Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Finally the board is moving again.Yes I'm still here.Welcome back Teresa,hope things get better for you.I'm still working on staying on plan.Its nice here today 80 degrees,makes me feel like getting out driving around like we did saturday.I'll post more since we are here again.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Oh my gosh, just let me say how happy I am to see all of you!! I was afraid I would come back and it would be empty...I'm so glad it's not!!

Winifred---I'm so glad to see you! 80 degrees sounds wonderful! We hit 70 I think today and it was so nice. We're going to chill off quickly though and then it might even snow mid week! Gotta love that midwestern weather!! So did you have a nice Easter? Did all the kids and grands come over?

dipgal---yay! Glad you are back---glad we are all coming back! I can relate to a lot of your journal entry. You're right, we aren't going to be able to hate ourselves thin...or healthy...or happy. I am really working on the positive self talk....well actually I'm not quite that far, I'm just trying to cut myself off from all the negative stuff, but I have a long ways to go.

ak-laura---yes, we're alive again! So what kind of walking do you do? Outside, treadmill, gym? I went for my first walk tonight in a lonnnnng time. It was short, but it felt good to be outside and clear my head.

wyterayven---35 lbs since January is fantastic! You know what is even better though, seriously, is the 1/2 lb in the last 3 weeks. So often when we're struggling with hunger, portions, etc. and the scale isn't moving anyway it's so easy to give in and/or give up---or at least gain a few (or a few dozen!) but you're holding tight! In my book, that's pretty darn good!

Vicki--yep, you're back! And we're going to do this together! AND--this summer we really need to figure out a time to meet up. Farmer's Market or Whole Foods for lunch or something!

Well, I'm really working on getting it (whatever it is ) back together. Not that I haven't tried everyday for the last several months but I think I'm getting to the point where I can't stand feeling miserable anymore. My life is a disorganized mess at the moment so I'm really working on just...well, getting it all back on track, slowly but surely. Some days it all just seems like 'what's the point' but I'm fighting that.

5am comes early so I suppose I should go start getting ready for bed. Night all!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
I'm still here too! I haven't checked LCF in some time and was so happy to see all of you posting!

I just have a minute to post now but will check in tomorrow.

I look forward to catching up with everyone and getting back on track
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Judy thanks for the reminder that it's so important that we remember to love ourselves.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy in Louisiana View Post
Hi everybody,

Glad to be here. I've been on the Atkins for one month. Expecting to really lose weight because I have been really diligent on the plan. And you know what......Nada. Not one pound. My metabolism is dead. Must be...
Even gave up all but mostly meat/eggs. My count is around 5-10 grams daily.
I gave up all veggies, diet sodas and even my one Miller Light 2.6 g.

I do have diet jello with 2 T. HWC. And same cream with my morning cup of coffee. What else can I do to jumpstart this. It took 2 wks to hit Ketosis.
I will say that I have lost about 1 dress size. So something is right. I want this to be a lifestyle change and intend to stick with this forever. Ha.

Got any suggestions? Thanks to all.
The only thing I see that might be a prob is the diet jello. I don't know what the sweetner is, but I do know that some folks can't handle the artificial sweetners. They work for some peeps, but not for others. I am going to try the recipe for the peach coconut cake. I love all the ingredients, and no added sugar. Sounds lovely. Thanks Sarah!

Last edited by Patience; 04-09-2013 at 06:02 AM..
Old 04-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Liz (insert lots of hugs here! I'm in Safe Mode on my computer right now and can't access some of the smilies ) how ARE you?? Glad to see you back! Now, where are Raven and Sarah? I think there were probably some other new folks too, just need to go back and actually read everything but I haven't had the energy...yet.

Hi Bella!

Well, I would love to say that today was a success, but it wasn't. But I'm trying not to let that get me down. Day 3 always seems to be my downfall. I always thought it was just with lower carb because by day 3 I was well into ketosis and feeling crappy (ketosis does not give me any of the perks) but I'm finding that day 3 even eating high carb and/or maintenance is also a disaster for me, at least for the last several months...don't know why. But I'll just keep going and eventually I will make it to 4 'good' days in a row--right?!

