LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #2671
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
Well, I have been taking it a bit easy since Christmas, eating more nuts than I know I should be. Wanted my skin to catch up with the weight loss so yes I was welcoming a stall!!

I'm hoping to lose 8 lbs by March. Let's see if I can do it

I weigh 293 today, down from over 325lbs as of the last week of September 2012. When I hit 250 I think that will be the real "WOW" for me.
Congrats. Good job.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #2672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
He was in a low budget movie a few years ago. Now we tease him about being a movie star

A tee shirt quilt is where you cut a big square out of the front of a tee shirt that has sentimental value. You then sew them together with some strips between them. That makes the topper then you back and fill it. Pretty cool for tees you want to save, but don't want to have stuck in a closet.
Oh, I've seen those, they are nice.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #2673

Quote:
OMG Lucky, I hope things can come to a peaceful end. What is wrong with people today?

Also sending quick healing prayers.
I agree. What crazy stuff.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #2674

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
It has been such a beautiful day here - sun shining - warm temps.........and tomorrow it's supposed to be close to 70.........oh how this weather teases.........Thursday is supposed to be a 20+ degree drop.

Tomorrow bright and early I have my follow-up eye apt..............8am - that's too early. Eyes are doing good - I am so anxious to see the diff with new glasses - but I'll have to bide my time - no new prescription till the 22nd of Feb.......and then NO MORE DROPS..........ugh - that's still a long time. I know - I know - you're all sick of me whining about these darn drops........it's getting messy........lol - put one drop in one eye - the other eye waters, then drops in that eye - makes the other water even more - then my nose starts running.........see what I mean? lol - tmi I know........I just keep telling myself - be grateful it is coming to an end. Poor dh - he will be so glad too.

Think I'm going to go make salmon patties for dinner.........asparagus.....salad........lony's swedish cukes.......oooh - so yummy. How healthy is that I ask you? Trying to be good - there are some peanut M&M's calling my name. So far I have given them the cold shoulder.........trying the out of sight/out of mind. What a struggle. Why, why, why? Cause I eat too many - I have no 'off' switch when it comes to some foods.........well - a lot of foods..........just saying.

Linda
Good luck with your appointment. I like salmon patties too. YUM Stay away from the M&M peanuts(my favorite!)
Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #2675

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

Melinda we are waiting Every Day for them to get rid of Ken

i did load the DW today

sigh more rough patches with the helicopter people Ken is thinking of filing bankruptcy
Sorry for all your worries. Maybe bankruptcy is a good option. Have you seen a lawyer yet?
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #2676

We were under tornado warnings all afternoon. One caused some damage to a very rural area about 10 miles south of here. We got really heavy winds and rains and my front yard looks like a lake.

I did my treadmill and bike. This is week #3 and it's still not getting much easier. I am going faster but I don't feel the endorphins or extra energy yet. I wonder when that happens.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #2677
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Deb - What does the helicopter place and your insurance carrier say when you tell them it was not your choice nor time permitting to check insurance plans. After all this was an emergency - a matter of life or death. Something just isn't sitting right here. I know I would be calling my representative and/or senator's office in their area offices - or email them in D.C. Taking care of their constituents is what a large part of their staff does on a daily basis. Don't know about the state and their insurance rules. I'm sure you've already googled your state looking for other avenues. I do know that writing letters works - the more the better, copying anyone you feel might just be interested. My dh is a master at letter writing - hates feeling like a small cog in this big old world. He's taken on insurance companies, mortgage companies, moving companies, etc. He's won more than he's lost. Be the squeaky wheel.

I'm so sorry that the doom/gloom of losing his job is still hanging over his head. How does a person try to do his job feeling like that. How dare they create such an awful situation for a working man/woman.

OK - I'll step down off my perch........sorry, but I so hate to see people taken advantage of through no fault of their own.

Hugs, Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #2678

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Deb.. even my hubs told me that, that situation with the helicopter is ridicolous... seriously.. so many people lose everything and then some for medical..and it's not right...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #2679

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Deb - What does the helicopter place and your insurance carrier say when you tell them it was not your choice nor time permitting to check insurance plans. After all this was an emergency - a matter of life or death. Something just isn't sitting right here. I know I would be calling my representative and/or senator's office in their area offices - or email them in D.C. Taking care of their constituents is what a large part of their staff does on a daily basis. Don't know about the state and their insurance rules. I'm sure you've already googled your state looking for other avenues. I do know that writing letters works - the more the better, copying anyone you feel might just be interested. My dh is a master at letter writing - hates feeling like a small cog in this big old world. He's taken on insurance companies, mortgage companies, moving companies, etc. He's won more than he's lost. Be the squeaky wheel.

I'm so sorry that the doom/gloom of losing his job is still hanging over his head. How does a person try to do his job feeling like that. How dare they create such an awful situation for a working man/woman.

OK - I'll step down off my perch........sorry, but I so hate to see people taken advantage of through no fault of their own.

Hugs, Linda
thanks Linda and i have had no luck even with a part time jopb anywhere if i copuld find something making that 200 a month maybe it would be ok and yeah gah Ken was on the phone with then all day long
IDK seems strange ya know?? they say we owe 16k on top of the 8 something the insurance has already paid them they said they will take 200 bucks a month for the next 7 years it just makes me soo mad cause i thought if they negotiated with the insurance they would have to take what the ins paid and we would pay our reg part 80/20 kwim? they agreed with the ins for 10K the ins paid it's 8 looks like that would have left 2K for us??
the ins is saying they are out of network and won't budge on that so i reckon they can charge anything they want
i have never NOT paid my bills this is why we had ins ya know?? and we knew 80/20 so much out of pocket so much deductible etc i am just soo low this and being alone i just don't know
i don't know if they can take the house but the one lawyers office said today that they wouldbn't and it would be like 1200 to file and to add the other bills into it too so that would be 16K helicopter 2500 to UT and 1K each to 2 other companies soo20thousand 500?? we have already paid off the smaller ones

wish i could find my sparkle

that Step at his work falls off in six months soo since feb is approaching Five months now
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #2680
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Ummm - know what happens when you clean out a cabinet that you thought didn't have any food in it? A box of Lawrey's hot/spicy pork rinds that are microwaveable appeared. I fixed a couple of them and they are good...........trying to make up for the M&M's........on the good side - I haven't had anymore - lol - don't know where they are. That's a good thing.

So, I'm well supplied on pork rinds for a while. Maybe that will keep me on the straight and narrow when I get the munchies. Anway - it's the plan.
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #2681

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Ummm - know what happens when you clean out a cabinet that you thought didn't have any food in it? A box of Lawrey's hot/spicy pork rinds that are microwaveable appeared. I fixed a couple of them and they are good...........trying to make up for the M&M's........on the good side - I haven't had anymore - lol - don't know where they are. That's a good thing.

So, I'm well supplied on pork rinds for a while. Maybe that will keep me on the straight and narrow when I get the munchies. Anway - it's the plan.
ooh that sounds good right now! i don't have any though
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #2682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Deb.. even my hubs told me that, that situation with the helicopter is ridicolous... seriously.. so many people lose everything and then some for medical..and it's not right...
I agree. So sorry Deb. I hope you can work it out somehow. Don't give up. Keep fighting it.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #2683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hello friends.

Typing from work. Today is my Friday, thank goodness. It's been so hard to get out of bed all week. I feel like I need an extra hour or two of sleep every night. I know I should be getting to bed earlier but it's hard enough getting into bed by 11:30 much less 10:30. I have so much to do when I get home. I'm fighting a losing battle with the housework. I'm seriously considering hiring a maid service to give my house a good once-over. DH will probably pitch a fit but oh well. He can't/won't help and I don't have time.

I had to go to bed the minute I got home yesterday because I had a late doctor's appointment. Gosh I'm so tired of all these appointments after work too. I haven't gotten the bills yet either, but all these physical therapy and extra doctors appointments aren't going to be cheap with my "new and un-improved" insurance coverage for 2013.

Deb I'm so sorry you are going thru so much stress with Ken's work problems and then all your medical bills. Maybe bankruptcy will work out OK for you. I know it's not the stigma it used to be. Hugs to you.

Melinda you hang in there too. I hope all goes well with the union meeting at work. Your DH works so hard...he doesn't deserve to get the shaft like this.

KCMama enjoy your rain. Want some of ours? We have plenty.

Bamboozled congrats on your weight loss. I think that 8 pounds by March is a very reasonable goal. You can do it!

Lucky that is nice that your son was able to drive you and DH to his appointment. Hope DH is recovering well. Sorry to hear about the vandalism issues.

Linda sorry those peanut M&Ms attacked you...but surely it should be counterbalanced by the healthy dinner you prepared! I know you are tired of the drops but it will be over soon! Hope your appointment goes well.

Chewie I think that these people who say they feel energized and/or get an endorphin rush from exercise are delusional. Don't hold your breath waiting because it may never happen. However, you will build up your muscles and your stamina and that is a good thing.

Sue I remember the big deal when some new CEO took over at JCPenny and changed things up. People don't like change. haha! I don't really shop at Penny's....or any mall store really. But I think it's worth going back to what people like. Then again, going back to what people like isn't going to fix their economic problems. All the brick and mortar stores are having the same problems...people like to do their shopping online now. I heard it's becoming a big problem....people will window shop at a store, taking up the employees time and stuff. And then they will go home and order it online for cheaper. I believe Target is now price matching with Amazon. I don't know how they can afford to do that but we shall see.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #2684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good early morning Mona!!!! I think if you feel the need to hire help with the house you go for it! You work long hard hours and deserve the help to get caught up. I agree about the shopping. I love ordering from Amazon when possible. I don't order clothes but anything else I do. It's nice saving with no sales tax and I love the free shipping. You know it is the same with books. I see where Books a Millions are going to be closing some stores. Everyone is using Kindles instead of books. I see where you had a earth quake off your coast this morning!

Winter is back here again!!! The wind is blowing hard out and I have been putting off going to the grocery store for the last few days so I guess I'll be holding my hair down when I go out. Melinda...if you were here wearing one of your dresses you would be holding on for life. The wind would blow you straight up like a balloon!

Have a great morning all.....
Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #2685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Good Morning! Well, we have snow!! It is a good snow because it is only sticking to grass, houses, cars and not the sidewalks and streets. So, no shoveling! Yay!!! I can look at the pretty snow but don't have to do too much work. I did have to start ds' car early and clear off the windows. The wipers were stuck with ice to the windshield so it was a good thing that I went out early to start the car and get the defroster going. It is still snowing so he needed the wipers to drive.

Mona, I agree with Sue. If you need to hire someone to come in even just once to help you get caught up then you go for it. Ask around to find any folks who use someone so you and dh can feel comfortable with having a stranger in your house. Would be nice if you could maybe schedule it after you had a day or two to pick up clutter so that they could do the cleaning. Good luck!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #2686

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Good morning sunshines. It is a very cold morning with more snow to come.

Kcmama I laughed at your "good" snow. We have freeways shut down because of ice. I guess we have "bad" snow.

Deb, I hope things are looking up for you today.

Chewie, whats the word on DS?

Mona, I think you should hire a housekeeper. It will make you soooooooo happy! How are the hips doing?

Sue, Mike is home so my words with friends will be spotty at best I have to keep the old man entertained.

Melindapoo, sending you lots of good vibes, prayers and happy glitter.

Lynn, how are things going with you?

Lucky, how is the DH doing?

Linda I am glad you can see. How were the cucumbers?

I am going to get my hair cut today, finally! I am so frustrated with it I want to hack it all off with a butter knife!

Last edited by Lony; 01-30-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #2687

Good Morning Ladies....

Kcmama..I had to think of you yesterday and today.. as I drop my kid off at school and then to the cleaners to get his band uniform cleaned and then today to pick it up.. it's near the Starbucks.. so I am running there quickly to get there and be back in time to wake hubs up for work by 7:30.. reminds me of you for some reason...you do so much I swear...

MonaBona.. My hubs told me the other day that when my son officially moves out, he wants to get a cleaning service in a for a good deep cleaning.. I say go for it...I don't know if I want him speaking to the union rep now because his issue was resolved, fingers crossed...I don't want an X on his back.. but the other employees want him to go in there..I said to hubs.. there comes a time when you have to take care of just yourself.. cause he has a huge heart...and things have backfired before...

Lonykins.. I am going to breathe easier today and thank the good lord that hopefully this is resoloved...and get my walking done...eat better today.. cause I have been blowing it big time.. and now I have to stop it.. so I think bacon and eggs and sausage will do the trick!!

Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I used to smoke...I was working.. and I took a smoke break with my work mate Larry.. and Larry and I went to the front to smoke.. and low and behold what happens...because it was a wind trap where we smoked..if it was blowing a little bit in that area it was times 10 and what happens?? I am smoking and talking to him.. and whirly whirl here comes the wind.. and my dress blew up to my shoulders.. talk about embarrassment beyond belief!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #2688

Mona.. before I go and get dressed.. I was just thinking about something, when I started low carb everyone said oh the energy blah blah.. I never got it. I was put on Thyroid pills.. doc said oh you will lose weight and now have the energy..I never got it..I walk almost everyday... still waiting on that spurt of energy... I once drank a Monster Energy drink...I never got the energy.. I am totally with you on that...
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 AM   #2689

Good morning. Happy humpday! It got cold over night. Supposed to be in the 30s today. BRRRRR It's been such a weird January regarding weather.

I asked dh to take ds to football this morning. I wanted to do my dreadmill and bike first thing. I did 35 minutes!!!! Phew, it's hard no matter when you do it but I love getting it out of the way. Then there is NO excuse.

My boss asked me to move out of my office yesterday and go back to the outer office desk. I really don't care and I told him to take this office in July when he came. What a jerk. Now we have to move computers, empty desks, etc. GRRRRRRR

Those turkey spinach feta burgers were great the other night. Everyone liked them even though they were green. LOL They were moist and flavorful but they could have used more feta. I only used 4 oz for 2 lbs of turkey and 2 big bags of spinach---which I sauteed with garlic and red onion. YUM
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #2690

Quote:
Mona.. before I go and get dressed.. I was just thinking about something, when I started low carb everyone said oh the energy blah blah.. I never got it. I was put on Thyroid pills.. doc said oh you will lose weight and now have the energy..I never got it..I walk almost everyday... still waiting on that spurt of energy... I once drank a Monster Energy drink...I never got the energy.. I am totally with you on that...
I am the same. I never got the energy burst from lc or my thyroid pills either.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #2691

Mona--I agree that you deserve to have someone come help you clean. You work very hard and time is an issue.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #2692

Lony--I don't know about ds's ankle yet. I guess we'll wait another day or 2 and then decide or call the trainer again.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #2693
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chewie.....I really like anything with Feta cheese. The turkey burgers sounds wonderful!
kcmama....we've had no snow here yet this year. Good or bad snow!!! LOL
Lony....I totally understand about entertaining hubs while he is home!!

Melinda.....how about some of the other employees going in and standing up for what is right and telling how they feel about everything! Not going to happen is it? They want hubs to go in and do the dirty work alone.

There is no getting out of it today. I have to go shopping but it is just so cold and windy out I just keep putting it off!!!!! Why didn't I do this Monday when the weather was nice?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #2694

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Hubs wanted me to run him to the shop this morning instead of taking the truck. Good thing I have 4 wheel drive. Nothing but sheet ice and snow drifts. Bad Snow!

Sue I have to go get a few things at the grocery too. I am going to bite the bullet and go to the local store because they have been closing the freeway between here and Sheridan off an on since yesterday. With more snow on the way, I figure better safe than sorry.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #2695
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Good, Loni thanks.. Enjoy Mr. Mike..I find sometimes...when we forget how lucky we are...take a moment to look into the one we love's eyes...time sort of stands still for a moment...and we can really focus on them...life so often gets in the way...and while we appreciate them in our minds...they aren't mind readers..

