Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #2641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I will get down to business.. I just want to say good morning...and I need your prayers big time.. no thankfully not for an illness...but for my husband's JOBS...yes JOBS.. they are screwing them so badly that it is now affecting the 2nd job.. and now on Thurs the Union is coming in, as it has been called a hostile working place... today my hubs has a meeting with his boss and the higher boss.. but the higher up boss loves his boss..so he doesn't think anything will be done.. yesterday and today my husband looks terrible and his feeling awful.. I told him I didn't care if we lose the house and we lived in a room as long as he is healthy but that went over like a lead balloon... yes he loves his dogs...the ones that threw up all over my living room....The Employees who called the union rep in... said they did not want the higher boss in this meeting.. they fear he is going to protect her as he always does.. my hubs isn't the only one who is getting screwed.. one guy has custody issues.. so for the past 14 years he has had Sun and Mon off to be with his children and he got screwed over two.. it's just that they can adjust a little better because they don't work a second job.. but you know some people work different hours for different reasons... you know like child care, or school etc....My husband was pale and he was shaking this morning.. and my heart is just broken.. because you know they say oh work hard and all good things.. well that isn't ringing true for us.. so anyway that's my vent and rant and all I am asking is for some prayers...he is hearing now from the night job too...you know all these people profess to love my hubs and working with him is fantastic cause he isn't lazy etc etc and yet this is the thanks he gets...

Well I am going to get coffee and start walking...I did 9 minutes already... and I have to stay away from food.. I have put on 3 pounds this week and I have to stop it...why hurt me.....

Sue I was in your office..
Melinda, I actually popped back in here because I have a question for you. But first, let me say how sorry I am to hear this. I am going to pray that the Union Rep will find in favor of all the employees and say that it is indeed a hostile environment and that woman is the cause. I will also pray for your hubby and you and your stress levels.

Now, my question for you. What is the name of the Home Warranty Insurance Co. you used to use? I want to be sure to avoid them. I am going with a company called HomeServ to insure our water main from the house to the street. Apparently that part of the water line is the homeowner's responsibility to maintain and/or repair and it can cost thousands. Our water/sewer company sent us the letter and recommended this company. Wanted to make sure it is not the company you have dealt with. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #2642
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
AMERICAN HOME SHIELDS....unfortunately the plumber when this happened with my water heater, told me that in our side of the country American Home Shields is the best... yeah well maybe back in 1993 but not now...

man I must be crazy and not thinking straight.. but I know AHS is also part of another company, like Serv Pro or something.. anyway.. there has been 1389 complains about AHS to consumer affairs.. I sure would love to find a comparable company like they were back in the 90's....
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #2643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Oksue
Stats: 320/290/170
WOE: Healthy Eating
Start Date: 6/13/11
Melinda....I just left the office.
I had to take a break from Lony beating my bu$$ in Words and get something going for supper tonight. She uses all these big and at times unknown words. LOL....me....I use 3-5 letter words!!!!!!!!!LOL

It is raining out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May I just go into God's Praise Room and say "thank you for the rain". Sometimes we forget to go in there and thank Him for such things as rain. Anyway I seem to. Someone said that is the emptiest room in Heaven because we don't remember to go back in to say "thanks for our blessing". I'm betting the Complaint room is the busiest!!!!!! I know I am there a lot!!!Ok......preacher Sue is done.
Oksue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 AM   #2644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One more thing....did you all see where JC Penny's are going back to having their sales? I know I for one had stopped shopping there. I didn't like the look of the store or direction they were heading in. We like to see those sales and not so up scale around here!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #2645

You are absolutely correct Sue.. I thank the Good Lord for a very healthy gorgeous sonny boy for sure....and the weather here for me has been good..rain.. though gone.. and good sleeping weather....

Funny story I had a bottle of Welch's light grape juice in my car... and boy Sonny Boy zeroed in on it last night, after picking him up from the basketball game...that made his blue eyes light up...

Keep preaching Sue...I have to be reminded personally myself....I tell you that Lonykins is a smart one!1
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #2646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksue View Post
One more thing....did you all see where JC Penny's are going back to having their sales? I know I for one had stopped shopping there. I didn't like the look of the store or direction they were heading in. We like to see those sales and not so up scale around here!!!
I don't shop there.. they did something odd in my mall...like Macy's the girl department and fat women's section is one building but then you have to go all the way to the other side of the mall, as they took over Robinsons May....for the men's section and Penney's did the same thing..I hate the mall and always have...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #2647
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I will get down to business.. I just want to say good morning...and I need your prayers big time.. no thankfully not for an illness...but for my husband's JOBS...yes JOBS.. they are screwing them so badly that it is now affecting the 2nd job.. and now on Thurs the Union is coming in, as it has been called a hostile working place... today my hubs has a meeting with his boss and the higher boss.. but the higher up boss loves his boss..so he doesn't think anything will be done.. yesterday and today my husband looks terrible and his feeling awful.. I told him I didn't care if we lose the house and we lived in a room as long as he is healthy but that went over like a lead balloon... yes he loves his dogs...the ones that threw up all over my living room....The Employees who called the union rep in... said they did not want the higher boss in this meeting.. they fear he is going to protect her as he always does.. my hubs isn't the only one who is getting screwed.. one guy has custody issues.. so for the past 14 years he has had Sun and Mon off to be with his children and he got screwed over two.. it's just that they can adjust a little better because they don't work a second job.. but you know some people work different hours for different reasons... you know like child care, or school etc....My husband was pale and he was shaking this morning.. and my heart is just broken.. because you know they say oh work hard and all good things.. well that isn't ringing true for us.. so anyway that's my vent and rant and all I am asking is for some prayers...he is hearing now from the night job too...you know all these people profess to love my hubs and working with him is fantastic cause he isn't lazy etc etc and yet this is the thanks he gets...

Well I am going to get coffee and start walking...I did 9 minutes already... and I have to stay away from food.. I have put on 3 pounds this week and I have to stop it...why hurt me.....

Sue I was in your office..
Well, Melinda the whole thing sucks because of the stress it brings...that place has been a nightmare lately..yes..you know what they say...and I have seen it to be true more times than I can count..."when one door closes another one opens"...things are going to happen the way they are going to happen...all the worrying in the world won't change anything...I don't know all the particulars...but, I have worked with some of the MOST annoying people...and karma got them in the end..your hubs just needs to keep up his great work ethic..and everything else will take care of itself...try not to worry...the best is yet to come..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #2648

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Quote:
Melinda....I just left the office.
I had to take a break from Lony beating my bu$$ in Words and get something going for supper tonight. She uses all these big and at times unknown words. LOL....me....I use 3-5 letter words!!!!!!!!!LOL

It is raining out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May I just go into God's Praise Room and say "thank you for the rain". Sometimes we forget to go in there and thank Him for such things as rain. Anyway I seem to. Someone said that is the emptiest room in Heaven because we don't remember to go back in to say "thanks for our blessing". I'm betting the Complaint room is the busiest!!!!!! I know I am there a lot!!!Ok......preacher Sue is done.
They are not unknown words!!!!! Half the time I have a good one lined up and you steal the letter I was going to use. LOL
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #2649

Melinda, Big hugs, just big hugs!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wow, we sure have been quiet lately. Where's Deb? We need to snap out of these winter doldrums. It's lonely. Melinda and Eliza are missing again too. And Lony where are all your jokes and stuff. Miss the glitter too. Waaa waaa waaa Yes, I'm whining.
Sorry I am starting on a tee shirt quilt for my movie star friend.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #2651

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Sorry I am starting on a tee shirt quilt for my movie star friend.
Who's the movie star friend? And what is a tee shirt quilt?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #2652

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
They are not unknown words!!!!! Half the time I have a good one lined up and you steal the letter I was going to use. LOL
I like word games. Can I play? Where? How?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #2653
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bamboozled
Stats: 297/285/210
WOE: Blood Type Diet/SB Phase 2
Start Date: Sept.23/12 and restarted Mar.18/13
Well, I have been taking it a bit easy since Christmas, eating more nuts than I know I should be. Wanted my skin to catch up with the weight loss so yes I was welcoming a stall!!

I'm hoping to lose 8 lbs by March. Let's see if I can do it

I weigh 293 today, down from over 325lbs as of the last week of September 2012. When I hit 250 I think that will be the real "WOW" for me.
Bamboozled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #2654

Quote:
Who's the movie star friend? And what is a tee shirt quilt?
He was in a low budget movie a few years ago. Now we tease him about being a movie star

A tee shirt quilt is where you cut a big square out of the front of a tee shirt that has sentimental value. You then sew them together with some strips between them. That makes the topper then you back and fill it. Pretty cool for tees you want to save, but don't want to have stuck in a closet.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #2655
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I'm back from my husbands cataract surgery. My son ended up taking us. I was sure glad he did. There was a metal 5 gallon bucket in the road and my son was able to avoid it. There were 6 lanes going each direction. I could have driven if it hadn't been at rush hour.

Melinda, I will be praying for your hubs.

It has been quite a morning. We are under a tornado watch. While we were in St. Louis, my brother-in-law called that someone had broken into his vehicles, but hadn't taken anything. He went down the road to see if anyone had been at my son's shed, but didn't find anything. My son went over after we got home. He had an old logging truck and they had broken the windshield out of it and threw away the only set of keys he had. He is livid. My brother-in-law found a car hanging over a bridge on a dead end road that was supposedly stolen in a nearby town. We think the car belongs to the people who vandalized my son's truck. Things are going to get ugly.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #2656

Quote:
I like word games. Can I play? Where? How?
Words with friends on facebook Miss Chewie.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #2657

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I'm back from my husbands cataract surgery. My son ended up taking us. I was sure glad he did. There was a metal 5 gallon bucket in the road and my son was able to avoid it. There were 6 lanes going each direction. I could have driven if it hadn't been at rush hour.

It has been quite a morning. We are under a tornado watch. While we were in St. Louis, my brother-in-law called that someone had broken into his vehicles, but hadn't taken anything. He went down the road to see if anyone had been at my son's shed, but didn't find anything. My son went over after we got home. He had an old logging truck and they had broken the windshield out of it and threw away the only set of keys he had. He is livid. My brother-in-law found a car hanging over a bridge on a dead end road that was supposedly stolen in a nearby town. We think the car belongs to the people who vandalized my son's truck. Things are going to get ugly.
OMG Lucky, I hope things can come to a peaceful end. What is wrong with people today?

Also sending quick healing prayers.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #2658
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Quote:

What a day for you. Glad to hear that ds was able to take you. Sorry to hear about the vandalism on the vehicles. When you say things are going to get ugly - do you think you know who it might/could be? Things like that just make you so angry - why do people have to act like that?

I'm sure dh is very glad the last surgery is over too. I know I sure am. Will be glad to get my new prescription - still have to wait a month though. Same with your DH?

Linda
pansies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #2659
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda - prayers for you and dh. This job situation has been going on so long. I hope the union can do something positive about it. Why can't fair be fair? People have lives outside the workplace. He's been a good employee - this just shouldn't always be an issue. Why can't anyone else see what a problem this supervisor is anyway?

Linda
Old 01-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #2660
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Yes, we have it figured out who it is. The sheriff's department in our county is a bunch of idiots. They tell one lie after another. The boy whose car was supposedly stolen just got out of jail. The "thief" left this boys wallet and keys in the car. How convenient. The sheriff never opened the door to the car and did not look in the trunk. He says the boys can't be guilty because they stole and check from him and it has already cleared the bank. Supposedly they stole it late last night, and it has already cleared the bank by 9:00 this morning???? I don't think so.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #2661
Major LCF Poster!

It has been such a beautiful day here - sun shining - warm temps.........and tomorrow it's supposed to be close to 70.........oh how this weather teases.........Thursday is supposed to be a 20+ degree drop.

Tomorrow bright and early I have my follow-up eye apt..............8am - that's too early. Eyes are doing good - I am so anxious to see the diff with new glasses - but I'll have to bide my time - no new prescription till the 22nd of Feb.......and then NO MORE DROPS..........ugh - that's still a long time. I know - I know - you're all sick of me whining about these darn drops........it's getting messy........lol - put one drop in one eye - the other eye waters, then drops in that eye - makes the other water even more - then my nose starts running.........see what I mean? lol - tmi I know........I just keep telling myself - be grateful it is coming to an end. Poor dh - he will be so glad too.

Think I'm going to go make salmon patties for dinner.........asparagus.....salad........lony's swedish cukes.......oooh - so yummy. How healthy is that I ask you? Trying to be good - there are some peanut M&M's calling my name. So far I have given them the cold shoulder.........trying the out of sight/out of mind. What a struggle. Why, why, why? Cause I eat too many - I have no 'off' switch when it comes to some foods.........well - a lot of foods..........just saying.

Linda
Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #2662

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:

Melinda we are waiting Every Day for them to get rid of Ken

i did load the DW today

sigh more rough patches with the helicopter people Ken is thinking of filing bankruptcy
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #2663
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did someone say peanut M&M's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #2664

Lynn.. Thank you so much for your kind words....it made me so angry.. because my hubs has an impeccable working record.. with tons of accommodations from animal groups to the higher ups in the city.. He even got an award from the Golden Retriever rescue a couple of years ago....so it was beyond belief that they would try and screw him over like this...

Chewie and Lucky.. thank you so much for your prayers....and Lucky I am sending you prayers as well....

Deb.. I hear you... I really do.. but the 2nd job was giving my hub's problems because of his main job.. and if we don't have these jobs, we can't pay our mortgage and there goes our tiny 1000 square foot house, (that needs tons of work) that we both worked hard for.. my house isn't paid off and won't be until I am 69 friggen years old...My husband is the one who usually tells me to stop worrying etc etc etc.. and now here he was beyond where I am at times....(AHEMMM SUE AND LONYKINS)...Hopefully Ken will be ok...

Linda..I thank you so much for your prayers.. and now the problem is on Thurs, the 4 employees want him to be in on the meeting and I told hubs..to be very careful.. because he got his schedule resolved today.. and I said people like that one lady.. used to volunteer there a ton of hours and thru my hub's encouragement she applied and got the job.. her husband is a big time contractor...and so they don't need the money..so I told him, you have more to lose than they do, so think about this..I saw the color in his face again.. he is just a little nervous, that she may pull this again...

But he went into the meeting and she acted like she didn't know which is a balled face lie.. hubs and I have a great line of communication.. and he told me so many times he has told her, that he would work any hours, but please not to mess with Monday and Tues and Wed Night...and she claims in front of her boss that she didn't know.. when hubs told me that I almost rocketed up to the moon on anger power alone.. cause we came up with at least 5 times, he mentioned it to her.. I don't know if she was trying to save her own ass or what..

Well anyway.. so thank you so much for your prayers.. and I am so sorry I flew off the handle...I am just an emotional person who wears her heart on her sleeve.. what you see on the board is what I am in my real life...now I am going to breathe...
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #2665
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Did someone say peanut M&M's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sadly, it was me.............I have to report that they won!!!!! Darn it anyway. I have been so good with the goodies lately and those little buggers worked their magic swan song on me.............good news is that I didn't consume the whole bag. Literally threw the bag at dh and told him to get them out of my sight and not let me know where he put them. Isn't it pathetic that I can't control myself around those little sweet little nuggets of pure comfort food?

Linda
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #2666

it's ok Linda.. my mouth is watering for some lousy TOP ramen in my cabinet....I am trying to say SHSHHSHSH to myself..
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #2667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
Well, I have been taking it a bit easy since Christmas, eating more nuts than I know I should be. Wanted my skin to catch up with the weight loss so yes I was welcoming a stall!!

I'm hoping to lose 8 lbs by March. Let's see if I can do it

I weigh 293 today, down from over 325lbs as of the last week of September 2012. When I hit 250 I think that will be the real "WOW" for me.
Oh my goodness!! congratulations on the loss. Great job!! Have you kind of mapped out a weight loss plan by weeks and have a date in mind when you want to reach 250 or are you just waiting to see how much you lose each week? continued good luck and maybe if you post your losses here periodically it will motivate me!
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #2668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
He was in a low budget movie a few years ago. Now we tease him about being a movie star

A tee shirt quilt is where you cut a big square out of the front of a tee shirt that has sentimental value. You then sew them together with some strips between them. That makes the topper then you back and fill it. Pretty cool for tees you want to save, but don't want to have stuck in a closet.
I have a friend who had this done for her son when he graduated from high school. The woman who did it did an excellent job. It really looked nice. Like something out of Pottery Barn Teen or something.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #2669
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ooooooooh, Nooooooo. I am so sorry to hear that. Do they or the police have any ideas/suspects in mind?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #2670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post

Melinda we are waiting Every Day for them to get rid of Ken

i did load the DW today

sigh more rough patches with the helicopter people Ken is thinking of filing bankruptcy
Hope he knows a really good bankruptcy lawyer. Can they take your house/cars, etc if he does?