka, lock the door and stay safe!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I don't know why people think it's OK to comment rudely on an overweight person's body. To our face. Like we are subhuman and don't deserve common courtesy.

We are not lazy! We simply are battling a hormone issue we didn't ask for. We work harder at living than the metabolically gifted.
I love the skinny people who look down their noses and say, "Just don't eat so much"

Please.....I rolled my eyes so hard I saw the back of my head!

These kinds of things just make me soooooo mad!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Oh My Goodness, stay locked up. Sending prayers.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #388

Well they found his burning truck in big bear... He is more or less targeting the police...he got fired In 2007 I think. And the lawyer who represented him couldn't get him reinstated so a couple of days ago, he killed his daughter and her boyfriend to start...then he shot 2 policeman...killing one....this guy has this manifest online which is unreal.....I guess he tried to steal a boat down in San Diego, but was unsuccessful....now they have police from about 5 different cities combing thru big bear....I am praying he isn't hiding there, so he could use the sniper rifle he has ....amongst the other assault weapons and his hit list..,,

Well let me say goodnight to you....

Lucky.....luv you..,chin up....hugs..
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Hi All,

New to the boards and currently in the 300s but cant wait to see 299 my goal for Feb. A lil about me, been low carbing on and off for years. At my highest 8 years ago i was 353 and after a year and half went down to 199 but since then have struggled and Jan this year got back on the wagon at my 2nd highest weight of 316.5 (grrrr) currently at 302.5. 3lbs away from my Feb goal for myself. Trying to take each day as it comes and not let anything get me off track. Am not following any plan as i find once i break one of the plan rules i end up giving up completely. Rather do it my own way and even though have a slower loss i can keep it up for longer if that makes sense. Anyway want to make this my year .

Oksue just wanted to say those children are adorable!!

Lucky sorry you had such a horrible experience at the doctors, i agree with others definitely complain, no one should have to put up with that rudeness. I hate people that dont think before they speak and upset others.

Also Crazyone, omg that sounds terrible, hope they catch him soon. be safe and keep us updated x
focus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Welcome Focus83. Wow I'm envious that you made it down to the mythical Onderland. You will get there again. So it's about 2am over on the West Coast of the US. I work nights so that's why I'm awake and posting. This is my night off though...and I keep my same schedule during my offtime. Most of the others won't start posting for a few hours.

I have some vacation time coming up this month starting on Feb 20th and running thru March 1st. I decided to start DH and me back up on Low Carb on Feb 20th. That will give us a really good head start of being able to cook and prepare and all that stuff that is essential for staying on plan.

Last edited by Mona; 02-08-2013 at 03:48 AM..
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote