LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
It's Never Too Late For A Fresh Start

It's a new year--time to wipe the slate clean and start fresh! Whether you need a complete 'do over' or just need to 'refresh' a bit---all are welcome!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Thanks for starting a new thread Teresa. Let's do this thing.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcchimento
Stats: 261.8/238.0/140.0
WOE: Atkins '72 mostly with a sprinkle of DANDR
Start Date: NOW!!! Restart date: 1/12/2014
Marking my spot for a new start. Gained everything I had lost in the summer. New job and emotional eating took its toll. Looking for success on this new year.

The little one in the picture is my encouragement. My sweet little grandbaby!!!!!!

Last edited by mcchimento; 01-01-2013 at 05:57 AM..
mcchimento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stepinthyme
Stats: 289/???/190 - 5'-8"
WOE: Low Carb/Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Marking my spot for a new start. Gained everything I had lost in the summer. New job and emotional eating took its toll.
I'm right there with you...had some major changes in 2012 and gained back 26 pounds...but this is a new day, a new year, and we can do this!!
stepinthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome step and Cathy, glad to have you here.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Easily Amused

Gallery: FindingMyWay
I am restarting too.
FindingMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Thank you Teresa!!

Thanks Teresa for getting us started!! As much as I don't like the holiday season because I can't seem to handle it healthfully, I LOVE the New Year because it does give me optimism and a fresh start! Perfect title!! I'm obviously in!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Restart tomorrow. We had a Christmas today, I don't need to say more.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Happy New Year ,wishing a blessed and properous New Year to all of you.Now lets get these pounds down. Thanks for the new thread Teresa.I enjoyed New Years Eve 5 of our kids and all 11 grandkids were here with us to bring in the New Year and my 60th birthday.Yall i'm getting old,got to get at least 200 pounds off.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dang, I forgot to weigh myself this morning. Oh well, there is tomorrow. I have been avoiding the scale. Last I weighed I was 250. Christmas meal yesterday was ham, coleslaw and corn pudding along with brownies and pizza later for supper. Ritz crackers up the ying yang. So, today is the restart.
Oh, and back to work. It was nice having a couple of weeks off for Christmas break. We accepted a counter offer on a house so now we can begin packing.

B-Protein Shake Fat Flush style

L-Chicken and coleslaw

D TBD

Exercise - 20 minutes on tread and 20 minutes on cycle

Last edited by vli1127; 01-02-2013 at 04:57 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/280/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Happy and Healthy New Year to all! I need a complete "do over" and then some, unfortunately. Had a few too many grams of carbs yesterday (about 45) but it's much better than recently. Starting to feel better today. Joined a fitness club, did 15 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. Will try again the treadmill again today.
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Would like to mark my spot, I'm starting again in 2013. I tend to be really motivated in the beginning then stop. I need to stay motiviated the entire year and think visiting this website is the best way to do that.
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome Cathy, Step, Sally, Sk8 and 2f2f! So nice to have you along! Welcome back Judy, Winifred and Vicki! I really thought I might come here and be talking to myself again so I'm excited to see so many new and 'old' faces/names!

So what does a 'fresh start' look like for everyone? For me---this whole month (or more) is going to be getting back to the basics--not just eating, but everything. Eating, activity level, attitude, mood, etc. have just been horrible for the last few months. So I'm just trying to remember what was different when I was feeling really good--and starting those habits again. My biggest focus right now is I'm trying to put a stop to negative/depressing thinking.....which I think is my main problem. Not directly weight loss related--at least not in the typical sense---but I think until I get my 'head on right' about life in general it's not likely that I will make real strides on any goal.

Winifred---

Vicki---congrats on the new house!!

Well, back to work for me.

Last edited by Teresa123; 01-02-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post

So what does a 'fresh start' look like for everyone? For me---this whole month (or more) is going to be getting back to the basics--not just eating, but everything. Eating, activity level, attitude, mood, etc. have just been horrible for the last few months. So I'm just trying to remember what was different when I was feeling really good--and starting those habits again. My biggest focus right now is I'm trying to put a stop to negative/depressing thinking.....which I think is my main problem. Not directly weight loss related--at least not in the typical sense---but I think until I get my 'head on right' about life in general it's not likely that I will make real strides on any goal.
I ditto this.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/225.7/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Anyone mind if I join? I am in another thread in the century club but everyone has disspeared. I need all the support and posting I can get in to help keep me on track. I had got down to 204 this summer but am back up to about 250 so I really need to do this. I can't gain everything back I lost. I refuse. Alcohol is a huge issue for me. If I can stay away from alcohol I'm successful.

I look forward to getting to know everyone. I post my menus too, but I don't have one right now. I'm going grocery shopping today.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
OMG, talk about negative thinking~!

So, today was my fresh start date. I am wanting to take it to a higher level to Paleo instead of just LC.. and I told myself I was going to be STRICT doing a Whole30 for 30 days beginning today. Which means cutting out dairy, alcohol, legumes, all packaged/processed food, and all grains. Surely I can get a jump start on weight loss and health and do this for 30 days - right??? Uh, wrong.

I was busy all day... brought my own Paleo snacks to a get together this afternoon and did fine... got home a bit ago.. And my brain is totally rebelling about what I can't have! When it comes down to doing it I just don't WANT to give up wine and dairy! I am fine with giving up the carbage, but I don't want to give up some dairy (mostly cheese and HWC) and a glass of wine (or 2) in the evening. Of course I am reasoning with myself to determine which I want more - a healthy body and mind or the food/drink. The truth is I want it both.

I am just coming off of several weeks of stuffing myself with bad food and too much booze. It could be withdrawal, but whatever it is maybe I shouldn't try to do everything at one time. I think it always makes me feel better when I am not doing well to plan what I am going to do. When it is weeks or days away to begin the new WOE I am fine. When it's here as it is today I am totally freaking out!

Okay, so what I think I'll do is keep small amounts of dairy and just wine (no hard liquor) in my diet for a few days as I wean myself off the nasties I've been having in excess. I'll track my intake. I'll see how I feel after a few days and decide if I am really willing to go full Paleo.

Thanks for listening!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Michelle, I hear you. I don't drink so thank goodness that isn't a temptation. The sugars and carbs are bad enough. Sounds like you and are at about the same starting point.

Judy-I agree with weaning off. That is what happened today. OK, so i wasn't 100% perfect. But, a far cry from what it has been. Tomorrow we have meetings all day and a catered lunch. I will do my best at what is offered. Not wanting to take my food.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I weighed this morning and I don't like the # but, that will change as I adjust to this woe. See stats.

B-Fat flush protein shake

L-deli meat, cheese, veggies (I decided to take my lunch)

D-Ham, squash etc. Cleaning out fridge.

Burn & Firm video Karen Voight (50 min)
Old 01-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Vicki-yes the weight comes off pretty fast on LC, that's the positive light I'm sticking to today.

I did much better with food yesterday but not Alcohol. Sigh. Today is a new day.

I'm going to make my glucc pudding, I do the best when I have it around. I also got some Shiratake noodles finally and I'm going to get those ready and get some foods prepared.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

I also have a problem with dieting/feeling deprived. As soon as I start changing the way I eat - suddenly I think about food 24 hours a day. I just don't get it. Well, I made it through yesterday and am determined to make it through today.

B: Ham and cheese quiche
L: Shepard's Pie
D: Baked chicken with broccoli and cauliflour
S: Hard Salami and a pickle

I have not started exercise yet because I remember when I had done the WOE before that in the beginning stage - I felt tired, weak and had headaches in the first 3 or 4 days - so I'm waiting on that to pass then will incorporate exercise beginning on Sunday.

Good luch today ladies.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great day everyone!

Made it through day 2 yesterday. Wasn't quite prepared for dinner, worked late, so I had some green beans w/melted cheddar cheese. Had 2 glasses of dry white wine as well, not good, but at least I didn't binge out on carbs. I am doing a modified low-carb diet, under 30g, I ended up with about 25g, so I did OK. Planning to go to the gym tonight, walk 15 minutes on the treadmill.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I didn't eat the lunch I brought, it was too cold to go to the car and get it. I know, bad excuse. So, I ate the lunch provided, I won't go into details.

2f, your salami and pickle reminds me of pickle wraps, yum

sk8, 25g isn't bad at all. When I counted carbs when I lost a few years ago, I was between 50-75g.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
I wonder if I might join in....Putting the holiday behind and moving forward....
Thanks for starting this new thread Teresa...Getting several projects in order to keep me busy while I lose....New being home all the time so I am learning to adjust to being able to work on more things I enjoy... So now I am able to work on me also...I am ready...
Thanks again.....
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
to all that recently joined us.Hoping all of our goals for this year are met and that we will support each other through the plan we have chosen.I'll post later getting sleepy.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Happy Friday!! So nice to see all the new faces/names!

Michelle---of course we would love you to join in! I have seen you around the boards over the years and you have lost a phenomenal amount of weight!! Gaining 50 sucks, and as much as I hate large gains and having to deal with them, I do think it's all a natural part of this for those of us that had huge amounts to lose. And picking ourselves up and trying again and again until we get it under control is what will make us winners in the long run!

2f2f---o.m.g. I am so with you on that obsessive crazy deprived thinking when I try to change my eating. And if I get too restrictive--watch out cause my head takes that as permission to binge like a mad woman. There is such a delicate balance and how I think/talk to myself plays a big role but it is still so hard for me to find that balance once I get off balance. All we can do is keep trying because at some point we find it and things are then 'smooth sailing'....well, at least for a little while!

Judy---how did your night go after the negative thinking? The head is the biggest thing we have to conquer or figure out in this whole thing and that takes time and patience for sure! I keep asking for a lobotomy but since no one will give it to me I just keep limping through and trying to figure out how to get my head in line with my needs and not my wants--but it's a tough job for sure!

Vicki--how is the packing going?? Uggg, that so doesn't sound like fun...but a new house sounds very exciting so all worth it in the end!! As far as lunch the other day--like you said, often you just need to ease into it at first, no biggie. Next time you'll know to go get your lunch, cold or not. I think there are constantly lessons thrown at us and we make the choices we make, and learn whatever we need to from them for the next time. We are most definitely a work in progress!

Sk8---sounds like you did great! So does your user name mean that you skate or that your kids skate, or both? And what kind of skating? Just nosy---I love interesting user names....I apparently wasn't in a very creative mood when I came up with mine!

lady--yes, of course you are welcome, we would love to have you! Yes---time to focus on you, that's awesome and something we all need to find time to do no matter how busy we are. Somehow we always seem to put that last. Did you make the quilts in the picture?? I love them, especially the one on the left! I have several beautiful quilts that my grandma made for me over the years and I really treasure them.

Winifred--what are you doing up so early? I thought you were our night owl!!

Well, I came home last night, turned on the computer (which is still acting crazy and will need replaced soon) and at some point after went and laid on the couch and fell asleep! I never do that. Then at some point in the night---with lights still on, candle still lit, computer still on, etc. went and laid down in bed and ended up sleeping straight through until morning! Apparently I needed the sleep! I have today off because I signed up for an indoor community garage sale tomorrow and I needed to get all my stuff together and organized. But, I listened to my messages this morning and they ended up cancelling it. GRRRRR I still have plenty to do today but I'm a little annoyed they're not having the sale as I had a ton of stuff I was hoping to get rid of (I've become quite the couponer so I have lots of great stuff I would have been selling for cheap!) and I wanted to make some money to go towards a new computer. Oh well, I am still going to spend the day organizing some of this junk because right now my back bedroom looks a bit like one of those rooms on the hoarder shows!

Cathy, Step and Sally---how are you ladies doing?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

I roller skate, all of my kids do some form of skating as well.

Diane/Alexander are autistic and do Special Olympics roller skating and ice skating freestyle.

Edwin plays ice hockey
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa thank you for the encouraging words and good luck on your garage sale this weekend.

Yesterday was my 2nd day back on induction and I started suffering the "low carb flu" headache, tired, dizzy - it is still going on today - can't wait to have the energy I remember from doing this before.

I have been doing very well sticking to plan - but this is only the third day - the weekend is always the test.

Today's Menu:

B: Ham and cheese quiche
L: Tina's Mushroom Chicken (from Linda Sue's) w/green beans
D: Bacon, cheese burger wrapped in lettuce
S: Salami w/a pickle
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Teresa. I guess the most important part is not letting yourself gain all the weight back. It's an experience and a life journey and as long as I keep on going I know I'll be alright. Not giving up is the most important. You've lost a lot of weight too, Congrats! And I'm glad you got your sleep I bet you feel a ton better.

2f2f-What is your name? We're in 2 threads together and I don't like calling you 2f2f Your menu sounds so good today. I want to come to your house to eat.

I made Cheri's Southwestern Taco Soup last night for bf and put ground beef in it. It was so good. I couldn't add salt because he has high BP and we're trying to get that under control. It needed it but I put a little salsa in my bowl at the end and that gave it all the flavor it needed. Was really good. I'm going to try to keep my calories lower today, but I may have a bowl of soup for supper.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Thank you for the Welcomes..

No did not make the beautiful quilts in the picture but I am working on a couple now...I am new at this quilt making...I did make one for my 2yr old GS with the HotWheels theme and a pillow &2 pillow cases...I sewed him a Lg..Mickey Mouse soft blanket...So I am into the quilting mood...I do alot of projects....scrapbooking,greetingcards, canvas cross stitching and I love reading on my kindle fire....so I stay busy now.

Alabama Sunshine....Love that name..

Glad to meet everyone...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning ladies!

sk8---how cool is that, sounds like the whole family is into skating! I used to love roller skating and tried to take it back up a couple of summers ago--great exercise and so much fun. I LOVE watching ice skating but no matter how many times I've tried I can't---those darn skates kill my feet. I was told it's because I have a high instep or something like that but truly, I just don't think I was cut out for ice skating---so I just stick with watching it!

2f2f---hope it is just the 'induction flu' and that it quickly goes away! I was also going to ask about your screen name but then I was scared I already knew what it meant so I didn't ask!

Michelle---I love that taco soup! The other one on LS's site I love is the pumpkin sausage---used to make both of those all the time. I just made the taco one a couple of weeks ago, guess I'll make the pumpkin one next. I love soups and casseroles---all my protein, veggies, fat, etc. in one dish....I like easy!

lady--so you are our crafty one. I so wish I were, but I don't have it in me at all. I know it's a big stress reliever for a lot of people, for me crafts just stress me out! I do like looking at them though, and I love going to craft stores for some reason--though I never buy anything there.

Well, I'm gonna bite the bullet and just go buy a new computer...just what I need, more debt. But this one is nearly impossible to use and very unpredictable as to when I can actually get on the internet, and it's driving me crazy! Wish me luck in finding something decent and a good deal!

If I find something, I'll be back later. If not--well, it just depends on what mood this computer is in.