Teresa, what is a "fluffy one"?
Kitties.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beara
Hello everyone!
New to the site and thought I would stop in and say hi. I am definately ready to restart and kickstart my low carbing again. I have to remind myself constantly that messing up is not an excuse for giving up. Hope I can get to know you all!
Thanks!
Sarah
Beara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome Sarah.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 154
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hello Sarah, and welcome
I hope to get to know you too.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Hi Sarah! So glad you're here!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wyterayven
Stats: 275.8/222.8/175 6 feet tall
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Start over date: Jan 01, 2013
Hi all,

I dont get to read or post much. Working a ton of overtime.

Still on plan. Had a binge last Sunday...nothing off plan, just too much. And paid for it with a two pound gain overnight. And have spent this week getting it off. Probably had too much today though not as bad as before.

Weekends are so hard to stay on track. I have lost 53 pounds since January 1st, and I keep telling myself that is an accomplishment...but it doesnt feel like it when I have so far still to go.

I am determined that this will be a way of life and not a diet for me. But I do hope I will be able to eat a few more carbs when I get to maintenance, but at the moment I have to keep my carbs at 13 or less, or I dont loose. Gotta love getting older. lol

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Dawn, nice to see you again. You don't mention how old you are, but I started at age 52 yrs old and this year celebrated my 65th. It is all in consuming the righht carbs. From my experiments, I lost when adding raw veggies for big salads. I can only tolderate a limited amount of cooked veggies and if I am going to have any fruit, I do it in the morning. It takes our bodies more energy to digest the raws. The cooked veggies are somewhat predigested through the cooking process and contain more natural sugars.

I got to a point where calories did matter or more to the point portions. Once I figured out how much was enough, I was mentally comfident I was getting enough food. My calories ranged from 1200-1400 when I was losing and 1400-1600 maintaining. I never lost quickly so it could take a month to lose 2-3 lbs, but over a year that is 24-36 lbs. it adds up. And as you said,it is for your lifetime, not a specified period of time.

Please continue to share your successes and struggles.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: casweet31
Stats: 337/337/175
WOE: low-carb
HI everyone! I'm trying to get back on track with eating correctly again (it's been way too long!) last night i was going to start walking on my treadmill. my boyfriend ran on it for an hour with no problems.. i walk on it for 10 minutes and start smelling smoke.... you know it's bad when you can't even use your work out equipment!! so something has to change! i didn't give up though, i took the dog for a walk instead, so i guess that's something.

casweet31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #339
Blabbermouth!!!

Christine, way to go on improvising with your walking routine.

I am tracking when I am physically hungry and what I eat; where I eat it. I know you all have heard this before and I have DONE it before. But, this time I am trying to be more aware.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Vicki, good job. I found it helpful to find all the places where I had hidden food in the house and car. And move it into the kitchen. I started eating only in eating areas like kitchen or dining room. I used a nice place setting, with nice dishes, because I am worth it.

I did keep water around the house so that if I felt hungry, I took ten sips of water, just in case I was really thirsty. There is no magic in 10 sips. I just picked the number out of thin air.

Keeping a log is really helpful. As you go along, you might try identifying what you're feeling when the hunger pangs hit you. Are you hungry or thinking about a person, place or thing, where ther are strong feelings that keep playing over and over in your mind? As I was able to separate my hunger from my life, I was able to see what kind of hunger I really had. Was it food I needed or love or acceptance, etc? I think that is where support groups come in handy, like what we have here or in live groups. It helps to tell ourself that we are loveable and beautiful just the way we are. Affirmation statements.

Anyway, these are things I picked up over time. Hope it helps.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the tips Mary, progress, not perfection.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

You got that right, Vicki!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #343
Junior LCF Member

Hello all, hope everyone had a great 4th!
I am hopefully starting at my gym this week! Not sure the exact date, as my mom has surgery on Monday, but I have it all set up for this week. Yay!!
It feels great to feel motivated!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Beara, sending prayers for your mom!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Hope your Mom gets along well, Beara!

Christine- So glad you are here! I so understand about the equipment. A lot of us here do. You are not alone so feel free to talk to us. I don't think I could make it without posting and reading posts. I did Atkins 9 years ago and did well. I quit posting and I'm back with more weight to lose this time.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Hi been awhile since I checked in.I fell off the wagon again.Now I'm getting back on.Hope everyone had a good 4Th weekend.Rain,rain,rain here.

Beara my prayers go out to your mom.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Winifred, glad to see you back. Let's all ride the wagon together.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #348
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vicl26
Start Date: July 2013
Boy, do I need help!

It's been years since I've been on the low-carb boat and it's been years since I weighed what I feel comfortable weighing!
I am starting to eat better as of today and wanted to start exercising this morning, but that didn't happen. So, tomorrow it's up and at 'em!
vicl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #349
Junior LCF Member

THank you all for the thoughts for my mom. She is in a lot of pain today, but the doc said the surgery could not have gone better and that she will be VERY happy with it. Yay!!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope your mother recovers well Beara.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #351
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Good morning. Welcome to all the new peeps! Actually I guess I'm the new peep since I haven't been around. I have been lurking off and on....but no one is really saying much, so nothing to comment on. I'm really working hard on getting my head back on straight, and really looking for some support to help me through. I hope some of you are looking for the same and will post consistently. If not, I have to find somewhere else to post because I know the support part is what I am really lacking at this time....and it's time I start taking care of me. Anyway---none of that meant to be a 'threat' that I'm leaving just a sincere statement of where I'm at and what I need. I miss the days of people talking about what is really going on---what they are struggling with, what the little and big triumps were, and how they were dealing with it all. I think I need that---along with all the weight loss/food talk. OK, I'm just rambling now but I'm hoping we can revive this thread and it can become something more than a 'drive by' place....

Hoping none of this sounds offensive to anyone....now I'm debating on posting it. But like I said, I need to start taking care of me.
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

Per therapists suggestion yesterday, I am to practice waiting to eat until I feel physical hunger. Only for the first meal of the day. It's ok if I continue to eat afterwards and its ok if I only do it 2 times this week. I have a tendancy to be an all-or-nothing gal and she is trying to help me retrain my brain.

I just finished eating cottage cheese, blueberries with flax meal and chia seeds along with old-fashioned oatmeal. It was yummy. Now, we will see about the next meal. I volunteer at the train station gift shop on Tues afternoons, so I typically take my "lunch" and don't eat until the train goes out at 1:30.

Yesterday I dislocated my little toe on the right foot by running into a shower chair (wasn't in the shower). I thought it was a muscle spasm that was causing the toe to jut out at a 45 degree angle. But, no, I pushed it back and felt a crunch and heard a pop. Well, all swollen and bruised today and smarting a bit. The only thing I can put on my feet are fake crocs and those rub the wrong way. Good thing there is a stool at the gift shop.

Teresa, I am here and hoping to post a bit more. Welcome back and let's get this party started.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, north breeze, low humidity leads to AC turned off and windows open. I heard that the next 7 days are going to be back in the 90's, so, I guess I will enjoy today. Three loads of wash out on the line.

I made BOLT sandwiches last night (bacon, onion, lettuce and tomato) only to realize when cleaning up the dishes the lettuce was still in the salad spinner. I thought something was missing but just couldn't put my finger on it LOL.

I had a hankering for tuna macaroni salad. I bought a pasta that was high in protein and half the box which is 3 servings. With all the other ingredients, I suspect it could feed 6-8, so the amount of pasta will be low.

I also put a whole chicken in the crockpot with lemon juice, garlic cloves tucked under the skin, 1/4 onion shoved up the cavity and dill weed.

I am still awaiting physical hunger and haven't eaten breakfast yet.

Last edited by vli1127; 07-10-2013 at 08:34 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Morning Vicki!

I think I like your new therapist and her ideas! What do you think about her? I am an all or nothing girl so if someone tells me to not worry about a mistake or just deal with one thing at a time I get But I know that is the kind of approach I also need to take if I'm going to ever find a happy medium---which might ultimately lead to a little peace.

I was so relieved to walk outside today and not feel the oprresive heat/humidity. Looks like we might get a break for a few days....hopefully!

Have a good one!
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #355
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
I miss the days of people talking about what is really going on---what they are struggling with, what the little and big triumps were, and how they were dealing with it all. I think I need that---along with all the weight loss/food talk. OK, I'm just rambling now but I'm hoping we can revive this thread and it can become something more than a 'drive by' place....

Hoping none of this sounds offensive to anyone....now I'm debating on posting it. But like I said, I need to start taking care of me.
Teresa, I know I am one who has either not posted for a period of time or just "driven by". There is another thread I am part of that I really like. There are few people and we really share what is going on. Well, I do when I am in the mood. Anyways, here is the link BLITZ XIV -JULY 1 thru SEPT 30, 2013.

Once again, I am waiting for hunger. I suspect I would be hungry when I woke up or shortly after if I didn't eat up until I went to bed, duh. Anyways, I am doing what therapist suggested, only concentrate and be mindful of not eating until hungry for the first time of the day. Whatever happens after that isn't to be worried about right now. Hopefully, changes will come and I will wait for hunger more than once.

Jan, vicl, beara, Winnifred, Mary, Christine and Dawn where are you guys and anyone else I missed.

Last edited by vli1127; 07-11-2013 at 06:27 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FluffRNutter
Stats: 5'11" 340/256/???
Start Date: Restarted 7/7/2013
Good morning! I like the title of this thread. I agree - it's never too late!
I just restarted on Sunday, and so far so good. I've noticed several side effects kick in over the last few days. Dry mouth, decreased appetite, increased energy, needing less sleep, and my favorite... lower number on the scale. Woot!
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Have a great day everyone!
FluffRNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Fluff, are your stats current? They look great.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FluffRNutter
Stats: 5'11" 340/256/???
Start Date: Restarted 7/7/2013
Thanks Vicki. Yes, my stats are current. I was at 271 when I restarted on Sunday.
FluffRNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #359
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been busy the last few weeks because my DH has been in and out of the hospital. He was readmitted last night with blinding headaches. They did a bunch of tests and I am waiting for the results. I think tomorrow I will go to work and have them call me if there is any news. Sitting here feels like a waste of time.

I have been staying on my food plan, planning a day's menu, calling my sponsor, making lunch to take with me to work or the hospital. It is a routine that is familiar and comfortable. It is the ONE thing that is a constant in my chaotic life right now. God is my strength and I can do all things through Him. I just have to remember that. I also say the Serenity Prayer, call my friends in my 12 step program who have lent me a shoulder to cry on and feel sorry for myself. Everyone I know is praying for my husband and the chaplain reminded me that we have to pray for the spouses too. He is a smart man.

My message is don't give up no matter what life throws your way.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Mary I am so sorry to hear this.
God be with you.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote