Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
Nice to see you Jaz. Does her town have a YMCA? When I first started doing body combat I hurt my knee pretty badly. I went to a few water classes, but really they didn't do much, I didn't like them. I did just go and swim laps and got a decent workout that way.

Amber-Yeah I never thought to look before on Youtube. Last night I did one it was like the second video that popped up, it was a hispanic girl doing her video for certification, if you happen to look, she states she is from Austin. Anyhoo, it was terrible. She had 0 rhythm, she really didn't know the routine (and I know this because I've done body combat so much I know what moves they are supposed to do, she was making things up) and she got lost quite a bit. I don't reccomend that one and I won't do it again. The one I did on Monday was further down, it said "Halloween Body Combat" and it was people from the Uk. It was decent enough. Most of the other ones I found were in Spanish, but the music is all the same, but the moves were really good and they did have rhythm, so I think I'll try one of those today.

So glad you stayed on plan. I think all my carb withdrawls are over.

Today I haven't eaten yet. I couldn't stop eating yesterday. I think I plan on having:
B-coffee, sweet n low
L-coffee, sweet n low, 2 hb eggs
D-I think I'll allow for, salad w/walden farms thousand island dressing and a tilapia fillet, and I have a huge bowl of soup (it's mostly broth) with some of Buttoni's dumplings.
S-maybe some celery and green beans w/ranch (made from a seasoning packet and a greek yogurt cup)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Doing ok here. Was battling alcohol cravings yesterday pretty badly, so I ended up snacking most of the night to keep my mouth busy, but didn't drink. So I'll take that as a win. I did not get to work out yesterday, though. I'm going to try to hit a Body Combat class at the gym today.

How is everyone else doing?
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2012
Good job Michelle!! Are you trying to completely abstain from drinking? I'm sure it's hard to give it up and give up carbs at the same time. I'm going to try to give up coffee this weekend cold turkey and I'm already worried about it. I can't drink it black and use way too much cream.

I'm doing good today. Had a few cream cheese muffins, some coffee w/ cream, and a bowl of soup. Dinner will likely be fried eggs and bacon. I've been wanting that. I've also decided that I will definitely start stillmans this weekend, on Sunday. I'm more excited about losing weight at this point than my coffee and cream and nuts.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber I am trying not to drink at all. It was the cause of my regain. I do have an issue with alcohol. It's hard because my "bf" (I say that like that because I'm really aggrevated with him ) also drinks and there is always alcohol in the house.

Give up coffee? That is crazy talk. Never. I have given up a lot but coffee. You will have to bury me with it. I had to teach myself to drink it black. It got a lot easier after I weaned myself slowly from sweetener.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #95
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Balancebydesign

Hi everyone. I'm Carol and I have 100 pounds to lose. I would like to do that by this time next year so I can go to my 40th class reunion. Ive never gone to any of my class reunions because Ive been too embarrassed because of my huge weight gain. No one would recognize me at 120 pounds heavier! I have been on the Trim Healthy Mammal plan for several months. I initially dropped 10 pounds so easily but find myself eating too much of the yummy low carbon recipes and not getting motivated to exercise. Have not seen doctor but am pretty sure I have fibromyalgia.
I love sweets and chocolate and have only just discovered Carbalose baking mix. I'm trying not to be discouraged about my stalled weight. With si much to lose its hard to imagine I'll ever get there. I am sick and tired of being FAT!
Can some of you who have lost a.lot of weight tell me about it so I can be encouraged that it can be done?
Balancebydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

It can be done. It takes time. You should stay away from things like carbalose until you get a huge portion of your weight off. Clean foods like meat/eggs/veggies. Read an atkins book. Get a feel for it. I started at 400lbs and got down to 204, I've gained just a bit back over the winter but I'm working to get it back off. You can see my progress pics if you click on my gallery.

Last edited by MsWoods; 04-04-2013 at 01:58 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Arriella
Stats: 258.2/ 201.5/180.8 (goal #3)
WOE: Atkins http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-lo
Hi..hope its okay if i jump into this thread...I used to do Atkins years ago and lost about 50 lbs..felt great too but had no support because my family...well my husband mostly was very against it. But yesterday i decided to start again and look here for someone to talk to about it..the picture is of me and one of my daughters..im the one in red as im sure you can tell...lol..im gonna start out trying to stay under 20 carbs a day and see if i can stay there throughout most of the year...I really havent been feeling great lately and have been depressed some too...hope you all are having a great day...I will post often on my progress and to see how everyone else is doing...glad im bnot in this alone..it helps to know you are here
Arriella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Arriella! Posting often helps keep me accountable so try to post often.

It's a one day at a time struggle, but those days add up and you'll see great results sooner than ya think.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Arriella and Balance!!

Ariella - Since you've done it before, you know you can do it again. And honestly, my DH wasn't skeptical at first about the health benefits of LC, but then LC helped me lower my blood pressure, and helped me conceive our only child. He saw my body get healthier and was sold. He is now a full supporter. I'd suggest you watch Fat Head with your husband. It's very easy to watch and even my husband liked it.

Balance - I can't lose eating those products. I can't even lose drinking atkins shakes. Trust me, I understand how hard it is to give them up. I'm drinking a shake right now actually. It's just another form of addiction. I've swaped sugar for "sugar-like products" and my body doesn't know the difference. You need to ditch it and do like Michelle said - eat lots of meat, eggs, veggies, and some cheese and cream. Read DANDR. It's a great book.

Michelle - Will your bf remove the alcohol from the house if you ask? I had to ask DH to keep some treats out of the house. I'm a major icecream-aholic. So he had to initialy only buy the stuff I disliked. I'm not tempted by cherry icecream so he had a lot of cherry nut icecream at first. Good job stopping by the way. It's a hard thing to give up.

If I could drink it black, I think I'd keep it in my life, but I use 2 packets of splenda and a bunch of cream per cup. It's not helping me and I think giving it up or keeping it as a weekend treat will be the best for now. Maybe I'll try drinking it black and see how it goes. I seem to do best when I make myself be super strict so I figure saying it's out for now will be the best option.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Hi...i too cant even imagine giving my coffee up...i am willing to give up everything else but i need my coffee...being a shift leader at Dunkin Donuts doesnt help...i drink my coffee with only cream and no sweetner..its hard being around all the donuts and other things all day but im okay as long as i can have my coffee...i drink three cups a day now which is much less than i was drinking. today is day four and I'm already feeling better..am gonna wait till Sunday to weigh....thank you ...and yes ive done it before so i know i can do it again..one day at a time. Tonight will be my first real challenge because we are going to the movies to see "OZ, the Great and Powerful".....What the movies usually means for me is an extra large (double buttered) popcorn..a lrg reg coke...and some kind of candy. Gonna do a small popcorn..water and no candy instead. Hope everyone is having a good day and feeling great about themselves
Old 04-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm Herr guys. Doing well. Still on plan and af. Just been busy. I'll try to post morr later. Sorry for typos I'm on my phone.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

down to 250.8 this morning...i know the first "loss" is usually water weight though..right?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

A loss is a loss Ariella. Take it and run with it! Great job.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
That is great Ariella!
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Ariella - WTG! I don't care if it's all water, I celebrate every single loss. WTG!! How was the movie?

Michelle - How are you doing?

I looked at the scale and was so disappointed. I've gained another 10 pounds over the past few weeks. It was a good reality check. I am happily starting stillmans this morning now.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/18/13
Michelle are you doing alternate fasting? Is that what AF is? I've been doing JUDDD for 8 days now, lost 10 pounds my first week, but I know it's gonna slow down.
My husband drinks beer, but he stays skinny. He also has ice cream and peanut m&M's without worry.
Welcome to you new guys, everyone have a great day!
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Ive never heard of stillmans...there are a lot more LC plans out there than i thought. I havent heard of judd either.

The movie was okay..I was expecting it to be just like the wizard of oz just more modern but it was a completly different story..it was nice to get out of the house though and do something fun.

Down to 248.6 today...it seems really nice because i think im into the losing fat instead of all water now...

been thinking about trying to do zero carb day every wednesday...have any of you ever done that before?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Arriella - Yeah, stillmans is basically as close to zero carb as it gets. So yes, I've definitely do that before. The only bad thing about it for you is that you just started and you're losing fast. Maybe wait and implement a zero carb Wed after the weight loss slows? You're on a roll now and I wouldn't want to tweak with success. Here's the quick info on JUDDD and Stillmans.

JUDDD - stands for Johnson Up Day Down Day - is a calorie cycling diet. It isn't low carb by default. The plan sets calories at maintenance levels (around 2200 for me) and then at fasting levels (under 500). So you cycle each day between the calorie levels. I've done it low carb before and it helped me speed up my losses.

Stillmans - low calorie, low carb, low fat. It's a very old plan and gets really fast results. It's just hard to sustain since it allows practically nothing. No dairy (except LF cottage cheese), no fatty meats, no veggies.

Good job, Shelly with the JUDDD. Are you doing it LC or just regular? I thought that Michelle meant AF as in aunt flow. But I could be guessing wrong.

I'm on day 2 of Stillmans. Super headachy today. Need a nap but can't get away with that at work. haha
Old 04-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

AF-alcohol free

sorry guys very busy with work but wanted to stop by.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

thank you for info on those programs and the advise on waiting until i try the no carb days...feeling really good this morning...I will write more later on today. I hope everyone is having a good day
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, alcohol free. Duh!!

Hope everyone is doing good. Been busy at work and am doing well with stillmans. Today is day 3 and I feel immesaurably better. Scale is starting to trend down again too. Only a billion more pounds to go to get back to last year's low.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Jumping back in here..sorry to have gone MIA!

Michelle, proud of you!

Amber, so happy to see you here friend!

All the other ladies, I hope you are doing well and enjoying the journey! I need to read back through the thread and catch up with you all!

I need this thread, need more accountability.

Have a wonderful day!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm here guys. Hopefully next week or this weekend I'll have time to post more but work has been so busy this week, I have hardly been in my office and haven't been getting home until really late so I just haven't had time to post.

Hope yall are doing well.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok guys, finally back in the office. For today anyways.

So my bf's 30th birthday was Friday. Sunday I had 3 pieces of cookie cake. It was delicious lol. Ive got my food cooked and told him all the bad stuff has to go now. So I'm back on it.

Will be having a lot of chicken legs this week because they are on sale and I'm broke lol.

Where is everyone?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

I'm here...my birthday is Friday..my parents are taking me and my husband out to a dinner and to a hotel for the night on the coast...a little worried about it being hard to stay on track this weekend but im gonna stay focused.....
Old 04-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm here and doing better than weeks past. I did drink last Saturday but that was it. It sucked. I of course got down more. But I'm going strong and feeling better. Knock on wood.

I got my thyroid medication straightened out, I know it will take time but I'm back on my original meds. I also started taking SAM-E again this morning. It might not have any real effect but in my mind it helps a lot.

I got a scale yesterday which is my key. If I don't weigh I cant see how much damage I've done. When I have one, I'm much more prone to losing weight. I'm determined to get back down to my "skinny" self lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

how do you set a "signature" i cant figure out how to do it..wanted to put a link to my journal in there and maybe a weight loss tracker? I havent even started to think about exercising yet... I do like to walk though.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm not sure if you have to have a certain number of posts or been a member for a certain time for your signature to open up, I know certain forums are like this. If yours is open, you click on User Control Panel, then Edit Signature.

Here is a picture of that exact screen with my signature profile. What you see when I post actually looks like this in the edit screen:

I use tickerfactory for my ticker. If you make your ticker and right click it at the end and save to your computer, you can upload it in the same edit screen. There is a button on the right side at the bottom that says add ticker (I think) and it will put the SIG PIC part in your signature.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

thank you for showing me...i think you must have to be a member longer because i dont have an "edit signature" yet...lol..guess that explains why i couldnt figure it out..ill just have to wait awhile..no worries..thank you
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Arriella - I want to say you need to be a member for a solid month and have 30 posts. So you'll have those privileges soon.

Hey Michelle. How's it going? Good job for getting a scale and facing the music. You'll be back to your low in no time.

I've been off track. Stress got to me and I dove over board. I don't know why because I do feel better eating LC. So frustrating. I think I'm going to restart Sunday.