Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #2521
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Wow--that choc pb mousse is awesome plus each 1/2 cup serving has 18 grams of protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #2522

So Deb, KC and me all chose green as our fav color. Great minds. . .
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #2523

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wow--that choc pb mousse is awesome plus each 1/2 cup serving has 18 grams of protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have ya posted the recipe??
and green has always been my favorite color!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #2524

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
Well now, with so much snow in the forecast I decided just to take my propane tank up the the mini mart and exchange it so I don't freeze to death. I go in to pay and hand the guy my debit card. He runs it, I enter the pin and he makes a weird face. He clears it out and runs it again, same weird face.

He calls someone over and she said, Oh ok I will go get the manager. I am confused at this point. The manager comes in and goes to a different register and rings me up. Everything was fine. We walk out to change the propane tanks and I asked her what the problem was. She said that my card came up twice as fraud and if it didn't work the third time they were going to call the cops. WTHeck?

Just what I needed to start my morning, handcuffs.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #2525

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
have ya posted the recipe??
and green has always been my favorite color!
Nope, I just made it up.

Choc pb Greek yogurt mousse
2 cups non fat greek yogurt
1 scoop whey choc protein powder(Mine has 23 g pro)
2 T choc PB2
1 1/2 T DaVinci sf choc syrup
Mix in a food processor. Portion out into 4 servings.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #2526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Well now, with so much snow in the forecast I decided just to take my propane tank up the the mini mart and exchange it so I don't freeze to death. I go in to pay and hand the guy my debit card. He runs it, I enter the pin and he makes a weird face. He clears it out and runs it again, same weird face.

He calls someone over and she said, Oh ok I will go get the manager. I am confused at this point. The manager comes in and goes to a different register and rings me up. Everything was fine. We walk out to change the propane tanks and I asked her what the problem was. She said that my card came up twice as fraud and if it didn't work the third time they were going to call the cops. WTHeck?

Wow, maybe tomorrow you should call your bank. Can you check the account online and make sure nothing weird shows up????
Old 01-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #2527

I'm going to lay down----my stomach feels weird.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wow, maybe tomorrow you should call your bank. Can you check the account online and make sure nothing weird shows up????
I checked it right before I went to the store. I think they have issues with that register because yesterday I stopped for coffee and it would not take my card.
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #2529

Quote:

oh how scary Lony!!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #2530

I know right! I just threw my hair in a clip and tossed on some clothes. I was worried my mug shot would be horrid.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #2531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Hiya girls!

My cat name is Emperor Kissy Von Scooper.

Stopped by the store on the way home from work to get the Sunday paper and a few groceries. I got some good deals but I could have done better. Challenge butter (my favorite brand) was $2.50 each and I forgot my $.55 off coupons. Still a good price but man! And then 80/20 ground beef was $1.79 with club card at Safeway one time purchase only. I didn't think it through and bought 2-5 pound packages. There was a 10 pound limit. If I was thinking I would have had the butcher make me a 10 pound package. So one of the packages was $2.25/lb which is still a pretty good deal but I still get annoyed with myself when I leave money on the table. LOL.

Lony you can count on us to bust you out of jail if the time comes.

Chewie your Sunday dinner sounds great. Hope you feel better.

Linda I'm sorry you lost your post. I know how frustrating that is..

Sue I never get that high of a score! It's a fluke. By the way, did I mention we're playing a dollar a point?

Hello Eliza! Wish you weren't so busy with work. We miss you!
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #2532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:

Hmmmmm, better check with your bank first thing in the morning. Pull your credit reports Immediately and check for some fishy stuff. That would really worry me. Also am wondering about that machine of theirs. Maybe you could go to another store and see if you try to use it on some real small purchase if it comes up with the same message. Although, I had no idea that would show up if someone had a fraud alert put on their credit card. Good to know I guess.
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #2533

I am going to call them and see what the heck is going on. I only have issues at that one store on that one register.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #2534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Listen up all my people...........it is I the EMPEROR KISSY MCMITTENS speaking.

I wish you all a good day, relaxing day, a warm day, a healthy day, etc, etc.

Thanks Lony - that was a fun and cute way to start off a cold Sunday afternoon.

Melinda - did you post your bodaciously delicious dishes for the day? If you did I missed them - so - tell me - and I will go back and check for them.

Lucky - In the post I lost last night - I had a good chuckle about your saying you noticed your unshaved legs when you had cataract surgery. I'm really interested in seeing what I've been missing. All I notice so far has been it's brighter out there now. It was like I was wearing sunglasses - not dark ones though. Good luck to your dh on his next surgery. And good luck to getting there in rush hour traffic. I had that too - going over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge at 7:30 in the morning is not my favorite time.

