Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Thanks, Liz, the question on decluttering was not rhetorical. I am having a hard time letting go of stuff, and keep thinking, I am going to have the yard sale that never happens. My DH loves yard sales and continues to collect coffee mugs, platters, etc. I told him no more coffee mugs. His clutter is spreading.

Today I tackle last year's mail to sort and throw out. I am doing taxes today, no matter what. That is my committment to you all.

I crunbled cooked bacon in the blender and put it on an egg. The chewing is better.
I'm glad your chewing is getting better.

Maybe you could break down the declutter project into 15 minute daily intervals? Set a timer and work for 15 minutes. I've done this before and it helps a huge task seem more manageable. Often I will keep working once the 15 minutes are up.
healthylowcarbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RavenG
Stats: 305/184.6/160 or 28/10/8 - Whichever Comes First!
WOE: Atkins/Primal/Paleo
Start Date: June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
Hi everybody!
RAVEN....I think I'll also be working in the yard tomorrow. The weather is GORGEOUS! I love this time of year.
What do you plan to plant?
I need to get some sort of pretty flowers for a big pot outside.
I have some Blue Moon Phlox I picked up yesterday that will probably go into the ground today. Yesterday I cleared another planting bed. It was one that had 14 azaleas in it, as well as being covered in a groundcover vine. I think it was harder getting the groundcover out than the azaleas! The area has some good foundation shrubs in it so I think I can get pretty bold with the colors I put in there. Whatever goes in there will have to be deer proof or deer resistant....someone in the neighborhood feeds the deer and they cross through my yard several times a day to get to the other yard. We put fishing line around the stuff in the backyard to deter them but I'm not sure I can really do that for the front yard. Today I put out the hummingbird feeders as the azaleas are in full bloom so they should be arriving shortly. I nearly stepped on a snake yesterday when my husband and I went for our walk.....luckily I don't believe it was poisonous but last year one of the neighbors killed two rattlesnakes in our front yard.
RavenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenG View Post
I have some Blue Moon Phlox I picked up yesterday that will probably go into the ground today. Yesterday I cleared another planting bed. It was one that had 14 azaleas in it, as well as being covered in a groundcover vine. I think it was harder getting the groundcover out than the azaleas! The area has some good foundation shrubs in it so I think I can get pretty bold with the colors I put in there. Whatever goes in there will have to be deer proof or deer resistant....someone in the neighborhood feeds the deer and they cross through my yard several times a day to get to the other yard. We put fishing line around the stuff in the backyard to deter them but I'm not sure I can really do that for the front yard. Today I put out the hummingbird feeders as the azaleas are in full bloom so they should be arriving shortly. I nearly stepped on a snake yesterday when my husband and I went for our walk.....luckily I don't believe it was poisonous but last year one of the neighbors killed two rattlesnakes in our front yard.
The blue moon phlox are beautiful! I wonder if they would grow here. Have you grown them before? If so, are they easy?

I hate snakes! scary!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been cleaning all day. Whoever created white/tan grout should be SHOT. That stuff is so hard to keep looking nice
Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alabama sunshine
Stats: 450/450/200
WOE: Low Carb (Atkins)
Start Date: restart 09/01/2013
Sorry to hear about your loss Vicki my prayers are with you and your family.
alabama sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The blue moon phlox are beautiful! I wonder if they would grow here. Have you grown them before? If so, are they easy?

I hate snakes! scary!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I've been cleaning all day. Whoever created white/tan grout should be SHOT. That stuff is so hard to keep looking nice
They have a hardiness zone rating of Zones 4 - 8....do you know what zone you're in? The only problem I've had with my other phlox (David) is that it gets "leggy" in the later summer so I think I'll plant something in front of it so it hides the bare stems....other than that I've had no issues. I find them very easy to grow....but I seem to have inherited my mother's green thumb...now if I could just keep the deer out of my yard. LOL
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
They have a hardiness zone rating of Zones 4 - 8....do you know what zone you're in? The only problem I've had with my other phlox (David) is that it gets "leggy" in the later summer so I think I'll plant something in front of it so it hides the bare stems....other than that I've had no issues. I find them very easy to grow....but I seem to have inherited my mother's green thumb...now if I could just keep the deer out of my yard. LOL
Thanks! It looks like I'm in zone 7.

Good luck with keeping out the dear deer. Have you ever tried different plants to repel them?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #277
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Yikes---logged in thinking I would have time to read and post at lunch but it didn't happen! I'll be back tonight....hopefully! Still have to finish my taxes and drive them downtown to make sure they get post marked today. Oh the fun life of a procrastinator! LOL
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shocka1982
Stats: 280/220/150
WOE: Primal/IF
Start Date: January 2012
Is it too late to join this? I've been low carb for 14 months but have been regained 13 lbs since January. I just joined the site after reading this entire thread so I hope I'm going about this the right way.
Shocka1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Welcome Shocka, it is never too late.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks! It looks like I'm in zone 7.

Good luck with keeping out the dear deer. Have you ever tried different plants to repel them?
I'm going to try more deer resistant plants in the new stuff I'm putting in this year. I can protect the stuff around my back patio pretty well with the fishing line but the stuff in the front yard is vulnerable.....they won't touch the lavender so if worse came to worse I could just put lavender in the front yard.....pretty AND it smells good
Old 04-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Shocka!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Flex ETL GS NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Hello Shocka, interesting name...is it short for something? Welcome.

I just got home from work and have to travel into Boston, Mass for a 7 am appt at Mass General for some pre-surgical blood work. I just called and they tell me I will be able to park even though the hospital is in lockdown after the horrific tragedy at the Boston Marathon today. Please pray for those hurt and their families & friends.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #283
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shocka1982
Stats: 280/220/150
WOE: Primal/IF
Start Date: January 2012
Thanks for the welcome, all!

@MaryMary

Shocka is actually taken from a Prince song called Shockadelica. I'm obsessed with Prince.
Shocka1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Shocka.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #285
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies! Just a quick check in.

Vicki---I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mary Mary---hope everything went well with your appt!

Shocka---welcome! OK--so is Prince still even recording anything? I used to love Prince too....OK, now I'm wondering if we are talking about the same Prince cause that was a couple of decades ago!

Raven---I so wish I had a green thumb, but I definitely don't! I immediately give away any plants that anyone gives me because I know I will just kill them!

Liz---I'm up for menus, weigh ins, whatever. But we gotta commit to everyday, or every week or whatever....I really need some serious accountability at this point! By the way, I finally listened to my messages this morning...yeah, that's how far behind on everything I am. I'm sorry I missed your call, maybe this weekend?

Winifred---how are things going with you?

Laura, Dawn, Bella, Judy...how are you ladies doing??

Still struggling here, but not giving up. I have a Dr appt Friday, need to have my thyroid checked which is just routine but I'm really hoping they find out it's whacked out---maybe that is some of my problem...a girl can hope. I'm bummed that both of my Dr's left the practice as I am now seeing someone totally new and I have a lot of stuff I really want to talk with a Dr about....guess I'll wait and see how comfortable I feel with this new one. Taking Friday and Monday off work, I am burned out to the max and even though I dread going back next week because the work will just be piled up that much higher...I seriously need a break before I lose it. So, I may or may not make it to check in tomorrow as it will be a long day, but I will have no excuse not to check in Friday---so hold me to it.

I bought a new computer so I can now see all the smilies again. But what the heck is this??>>> Newbie?? And did this always have a cake with it? Apparently I have been away too long cause they have changed up the smilies on me!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #286
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ak_laura
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 02/23/2013
Hey Teresa I am doing fine; back on what goes in my mouth and walking again this week. Spring is FINALLY happening here in Alaska! Jiminy it has been a long winter and has not helped me one bit when it came to eating or walking!

I'm really hoping to stick to my eating for wellness this week and to continue to walk, up to three miles per week, by the end of the month, I want to be up to 5 miles per week and enter some of the cancer walk/runs this spring, something I haven't been able to do for about 4 years now, but this will be the year, so let it be written

Hope all is well with you!
Laura
ak_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm going to try more deer resistant plants in the new stuff I'm putting in this year. I can protect the stuff around my back patio pretty well with the fishing line but the stuff in the front yard is vulnerable.....they won't touch the lavender so if worse came to worse I could just put lavender in the front yard.....pretty AND it smells good
I LOVE lavender! I might have to get some of that even though we don't have deer roaming around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Hello Shocka, interesting name...is it short for something? Welcome.

I just got home from work and have to travel into Boston, Mass for a 7 am appt at Mass General for some pre-surgical blood work. I just called and they tell me I will be able to park even though the hospital is in lockdown after the horrific tragedy at the Boston Marathon today. Please pray for those hurt and their families & friends.
The horrific tragedy is so sad.

I hope your surgery & recovery goes very well. Please update us when you can. Good thoughts and prayers to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocka1982 View Post
Is it too late to join this? I've been low carb for 14 months but have been regained 13 lbs since January. I just joined the site after reading this entire thread so I hope I'm going about this the right way.
Welcome! I'm glad you posted. Are you planning to start low carb. again? I bet a lot of that 13lbs is water weight. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Hey ladies! Just a quick check in.

Vicki---I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mary Mary---hope everything went well with your appt!

Shocka---welcome! OK--so is Prince still even recording anything? I used to love Prince too....OK, now I'm wondering if we are talking about the same Prince cause that was a couple of decades ago!

Raven---I so wish I had a green thumb, but I definitely don't! I immediately give away any plants that anyone gives me because I know I will just kill them!

Liz---I'm up for menus, weigh ins, whatever. But we gotta commit to everyday, or every week or whatever....I really need some serious accountability at this point! By the way, I finally listened to my messages this morning...yeah, that's how far behind on everything I am. I'm sorry I missed your call, maybe this weekend?

Winifred---how are things going with you?

Laura, Dawn, Bella, Judy...how are you ladies doing??

Still struggling here, but not giving up. I have a Dr appt Friday, need to have my thyroid checked which is just routine but I'm really hoping they find out it's whacked out---maybe that is some of my problem...a girl can hope. I'm bummed that both of my Dr's left the practice as I am now seeing someone totally new and I have a lot of stuff I really want to talk with a Dr about....guess I'll wait and see how comfortable I feel with this new one. Taking Friday and Monday off work, I am burned out to the max and even though I dread going back next week because the work will just be piled up that much higher...I seriously need a break before I lose it. So, I may or may not make it to check in tomorrow as it will be a long day, but I will have no excuse not to check in Friday---so hold me to it.

I bought a new computer so I can now see all the smilies again. But what the heck is this??>>> Newbie?? And did this always have a cake with it? Apparently I have been away too long cause they have changed up the smilies on me!
This weekend would be great!

What kind of computer did you get? It must be a relief to not have to FIGHT with your computer! I hope you got a good deal.

How about posting weekly weights? Do you want to do daily menus? What would help you?

I'm glad you're taking time off from work I'll be looking for you post on Friday!

Do you have any plans, other than a doctor visit, for your time off? Have you been to Trader Joe's lately?

I've never noticed the cake on haha I hope it is LOW CARB cake!

And the is awful cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_laura View Post
Hey Teresa I am doing fine; back on what goes in my mouth and walking again this week. Spring is FINALLY happening here in Alaska! Jiminy it has been a long winter and has not helped me one bit when it came to eating or walking!

I'm really hoping to stick to my eating for wellness this week and to continue to walk, up to three miles per week, by the end of the month, I want to be up to 5 miles per week and enter some of the cancer walk/runs this spring, something I haven't been able to do for about 4 years now, but this will be the year, so let it be written

Hope all is well with you!
Laura
Have you always lived in Alaska? It looks so beautiful in pictures but SO cold. Are you able to get good salmon for a good price?

Your walking goals sound great! You can do it!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #288
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey ladies---made it before the day is over....barely!

Laura--so what is Spring like where you live? I wish 'Spring' would hurry up and get here---it's been cold, rainy and yucky...even a few snow flurries here and there. Did you get in any walking today?

Liz--the computer is a desktop, hp, all-in-one deal with a huge monitor, windows 8, wireless stuff, webcam, yada, yada. It's nice. Plans for the weekend, just the same as usual but I hope I actually get some things accomplished instead of just planning on getting things accomplished.

Dr visit was good....but really emotional for some reason---guess cause we were talking about me and all my problems. She was not concerned with the weight gain or many of the things I'm concerned about, she was really concerned with my sleep patterns and basically sleep deprivation for the last 6 years. She thinks that is probably a big contributor to everything. If my thyroid isn't totally whacked out then she thinks I probably have adrenal fatigue or exhaustion or whatever it's called, and I suspect that is correct. She is running some additional tests but not the one for adrenals as she said they are expensive and rarely give a good picture of what is going on. So we'll await the thyroid results and go from there. In the mean time she recommended some natural remedies, which basically that is all that is available anyway as it sounds like the medical community hasn't really embraced the concept of adrenal fatigue. I've only read bits and pieces about the whole thing--sounds a lot like the symptoms I have when my thyroid is off so all the symptoms aren't unusual for me but hard to pin down what is causing what. I plan to pull out my Mood Cure and Diet Cure books tomorrow and see what the aminos are that are recommended for adrenal stuff. Also hope to get to Whole Foods or more likely a local health food store (with really knowledgeable staff) to find out what kind of adrenal support stuff they sell. I know I've seen some there but I've never really paid attention and I wouldn't even know where to start with picking stuff out.

OK---on to more fun subjects---my new favorite product is Miracle Blur. Basically a face product that makes your face look 'flawless'--evens out skin color, reduces appearance of pores, fine lines, etc. It isn't tinted or anything, so I don't really get how it works---but it works! So, there's your product review for the day.

Night!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey ladies---made it before the day is over....barely!

Laura--so what is Spring like where you live? I wish 'Spring' would hurry up and get here---it's been cold, rainy and yucky...even a few snow flurries here and there. Did you get in any walking today?

Liz--the computer is a desktop, hp, all-in-one deal with a huge monitor, windows 8, wireless stuff, webcam, yada, yada. It's nice. Plans for the weekend, just the same as usual but I hope I actually get some things accomplished instead of just planning on getting things accomplished.

Dr visit was good....but really emotional for some reason---guess cause we were talking about me and all my problems. She was not concerned with the weight gain or many of the things I'm concerned about, she was really concerned with my sleep patterns and basically sleep deprivation for the last 6 years. She thinks that is probably a big contributor to everything. If my thyroid isn't totally whacked out then she thinks I probably have adrenal fatigue or exhaustion or whatever it's called, and I suspect that is correct. She is running some additional tests but not the one for adrenals as she said they are expensive and rarely give a good picture of what is going on. So we'll await the thyroid results and go from there. In the mean time she recommended some natural remedies, which basically that is all that is available anyway as it sounds like the medical community hasn't really embraced the concept of adrenal fatigue. I've only read bits and pieces about the whole thing--sounds a lot like the symptoms I have when my thyroid is off so all the symptoms aren't unusual for me but hard to pin down what is causing what. I plan to pull out my Mood Cure and Diet Cure books tomorrow and see what the aminos are that are recommended for adrenal stuff. Also hope to get to Whole Foods or more likely a local health food store (with really knowledgeable staff) to find out what kind of adrenal support stuff they sell. I know I've seen some there but I've never really paid attention and I wouldn't even know where to start with picking stuff out.

OK---on to more fun subjects---my new favorite product is Miracle Blur. Basically a face product that makes your face look 'flawless'--evens out skin color, reduces appearance of pores, fine lines, etc. It isn't tinted or anything, so I don't really get how it works---but it works! So, there's your product review for the day.

Night!
I'm glad that your doctor visit went well. Did you learn anything new about adrenal fatigue?

I'll have to look for miracle blur. Thanks for the recommendation! I wonder if it is like a primer?

How did your weekend go? Did you get some things accomplished?

We worked in the yard and planted a bunch of stuff (flowers). I want to plant stuff I can eat like blueberries and strawberries

When do you want to start posting weight/menus?

Have a good night!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
I'm still doing well! Down to 229!!
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
That is fantastic Rebecca!
Keep that momentum going.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rebecca1979
Stats: 286/239/199 (for now!)
WOE: 2208/442 (11/5/13)
Start Date: October 19, 2013
228 today! Wahoo!
Rebecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

You are really on a roll.
Keep the momentum stoked!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #294
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ak_laura
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 02/23/2013
Quote:
Hey Teresa!

We have finally hit the 40's, as in 40 degrees this week! This winter just didn't want to go away! I have to admit, these long winters are starting to mess with me... Then spring and summer hit and there's no place other that I would like to be! It's so beautiful and it doesn't get really dark for a couple of months, I love it!

I'm still at 3 miles per week in walking, which I usually do in about 2 walks - I walk around this lake by my job and it is about 1.44 miles to go around it, so I use an iPhone app to track my time and mileage and walk until I get to that 1.5 miles. I sure would like to get up to 5 miles per week, I have no excuse really except for apathy I really let the weather get the better of me and I've let work take over my life to where I'm not taking good care of myself BUT it is a new week and here's to putting one foot in front of the other!

Laura
ak_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #295
Blabbermouth!!!

I am back. Surgery was last Wed and am recovering at my daughter's. Everything went well.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Mary hope you are feeling some better.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

How are you doing, Sunshine?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning everyone! I love the phrase...a new day, a new beginning.

A new meal, a new beginning. Everytime we pick up the fork or spoon, we get a new beginning. We can change our choices one bite at a time.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Bella,I'm doing okay and how are you? Its a rainy day here so my counseling with my pastor was cancelled,till later.So I am eating right and did some excersing with my weights and bands while sitting.Hope everyone enjoy your weekend.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #300
Blabbermouth!!!

Good going, Winifred!