Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
Wow Teresa. That is awesome. Thank you for the welcome.

I am down another pound today. I wanted to eat again after dinner last night but I just kept thinking about the scale today.

My husband recently learned he has diabetes so no more junk food in the house. That has been helping all of us.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Happy Friday to EVERYONE! Let's stay strong and stay on plan. I don't know about y'all but the weekends are the hardest for me. But I'm determined!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

I was going to go grocery shopping this morning but there is soooo much snow. I'll have to be creative in doing lc today. I have some bacon, 2 eggs, and some cheese. I wonder what I can make for dinner out of that. lol

I do have some spaghetti sauce. I guess I could use it and make a cheese crust pizza. It's my 13 yo's first night cooking dinner and I planned to have him make that anyway. I'll just do bacon instead of pepperoni. The snow has no signs of letting up.

Weekends are hardest for me too, Monica. We can do it.

Last edited by Jazlyn; 01-11-2013 at 07:47 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hi everybody!

My name is Liz. I've posted with some of the ladies in another thread.

It's great to see some new ladies posting!

I reached my goal weight a couple of years ago. I gradually starting regaining and ended up putting 35lbs back on. It is SO frustrating & scary how quickly and easily I can regain weight! Especially when I stop weighing and bring out the stretchy pants.

I've been on plan now since December and have lost 15lbs. I've got 20lbs to get back to goal.

JAZLYN.... CONGRATS on losing another pound! You're doing great! WTG for not eating after dinner and keeping your eye on the prize (scale).

MONICA.... I like your positive & supportive attitude! When I get a positive mindset and feel determined it makes staying on plan (or most anything) easier.

TERESA....I hope your day at work went ok. Are you off for the weekend? Did you get a new computer?

WINIFRED.... I hope you're doing well.

VICKI.... CONGRATS on selling your house and getting a new one! That is fantastic! My house is now under contract to be sold. We're waiting on a home inspection and appraisal.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Liz, congrats. We are waiting on appraisals and results also. No inspection on either end though, only home warranty. I am getting butterflies in my stomach because I hope we didn't bite off more than we can chew. We had to change from 10% down to 5% down so we could have enough $$ for appliances. I had more payoff than I thought and by the time all of the stinking fees come out there wasn't as much left over as I expected.

16 lb turkey is in the oven and berry rhubarb crisp made (LC beowolf's recipe). Clearing freezer space for 1/4 beef.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sarahjw
Stats: 250+/227/140
WOE: Schwarzbein Principle
Hi all,
Thought i had better join a place like this so that I can stop driving my bf mad with my diet chatter!
Started a low carb plan (Schwarzbein Principle) on the 2nd Jan and tbh didn't think i would be able to stick it but I'm amazed at how i feel now. I used to binge really heavily and it was always on carbs and now I have no cravings at all and don't even think about food in the same way as i did.
Call me crazy but i went cold turkey on everything (no caffeine, no sweeteners, no refined carbs) and amazingly survived the first week (but my gosh it was painful!) and now it just feels natural. As a serial dieter before, I have never been able to not cheat but it's now the 11th day and I still haven't cheated! Like i said, all my cravings have miraculously gone, like i have been set free!
I even eat green food now (I used to have almost a phobia of green veg!) which is so weird for me! Bf thinks i have had a personality transplant!

But anyway, as great as it all feels right now, im sure i will be needing help when things go wrong so here i am Hi all!
sarahjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning and happy Saturday! I'm at the office.

Sarah---welcome! I'm pretty sure I read and probably even tried the Schwarzbein Principal but I can't remember much about it, need to look that up! I'm glad you have found the right plan for you!! Amazing quitting all of that stuff cold turkey!! Please do hang out with us---lots of diet/health chatter and support here!

Monica---I do have some pictures posted around here somewhere, I'll try to find them. Like Liz I too have been to goal (but didn't realize it at the time ) and now keep inching my way back up. Maintenance is hard!!!

Jazlyn--I'm sorry about your husbands diabetes dx, that stinks. But you know how to low carb and that's the best solution for it I believe! Bummer on the snow (unless of course you like it! ) we're finally getting rid of all of ours however it is dramatically cooling off today so I suspect we will be in for another round of it soon.

Liz--- Yep, got a new computer but still haven't set it up yet. I've been messing with the other one and seem to have temporarily 'fixed' it. It still has a lot of 'bugs' but I think it might get me through for a bit so I'm going to take the other one back. I want to start watching for some sales and wait until I get my bonus in March to buy one.