I like the idea of turkey burgers with feta...minus the spinach..lol..and the garlic (sorry Melinda) and onions sound awesome....I LOVE feta...I often can't have it within reach...now Chewie...if you would be so kind as to cook them...

Happy Day all..whether you feel like it or not...

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #2696
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Mona, a cleaning service is the best gift I ever gave myself. She comes in twice a month and does the deep cleaning. I try to have everything picked up and put away before she comes. That is a kick in the rump to me to keep everything put away.

Has anyone tried raspberry keotone? My worse diet sabatoge is when I get home from work and I graze, non-stop. I have been taking the pills at breakfast and at 1:00. It has really helped with the munchies. I am down 2 pounds, but will wait a little longer to see if I think it really work.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #2697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good Morning Ladies....

Kcmama..I had to think of you yesterday and today.. as I drop my kid off at school and then to the cleaners to get his band uniform cleaned and then today to pick it up.. it's near the Starbucks.. so I am running there quickly to get there and be back in time to wake hubs up for work by 7:30.. reminds me of you for some reason...you do so much I swear...

MonaBona.. My hubs told me the other day that when my son officially moves out, he wants to get a cleaning service in a for a good deep cleaning.. I say go for it...I don't know if I want him speaking to the union rep now because his issue was resolved, fingers crossed...I don't want an X on his back.. but the other employees want him to go in there..I said to hubs.. there comes a time when you have to take care of just yourself.. cause he has a huge heart...and things have backfired before...

Lonykins.. I am going to breathe easier today and thank the good lord that hopefully this is resoloved...and get my walking done...eat better today.. cause I have been blowing it big time.. and now I have to stop it.. so I think bacon and eggs and sausage will do the trick!!

Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I used to smoke...I was working.. and I took a smoke break with my work mate Larry.. and Larry and I went to the front to smoke.. and low and behold what happens...because it was a wind trap where we smoked..if it was blowing a little bit in that area it was times 10 and what happens?? I am smoking and talking to him.. and whirly whirl here comes the wind.. and my dress blew up to my shoulders.. talk about embarrassment beyond belief!!
You know, Melinda, perhaps he should just tell the truth. This is what happened and yesterday we had a meeting and she stated she didn't know and agreed to go back to doing as I requested. For now the problem appears to be resolved. That way if she does go back on her word from yesterday the union people know what has transpired. Also he won't be lying that a problem never happened and then all his workmates will no longer trust him and may stab him in the back in the future. Just tell the facts of what happened and say it appears to be resolved. JMHO

Last edited by kcmama; 01-30-2013 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: fix run on sentence!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #2698

Quote:
Hubs wanted me to run him to the shop this morning instead of taking the truck. Good thing I have 4 wheel drive. Nothing but sheet ice and snow drifts. Bad Snow!

Sue I have to go get a few things at the grocery too. I am going to bite the bullet and go to the local store because they have been closing the freeway between here and Sheridan off an on since yesterday. With more snow on the way, I figure better safe than sorry.
Good idea Lony. Even if you have to pay a little more, you're better off having the stuff than not. Stay warm and safe. Cuddle up with Mike and Fredburger.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #2699

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
Mona, a cleaning service is the best gift I ever gave myself. She comes in twice a month and does the deep cleaning. I try to have everything picked up and put away before she comes. That is a kick in the rump to me to keep everything put away.

Has anyone tried raspberry keotone? My worse diet sabatoge is when I get home from work and I graze, non-stop. I have been taking the pills at breakfast and at 1:00. It has really helped with the munchies. I am down 2 pounds, but will wait a little longer to see if I think it really work.
Nope, not tried it but sounds like it's helping. Hope it continues to work.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #2700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ooooo, bad snow, bad, bad snow. Get your things and get back home where you will be safe and warm!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote