Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I am so over this cold weather. It usually doesn't bother me until mid February. Luckily I have to go take care of my dad for 2 weeks. He lives on the Oregon coast. Not super warm but much warmer. I am going to try to walk or do something while I'm there. I haven't walked in a long time because of my knee but maybe I can handle it now.

Does anyone have the day off?
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm glad it finally warmed up a bit here Jazlyn. It's been miserable.

I'm not off. We only get off on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years day if we're not too busy. Oh well I'm not complaining. I get stir crazy sitting at home.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
I'm off today but only because I switched my days off. Just got home from the gym. I have to do laundry and clean out the car and truck. I'm gonna recruit my son to help.

My hubby is BBQing this evening so I will have grilled chicken and veggies for supper.

Last edited by nikkiluvslowcarb; 01-21-2013 at 09:41 AM..
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

My husband has been using my car. He went to pull my son out of a snowdrift ( my sons were messing around and tried to climb a snowdrift and it wasn't packed down and they drove right through it) and the chain came undone and went right through the back window of my husband's truck. We are waiting for the window to come in. Anyway I hope hubby gets home early so I can go to the grocery store. I want to make some mozzerella stuffed, bacon wrapped mushrooms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowbank.jpg (38.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shellyshebby
Stats: 260/202/180 5'9"
WOE: WW
Start Date: 10/18/13
Oh man, that sucks! I was born/grew up in Michigan, and massively snowy winters.
Now I live in Georgia and two inches causes a shutdown of schools and roads!
The mushrooms sound good.
Everybody have a good one!
shellyshebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone. And I MEAN morning. It's 3 am. lol

My birthday was on Tues. and I ate 3 pieces of cake. ::hangs head in shame:: I can't seem to get back on the wagon and now my daughter is up making cupcakes. I could smack her. lol
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Jazlyn. Trying is all we can do sometimes.

I'm still around just been going through a lot. I been sick and I have a bump on my neck so I'm stressed about that. I been on anti biotics for 2 weeks and they said it was a swollen lymph node from the infection but it's not going down, in fact I think it's getting bigger. So I'm going again to the doctor at 11:30. I can't take the stress right now.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

My wallet got stolen Monday. Yeserday when I went to open a new bank account they told me someone was trying to use my card. I called all my other cards and they said they have been trying to use those as well. I finally was able to get the police to come out and make a report and they are going to try to get video feeds from the gas stations this person has been trying to use my cards at. He also tried to take fingerprints (was not successful) from some of my things. I'm just happy he tried. That's all I was asking for.

I've still got it stuck in my head I'm done, no drinking I just can't. So today is day 3 for me. Why oh why, but I decided it would be a good idea to stop smoking at the same time. Today is day 1. I don't smoke cigarettes I smoke black n mild cigars. Just as bad I guess. Well since I been sick with this ear infection and had this lump on my neck, I've been terrified it's cancer. I'm going back to the Dr. at 11:30 just so they can reassure me it's a lymph node, however, this whole thing has scared me just enough to try to stop smoking.

So.......no alcohol..............no smoking...........no food because I'm bored...............what's life worth livin?

I will never. NEVER. Give up my coffee. You will have to pry it from my warm/cold dead hands. (Ya know, cuz coffee's warm) (I'm trying to stay in good spirits here with everything that's going on)
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Michelle, I sure hope that you get a good report from the doctor. Did they say how long it would be there if it is just a swollen lymph node?
I have had those before, not in my neck though. And they eventually did go back down.
You really have had some tough crap going on in your life lately. I think you're doing awesome to stick to your guns with the food, alcohol and smoking.
Hope karma strikes the jerk who stole your wallet, and quick.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Michelle, I'm saying prayers that you get a good report from the doctor. I'm so proud of you for staying away from the booze even with all you have going on right now. Hang in there my friend, you are strong and will get through this ruff patch. ((Big hugs))
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshebby View Post
Michelle, I sure hope that you get a good report from the doctor. Did they say how long it would be there if it is just a swollen lymph node?
I have had those before, not in my neck though. And they eventually did go back down.
You really have had some tough crap going on in your life lately. I think you're doing awesome to stick to your guns with the food, alcohol and smoking.
Hope karma strikes the jerk who stole your wallet, and quick.
So the doctor said I still had infection and she put me on a stronger anti-biotic and a steroid to help with the itching. They didn't say how long my lymph node should stay swollen but she poked and prodded a lot. It hurt a lot that day. It is getting smaller, I think. I'm trying not to mess with it. 1 of my ears is doing much better, the other one, I've scratched 1 time each day. I think it's from the stress. I'm so stressed out my neck has been hurting, along with my lymph node it's just like aaaaaaaaaaaack. My food has been all LC, but, I've been eating a lot, so I haven't lost any weight. I guess right now I'm picking my poison. I'm trying.

Thanks Nikki. I have managed to stay away from Alcohol. Today is day 7 AF. I also quit smoking last week. I was doing well until yesterday. Bf came home and said his radiator went out on his car and we got in a huge fight about not being able to trade it in, blah blah blah, and I just was stressed to the max. I lit 1 and took 2 puffs and it was so gross and made my mouth so gross I put it out. I know I'm done smoking for sure. I can't believe how much my taste buds have changed in just 6 days. It just seems like I can't catch a break.

This week I was going to have a little extra cash to decide what bill needed paid, then this happened with the radiator and that will be taking my whole check. It is what it is I can't controll anything. I just hope everything else on the car is ok. I'm so sick of fighting with him about this car.

Anyway, though, I'm still here. Plugging along. Haven't got to pay my gym membership so I haven't got to go.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle, sorry you are having such a rough time. Congratulations on being able to quit smoking. I smell smoke now and it gags me but I'm still puffing away on my e-cig. I need to stop. It just costs too much money.

My daughter made shortbread cookies yesterday. Another slip up for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

My mil quit smoking, she uses the e-cig now. Is it just as expensive as real cigarettes?
Michelle, hope your infection is doing 100% better and your lymph node too. It seems like you can't catch a break. Know what you mean with the money, every time we think we can maybe get something like tires (ours are balled) something comes along. I've got to order my dd's cap and gown, already way late on that.
I did lose 2 more pounds, just from wishing it I guess cause I've been kinda bad.
Crazy weather here in Georgia today, hopefully no tornados.
Take care everyone!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoods View Post

This week I was going to have a little extra cash to decide what bill needed paid, then this happened with the radiator and that will be taking my whole check. It is what it is I can't controll anything. I just hope everything else on the car is ok. I'm so sick of fighting with him about this car.
Ha. I still cannot catch a break. Two more things have been wrong with the car and we've been fighting non stop and I've had to now borrow money just to cover what they've fixed so far.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

We are getting over $4,000 back on our taxes and I have to spend every cent on a new furnace and a bill my husband still has on his business he sold a year ago. It is depressing. It would be nice to have a little savings for once.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Thank goodness you're getting the refund money, but man, wouldn't it be awesome to just be able to spend some of it! So sorry.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Shellyshebby, I think it costs more for me because I smoke a lot more. I used to hide smoking from my children so I could only do it during school. A pack of 5 filters costs $13.99 and filter is supposed to be comparable to a pack of cigarettes, I think. I am going through 5 filters every 2 or 3 days. bah
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Just hopping in to check on my ladies. Ive not been doing well still but Im back on and AF and trying. I want to get back to a decent weight before it starts getting hot. I really liked wearing skimpy shirts last summer

I'm supposed to (fingers crossed) get a settlement this week from the wreck I got into in October. Its not much but it will really help. Things have been financially terrible, not to mention my bf's car taking all our money to fix. We were finally able to trade it in last Thursday and it's a brand new 2013 Dodge Challenger, with all the warranties, so we don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm hoping I can at least get caught up on bills and maybe buy a $60 set of Body Combat DVDs. Maybe get my bathroom finished, although I'll have to pay someone to do it. Anyhoo, fingers crossed things are possibly going to get better.

Well, we have a Dr. appt in Lubbock today for bf's eyes. If all goes well we won't have to go back for 6 months. I miss yall. TTYL.

Last edited by MsWoods; 03-04-2013 at 07:29 AM..
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

I love the new car Michelle!

I had to go to Oregon for 2 weeks to take care of my dad after he had surgery so I've been MIA. My dad is such a good cook, I gained 8 lbs. I'm so mad at myself.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oct2667us
Stats: 290/290/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: re start 1/6/2014
hi all so how is every one doing? I been backon plan( well trying to be backon plan ) i had a cheet daysunday night and ate toco bell not a good move it made me sick but went right backon lc.
oct2667us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Hello everyone!

MsWoods - love the new car. Bet that's fun to drive.

I'm trying to recommit to get some of this re-gain off before summer. Feeling horrible in my own skin at the moment. Have been on track 2 weeks, but went off track for Easter. So back on today.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber-I feel ya. I feel exactly the same way. I want to get some of the regain off before summer as well. I was wearing a lot of skimpy clothes and it felt great. I didn't realize how great it felt at the time, but right now I wish I could fit in those clothes.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in forever.
Been down on myself, big time, wishing and wishing and wishing for something to just come around and make me skinny. Finally got around to kicking myself in the butt to start doing something myself.
So I've started JUDDD. Kept reading about it, thinking about it, and went for it. Just a few days into it now. Haven't weighed yet.
I really thought the dd would be hard, but not yet.
School's going to be out before I know it and I'll be at the beach with kiddos and I don't wanna be there in a mumu(?).
Michelle, that car is freakin awesome! I would lurve one of those.
Everyone take care, I'll let y'all know in a couple of weeks if/what I've lost on JUDDD.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad to see you Shelly!

I worked out last night for the first time in forever. Did body combat. My whole body hurts, but I'm so glad to kind of be back in the swing of things.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Shelly - Good job for doing something about it! I did JUDDD and LC combined last summer and the weight melted off. I need to restart that or something more serious than my LC diet as of late.

Michelle - Good job on the exercise. That's one good thing you do - exercise! I need to do it. Are you doing it at home or in a gym? Sounds like we have the same goal - to relose some of our regain. I'm up like 30 from my low from last year and those 30 feel like 100. I also miss my smaller clothes and want to be in onderland sometime this year.

So I think I'm either going to do LC and JUDDD starting this weekend or Stillmans. Both work well for me and I need something strict. When on regular LC, I don't lose. I eat too much in general.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber-I usually go to the gym and do Body Combat, but I just haven't felt up to it, so I went on Youtube and found some fully recorded classes and just did them on there. It was pretty much just as good as being at the gym, except not quite as much motivation but It was really close.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Awesome. I didn't even think to use Youtube to find classes. I have a 30 day shred tape that I need to try.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I just wasted $60 on some Body Combat DVD's that were not even the classes. They do sell them now, but I ended up getting some BS tone and blah blah blah. I don't have any more money to waste on it so I looked it up on youtube, and a few people have recorded and posted their entire 1 hour class session, so I just watched it and did the class with them. I'm very familiar with Body Combat so it was easy for me to follow along.

For people that have never done it before it may be a big tougher because some videos are showing the class working out and it doesn't specifically show "how" to do the moves, like when you are in the class, but there is 1 that was an instructor recording her teaching her first class, which was a requirement for her certification. I didn't do that one last night, but I will.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in. I've been MIA for a while. I really need to post to be accountable.

I've been going to the gym and I have a second session with a trainer today. She kicks my butt.

I'm a little bummed. I am going to see my mom for about 2 weeks and they don't have my gym in her town. I can't walk because of my knee. I don't know what sort of exercize I can do.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Jazlyn - What do you do at the gym? Weights? Maybe bring a set to your mom's house? Good job for getting to the gym. I so need to workout.

Michelle - That's so cool that people post those workouts. I'm going to look up the one with the how-tos in it so I can learn first. I've never done body combat. I hate wasting money on dvds that I never use or don't like. So frustrating.

So yesterday I felt like ***** - came crashing down mid-afternoon from sugar withdraws. It was enough to make me stay on plan that's for sure. I never want to feel like that again. It's awful, esp. when I'm at work and can't lay down and rest.

Today's menu:
B: coffee/shake; atkins egg bowl
L: coney island pie
S: cream cheese muffin
D: hotdogs w/ mustard