Vicki---omg, I love rhubarb crisp---but no berries (I know, I'm an oddball on that one ). Is that recipe on this site or is that from a blog or something?

My eating continues to suck. I can't seem to get my head on straight but I'm not giving up. TOM is about 2 weeks late and I know that my hormones are way off so that is contributing to the problem but regardless, I need to get a grip! So please keep posting about how great you are doing (as well as any struggles of course!) because I need that motivation right now!!!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #68
Junior LCF Member

Good luck today Teresa, you can do it!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi,2f2f,Jazlyn,Sarah,Teresa,Liz,Capecod,Dipgal,Mon ica,Vicki and I hope I said Hi to everyone if not I'm saying hi.Teresa we all have days off days,just hang in there.Vicki the turkey sounds good.I love turkey leftovers.Sarah.I haven't been on in a couple of days,my back is hurting.Its been two weeks now I'm sure its arthiritis,my monthly doc appt is weds.But i'm going to church tomorrow as planned we rented a wheelchair so don't have to walk and i went and picked up some food today,so after church we will cook chicken tenderloin and make jello.I'm gonna try to make a egg,cheese,sausage with green peppers and mushrooms crockpot dish for breakfast.I also got some strip steaks and deli ham.I'm on my way to stocking up my mini fridge.Have a blessed Sunday.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Don't give up Teresa. You will get your mojo back.

Thank you for the welcome, Winifred. Your crockpot dish sounds really good. I'm sorry you are having problems with your back. If my back hurts at all, I'm a big baby.

After being snowed in for 2 days, my husband finally took the snowblower to the driveway and I was able to get some groceries. On Friday night the family ordered Chinese and I got sushi. Then I felt guilty. I hate that. But now I have food in the house and should be good.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning everyone!

I'm still on plan and the scale is rewarding me. I'm so happy to be in a new weight "decade".

I feel like this time I am mentally prepared to lose weight. I've struggled for YEARS this time to get back my mojo. I wish I could share it with anyone that is struggling Too bad it isn't contagious like the flu.

WINIFRED...I'm sorry you're having back pain. Your food sounds tasty. Great job on planning.

SARAH...We love diet chatter! I hope to see you posting more. BRAVO on going cold turkey and for getting free of cravings! That is fantastic! Adding in greens is always a good thing.

TERESA.... I'm glad you were able to fix your old computer.

Hormones can be tough. Have you considered getting your levels checked? would you consider hormone replacement therapy (natural) if needed?

Are you taking aminos?

Are you taking time to prepare tasty on-plan food? Have you tried any new recipes lately?
You seem to do really well when you have tasty, healthy food available. Are you having problems with getting motivated to plan and prepare foods?

Sorry for all of the questions. Consider them rhetorical and "food for thought" if you don't feel like responding.

JAZLYN.... Snowed in for 2 days? Yikes! Sorry to hear you have to deal with that. I'm a southern gal who has seen snow maybe 7 times in my life.
I'm glad you were able to get groceries.

Ordering chinese can make it tough to stay on plan. I love sushi. Do you also like sashimi? That is low carb but not a lot of food and a bit $$$. Some chinese places will do a steamed veggie and meat dish that would be on plan. I tell them no sauce because the sauces are full of sugar. You can add soy sauce.

One meal of sushi will not derail you. You are on the right track and you are set up (with groceries) to have a good week!

VICKI....closing costs & real estate fees can be a beast. I hope you're able to get the applicance that you want.
Your turkey sounds delish.
YAY for the 1/4 beef! Is it free range grass fed beef?
I hope you got a good deal.
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/247.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
A quick hi to my challenger friends! A big "you can do it" if you are struggling and a YAY if you are doing well. I had great days and average days since I last weighed last Monday. I'll weigh tomorrow to see if it was good enough to lose anything.

I'm trying to spend less time on my forums and Facebook so that I can get some things done! Sorry for the short post!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joe_anne2
Stats: 340/309/175
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: January 12, 2013
New Me

Hi ladies, I am just starting AGAIN, but being diligent in counting carbs this time. My diabetes is what got me going this time, although checkups are in a couple of weeks I do see a difference in the two days I started.
I need to lose weight but getting the blood sugars down is most important to me now. Also with all the new apps on my Iphone it is a lot easier to keep watch on what I eat.
Glad to be a part of LC with you all. Best wishes on a successful New Year.

Last edited by joe_anne2; 01-13-2013 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: spelling
joe_anne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/247.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Welcome Joe Anne!!! We are glad to have you!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Joe Anne good for you starting again.Glad you joined us.Dipgal good post it gives me a boost to here I can do it.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

Hi all,
Hope you are all doing ok!
Had my first wobble yesterday....boyfriend ate a chocolate bar in the same room as me and I could smell it! That's the first time since I started that I have even considered sugar but I just hope that I can manage that feeling if it happens during more stressful times! I think the biggest motivator at the moment is the thought that if I do fall off the wagon, I would have to suffer the carb flu of the first week again and i DEFINITELY don't want to do that again!
The other thing that motivates me is watching all those trashy programs on tv about weight loss successes. I don't know if you have them in America but here (UK) there are documentaries about it all the time. It's a nice reminder that it could be so much worse (I *only* have to lose just over 100 pounds), I have my health and if they can lose like 300 pounds then i can bloody well lose 100!
Anyways, hope you all have a good day today
Old 01-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Just dropping in to wish everyone a happy Monday and a great week. We can do this!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #79
Lyn
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lyn
Hi everyone! I have just joined LCF, but am not new to low carb. I gained back most of what I lost so it feels like a fresh start and this looks like a good thread to join.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Hey guys. I'm here. Doing ok. Day 3 alcohol free. Which is my biggest struggle right now. Foods good.

I went to the Dr. this morning because I've had a double ear infection for quite a while now, then I felt a lump between my ear and jaw Saturday and it really freaked me out (I'm a hypochondriac, everything is cancer in my mind. My mom is the same way lol) so I went ahead and went. She said it was my lymph nodes swollen because they have been trying to fight the infection for so long. I got a ton of antibiotics and ear drops I have to take. Also got my thyroid checked while I was there. I don't have insurance so I try not to go to the Dr. alot lol. At least it was just my lymph nodes swollen.

So this week I'm going to focus on staying AF and making sure my food is right. After TOM goes away I'll try to get back in the gym. Baby steps.

Welcome Jo Anne& Lynn
Old 01-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lyn and Jo Anne, welcome!

It sounds like everyone is kicking some butt.

I went to the dr today and the scale wasn't nice to me. I was fully clothed and had boots on though. I was going to weigh just before I went so I could see how accurate my scales at home are but I forgot.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies...I'm sick. Stayed home today and I'm sure I will tomorrow too...maybe even a couple more days, not sure. Fever (although it's staying right around 100 so not too bad--I usually pop up to the 104ish range with any kind of infection/flu/etc.), swollen glands and the right side of my face/nose/etc. all stuffed up, achy, and not exactly a headache---just kinda spacy feeling in my head. Haven't slept the last couple of nights either. I am not good at being sick! My boss has the flu right now...hoping I don't have that. Don't think I do but who knows what this will turn into.

Assuming I'm more 'functional' I'll check in and get caught up tomorrow!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa sounds like the flu,drink plenty fluids and get rest,hope you feel better soon.Lyn.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope you all have a glorious day!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Sarah---what a beautiful picture! You're in the UK? I've been once and was in London right before Diana's funeral---everything was so pretty with flowers and cards and memorials everywhere but it was definitely a very somber time so I don't think I got to see what the city is normally like. Are you about 6 hours ahead of us? I can never remember time zones very well! At work we review a group that is in India and I am constantly having to stop and figure out what time it is there when trying to communicate with them!

Yes, in the US we have all kinds of weight loss shows. The Biggest Loser is one of them---I think there is a UK version of that now. There are a bunch of others as well. I go through phases where I watch them and other times when I avoid watching them! But you're right, 100 lbs is totally doable, just do it 1 lb at a time!

joe anne--- I'm betting you will see a dramatic drop in your blood sugar with low carb! How are things going?

Judy---how is the 'no alcohol' thing going? Just curious---did you usually have a drink at the end of the day to relax? If so, have you tried taking GABA?

Monica---how is the Shred going? Are you into watching the Biggest Loser? I've heard that Jillian is back....OK, honestly I don't think I realized she left because I haven't watched it for a couple of years!

Winifred---how is the back? And how are things going with keeping the fridge stocked up?

Lyn--- glad to have you! What kind of low carb plan do you follow?

Michelle---glad you went to the Dr and hope the antibiotic is helping! I would avoid them too if I could but I have to have my thyroid checked every 6 months so no avoiding Drs for me! Speaking of thyroid, when do you get your results? I too am a big believer in Baby Steps---if I try to change or take on too many things at once it always seems to end up in a disaster!

Jazlyn---well, I would say fully dressed--and since it's been snowing where you are I'm guessing that wasn't light weight clothing---with boots you are probably looking at 5 lbs more on the scale. Then of course it also depends on time of day, how much you had eaten/drank/etc.... Bottom line, next time you go it will be less!

Liz---yep, I have tried all of those tactics to get back on track and then some. I start the day fine and sometimes I do great most of the day, sometimes I get off track within a couple of hours. I'm really starting to lose faith in myself. But I keep working at it. I haven't had a day yet where I wake up and say 'screw it'....once that happens I know I would be in big trouble so I just keep plugging along and trying to believe I will snap out of this funk at some point!

Vicki---how are you doing?

And where are all the other ladies that joined??

I'm feeling a bit more human today but still not great. I think it must be a virus or something---if it was the flu I would be 'down for the count' by now and that hasn't happened. This is the second time I've been sick in 2 months, and I know that the way I am eating and just generally not taking care of myself is the reason for it. Last year I got a bad cold 2x in one month (think it was January) and at that time I also was not eating right. Prior to that I hadn't been sick since before starting low carb---for about 5 years I didn't even have the sniffles! So I know what I eat and how I live is totally at the root of getting sick for me. Yet another reason I need to jump back on the healthy living wagon!!!

Have a nice day ladies!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

OK, so I've been trying to find some of my picures that I've posted around here over the years but no luck. This is a pic from last summer---I try to post one every year just to 'keep it real.' Not sure where this link will take you in the thread but it's page 3 about 1/2 way down. This was probably around 160-165. When I get a chance I'll try to find some of my before/afters. I can't find any pics of me over about 320---after that I stayed as far away from cameras as possible. I have a few of me somewhere in the low 140's but can't seem to find those either. But realistically I have been between 155-165 for the majority of the last several yeas so this one is pretty much me.

New Beginnings---Finding a Balance in 2012 (2nd Half)
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Teresa, as always, you look GREAT!
RavenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
Teresa-I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is the pits. Have you noticed since doing LC you don't get sick as often? I've noticed that. I rarely get sick. My ears getting infected is my own fault for not taking care of myself. I figure a couple days on my thyroid results. I've been on meds for 4 years now this coming August. Getting someone to give me the proper meds was the struggle. Now that I'm on them I just go once a year to make sure my levels are at a proper place, they give me my prescription for a year, and I'm good to go. No biggie. Just hope they are the same.

I was also not happy with the scales at the dr. yesterday morning Was also wearing sweats and my shoes but I'm using it as my starting weight for my new June 1st goal so I can take extra weight off for motivation when I weigh again lol.

I decided my goal for June 1st is going to be 50 lbs. I had got down to 204.5 last year and I want that weight again. The dr. scale said 254.5 yesterday so that's exactly 50lbs. And if I get there, I'm going to treat myself with my shoulder tattoo I never got last year.

I'm also putting $1 in a jar every day I'm alcohol free, to pay for the tattoo. Today is day 4 so I got $4 hahahahaha. This week is going to be a struggle because money has been tight and I could only afford to buy bf some specific food he eats. He's expensive, I'm cheap. I can eat a pouch of tuna and be fine. He eats a lot more than me. So I'll have to make due with what I have, which isn't much. I'm not a breakfast eater so that's 1 meal I don't have to worry about.

Let's have a successful day ladies!
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa - I hope you are feeling better soon. As for the shred - I pulled my lower back or pinched a nerve or something in my softball game last Wednesday - it hurts to bend over - so I haven't been able to exercise :-(

Michelle - Good idea about the $1.00 for each AF day. You will have that money saved up in notime!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Gosh you are all getting the flu that we are hearing about here! They are saying America has got a flu epidemic right now!
Thanks Teresa, it was on holiday in Turkey last summer when I was somewhat slimmer! Yeah we have the biggest loser here, I used to watch it a lot but I have recently moved to more 'documentary' type programmes. There's a good one about using food instead of medicine to cure people's health problems that's really interesting. They haven't done an episode about curing the flu though, sorry!
Michelle - I feel your pain on the no alcohol thing, I have had to give up my evening drink and it's been 14 days since I started and I definitely miss it!
Hope you all have/had a good day (I too have no idea about the time zone, i guess you are 5 or 6 hours behind??)