Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
Afternoon All!

I have unpacked suitcases and washed 5 loads of darks. Hung 4 of them up to dry and have a load of jeans in the dryer. Need to take the suitcases to the basement. I am showered and dressed. Today I have to go with ds to an appointment and get youngest to an ice skating gig with her Girl Scout Troop. It sure is bright and sunny out with the sunlight reflecting off of the snow.
Please come do my laundry, too!
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #212

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
OK I just got my car insurance renewal.. I am going to have a seat and open it....pass the Long Island Iced tea.
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmama View Post
I have friends who ordered their invitations from Costco. Can you check someplace like Vista Print or some such online to see if they would be cheaper? I am thinking that the minimum order may have been 25 with Josten's 4 years ago but Chewie just went through this last year so she may have more up to date info. My son and daughter both elected not to get class rings. Yay!
Great idea! I think that's what we'll do.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
No actually is is about 20 below there, but it would be a different division he is working for so the temps don't matter.
Cannot imagine what 20 below zero feels like!

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-02-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Ok I am done for awhile.. I am gonna figure out what to cook for dinner.. I know early but I have to pack it for hub's lunch...too...

Don't tell but my son has been eating like a bottomless pit....I think he ate a whole box of frozen waffles the night before...

There is a small place up the block that sells Chili Cheese Fries.. and no one wanted the change from Vegas.. so I snatched it up an put it in my ashtray in the car...for just in case.. so he went in there and got himself 3.50 for chili cheese fries.. I tried to tell him not to do that. due to his stomach.. but good thing he isn't going to school until next week..
Melindochka, is his stomach doing OK now? Is everything moving smoothly? He will be mortified to know we discuss his bowel movements in detail on here. But it's only because we care.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I know it gets annoying but it sounds so cute.
After the 14th time I lost my patience and he was sequestered in the laundry room. But he is not happy and demands his release!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Eliza.. my son wants to get out and live on campus.. I tried talking to him till I was blue in the face.. about the expense etc etc etc..but in his heart he wants dorm life...as I told Sue...my son wants a car so bad.. and we can't afford one for him.. so we told him to go out and get a job.. why take another music class with this horrible band teacher, this last semester...and he still hasn't gotten off his lazy butt to do it..and I told him when he lives on campus.. he is going to have to have a job, might as well start now..so I said my peace and the rest is going to have to be up to him...he is going to be 18...I can't hold his hands for him, for forever.. unfortunately it's going to be his mistake he makes..
I think your DS has gotten himself an idealized fantasy of what living in a dorm is going to be...maybe from TV or movies or something. In reality he's going to be sharing a tiny room with a stranger who probably farts in his sleep. And when he has to use the bathroom or take a shower he'll have to wait in line and/or haul his supplies to the john with him every time. He'll be doing all his own laundry....getting all his own meals. It's going to be a real eye-opener for him. I agree with Eliza. I think after the novelty wears off you will see more of him than you think.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Treasurer came in to do some computer stuff and bugged me for over 60 minutes. GRRRR Now I came home for lunch and ate too fast and feel sick. GRRRRRR Just cause I was annoyed. Second time I've done it.
How annoying! Maybe you should come up with a strategy to get rid of him for future use. He cannot be wasting your time like that all the time.

Last edited by Eliza_Jazz; 01-02-2013 at 11:30 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
NAH happens to kids all the time a lot of colleges on't even let frshmen especailly bring vehicles
Oh, I didn't know that. But even if it was OK, our work schedules would not allow it, especially since it is so far from home.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
I hope 2013 doesn't continue like today. The hired hand and I had a head-on collision on my driveway and I think my car will be totaled. Neither of us was hurt, but I am really getting sore now. My radiator was shoved into the motor and the motor was shoved into the transmission. The hood is buckled at an angle. Hope the year improves soon.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #221

Quote:
Eliza.. my son wants to get out and live on campus.. I tried talking to him till I was blue in the face.. about the expense etc etc etc..but in his heart he wants dorm life...as I told Sue...my son wants a car so bad.. and we can't afford one for him.. so we told him to go out and get a job.. why take another music class with this horrible band teacher, this last semester...and he still hasn't gotten off his lazy butt to do it..and I told him when he lives on campus.. he is going to have to have a job, might as well start now..so I said my peace and the rest is going to have to be up to him...he is going to be 18...I can't hold his hands for him, for forever.. unfortunately it's going to be his mistake he makes..
I totally agree with Mona. He has an idealized and romanticized version of dorm life.

I lived in the dorms all through college, and let me tell you, while the partying was good, everything else was very inconvenient. People coming and going, noise, roommates being filthy and annoying....you have it all. Had to do all my studying in the library because there was never any peace and quiet. The guy next door was always depressed and blasting "losing my religion", the people above were always frisky and you can hear the bed creaking all night ....Of course, when you are young you have higher tolerance for these things. I couldn't do it now ....no way.

Staying on plan is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Miles walked since July 2013 - over 1,160 .....and over 2,500,000 steps
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mona
Stats: 380/311/175 46y.o. 5'10"
WOE: VSG 11/14/11 Moderate LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky51 View Post
I hope 2013 doesn't continue like today. The hired hand and I had a head-on collision on my driveway and I think my car will be totaled. Neither of us was hurt, but I am really getting sore now. My radiator was shoved into the motor and the motor was shoved into the transmission. The hood is buckled at an angle. Hope the year improves soon.
OMG Lucky I'm so sorry to hear this. Glad no one was seriously injured. I hope the soreness doesn't turn into something worse. Take some tylenol (or your pain reliever of choice) and take it easy.
Mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #223

Quote:
Elaine, this is scary! Glad you are not hurt.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #224

Gallery: Lony
Stats: 357/230/160
WOE: Atkins(ish)
Start Date: July 6 2011
First the shingles and now this... You poor thing!
Lony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #225

Off to release the kitty from the laundry room. And time to do some laundry.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
OH NO! I am so so sorry to hear that! Don't want to be the insurance agent for this one either! Do you own both cars? Or was the hired hand driving his own car?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kcmama
Stats: 200/190/150
WOE: modified low carb
Start Date: Sept 2010
How are you doing with the shingles these days, Lucky?
kcmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona View Post
I think your DS has gotten himself an idealized fantasy of what living in a dorm is going to be...maybe from TV or movies or something. In reality he's going to be sharing a tiny room with a stranger who probably farts in his sleep. And when he has to use the bathroom or take a shower he'll have to wait in line and/or haul his supplies to the john with him every time. He'll be doing all his own laundry....getting all his own meals. It's going to be a real eye-opener for him. I agree with Eliza. I think after the novelty wears off you will see more of him than you think.
OMG MonaI told him all that....it goes in one ear and out the other..till I was blue in the face....till we got into heated arguments..
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #229

Lucky OMG I am so lad no one was hurt. I pray all will be ok..

Eluzakins my son would kill me if he knew how much I spoke about him...but I sometimes need help and advice...and then there are times I am so proud of him.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #230

It only took 20 min to clean the master bath, dishes were started earlier, now I'm finally cooking lunch. Feel like I have accomplished something today.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #231

Federal Deadline:
Online applications must be submitted by midnight Central Time, June 30, 2013.
Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight Central Time, September 24, 2013.

State Deadlines:
Each state has a different deadline. See the listing below.

College Deadlines:
Each college may have a different deadline. Check with the college(s) you are interested in attending. You may also want to ask your college about their definition of an application deadline – whether it is the date they receive your FAFSA, or the date your FAFSA is processed.

Last edited by Lony; 01-02-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #232

Lonykins your a doll thank you so much!, I need to see you in the conference room..
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
The sooner you can get FASFA in, the better. Because we farm, it was very difficult to get the info early. Some of the school scholarships were gone before we could get the info posted. If you have W-2's, just use your last check stub.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #234

Good Lord Lucky...now I understand what Deb meant about Ken's pay stubs...OMG..thank you for that.. what has my son done these years with my ability to panic and not understand so quickly!!!

Thanks Lucky!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #235

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
OH NO LUCKY!!! i hope you will be ok these newer vehicles are made to take the impact by crumpling but yeah sounds like they might total it
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #236

whew got some sewing done i have been needing to do
got a package ready to be mailed UGH WHERE is my mailing tape?
started on the village
ordered Steven 2 tassels off ebay THINKING of printing my own grad announcements for him cause i don't need many at all(we know no one anymore) and jostens minimum is 25 then you have to have cards to go in them He will wear his big brothers cap and gown going to check at wally world and see if they might print those phot announcements
he didn't want to stop to at least find out his ring size for his class ring UGH
filled up the van UGH

i can not believe i have had a BRA and lace up shoes on ALL DAY LONG!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
whew got some sewing done i have been needing to do
got a package ready to be mailed UGH WHERE is my mailing tape?
started on the village
ordered Steven 2 tassels off ebay THINKING of printing my own grad announcements for him cause i don't need many at all(we know no one anymore) and jostens minimum is 25 then you have to have cards to go in them He will wear his big brothers cap and gown going to check at wally world and see if they might print those phot announcements
he didn't want to stop to at least find out his ring size for his class ring UGH
filled up the van UGH

i can not believe i have had a BRA and lace up shoes on ALL DAY LONG!
Oh you poor baby!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lony View Post
Oh you poor baby!
hey for the last 2 weeks jammies and houseboots DUDES!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #239

and even on days i do get dressed i wear mules as my regular shoes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #240

Omg rip the bra off.,,!

Bra and pants are the worst things ever!