Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/235.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
Hi all. My real name is Monica. So it's nice to meet y'all. Induction flu is over and I went on a walk today with some ladies I am doing a monetary weightloss challenge with. It was cold but a very nice walk. Then we went to a farmers market and I got some yummy veggies. Tonight I'm going to a Be your BEST even with some of my friends - it should be interesting, informative and hopefully motivating.

Well, have a great weekend everyone I will try and check back later!
2f2f is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome Lady.

Monica, so glad to know your name. also, congrats on getting over the LC flu.

Michelle, where is the recipe for the taco soup?

I scheduled the moving company and we are penciled in. The pest inspector and appraisor has been at this house. The pest inspection is scheduled for the other house and the mortgage rep. will be scheduling the appraisal for the other house. We have all the paperwork together to drop off for the mortgage co. Things are moving, ha ha, along.

I got off track the past couple of days and am up in lbs, see stats. I hate to admit this, but, not being truthful in the past may have led me astray. I need the accountability. Especially if I am not going to go back to TOPS.

I had made a ham on NY day and we still have some leftover. We have been eating ham practically every day, hence the sodium. I used what was left and made ham salad. I also gave the bone to my mother who is going to make ham and bean soup and we are going over there later today for the Vikings and Green Bay game.

I know today's eats aren't exactly LC, but oh well. Getting there.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Monica glad you joined us.Yes Teresa I'm the night owl in our group,I'm just getting online now,lol.Thanks Lady ,I firgured this name would fit me ,always try to smile and greet ev1.

New thoughts for the new year :lose as much as I can this year.I'm really excited about the new me this year.:to save more this year I am gonna try the 52 week money challenge to save a little each week.And to put more effort into saving with coupons.

Just wanted to let ev1 know I needed to get brakes and rotors for my truck which a friend put them on.I went to retail me not got a coupon code for a auto parts store in our area I saved 40.00 off of my purchase.I have also used that site and saved off my purchase at Kmart and Papa Johns for the grandkids,also Doimonos.Have a blessed Sunday
Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Winifred, thanks for the heads up on the site you save money at.

We packed up a few boxes yesterday. Today off to Half Price Books to see what record albums and cassettes they will buy. Can you believe my husband has tons of vinyl and tapes.

B-FF protein shake

L-TBD

S-Ham salad and veggies

60 min Kathy Kaehler DVD

We went to my parents last night for supper. I had given them the ham bone and some ham from NY day meal and dad prepared ham and bean soup. Sadly it was way too salty. I am sure I am retaining. I ate some club crx and added green olives to my salad so I am sure that didn't help either. I also had two brownies

Last edited by vli1127; 01-06-2013 at 04:12 AM..
Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/247.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Hello everyone! Been busy ‘getting’ stuff done’ which feels good. I’ve been eating LC and can happily report that I am back in the groove after several weeks of not exactly paying attention to proper nourishment. Haha, what an understatement – it just sounded better than ‘pigging out’! I plan to weigh myself for the first time in about a month tomorrow, I will change my stats accordingly and will be off and running until the next fork (haha – pun intended) in the road -my all-inclusive vacation to Cancun on Feb. 6th.

One of my goals was to be alcohol free (especially at home) starting January 2nd which I have not been. I’ve cut way down from the holiday season party mode though, so I am pleased that I didn’t continue to partake in that behavior until the Monday after the holiday season (that would be tomorrow). I just have to keep it out of the house. There is one remaining bottle of white wine in the fridge and that is it! I’m just not buying it.

Today's meals:

B- coffee, half and half, mct oil, small breakfast sausage patty and sauerkraut
L - Taco Pie (ground beef with tomatoes, taco seasoning and flaxseed/almond for the "crust".
D - Lobster and butter (woo hoo), spinach salad
Other: white wine...

Just got back from water exercise, and I've done some exercise everyday since Wednesday..!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon

Last edited by dipgal; 01-06-2013 at 12:20 PM..
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Afternoon ladies! I'm sad it's Sunday already....need to plan some more days off as I really like long weekends!

Monica---oh, I envy you with having Farmer's Markets in the middle of winter! Around here (Iowa) we have to wait until May and then they are just more for fun with very few veggies until June or so. How was the motivational meeting? Good luck on winning the moolah for weight loss--how long is the contest?

Vicki----so is the ham gone yet?? That's why I can never buy one---with just me it would last forever! Did you get a good payoff at HPB? I've taken in several boxes of all kinds of things and I think total I have gotten about 15 bucks.