Exhausted today. As soon as my laundry is out of the dryer, I am sooo heading for bed! Night.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Yes you will, Teresa.
Have a good rest and some nice dreams.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #248
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
It is nice to see everyone dropping by. The right side od my face us hurting, the jaw area. I thought it was a toothache, went to the dentist yesterday, he coukdn't find anything, so I pointed to the tooth that I thiught was causing the problem and he did molar root canal. He told me not to chew on the right side for a week and take motrin for the swelling. But I am supposed to have surgery in two weeks and can't have aspirin or ibuprofen after today. Surgery is for neck and face lift. Jaw still hurts. I am starting to think God is sending me a message not to get the surgery. Maybe it is TMJ. I can't chew so yesterday, I put my veggies throught the blender with some uogurt and made a dip-like substance so I wouldn't have to chew, then had yogurt and pumplin. This morning I am doing smoothie for breakfast. I have to call the surgeon's office and let him know. So he can decide what is best. Maybe I will get the arms and breasts done instead of the neck and face. I am disappointed as I was saving up for seven years. Say a prayer it all works out to God's plan.

Blenderizing is hard to do for a meat and veggie eater on low carb. I love my salads. Today I am going to try to take the salad ingredients and turn them into a drink so I won't have to chew but will still get the veggies.

Weight is down to 156.6 even thiugh I am eating same amount of food just in a different texture.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
I'm Here! I'm Here! It's good to see everyone popping back on and catching up. Spring is here and WE CAN DO THIS!

I'm still hovering around the same weight....went off plan for my Anniversary (March 15) for a weekend and I'm just NOW getting back down to my lower weight. I've also noticed that when I go "off plan" for more than a couple of days I have horrid night sweats at night....I'm getting to be around that age so it's normal. I don't have them when I stay low carb.....seems rather strange but gives me more incentive to stay on plan!

I've started walking again and I'm doing alot of working in the yard. I dug up 14 Azalea bushes this weekend and then replanted them somewhere else on the property....plus I moved wood and raked leaves and cleaned out some of the flower beds.

I'm STILL waiting for insurance approval on the breast reduction.....I saw the doctor on Jan 22 but he just submitted the paperwork to my insurance company on March 28th. I was hoping to have already had the surgery by now and be recovering. Oh well, it'll happen when it happens.

I have a new favorite breakfast "cereal" - Flax and Chia seeds made into a hot cereal similar to Wheatena....I've been putting raisins and walnuts in it and it's awesome.
RavenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

I am receptive to "messages" too, MM, but sometimes read a bit too much into some.
Not saying you are doing so, and second thoughts are not always a bad thing. Still, I think it is wise to check in with the dr. They won't risk your health and the worst that could happen would be a delay, it seems. You've been patient so far . . . hang in there. Send you hugs this morning.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/254.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Hi all! Had a little blip yesterday but back at it today! It good to see everyone with a fresh attitude. We deserve to take the best possible care of ourselves!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies! Well, today was not a successful day eating/health wise, but I'm not giving up! I know where I went wrong and trying to get myself prepared for tomorrow so I don't end up starving again by the time I get home.

Bella---I did have a great sleep! Unfortunately that happens when I eat a lot of crappy food. But the sleep was nice and needed.

Mary---nice to meet you! I agree, trust your surgeon to help you come up with the right decision. I know it would be a bummer to have to put this off a few weeks, there's lots of mental preparing as well as time off work and/or rearranging your life prior to surgery and having to re-do all of that is a pain...but trust it will all work out the way it's supposed to!

Raven--ugggg, how frustrating that they just got your paperwork sent in! It would have been nice to have that done and the healing well underway before summer hits. However, these things always do seem to turn out the way they are supposed to in the long run--hang in there!

Judy---wish my 'blips' were little! OK---so what is a Dip Mix business?

Well, my 2 furry children are driving me crazy and crawling all over me---think that's a sign they need some attention. Have a good night all!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Liz (insert lots of hugs here! I'm in Safe Mode on my computer right now and can't access some of the smilies ) how ARE you?? Glad to see you back! Now, where are Raven and Sarah? I think there were probably some other new folks too, just need to go back and actually read everything but I haven't had the energy...yet.

Hi Bella!

Well, I would love to say that today was a success, but it wasn't. But I'm trying not to let that get me down. Day 3 always seems to be my downfall. I always thought it was just with lower carb because by day 3 I was well into ketosis and feeling crappy (ketosis does not give me any of the perks) but I'm finding that day 3 even eating high carb and/or maintenance is also a disaster for me, at least for the last several months...don't know why. But I'll just keep going and eventually I will make it to 4 'good' days in a row--right?!

Exhausted today. As soon as my laundry is out of the dryer, I am sooo heading for bed! Night.

TERESA....I am so glad to see you posting!

I'm doing really well, thanks. I've had a few good months and have lost enough weight that people are commenting. It feels good to get back into my "old" clothes.

The past week or so I've been losing my grip on my mojo. It is a very slippery slope for me. Once I start back to eating junky foods I start to want them more and more.

I came here hoping that some of you were still posting!

I need to get back on track and finish losing this weight!

How is everyone doing???
Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Hi all! Had a little blip yesterday but back at it today! It good to see everyone with a fresh attitude. We deserve to take the best possible care of ourselves!
Great attitude! We all do deserve to take the best possible care of ourselves. Also, I think we all deserve to be kind to ourselves and be more forgiving when we have little blips or slips. I tend to beat myself up and get into a "blew it all anyway" mentality which turns a small slip into a massive slide.

Quote:
Hey ladies! Well, today was not a successful day eating/health wise, but I'm not giving up! I know where I went wrong and trying to get myself prepared for tomorrow so I don't end up starving again by the time I get home.
Maybe today wasn't a successful day eating/health wise BUT you are back to posting AND you are back to getting into the mindset of planning and preparing for a better day tomorrow! I would call that a success
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Liz! So where did everyone else go? Congrats on the weight loss! So what exactly are you doing to lose weight these days?

Nothing new here. Decided today that the rest of the week is all about not thinking about what I'm eating...if that makes sense?! I keep ending up binging when I focus too much on it so I'm just avoiding my binge trigger foods and eating what I please. Will I lose any weight this way---ummm, no! But right now I don't care, just need to find some sanity. So by my new measure of success---no binging---today was a good day!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ak_laura
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 02/23/2013
Quote:
Hey Liz! So where did everyone else go? just need to find some sanity. So by my new measure of success---no binging---today was a good day!
I'm the same boat as you! I'm driving myself nuts! I like your measure of success and I think I will use that as a measure this weekend. Here's to one foot in front of the other!
ak_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Hey Liz! So where did everyone else go? ?
I'm still here I've just been playing so much outside I've not been on the computer much. With all the rain we're getting today my garden is going to be spectacular in a couple of weeks when everything really takes off in growth.

I really try to take my food choices as a one day at a time approach.....some days I make better choices than others. I'm human and I have good days and bad days. I consider myself a success when I have more good days than bad days in a month. I tell people it's "easy" to lose the weight....you've got a goal firmly fixed in your head. The hard part is to continue to keep it off...realizing and coming to terms with the fact that it's for the "rest of your life"....that's a LONG time stretched out before you to worry about! It can make you slightly crazy at times if you think about it.

Anybody got any plans for the weekend? It's supposed to be cooler here in PA this weekend and I'm thinking a trip to the garden center is in order....I want more pots to plant stuff in and my husband and I have to string fishing line around the property to see if we can keep the hoard of deer from eating everything in sight! One of our neighbors feeds them so they walk through our back yard two to four times a day and then decide to have a "salad" with all the corn the neighbor gave them. I have several plants I'm going to have to move to protect this year. They never bother my lavender so I might have to plant more of that.
RavenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/254.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
I to am driving myself nuts and obsessing.. I am so tired of beating myself up for failing and starting again on Monday and then beating myself up because I am not perfect....and so the snowball continues.

I am going to practice the "Mindful Eating" approach with a low carb twist. I am not going to count carbs, but I am going to keep away from sugar and most carbs as much as possible. If I am out socializing and want a few drinks, or crackers or bread because there is nothing else to have I am going to have it and not worry about it. I am going to keep away from the sweets though!

I am going to move my body in the swimming pool because it feels good and it's good for me, not because I want to burn fat.

I am going to do little things to treat myself, like going over to the lake near my house and sitting on a bench and just enjoying nature. What a concept- doing nothing!

I am going to look for an art class and just get to know my creative side.

I was having a wonderful evening with great girlfriends last night (we are all in our mid-50's), and one of them said "the rest of my life is going to be the best of my life". What a wonderful motto! I think I am going to steal it from her. I wish the same for all of you!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Judy - aka Dipgal! What a wonderful post to wake up to this morning! I am with you, as I'm sure many of us are about "driving myself nuts and obsessing..." and I can so relate with "being tired of beating myself up"!!

I love your new attitude!! And you and your friend may be on to something with "the rest of my life is going to be the best of my life." It is positive and life-affirming! We are not here to "diet" but to live the best of our life!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi.good to see everyone still posting.Mary congrats on your weight loss its amazing.Hope you feel better.Teresa I was reading your post and you said sometimes you it seems whats the point don't feel like that you have come along way and your life is so worthwhile.Enjoy your weekend everyone.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wyterayven
Stats: 275.8/222.8/175 6 feet tall
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Start over date: Jan 01, 2013
Hi all,

Just checking in.

Its been a long week at work, and I am so glad it is Friday. I cant wait for the long weekend in May. First holiday we get since January and I am feeling it.

Had a small loss this week, and I am happy about that. Just wish it was faster. I know what I have to do to make it faster, but I just end up starving then...still a little hungry and not really satisfied. But I think that is my mental issue with food. I am wanting to binge, but so far I have been successful and not doing it.

Does anyone know of a bath scale that goes out to two or more decimal points? The only ones I have been able to find just go out the standard 1 place.

Hope everyone has had a great week!

Last edited by wyterayven; 04-12-2013 at 07:45 PM..
wyterayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #262
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone, I went to the clinic and the nurse practitioner checked out my jaw and concludedit is TMJ. She checked with the doctor on call. It is what I suspected. I can it can flair up which is what happened last weekend. I have been putting my food into the blender all week. Today I experimented with putting the salad, cooked veggie, meatloaf and sausage together with some salsa, tahini sauce and dressing. Sounds crazy but it tasted good.

Surgery on the 24th is still a go. Happy it is Friday. Have to do the taxes this weekend. Yeh! I am one of thise people this year who waited until the last minute. But last year it only took a couple hours. Each year I say it will be different this year. But it isn't .

I would love to declutter some of the junk in the basement. Hiw do you start?

Food is good even though it is mush. I love my Greek yogurt and pumpkin. So enjoy your weekend and sunshine!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Saturday everyone! Sun is shining here but very chilly...supposed to get in the 60's tomorrow but then back to the low 40's again all next week.

Laura---so how is it going for you this weekend? I already bombed last night....sigh. But renewed hope today and I just keep plugging along. Seriously considering going back to fairly low carb, at least for a bit, to see if I can get my head on straight!

Raven---I really wish I could look at food/eating the same way. I try and sometimes I can, but once I'm off track my head just goes to extremes, and everything is either good or bad. I have a pretty broad definition of what is 'good' but once I cross that boundary I'm out of control. I keep trying to work on that but I'm not making much progress. Hope you find some cool stuff at the garden center!

Judy--
Quote:
I to am driving myself nuts and obsessing.. I am so tired of beating myself up for failing and starting again on Monday and then beating myself up because I am not perfect....and so the snowball continues.
I can sooooo relate! I don't know how to turn my head off once it gets going. I keep asking for a lobotomy but no one will give me one. Hang in there, there's something we are supposed to learn from this...although for the life of me I don't know what it is. But I guess if we keep 'listening' we will get it eventually.

Winifred---thanks (HUGS--can't access that darn smiley!) I hope you have a great weekend as well!

Dawn---yay on the loss! If I've learned anything, I've learned that for me trying to hurry the process just ends up blowing up in my face. I say take the slow losses and be happy with them--you will get there! As far as the scale, I'm not sure. Maybe check on line? Seems like the 2 or more decimals is common with scales in other countries...I say that because I see people from Europe or Austalia, etc. saying they weigh 240.76 or something like that---however that may just be their conversion from stones or whatever to lbs--so that might not even be their scales. I'm guessing you are thinking that even seeing fractions of lbs would be motivational? If that's the case, maybe get a good scale that measures water, fat, muscle, etc. Although not 100% accurate that might give you a better idea of what is really going on with your body. Then again....clothing is always a good measure!

Mary---yay on your surgery date! I'm going to have to admit that pureed food sounds gross to me but I'm glad it's working for you! I haven't done my taxes yet either...I always owe so I put it off until the last minute so I don't have to be depressed all month about how much I'm going to have to pay!

I think I'm finally going to have to bite the bullet and get a new computer this weekend...not a good time with taxes due, guess that's what credit cards are for. I have nursed this one along for months but I'm tired of dealing with the unpredictablity of it and since playing around on the computer is one of my 'hobbies' I think I will treat myself to something that won't be a constant aggravation!

Planning out a low carb menu for the week as we speak. It's been a long time since I seriously counted carbs....I always consider carbs and look at the type and quality of carbs I'm eating (except when binging of course) but I feel like I've tried everything else to get myself back on track and nothing is working---so time to go back to my roots. Be prepared to listen to me whine about not sleeping and feeling weird/wired and exhausted all the time. But in a week or two (assuming of course that I can stay on track that long ) I will considerably up the carbs...unless this goes well, then I will happily go with it!

So since several of us are struggling, can anyone think of anything we can do to help keep us all focused? I'm game for whatever...posting menus, weigh in's, tracking water....even exercise goals which is big cause I am not a big exerciser! Anyway, any ideas would be very welcome and I'm up for trying about anything right now.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Been going through some issues with the "new" house we moved in to. The sellers were not honest with the disclosures. My 99 year old grandfather also died early this morning after falling last Friday night and breaking his neck. So, needless to say, food has not been top priority.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather.
Yes, death does sort our priorities.
Take care. Sending you a hug (can't find the emoticon when I need it).
Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wyterayven
Stats: 275.8/222.8/175 6 feet tall
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Start over date: Jan 01, 2013
Teresa,

Ouch...its hard to need something when the timing isnt right. Computer have come down dramatically in price though, so unless you are needing something specific, you can probably find one for not too bad a price.

For me the scale would be more motivational..being able to see the small movements. Waiting for changes in clothes doesnt really work for me, first, I dont have any new clothes and everything is already loose. I only have jeans and tshirts. And its not immediate enough. lol

Oh! and the scale moved again today another pound. Woohoo. I guess the coconut butter isnt hampering too much...but it does slow things down.

As far as staying focused...for me its very difficult. My menu is very boring right now, because if I try to make something different, I loose control and over eat. At some point I am going to have to deal with my portion control and self control problems...but this is working for me for now.

I did just purchase two books with low car recipes. One is a book with recipes that are supposed to take 15 minutes or less and one is just a low carb book. I am hoping to be able to use them when I am either closer to my goal or on maintenance to help keep the weight off.
wyterayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

Vicki, so sorry to hear your grandfather passed away. Orayers for you and your famiky.

What I really found helpful is to write down what I am going to eat for the day in the morning. I commit it to someone else like a thread on here. I tell myself there is always one more meal coming so if my breakfast is not the best cooking, I can regroup for the next meal. I don't arbitrarily change my meal plan for the day without a good reason, ie.e hubby ate it or the food went bad. I accept I have an allergy to sugar and grains and the end product of them (alcohol). I will never be a normal eater with these foods. I stick to real veggies, meat, fats and fruit. I weigh my portions so I eat enough but not too much each day. i don't snack. I prepare my food usually ahead of time so it is easy to throw together. I try to get at least 5-6 hours sleep a night. I journal to get my crazy thoughts down on electronic paper and take 10-15 min quiet time a day, sometimes twice a day. I make myself and my health a priority. I try to walk at least 5000 steps a day. This sickness of overeating food will kill me. It is easier to stay on plan than to get on plan, so once I get there I guard my plan as sacred. I had a serious binge in 2011 and it was a reminder how hard it is to get back and how easily I put on weight when eating the sugar and grains. Today I try to keep my food in one hand and my life in another. Don't clap. I heard that saying a long time ago. It helps and I hope these ideas help you.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #268
Junior LCF Member

Teresa I am doing good mentally I wasn't low carb last night but I wasn't overboard carb either so today I woke up feeling pretty good. I notice when I overdose on carbs I wake up feeling like I got the flu or like I'm coming down with a cold, ugh.

So far today I've stuck to it. Judy's words about "the rest of your life is the best of your life" has stuck with me all day. I do want the rest of my life to be the best of my life and I just got to keep telling myself that when I want to go on a carb overdose.

Here's to all of us living the best of our lives!

Old 04-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everybody!

MARY.....thanks for sharing such words of wisdom.
I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

When I declutter I will bring several large garbage bags and/or totes to the area. One bag is for trash, one is for things with value that I might donate or keep, and one is for things I definitely want to keep. I find it easy to sort into those catagories. Throwing out a bag of trash feels good and makes a dent. If I still have time and energy to continue I then organize the definitely keep pile and put those items up. Lastly, I will go through the pile that has value but I"m not sure if I really want it. I try to think if I've used it in the last year or anticipate really needing it in the next year. If not, it goes into a donation box. I will sometimes break this process into several steps/attempts. Instead of trying to tackle a seemingly overwhelming task all at once I break it into smaller, more easily achievable goals.

Sorry if your question what rhetorical

wyterayven....congrats on the loss! Which low carb cookbooks did you purchase?

VICKI...I'm SO sorry for your loss!!!

TERESA....I'm sorry you're having to get a new computer. I hope you get a good deal.

WTG for planning out your foods.
I'm up for posting weigh in's. Maybe weekly? I would share my menu daily with you but it would put everyone to sleep. Seriously boring and very similar.
B: coffee with almond milk
L: huge salad with moderate protein and tbsp fat (all the raw veggies I want), greek yogurt with 4oz berries
D: serving protein, unlimited veggies/salad, tbsp fat, greek yogurt & berries

I've been doing this for a few months and have lost over 25lbs. I've had several meals completely off plan (party or going out to eat) and I've had many days that weren't perfect. But I keep getting back to the menu (above) that works well (keeps my hunger in check and helps me slowly lose).

Please consider posting your menu! You always make tasty sounding food and it might give us some ideas. Also it will help you be accountable

You did this before and you CAN do it again.

JUDY....I enjoy reading your posts and your positive ideas to care for yourself

WINIFRED..... I hope you are feeling well. It's nice to see you posting

RAVEN....I think I'll also be working in the yard tomorrow. The weather is GORGEOUS! I love this time of year.
What do you plan to plant?
I need to get some sort of pretty flowers for a big pot outside.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #270
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Liz, the question on decluttering was not rhetorical. I am having a hard time letting go of stuff, and keep thinking, I am going to have the yard sale that never happens. My DH loves yard sales and continues to collect coffee mugs, platters, etc. I told him no more coffee mugs. His clutter is spreading.

Today I tackle last year's mail to sort and throw out. I am doing taxes today, no matter what. That is my committment to you all.

I crunbled cooked bacon in the blender and put it on an egg. The chewing is better.