Deb - the eyes are doing pretty good I'd say. Just a little blurring left in my right eye. I'm anxious to get new glasses, just to really see how much difference there is. Have a month before that though. I can drive - so I'm good to go. How have you been feeling lately?

KC - I think your dh had the better deal yesterday - home alone - ah the peace and quiet - and you were out running all over the county. The things we do for our kids. It's also a lot of fun though - gets us out around other moms doing the same thing.

Chewie - Sunday dinner sounds delish - I've been so hungry for just a good roast beef dinner. Sounds yummy. Sounds like you have a really good thrift store close to you - I envy you all your bargains.

Eliza - good to see your post and glad you're climbing up out of the dumps. Chewie's post was good - January blahs.........but then we still have the Feb ughs and the March hopeful for springs............I say we play whack a groundhog on Feb 2...............kinda like the whack a mole game?

Gonna quick post this - before I lose it......

Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #2535

not LC but since i won't go to chik fila anymore i am hoping this recipe is as good as it looks and yep got it from pinterest!

Quote:
Chick-fil-A Bites

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt & pepper
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup dill pickle juice
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup peanut oil, divided (or canola or vegetable oil)

Directions: Whisk together egg, milk and pickle juice, and pour into a large Ziploc bag or bowl. Add chicken pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.

Combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Shake to combine. Remove chicken from the marinade and add into the bag. Shake to coat the chicken completely.

Heat half the oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat (6 or 7 out of 10.) Test the oil by dropping in a bit of the flour mixture. If it sizzles, the oil is ready, if it pops, lower the temperature a bit.

Gently place chicken pieces into the oil with tongs. Do this in 2 batches, as you don’t want to overcrowd the pan. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown on one side. Turn the chicken over and allow to cook for 3-4 more minutes. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate. Heat the remaining oil and continue with the other half of the chicken pieces.
who knew pickle juice???
Old 01-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #2536
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon Miss Mona..........We were almost the same name there - but - I opted for purple.............We can rule together..........being Emperors and all - right? We shall rule with a soft hand........

You got good bargains on your shopping trip. I go from wanting to stockpile my freezers, to wanting to clear them out. Talk about trying to drive myself crazy? Just can't pass up good deals though - especially on meats. We do love our meats in this house.

Linda
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #2537

oh wowo i am so far behind! this guy is amazing at his repaints1
Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #2538
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
not LC but since i won't go to chik fila anymore i am hoping this recipe is as good as it looks and yep got it from pinterest!

who knew pickle juice???
This is really interesting. Here I thought there was no breading on their chicken bites. Between the pickle juice, conf sugar, and all that flour - wow.

My next thought was - I will just forget all those ingredients and go with my ranch dry dressing mix and chicken chunks.........I'm all for simplier the better. I'm lazy in other words.

Linda
Old 01-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #2539

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansies View Post
This is really interesting. Here I thought there was no breading on their chicken bites. Between the pickle juice, conf sugar, and all that flour - wow.

My next thought was - I will just forget all those ingredients and go with my ranch dry dressing mix and chicken chunks.........I'm all for simplier the better. I'm lazy in other words.

Linda
sounds good to me!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #2540

Quote:

who knew pickle juice???
I find the powdered sugar weirder than the pickle juice. Pickle juice is just dill and vinegar---it could even help tenderize the chicken but sugar????
Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #2541

Quote:

who knew pickle juice???
Sorry but that looks DISGUSTING!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #2542

So I rested for all of 15 minutes and couldn't shake the guilty feelings. I got up and started cleaning my bedroom. Accckkkk I hugn up all my new clothes, folded and put away others, purged some stuff, cleaned off my desk and quick cleaned my walk in closet. DS14 came and put the 2 big bins up on my shelf. I have smaller clothes in them but they've been sitting on the closet floor since before my surgery. :O

It looks a lot better.

I was thinking and it seems every Sunday, I don't feel well. I think it might be due to the fact that I don't take my meds first thing in the morning and my routine is so off. I normally shower, take my meds, have some coffee and then within an hour have my protein shake. On Sundays, I don't take my meds for hours and hours and don't have a protein shake either. I guess I need to stick with what works.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #2543

Laundry is going and I'm pooped already.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #2544

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Hello Linda....good morning.....I am half into cooking today.. but this what I am making

Fruit salad....got some fresh strawberries and blueberries at the 99 cent store.. along with some Mandarin oranges and pineapple...

Corn Salad.. For sonny boy

Jicama and carrot slaw..too much work...I grated it by hand..

Mushroom olive salad

I combined two salads to make one, I got lazy, it was a summer tomato salad and a an Artichoke salad, but I don't have the heart in it today.. so I combined them...

Chicken bacon ranch in the crockpot now.. The at 1pm I am going to use the crockpot for

Swiss steak.. thank goodness for Crockpot liners.....so one crockpot but making 2 dishes today...

Then a Bisquick Mexican Pie.. just ground hamburger, tomato, cheese and taco seasoning that I will put a layer of bisquick on... don't ask me why.. just need to use it up..

Hilshire lil smokies I will roast in the oven with barbecue sauce and honey or something...

Then I am going to roast some potato and carrots..was going to make them all together with the smokies but I think it will burn with the barbecue sauce, Thanks to Sue, she made me think about it some...

Then I am going to stir fry some mushrooms and snap peas..and somehow I friggen lost my shallots from yesterday.. have no idea where they are...

Then I have some crescent roll in a can and I am going to make cinnamon rolls and I bought a an of biscuit grands at the 99 cent store which I am going to roll out and mix with chocolate chips and something and roll it up like a burrito and cook that and then cut them... because I wondering if that would be something sonny could eat for breakfast.. if it lasts til tomorrow..

So I have my salads done, bacon chicken ranch in crockpot ready at 1pm and now I am going to make my Bisquick mish mosh...I am draining my ground beef now...

So nothing special but...it is what it is.. right??

Last edited by crazyone; 01-27-2013 at 11:27 AM..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #2545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Hello Linda....good morning.....I am half into cooking today.. but this what I am making

Fruit salad....got some fresh strawberries and blueberries at the 99 cent store.. along with some Mandarin oranges and pineapple...

Mushroom olive salad

I combined two salads to make one, I got lazy, it was a summer tomato salad and a an Artichoke salad, but I don't have the heart in it today.. so I combined them...

Chicken bacon ranch in the crockpot now.. The at 1pm I am going to use the crockpot for

Swiss steak.. thank goodness for Crockpot liners.....so one crockpot but making 2 dishes today...

Then a Bisquick Mexican Pie.. just ground hamburger, tomato, cheese and taco seasoning that I will put a layer of bisquick on... don't ask me why.. just need to use it up..

Hilshire lil smokies I will roast in the oven with barbecue sauce and honey or something...

Then I am going to roast some potato and carrots..was going to make them all together with the smokies but I think it will burn with the barbecue sauce, Thanks to Sue, she made me think about it some...

Then I am going to stir fry some mushrooms and snap peas..and somehow I friggen lost my shallots from yesterday.. have no idea where they are...

Then I have some crescent roll in a can and I am going to make cinnamon rolls and I bought a an of biscuit grands at the 99 cent store which I am going to roll out and mix with chocolate chips and something and roll it up like a burrito and cook that and then cut them... because I wondering if that would be something sonny could eat for breakfast.. if it lasts til tomorrow..

So I have my salads done, bacon chicken ranch in crockpot ready at 1pm and now I am going to make my Bisquick mish mosh...I am draining my ground beef now...

Well, it all sounds great to me!!! I think you have enough for my clan to eat with you! What time is dinner?
Old 01-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Well, it all sounds great to me!!! I think you have enough for my clan to eat with you! What time is dinner?
I was thinking the same thing!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #2547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sorry but that looks DISGUSTING!
I really really like Chick-fil-A! Yum!!! Gift cards to there were in my kids' Christmas stockings. I didn't know there was pickle juice in the recipe but now reading it, I realize that is a flavor in it! I read that and thought, Of Course! That is it!!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #2548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing!
I just read what you have posted on your Avi!I noticed the pic before but didn't really pay attention to the words cuz you all are always posting different animal pics. I just thought it was another animal and didn't really look at it too closely.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #2549

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I just read what you have posted on your Avi!I noticed the pic before but didn't really pay attention to the words cuz you all are always posting different animal pics. I just thought it was another animal and didn't really look at it too closely.
That was my face when I saw what my name was!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #2550
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post

Mushroom olive salad

Wow Melinda..............I do think I'm already full - just reading that menu. Just look at all the calories you saved me. You always have so many tasty sounding dishes. I love that you are so adventuresome with your mishmosh/cooking. I never think of things like that - I'm a recipe in hand cook. I keep telling dh and ds that we need to fire the cook, but they are always willing to give her (me) another chance. Darn the luck.

Linda