Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   Back Again but Determined (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/794392-back-again-but-determined.html)

Deb-B 01-13-2013 04:52 PM

Back Again but Determined

Well, this is the one place I told myself I was NEVER going to let myself have to come back to, but here I am.

Seven years ago I lost over 120lbs in a year on the Atkins program (using this site for support) and kept it off for 2 years.

... then I got pregnant...

During the pregnancy I stopped low carbing because the dietitian told me it was unsafe for the baby. This started everything snowballing. After my son was born, I had gained 40lbs... and now (5 years later) this has grown to 70lbs.

So, coming back here is my reality kick and confessional. I am currently just under 300lbs and my goal weight (set by my doc) is 190lbs.

Hopefully getting back on program with something I -know- works for me will help kick-start me back in the right direction.

Deb

stepinthyme 01-13-2013 04:55 PM

Welcome back! This is a wonderful group of people--and we both share the same goal weight...:hugs:

Deb-B 01-13-2013 05:00 PM

Funny... I never expected to get emotional over all this...

It is almost like coming home after being away for a LONG time, and people just accepting you back into the fold... and understanding where you are at in your life and where you want to go... and just plain accepting you... I think I've been needing this for a while.

stepinthyme 01-14-2013 07:02 AM

Exactly. I, too am working to re-lose weight I gained in the past year, so I definitely understand where you're coming from. This really is a wonderful group of folks on LCF--the knowledge and support here has been an enormous help to me, and I hope it will be for you, too.

trishthedish 01-16-2013 11:56 AM

:welcome:

We've all been in the same boat at some point. You can ALWAYS pick yourself back up, dust off, and try again!!

Phranquie 01-16-2013 10:00 PM

Welcome back Deb! I am a LC weight loss re-tread too. The big thing is that you are back and know how well LC can work. Get rid of the junk food in your house and stock up on good fresh LC foods you love to eat. Then find a daily support thread that you can join for accountability, support, motivation and inspiration. You can do this!

MaryMary 01-23-2013 05:28 PM

Hi Deb, I got back with the program July 2011 after gaining 75 lbs over a 4 year period. It does work and I have dropped 60 of the 75 lbs. welcome back, Deb.

wyterayven 01-25-2013 08:08 PM

Im in the same boat. I lost 70, gained 40, lost 40 and now am back up the 70. So starting over. And hoping to actually make it all the way to my goal this time.

Its hard. I think I failed last time because I became very tired of the food...I missed pasta and bread so much I was dreaming about them.

I started on January 1st and have lost 14.8 so far. Its coming of much slower this time around. So its going to be a tough fight, I think. But I am so tired of the way I look and feel.

Jigsaw 01-27-2013 07:23 PM

Welcome back! I just started LC this last year. I have lost weight on ww in the past (70lbs), but due to my metabolic syndrome and now as it turns out, Diabetes, it didn't "stick". So don't feel bad, my guess is there are plenty of people who have lost before but are back to try again. Looking forward to sharing our journey's together. :)