Winifred---what is the 52 week money challenge? I think I need that! Thanks for the info on coupons/deals, I'm always interested in those!

Judy---enjoy that wine today missy--and then it's adios for a bit! But just think, it won't be long until you are on vacation and you can enjoy some then! Wow, Cancun in Feb sounds fantastic! Actually I love Cancun (and all inclusives ) anytime of the year!

Yesterday was my first day of eating healthy for the whole day in I don't know how long! Today is day 2 but I tell ya ladies, I'm really struggling. Trying to make up some food for this week so at least I can remove that excuse for eating crap.

Has anyone seen the Atkins frozen meals? There was a big display of them at Walmart yesterday. I didn't think any of them looked all that great---or filling---and really not cheap....so I didnt get any! But if I had room in my freezer I would probably get a couple to have on hand. I saw $1.00 off coupons for these on coupons.com so I'll have to print a couple and then wait for a sale on them (and get my freezer cleaned out! ).

OK---off to shred up the chicken that's been in the crock pot and figure out what else I'm gonna make.

LIZ---WHERE ARE YOU???
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

The contest just started so I haven't won - yet :-) I have spent all day cooking and preparing for the week - I will not fail. Go me!

Hope everyone has an amazing week.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
I'm here and on plan. Yesterday I had some roast and a bowl of creamy southwestern taco soup. Today we are going out of town so i'm not sure. If we do by chance go out to eat I'll have a meatza salad. We always go to the same place lol.
MsWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle - goold luck with your plan while being out of town!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday! Feeling motivated and looking forward to a good week. Weighed myself.. gained 5 lbs over the holidays which isn't bad for me. Changed my stats. The day's meals are planned (and they are all yummy), in my tracker and all should be good.

I have a lot of computer work to do at home over the next few days. So, I hope the emotional subconscious feelings of feeling hungry when I am NOT hungry don't kick in. I have learned that my "head" hunger kicks in when I am bored, lonely, don't want to do something I have to do, or just uncomfortable. I will learn to sit with my feelings and acknowledge them without turning to food for comfort!

Have a super day!

Judy
Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Teresa just google 52 week money challenge and it will come up.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

I haven't had a totally clean day yet but, who is to blame. It always starts off well, then I get into crap and it goes to pot.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Hello! I would like to come crawling back again.......I weigh more this January than last January. I am doing mostly meat these first few days to get control of my cravings, then I hope to incorporate some exercise.
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: capecod
Stats: 272/262/169
WOE: Being fat is hard, dieting is hard, pick your hard
Start Date: Jan 2, 2012
Hi Everyone
I was on Atkins back in 2010 and lost over 100 lbs. The first 70lbs in less than 5 months. I was militant on it, loved it, read each book so many times I could actually quote Dr. Atkins (scary, but true), and was on the Atkins forums daily- LC was my life! I never felt better. So what happened? I wished I knew. Looking back I guess I started adding empty carbs and just out- of -control carb binged from there. Once I had gained back a good deal of weight, it seemed overwhelming to start back. But enough about that! This is about fresh starts and being positive

I started back on January 2, oddly at almost the same weight I was in 2010. I am back on track, and after 5 days I have dropped 9 pounds. I feel committed and excited to rejoin this journey. I already feel more energetic. Im looking forward to a fresh start for the New Year and joining all of you on this terrific forum.
capecod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Monday is almost over---yay!

capecod---welcome! And bravo, you are off to a fantastic start! Gaining it back stinks....but, we've all been there and done that and you're right, time to be positive and start fresh!! You had terrific results in the past and you know it works---so let the magic begin!

Fonda---no crawling back! March right on in with your head held high!!! Welcome back! I agree, focus on the cravings and feeling better for now, the rest will fall into place.

Vicki---winter break over yet? Are you still looking for a new job? I haven't had many perfect days for quite some time...but I'm not giving up and neither are you!

Monica---getting all prepped for the week is important for me too---hope your week is amazing as well!!

Winifred---I will google that, I need a savings plan!

Michelle---hope you are doing something fun out of town?! Enjoy your salad.

Judy---sitting with feelings....something I am finding out more and more that I suck at! If you have some tips, I would love to hear them!

Well ladies, I am beat and heading to bed. Have a great night!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Teresa, thanks for the encouragement. Job hunting is on hold for now. Moving has taken priority

Welcome to capecod and Fonda.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: MsWoods
Stats: 399/217.5/169
Start Date: 06/22/09
We were out of town for my bf's doctor appointment. In April 2011 he had his first cornea transplant and in January of 2012 had his second. It's been a long journey from start to finish but he is truly blessed and his doctor is about the best thing ever put on earth. Love him to death. His vision is better than mine now. He had his second set of stitches taken out yesterday so he was in quite a bit of pain last night but he's doing alright. We didn't end up eating there (it's about 2 hours away) but we stopped half way and a new Mexican resturant and it was really LC friendly. I got the "Teresa special". I assume "Teresa" does LC lol. It was ground beef topped with melted cheese, lettuce, tomato, and guacomole. It was really good. Then I had some peanuts last night and a few pickles.

Day three on plan and alcohol free. Feeling fairly successfull so far this week.

My menu today:
B-coffee, creamer, vanilla torani. Maybe some glucc pudding
L-shiratake noodles w/rotisserie turkey, parm
D-Maybe same as lunch or with some kind of sauce.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! Happy Tuesday. I'm still here and sticking to plan! Made it through day 2 of the 30 day shred and I even did a Turbo Jam video last night. Tonight is zumba with some friends of mine. Can't wait.

Well I hope everyone has a successful day!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome! Had a good LC day. Down another pound, and tomorrow will be my one week mark.

Todays menu:

Breakfast- cheese omelet
Lunch- salad w/ creamy cesar dressing
Dinner- Stuffed peppers

I have wanted to add in some exercise each day, but have not started yet. Nothing huge, even just a walk around the block. Maybe I will put on an exercise video tonight. Wish me luck!!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone and welcome to the new members!! Fonda and Capecod.. Capecod,, do I know you from another site? We aren't allowed to use names of other sites here, but your username there is similar so I thought maybe it was you. I am judyree on the other site. Anyway, welcome!!

I had a good day today but am certainly hungry for dinner and hope to hold out another hour. I'll be putting some shrimp on shirataki noodles with a low sugar and low carb pasta sauce and parmesan cheese. Spinach salad on the side.. ooh, so hungry!

Lunch was leftover Taco Pie from Wheat Belly cookbook. I also made a chia pudding but it came out way too thick. I'll have to use more coconut milk or less chia next time! It has potential!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Judy:
I was only ever on one other site when i was LC'ing two years ago, and my name was the same there as here. Not sure if that rings any bells with you. I havent been back there this time around as quite frankly I was embarrassed for gaining all my weight back

Anyways I must say my kindle has been a lifesaver this first week back on track. At night, which is my hardest time, I cozy up with a good book and forget about food and dieting. I have never read so many books! I might have to get a second mortgage to pay my amazon bill
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

I'm trying to get my eating plan in order to stay on plan.I'm asling for help to work out my biggest problem.With my mobility problems walking with a walker its impossible for me to carry a plate and use my walker in and out the kitchen,I do have a small fridge in my bedroom,so I'm trying to figure out what I can do to get my meals in daily if Danny's not at home to go in and get it out of the kitchen.Sometimes he works 6 or 7 hours so I can't wait that long to eat and calling dominos is no longer a option to keep me on plan.We put deli meat and pickles in the fridge today and I have water or sparkling water,but I need more options to eat.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning! Tried to get here last night but my computer was not cooperating. I actually bought a new one last weekend but just haven't set it up yet....maybe this weekend.

Michele---well, if it's called a Teresa Special it had to be good! Wow on bf's cornea transplants---how amazing! So was he blind/legally blind prior to this or did he have some kind of eye disease?

Monica--way to go on the exercise! I've heard the Shred one is a killer!

capecod---1 week down--yay you! I think the first couple of weeks are always the hardest, then things start to click---love it when that happens!

Judy---If you get the chia recipe worked out, I want to hear it! I tried a chia pudding recipe a couple years back and I couldn't get past the slimey texture. I grind chia and add it to baked goods---definitely helps with the fullness feeling.

Winifred---can you or a family member do some prep once or twice a week to stock the fridge? If so, I personally love cold chicken/turkey, even cold steak---and actually some of those things could be bought at the grocery in the deli section or from a salad bar, etc. Deviled eggs are always tasty---and again typically can be bought at a grocery store. Chicken or tuna salad and then some celery, bell pepper strips or pork rinds for scooping it up. Or some nappa cabbage or romaine leaves and you can use these for wraps for whatever kind of meat. For store bought/quick snack things how about plain Greek yogurt that you can sweeten up with some sweeteners and add cinnamon or lemon juice or something to, or one of the pre-made type low carb yogurts. Celery that you can stuff with some flavored cream cheese, olives, cheese sticks/block cheese, pepperoni, sf jello cups..... You know, I saw something interesting at the store this weekend. It was a small crockpot to take to work to heat up your lunch in. They were kind of pricey for such a little thing--like 20 bucks I think---but that could open up tons of possibilities for you! I saw them at a local grocery store but I'm guessing they are available at Walmart, Target and/or on-line. Then on these cold winter days you could heat up some soup or a casserole or veggies or whatever! I'll go see if I can find one on-line. Anyway---let us know what kinds of things you are interested in---store bought or things that you can prep ahead, and more snacky things or meals---and I bet we can come up with a lot more options!

Well, I suppose I should get back to work, although I don't have a meeting for another hour so maybe I'll goof off for a bit longer.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Winifred---Walmart does carry the crock pot and it's available on-line and in some stores. This the name of it: Crock-Pot 20-Ounce Lunch Crock Food Warmer and here is the description:

Enjoy the comfort of flavorful meals on the go with the Crock-Pot Lunch Crock Food Warmer. Use it to warm leftovers, soups and oatmeal, or just about anything in amazing slow cooker fashion. It will conveniently heat your food while you work for a flavorful lunch that is ready when and where you are.

Crock-Pot 20-Ounce Lunch Crock Food Warmer:
•Bring the comfort of flavorful meals on-the-go
•20 oz capacity
•Removable vessel to hold and transport food
•Easy-travel lid for portability
•Power indicator light
•Cool to the touch
•Cord storage
•Removable vessel and lid are dishwasher safe
•1-year limited warranty
•Model# SCCPLC200-R

There are a bunch of reviews on them and they're all very favorable. Now I want one! However it looks like it takes about an hour or so to warm things up and everyone would probably get angry (or hungry!) if they had to smell my food warming up for that long!! But---with all the reportedly bad things about microwaving...this really might be a good option....hmmmm.....
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wednesday everyone. Well, Day 3 of the 30 Day Shred down - and I am so sore! I can't wait for Saturday to have a break! I'm exhausted - lol.

Well I hope everyone is having a great week! I've been really sticking to plan and I'm still very motivated!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jazlyn
Stats: 290/243/160
I just started being fully clean yesterday. A while before dinner I was thinking I needed to grab something but I didn't have anything ready. I just decided to make dinner a little early. It worked. I'm down 2 lbs today. Just doing well for one day has me motivated like I haven't been in a while.

Congrats to everyone.
Jazlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,thanks so much for the food suggestions I wrote each one down and will be going shopping this week,yall came up with good ideas things I really like.As far as the chicken salad ,cooking the turkey and chicken I can do it myself and just load it in the fridge.I do also have 3 crockpots,I really want to make some kinda meat and veggie soup so I can eat off of it all week.I'm so glad I asked yall before I went to get groceries.Suger free jello takes care of my sweet tooth and I can also mix it with cream cheese for the icebox cheesecake dessert.On my way to order some chia seeds and check out the green coffee extract to see if it works.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone. Here to wish everyone a successful day! We can do this!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Jazlyn---welcome! 2 lbs is a fantastic way to start!

Monica---how are those muscles feeling today?

Winifred---oh good, glad some of those ideas work for you! Let us know what you think about the green coffee extract. I remember reading about it at one point but I can't remember what it does---have to look it up again.

Crazy day at work already and I'm a bit grumpy. I am canceling all my meetings for today to deal with some other issues here so maybe I'll be back later.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

My muscles are feeling better - but I pulled my lower back in my softball game last night so I wasn't able to do the 30 day shred today - which sucks because I really wanted to go for 30 days - I just know that most of the exercises in that would be too painful for a lower back injury. I am going to do a walk away the pounds video tonight because it doesn't hurt to walk - lol. After that - I'm putting the heating pad on my back to try and recover quickly so I can get back to the 30 day shred and my kickboxing video.

Teresa - I just noticed in your stats that you went from 350+ to 160 - that is AMAZING! Do you have your before and after picture posted somewhere? That is so inspiring - YOU GO GIRL! Awesome accomplishment!