Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   The Century Club (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/)
-   -   Getting and Staying Healthy in 2013! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/century-club/792612-getting-staying-healthy-2013-a.html)

MsWoods 01-02-2013 08:55 AM

Getting and Staying Healthy in 2013!

This is a group that has been together for a long time. Some people are MIA but we all know they will be back and hopefully in 2012 we can all move towards our goal of getting healthy. New comers are welcome and try to post often. I would have never been able to get where I am today without this group.

So, what are your goals for the new year?

Last years thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ce...hy-2012-a.html

MsWoods 01-02-2013 08:59 AM

This was my goal list for 2012:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 15290485)
My goals are to learn how to be happy with myself. I'm just sick of being sad.

And get close to goal. I've been screwing up. I don't want to gain this weight back. I want to get smaller. I can walk in heels now but I'm still not happy with myself. I want to be skinny.

Well, I accomplished the first one. Thank goodness. I still have some rough days, but overall, I'm fairly content and not so hard on myself.

I got skinny but put some back on lol. IDK I think it was self sabotage. IDK what my goals for the year are. Just do the best I can.

DesertGurl 01-02-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16165677)
I'm here ladies. I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread for the year since we do only make 1 a year. I did great last year, got down to 204.5 and then blam. Life happened and it got away from me. I'm at about 250 now. Back on it, going shopping today and getting all my ducks in a row.

Oct I really hope you can stick with it. I know how much you have struggled staying on plan. Just try to come post often, it really helps. Staying away from Alcohol is my biggest struggle.

Danielle My first goal is to catch up to you lol. I should lose about 10lbs my first week. At least 7 from water weight. I hope anyway lol.

Boy do I know about life getting in the way. You can totally rock this, Michelle! :high5:
Well I'll be waitin girly, c'mon! ;)

I think learning to not be so hard on yourself is HUGE and probably worth the whole year. It took me about that long too to finally get it. I think it's the key to seeing this thing through and not ever giving up. We got this! :sing:

MsWoods 01-03-2013 09:06 AM

I did much better with food yesterday but not Alcohol. Sigh. Yeah. So yesterday didn't go well but I will not beat myself up over it. I was good all day. Got home after shopping for LC groceries and started relaxing. I went to open the window on my front door and noticed it was stuck. Then I noticed some pry marks on the outside frame. Someone tried to break in my house yesterday. They did not get in thank God. But I was shaken up the rest of the night and my anxiety was at a very high level. My insides were shaking for hours and I finally gave in and had a few vodka/diet sodas. I know it wasn't the best thing to do but if that wouldn't have happened yesterday I would have been ok. Today is a new day and a fresh start. So yeah.

I'm going to make my glucc pudding, I do the best when I have it around. I also got some Shiratake noodles finally and I'm going to get those ready and get some foods prepared.

DesertGurl 01-03-2013 09:30 AM

OMG! Well thank goodness you are safe and they didn't get in. :hugs: I can only imagine how stressful that must've been. Hang in there, be kind to yourself and yep, today's a brand new day! Go girl Go!!! :high5:

MsWoods 01-03-2013 01:15 PM

Glad you're here Danielle. I wish we would get some more posters.

How you doing today?

DesertGurl 01-03-2013 02:27 PM

Hi Michelle! I'm doing ok today. Feeling alittle hungry but staying busy. Ironically thankful that I'm too busy pickin up after everyone here instead of thinking about food. :laugh:

I hope we get some more people to jump in here soon! We'd love to have you all! :)

MsWoods 01-03-2013 02:36 PM

Ha I feel ya on the hungry. I was ok all day and I had a little chocolate glucc pudding a bit ago and that made me hungry. I haven't ate all day except that so I guess I need to eat something.

Yeah I miss Nikki and June. I wish they would pop in here so I can know they are ok. Especially June.

DesertGurl 01-03-2013 02:47 PM

I would love to meet June! Nikki I know from the journals, etc.. Both of you need to come back!!! :)

You definitely need to eat, Michelle!! Today's my DD (doing JUDDD)..I fast pretty much all day and then have a yummy salad at dinnertime.. I am usually golden all day and feel zero hunger on down days but I'm just barely back 100% on plan the last week so it's like starting all over getting acclimated again. :rolleyes: Sometimes it's just not worth going off, IMO. So much drama getting back together :p

oct2667us 01-05-2013 11:27 AM

I am here lol, Been doing good staying on plan ,

oct2667us 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16168177)
I did much better with food yesterday but not Alcohol. Sigh. Yeah. So yesterday didn't go well but I will not beat myself up over it. I was good all day. Got home after shopping for LC groceries and started relaxing. I went to open the window on my front door and noticed it was stuck. Then I noticed some pry marks on the outside frame. Someone tried to break in my house yesterday. They did not get in thank God. But I was shaken up the rest of the night and my anxiety was at a very high level. My insides were shaking for hours and I finally gave in and had a few vodka/diet sodas. I know it wasn't the best thing to do but if that wouldn't have happened yesterday I would have been ok. Today is a new day and a fresh start. So yeah.

I'm going to make my glucc pudding, I do the best when I have it around. I also got some Shiratake noodles finally and I'm going to get those ready and get some foods prepared.

So happy you are ok

oct2667us 01-06-2013 03:15 PM

doing good with food just have a bad dady every where elase lol how are yall?

DesertGurl 01-06-2013 04:19 PM

Hanging in over here.. kinda an emotional weekend. Food is meh. TOM is lurking so I think that's why I'm all over the place :rolleyes:
Back to school for the kiddo tomorrow so hopefully the regular routine will help me to feel better and get going with some exercise, finally.

MsWoods 01-07-2013 08:17 AM

Glad yall are here. On plan here as well. Write more later.

MsWoods 01-08-2013 07:55 AM

My menu today:
B-coffee, creamer, vanilla torani. Maybe some glucc pudding
L-shiratake noodles w/rotisserie turkey, parm
D-Maybe same as lunch or with some kind of sauce.

DesertGurl 01-08-2013 10:43 AM

Hey girls, how's it going today? I'm doing alright. Still not feeling myself but better than the last couple days.. Eating has been just 'ok'...went over my cals for the day by about 200..not too shabby but not great either... TOM has me craving awful this month :annoyed:

Trying to get into an exercise routine but so far nothing consistent.:rolleyes: Must work on this!!

MsWoods 01-08-2013 11:32 AM

I'm doing better each day Danielle. Not back in the gym classes yet, my energy isn't where it needs to be yet, but I know it will be soon. My food is most important right now. I changed my menu already lol.

I had warm turkey breast salad for lunch and dinner will be some kind of pork.

shellyshebby 01-09-2013 04:45 AM

Can I join with you guys? Only thing is I am doing WW. I have lost doing LC in the past, but eventually I give in to the carby side and it's all over! I figured I give myself 6 good weeks on WW, then evaluate.
I restarted last Friday, so I'll weigh in this Friday.
My name is Michele. I live in Dallas, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. I'm married, have two girls, one dd 21 with down syndrome, one dd turning 10 on Friday.---yikes!---
I really appreciate LCF, there is so much support and just real niceness on these boards.
Really happy that I've gotten my act together-for the moment-to work on myself.
Good luck guys!

DesertGurl 01-10-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyshebby (Post 16182622)
Can I join with you guys? Only thing is I am doing WW. I have lost doing LC in the past, but eventually I give in to the carby side and it's all over! I figured I give myself 6 good weeks on WW, then evaluate.
My name is Michele. I live in Dallas, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta. I'm married, have two girls, one dd 21 with down syndrome, one dd turning 10 on Friday.---yikes!---
I really appreciate LCF, there is so much support and just real niceness on these boards.
Good luck guys!

:welcome: So glad you jumped in. Whatever plan works for you is pefectly fine! I'm doing JUDDD and don't necessarily eat lc either so we're the same, actually ;)

Keep it going, imagine the kind of progress you could see if you keep working on yourself! :high5:

Michelle~ how ya doing, hon? I hear ya about the exercise.. You will get back to it in no time! The food part of it is the hardest part for me, seems the exercise just falls into place easier when that part is out of the way :)

I've had some good food days but TOM is wreaking havoc with my weigh-in's . Meh :annoyed: I'll just keep plodding along...

Have a great day ladies!

Jazlyn 01-10-2013 10:21 AM

I keep hearing about JUDDD. I need to read up on it.

MsWoods 01-10-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellyshebby (Post 16182622)
Good luck guys!

That's no problem at all. Nikki (if she ever gets her butt back in here) lost all of her weight on WW and she loves it. Whatever works for you, do it. Glad to have you here.

Danielle I'm doing good with food. Struggling with alcohol. But I'm trying. Just trying to tie up some loose ends with some reconstruction on my house so I can get organized and back in full swing. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

How you doin?

Jazlyn-I've read a lot about JUDDD and I kind of follow the threads, but a lot of people eat higher carbs on their up days and that just doesn't work for me. I love all of their ideas for low calorie foods, though.

DesertGurl 01-10-2013 10:35 AM

You should! It's not for everyone but is the perfect plan for me.. you also need a heaping spoon of patience ;) This isn't designed for quick(er) weight loss like lc can sometimes be for many...just an FYI.. some do find that quick result but most just find steady weight loss all month long..the key is to look at the *trend*..down!

The JUDDD forum here is fantastic, there is a TON of information..along with googling the plan you'll find more.

Good Luck! :)

nikkiluvslowcarb 01-10-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16185932)
That's no problem at all. Nikki (if she ever gets her butt back in here) lost all of her weight on WW and she loves it. Whatever works for you, do it. Glad to have you here.

:hiya: I'm back!! Sorry I was MIA!

nikkiluvslowcarb 01-10-2013 04:23 PM

Danni, so glad you joined us. :)

Welcome Shelly! I lost 150 on WW PP!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Michelle :hugs: I missed you!

Between Thanksgiving and New Years I slaked off on my tracking and ate too many treats, I gained 15 lbs. Jan 1st I got back on track and 5 of the 15 lbs is gone.

I have been doing good with my exercise. On top of my running/jogging and I started yoga. I love the way I feel after doing it. I have a friend who wants to run the half marathon with me so when she can she goes run with me. I still want to lose 25 to 30 more lbs but my main focus is on exercise. I love how strong I feel after a good run or after yoga practice.

shellyshebby 01-10-2013 07:07 PM

Thank you for the welcomes everyone. I am weighing in tomorrow a.m.
Nikki you've done awesome on WW!
I really got to wrap my head around making this a permanent lifestyle change. I tend to lose some, think I have free reign and start to gain again.
I know how important exercise is, I feel better when I do it, just gotta get to it.
I've never tried JUDDD, I need to read up on it.

shellyshebby 01-11-2013 04:04 AM

Woo-Hoo! I lost 5.8! I know it's my 1st week, but it still rocks!

Jazlyn 01-11-2013 06:15 AM

That is great!

DesertGurl 01-11-2013 10:26 AM

Hello ladies! :hiya:

shelly~ :congrats: on your loss!! Fantastic to start out the year!!!!

Nikki~ so glad that you've come back to the boards, you were definitely missed! :high5: You are a star! The running must feel fantastic, keep it up chicky!!

Michelle~ I can only imagine that doing reconstruction in your house must get frustrating and anxious for it to be done. I don't think I'd have much patience for stuff like that. Crossing my fingers for you for a speedy process! :aprayer:

Jazlyn~ JUDDD has been amazing for me, lmk if you decide to give it a whirl! :D

Scale stayed the same today. I guess that's ok since it's been bouncing like a ping-pong for days now.. :rolleyes: I'm just glad not to see it go UP!

Hoping to get the exercise going this weekend...I need it! I was gonna start this morning but forgot that I was getting my hair colored. Covering the grey takes precedence :laugh: If time permits today I may try and squeeze in a short walk..that would probably be the smart thing to do,, huh? ;)

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay strong and remember your goals!! :)

nikkiluvslowcarb 01-11-2013 04:14 PM

Popping in to wish my girls a good weekend! I have to work but I'm gonna make the best of it. :)

Shelly congrats on the weight loss!

Thanks Dani, I missed y'all too!

Jazlyn 01-13-2013 09:47 AM

Now that I'm no longer snowed in and I think I'm pretty much over the flu from hell, I am going to go to the rec center tomorrow. Please send good vibes. I HAVE to get back into the habit again. I went faithfully for a year and never missed and now I go sporatically.

Good luck to everyone.